PDA

View Full Version : Vegan babies

misanthropic_curmudgeon
September 28th 06, 05:05 AM
So I am dropping my spawn off at the creche, and I notice the board
which has all the routines and the like pinned to it. There is the
usual "no eggs" and "allergic to nuts and cheese" and the like, and
then I see it.

A sign that says "XXXXX is vegan. No meat, eggs, cheese or any animal
products"

How the hell can a baby be a vegan?

Muttemutterchildabuseifyouaskmemuttermutter

fish.
September 28th 06, 05:45 AM
In article . com>,
says...
> So I am dropping my spawn off at the creche, and I notice the board
> which has all the routines and the like pinned to it. There is the
> usual "no eggs" and "allergic to nuts and cheese" and the like, and
> then I see it.
>
> A sign that says "XXXXX is vegan. No meat, eggs, cheese or any animal
> products"
>
> How the hell can a baby be a vegan?
>
> Muttemutterchildabuseifyouaskmemuttermutter

Until it calls it's parents "stupid overbearing ****ers", sadly it is a
vegan, and probably an Xtian.

--
"What's that got to do with my KNOB?"

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

David Cohen
September 28th 06, 01:54 PM
misanthropic_curmudgeon wrote:
> So I am dropping my spawn off at the creche, and I notice the board
> which has all the routines and the like pinned to it. There is the
> usual "no eggs" and "allergic to nuts and cheese" and the like, and
> then I see it.
>
> A sign that says "XXXXX is vegan. No meat, eggs, cheese or any animal
> products"
>
> How the hell can a baby be a vegan?

Soy based formula.

What do you expect from parents that would name their kid "XXXXX"?

David

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 28th 06, 05:06 PM
In article . com>,
"misanthropic_curmudgeon"
> wrote:

> So I am dropping my spawn off at the creche, and I notice the board
> which has all the routines and the like pinned to it. There is the
> usual "no eggs" and "allergic to nuts and cheese" and the like, and
> then I see it.
>
> A sign that says "XXXXX is vegan. No meat, eggs, cheese or any animal
> products"
>
> How the hell can a baby be a vegan?
>
> Muttemutterchildabuseifyouaskmemuttermutter

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/child_abuse.html

There has been more than one court case I believe......
B-vitamins are essential to life, and the best source is MEAT!

More sites:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/01/20/national/main668225.shtml

?Enemas for all???? Give me a break! With a high fiber veggie diet,
those should not be necessary!

http://www.reason.com/hitandrun/2005/03/vegetarianism_i.shtml

"Children in the meat-supplemented group showed up to an 80% greater
increase in upper-arm muscle compared with the non-supplemented
children; for milk drinkers, this figure was 40%.

Kids who were fed meat also outperformed their peers in tests of
intelligence, problem solving and arithmetic. "The group that received
the meat supplements were more active in the playground, more talkative
and playful, and showed more leadership skills," Allen said."

Oddly enough tho', a google search using "Veganism and child abuse"
turns up as many pro sites as con sites. Typical of the internet.

Personally, I think it's idiotic......

and child abuse. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Bully
September 28th 06, 06:03 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

[...]

Anyone remember the Vietnamese Babies; Coventry, 1976?

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Beach Runner
September 28th 06, 07:18 PM
David Cohen wrote:
> misanthropic_curmudgeon wrote:
> > So I am dropping my spawn off at the creche, and I notice the board
> > which has all the routines and the like pinned to it. There is the
> > usual "no eggs" and "allergic to nuts and cheese" and the like, and
> > then I see it.
> >
> > A sign that says "XXXXX is vegan. No meat, eggs, cheese or any animal
> > products"
> >
> > How the hell can a baby be a vegan?
>
> Soy based formula.
>
> What do you expect from parents that would name their kid "XXXXX"?
>
> David

By far, the best food for babies is mother's milk.

As far as how the hell can a baby be vegan, my step son was a vegan,
was by far the best soccer player in several towns we lived in, and
incredible pitcher and power hitter. He played State Cup Soccer,
American Legion Baseball, and made the regionals in wrestling, and it
was based on strength. He was no lightweight, he was built like a
tank.

He represented the state of Florida at 12 in the National Junior
Olympics on table tennis, but was by far a better tennis player.

