PDA

View Full Version : OFF topic: Joke unrelated to fitness or weights, but, yes, what I'd call mildly misc

Curt James
September 26th 06, 11:20 PM
Warning! Warning! Warning!

This is an OFF topic post. That is to say it is a post which is
unrelated to fitness and/or weights. STOP READING IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
IN A POST SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO FITNESS AND WEIGHTS!

Warning! Warning! Warning!

Tia.

Now to the joke:

(Okay, actually, it's a bumper sticker seen on the back of a pickup
truck during the commute home tonight.)

"Love is grand.
Divorce is 100 grand."

ahahHAHAHAH!

Ahem.

Well, I saw some humor in there. Perhaps if rewritten utilizing the
word kettlebell at some point in the sticker's text...

--
Curt

David
September 26th 06, 11:53 PM
"Curt James" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Warning! Warning! Warning!
>
> This is an OFF topic post. That is to say it is a post which is
> unrelated to fitness and/or weights. STOP READING IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
> IN A POST SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO FITNESS AND WEIGHTS!

\

but is it related at all to MISC?

> Warning! Warning! Warning!
>
> Tia.
>
> Now to the joke:
>
> (Okay, actually, it's a bumper sticker seen on the back of a pickup
> truck during the commute home tonight.)
>
> "Love is grand.
> Divorce is 100 grand."
>
> ahahHAHAHAH!

> Ahem.
>
> Well, I saw some humor in there. Perhaps if rewritten utilizing the
> word kettlebell at some point in the sticker's text...

that's pretty funny -

Curt James
September 27th 06, 04:46 AM
David wrote:
(snipped here and there)
> "Curt James" wrote
> > Warning! Warning! Warning!
> >
> > This is an OFF topic post. That is to say it is a post which is
> > unrelated to fitness and/or weights. STOP READING IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
> > IN A POST SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO FITNESS AND WEIGHTS!
>
> but is it related at all to MISC?

See? By my interpretation (and with the misc designation in mind)
NOTHING is off topic in MFW.

> > Now to the joke:
> >
> > "Love is grand.
> > Divorce is 100 grand."
>
> that's pretty funny

And so true for so many. :oS

--
Curt

Charles
September 27th 06, 08:55 AM
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 03:15:55 -0400, Shute > wrote:

>On 26 Sep 2006 15:20:47 -0700, "Curt James" >
>wrote:
>
>>Warning! Warning! Warning!
>>
>>This is an OFF topic post. That is to say it is a post which is
>>unrelated to fitness and/or weights. STOP READING IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
>>IN A POST SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO FITNESS AND WEIGHTS!
>>
>>Warning! Warning! Warning!
>
>The way the threads have been going lately we may need to make OT mean
>"ON Topic".

My learned friend the Oz has already proposed that controversial
switch!

David
September 27th 06, 02:29 PM
"Charles" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 03:15:55 -0400, Shute > wrote:
>
>>On 26 Sep 2006 15:20:47 -0700, "Curt James" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Warning! Warning! Warning!
>>>
>>>This is an OFF topic post. That is to say it is a post which is
>>>unrelated to fitness and/or weights. STOP READING IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
>>>IN A POST SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO FITNESS AND WEIGHTS!
>>>
>>>Warning! Warning! Warning!
>>
>>The way the threads have been going lately we may need to make OT mean
>>"ON Topic".
>
> My learned friend the Oz has already proposed that controversial
> switch!

And I have recently learned that there are very few learned ones left here.
(Besides you and me that is)

Charles
September 27th 06, 03:48 PM
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:29:30 +1000, "David" >
wrote:

>"Charles" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 03:15:55 -0400, Shute > wrote:

>>>The way the threads have been going lately we may need to make OT mean
>>>"ON Topic".
>>
>> My learned friend the Oz has already proposed that controversial
>> switch!
>
>And I have recently learned that there are very few learned ones left here.
>(Besides you and me that is)

I've only just learned that I am a learned one and learning it from
such a learned one as yourself was something well worth learning and a
good lesson learned.

We should be grateful to those that what learned us.

David
September 27th 06, 04:01 PM
"Charles" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:29:30 +1000, "David" >
> wrote:

>>> My learned friend the Oz has already proposed that controversial
>>> switch!
>>
>>And I have recently learned that there are very few learned ones left
>>here.
>>(Besides you and me that is)
>>

> I've only just learned that I am a learned one and learning it from
> such a learned one as yourself was something well worth learning and a
> good lesson learned.
>
> We should be grateful to those that what learned us.

Having recently learned of your learnedness, (could I please learn from some
learned one here just how to complete this sentence)

Curt James
September 28th 06, 01:22 AM
David wrote:
> "Charles" wrote
> > Shute wrote:

[...]
> >>The way the threads have been going lately we may
> >>need to make OT mean "ON Topic".

heh

> > My learned friend the Oz has already proposed that
> > controversial switch!

I noticed that!

> And I have recently learned that there are very few learned
> ones left here. (Besides you and me that is)

!? :oS

I am chagrined. ;o)

--
Curt

Lubbert Das
October 1st 06, 12:34 AM
"Shute" > wrote in message
> On 26 Sep 2006 15:20:47 -0700, "Curt James"
>
> The way the threads have been going lately we may need to make OT mean
> "ON Topic".

Welcome to any newsgroup with Curt James in it. Captain Google the queen
of total irrelevancy.

Curt James
October 1st 06, 04:53 AM
Lubbert Das wrote:
[...]

> Welcome to any newsgroup with Curt James in it.

But is Lubbert Das... your real name? heh

> Captain Google

Captain who? (Googles)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/RAB/captgoogle.jpg

What a handsome fellow.