PDA

View Full Version : Re: Lifting before breakfast?

ATP*
September 24th 06, 02:38 PM
"eponymous cowherd" > wrote in message

> It's commonly said that you should eat several hours before
> weightlifting so as to have protein in your bloodstream to be used by
> the muscles for growth. The way my scheduale is right now, it would be
> more convenient to lift early in the morning before I start work and
> then eat later. Would I be losing much by doing this?
>
> TIA

You should have something before you start your workout, as well as after.
Working out early in the morning was a good strategy for me as far as making
sure I got the workout in that day, but I think back injuries are more
likely early in the morning.