PDA

View Full Version : Re: Lifting before breakfast?

JMW
September 24th 06, 07:17 AM
Shute > wrote:

>On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 01:56:58 GMT, eponymous cowherd >
>wrote:
>

>>It's commonly said that you should eat several hours before
>>weightlifting so as to have protein in your bloodstream to be used by
>>the muscles for growth. The way my scheduale is right now, it would be
>>more convenient to lift early in the morning before I start work and
>>then eat later. Would I be losing much by doing this?
>>
>>TIA
>
>I usually have more energy if I eat breakfast before I start my day.
>But don't think it matters what time you eat your protein.

Think again.

Pete
September 24th 06, 10:11 AM
"JMW" > schreef:

>>I usually have more energy if I eat breakfast before I start my day.
>>But don't think it matters what time you eat your protein.

> Think again.

John, i remember your post about Aminos/carbs/insuline spike, and i will be
the first to admit that i "shifted""my time of consumption, especially the
Whey protein/banana shakes.

However, muscle growth is an ongoing process, isnt it?

I even eat more on my off days.
And how about the testosterone spikes during the night?

----
Pete