His athletic carreer was hurt in two places, a sting ray barb in his
knee, and then thrown from a car in his early 20s. Many certainly can
do it.

Bully
September 28th 06, 07:28 PM
Beach Runner wrote:
> David Cohen wrote:
>> misanthropic_curmudgeon wrote:
>>> So I am dropping my spawn off at the creche, and I notice the board
>>> which has all the routines and the like pinned to it. There is the
>>> usual "no eggs" and "allergic to nuts and cheese" and the like, and
>>> then I see it.
>>>
>>> A sign that says "XXXXX is vegan. No meat, eggs, cheese or any
>>> animal products"
>>>
>>> How the hell can a baby be a vegan?
>>
>> Soy based formula.
>>
>> What do you expect from parents that would name their kid "XXXXX"?
>>
>> David
>
> By far, the best food for babies is mother's milk.
>
> As far as how the hell can a baby be vegan, my step son was a vegan,
> was by far the best soccer player in several towns we lived in, and
> incredible pitcher and power hitter. He played State Cup Soccer,
> American Legion Baseball, and made the regionals in wrestling, and it
> was based on strength. He was no lightweight, he was built like a
> tank.
>
> He represented the state of Florida at 12 in the National Junior
> Olympics on table tennis, but was by far a better tennis player.
>
> His athletic carreer was hurt in two places,

He was a jack of all trades but a master of none?

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Will Brink
September 28th 06, 08:01 PM
In article . com>,
"misanthropic_curmudgeon" >
wrote:

> So I am dropping my spawn off at the creche, and I notice the board
> which has all the routines and the like pinned to it. There is the
> usual "no eggs" and "allergic to nuts and cheese" and the like, and
> then I see it.
>
> A sign that says "XXXXX is vegan. No meat, eggs, cheese or any animal
> products"
>
> How the hell can a baby be a vegan?

They can't. It should be considered child abuse.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 28th 06, 10:49 PM
In article >,
(Will Brink) wrote:

> In article . com>,
> "misanthropic_curmudgeon" >
> wrote:
>
> > So I am dropping my spawn off at the creche, and I notice the board
> > which has all the routines and the like pinned to it. There is the
> > usual "no eggs" and "allergic to nuts and cheese" and the like, and
> > then I see it.
> >
> > A sign that says "XXXXX is vegan. No meat, eggs, cheese or any animal
> > products"
> >
> > How the hell can a baby be a vegan?
>
> They can't. It should be considered child abuse.

It generally is...

Even fortified baby formulas are not going to be totally vegetarian
source IMHO.

There are times when animal products are just more "efficient" for
certain necessary nutrients, especially B12.

From this website:

http://www.medic8.com/healthguide/articles/vitamins.html

"Vitamin B12 (cobalamin)

Vitamin B12 is necessary for the formation of red blood cells, a healthy
nervous system, and is essential for growth.

This vitamin is stored efficiently by the body so a deficiency can take
years to develop. Since it is found primarily in animal products,
vegetarians are at risk from deficiency unless they take supplements. In
its most extreme form, deficiency can lead to megaloblastic anaemia and
irreversible degeneration of the spinal cord."

What is amusing is that, even if it's supplemented, what source did the
supplements come from?

I'm not so sure that a deficiency can take years to develop if you were
never fed it in the first place, and infants have a considerably faster
metabolic rate than adults?
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
September 28th 06, 11:38 PM
In article >,
DZ > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
> > Vitamin B12 ...
> >
> > What is amusing is that, even if it's supplemented, what source did the
> > supplements come from?
>
> Bacterial fermentation, genius! :-)

Whatever works... ;-)

Brewers yeast?
Yeast at least is "vegetarian".
IMHO Bacteria is eating animal.

<lol>

Sorry, I just don't believe in vegetarianism for babies and children.
I'm not convinced that parents are going to go to that much effort to
really educate themselves, even tho' they should!

And so many kids are picky eaters...

I've seen SO much anemia in kids at work doing blood counts! It's awful.
I have a close friend that allows her two young kids to eat all the meat
they want. They will eat meat in preference to veggies and she never
forces them to eat foods they don't want.

She was told by the pediatrician that her kids had some of the highest
RBC counts they'd seen in awhile.......