PDA

View Full Version : "Jihad" car commercial upsets Muslims

Richard
September 24th 06, 10:47 PM
Is it just me or do Muslims represent the latest group to wave the "I'm
a victim! - it's not my fault!!" card?

Richard

CINCINNATI (Reuters) - A car commercial proclaiming a jihad on the U.S.
auto market and offering "Fatwa Fridays" with free swords for the kids
is offensive and should not be aired, Muslim leaders said on Sunday.

The radio advertisement for the Dennis Mitsubishi car dealership in
Columbus, Ohio, has "a whole jihad theme," said Adnan Mirza, director of
the Columbus office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

thunder
September 24th 06, 11:39 PM
They better watch it, or the religion of peace will go out and behead, cut
off limbs and car bomb downtown Columbus to show that they are a
misunderstood religion of tolerance and peace or they will kill you

"Richard" > wrote in message
> Is it just me or do Muslims represent the latest group to wave the "I'm a
> victim! - it's not my fault!!" card?
>
> Richard
>
> CINCINNATI (Reuters) - A car commercial proclaiming a jihad on the U.S.
> auto market and offering "Fatwa Fridays" with free swords for the kids is
> offensive and should not be aired, Muslim leaders said on Sunday.
>
> The radio advertisement for the Dennis Mitsubishi car dealership in
> Columbus, Ohio, has "a whole jihad theme," said Adnan Mirza, director of
> the Columbus office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Curt James
September 26th 06, 01:36 AM
Let me preface my remarks with the letters OT as this post is OFF topic
fitness and weights, however, it does have a certain miscellaneous vibe
to it, imo.

Let me state also - for the record - that I have no problem at all with
the Muslim faith or those who practice the Muslim faith as their
religion, however anyone who chooses to blow themselves up (along with
anyone near them), well, I'd call that kindasorta (actually,
MightyDamn) extreme and, yeah, probably not a cool thing to do.
Actually, the whole "blow themselves up" thing would be viewed by
myself as a negative behavior and that'd be regardless of the
individual's religious affilitation.

thunder wrote:
> "Richard" wrote
> > Is it just me or do Muslims represent the latest group to wave the "I'm a
> > victim! - it's not my fault!!" card?

I wouldn't characterize the... attitude or response so much as "I'm a
victim!" but rather more "I'm a psycho!"

> > CINCINNATI (Reuters) - A car commercial proclaiming a jihad on the U.S.
> > auto market and offering "Fatwa Fridays" with free swords for the kids is
> > offensive and should not be aired, Muslim leaders said on Sunday.
> >
> > The radio advertisement for the Dennis Mitsubishi car dealership in
> > Columbus, Ohio, has "a whole jihad theme," said Adnan Mirza, director of
> > the Columbus office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

I heard that report on NPR during the morning commute. It's incredible
that anyone with a sense of self preservation would proceed with such
an ad campaign.

Otoh, I just mentioned psycho in this post, so...

(stands perfectly still)

Dammit.

> They better watch it, or the religion of peace will go out and behead, cut
> off limbs and car bomb downtown Columbus to show that they are a
> misunderstood religion of tolerance and peace or they will kill you

And that's no joke. I remember towns being burned, people being killed,
and CHEESE (cheese?) being burned in protest over some cartoons.
Incredible.

Of course, even more recently, the pope read a quote that was anti
extremist and a nun was killed in response.

"WHAT WAS THAT? WE'RE VIOLENT? WHERE'S THE NEAREST NUN???!!!"

Like I said, incredible.

--
Curt