PDA

View Full Version : Circuit training?

KR
September 27th 06, 09:48 PM
I'm starting to think this will be a much better use of my hour at the
gym every second day. Can anybody recommend a good routine to follow?
My main goal right now is to lose weight, but I do lift fairly heavy
weights 3 times a week.

KR

Bill Eitner
September 28th 06, 01:38 AM
KR wrote:
> I'm starting to think this will be a much better use of my hour at the
> gym every second day. Can anybody recommend a good routine to follow?
> My main goal right now is to lose weight, but I do lift fairly heavy
> weights 3 times a week.

Any routine will work in circuit fashion.
Break it down to where you're alternating
between major body parts set for set.
--

Kettlebell Inc
September 28th 06, 04:57 AM
KR wrote:
> I'm starting to think this will be a much better use of my hour at the
> gym every second day. Can anybody recommend a good routine to follow?
> My main goal right now is to lose weight, but I do lift fairly heavy
> weights 3 times a week.
>
> KR

KR,

Circuit training is excellent for weight loss. What is also nice about
it is that you won't need an hour at the gym. 30 minutes of circuit
training should be enough. Big body, multi-joint movements. Here is
one example:

Dumbell clean and press
Dumbell front squat
Dumbell bent over row
2 minute break
Repeat for 5 rounds

This should take 30-35 minutes.
You could go heavy with low reps for strength and some weight loss, or
go medium weight for higher reps for more weight loss, less strength.

Another one using bodyweight:
Pushups, narrow, wide, or medium
Hindu squats
Pullups

Something along those lines. Pick 3 to 4 exercises to include at least
1 push, 1 pull, 1 legs. Incorporating all your muscle groups with
compound/multi-joint movements will really get your heart rate going.

Good luck!
John
http://www.kettlebellinc.com/registrations/contestpage.php

Steve Freides
September 28th 06, 05:05 AM
"KR" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm starting to think this will be a much better use of my hour at the
> gym every second day. Can anybody recommend a good routine to follow?
> My main goal right now is to lose weight, but I do lift fairly heavy
> weights 3 times a week.

Personally, I like Bryce Lane's 50/20 approach better than circuits.
You can read his article here:

http://home.comcast.net/~joandbryce/it_all.htm

and he also hosts a discussion board if you want to follow up.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com