PDA

View Full Version : Why am I so skinny and weird?

SteveH
September 29th 06, 04:43 PM
Confusion abounds my friends

For years i have been told i am either too skinny, way too thin and
generally more fat has been seen on a chip.

Although i NEVER felt THAT thin i never questioned the fact that i
was....well..... slim.

You lot seem to be saying that i am none of these and if any thing the
opposite.

Mindset is beginning to become unraveled......... and i am heading for
an
identity crisis.

So jokes anh humourous comments aside - your expert opinions please

SteveH

SteveH
September 29th 06, 04:52 PM
SteveH > wrote:

> Confusion abounds my friends

It certainly does.

> For years i have been told i am either too skinny, way too thin and
> generally more fat has been seen on a chip.

My BMI is in the mid to high 20s, not exactly thin, am I?

Obviously, Ken / Chris / whoever you want to call yourself today, we
couldn't actually expect you to get your facts right before posting
****e.

In summary

**** OFF, ****.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL

DanTXD
September 29th 06, 05:05 PM
"SteveH" > wrote in message
> SteveH > wrote:
>
>> Confusion abounds my friends
>
> It certainly does.
>
>> For years i have been told i am either too skinny, way too thin and
>> generally more fat has been seen on a chip.
>
> My BMI is in the mid to high 20s, not exactly thin, am I?

Mine is 24.7 apparently, and 24.9 is the top of of normal. I'm 0.2 of
officially been a fat **** :D Still, 18 months ago I weighed 20kg more than
I do now...

Bikini Whacks
September 29th 06, 05:38 PM
In article >, says...
> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> > SteveH > wrote:
> >
> >> Confusion abounds my friends
> >
> > It certainly does.
> >
> >> For years i have been told i am either too skinny, way too thin and
> >> generally more fat has been seen on a chip.
> >
> > My BMI is in the mid to high 20s, not exactly thin, am I?
> >

> Mine is 24.7 apparently, and 24.9 is the top of of normal. I'm 0.2 of
> officially been a fat **** :D Still, 18 months ago I weighed 20kg more than
> I do now...

Jeez, nobody actually checks that stuff do they?

September 29th 06, 06:53 PM
SteveH wrote:
> Confusion abounds my friends
>
> For years i have been told i am either too skinny, way too thin and
> generally more fat has been seen on a chip.
>

> Although i NEVER felt THAT thin i never questioned the fact that i
> was....well..... slim.
>

> You lot seem to be saying that i am none of these and if any thing the
> opposite.
>

> Mindset is beginning to become unraveled......... and i am heading for
> an
> identity crisis.
>

> So jokes anh humourous comments aside - your expert opinions please
>
> SteveH

SteveH, If you fall within the weight range for good "medical health"
for you height, don't worry about it. As Americans have gotten fatter,
they tend to look on thinner people as skinny or even unhealthy,
meaning most of Asia looks underweight to them. Ha. I have the same
problem. I am near the bottom of my healthy medical weight
range....5'8" and 132 pounds. Occasionally, somone asks if I've been
sick, meaning I look too thin to them. It works both ways. I commented
on another thread that Dr. Phil looked fat in a movie I saw him in
recently, yet he gives diet advice. Someone let me know that he is not
the least bit fat......well, I say he is fat. Beauty and
overweight/underweight is in the eye of the beholder. dkw

SteveH
September 29th 06, 06:58 PM
> wrote:

> SteveH, If you fall within the weight range for good "medical health"
> for you height, don't worry about it.

Please note that the original post came from 'Ken' / 'Andrewp' / Chris
Stevens, aka. the dogger from Hampshire.

He's generally making a PITA of himself in many newsgroups, which
includes a very lame attempt at 'spoofing' other people's posting IDs.

FWIW, I'm more than slightly on the 'stocky' side, being too thin is the
least of my worries ;-)
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL

R D S
September 29th 06, 07:05 PM
"Bikini Whacks" > wrote in message
t...
> In article >, says...

>> > It certainly does.

>> > My BMI is in the mid to high 20s, not exactly thin, am I?
>> >

>> Mine is 24.7 apparently, and 24.9 is the top of of normal. I'm 0.2 of
>> officially been a fat **** :D Still, 18 months ago I weighed 20kg more
>> than
>> I do now...
>>

> Jeez, nobody actually checks that stuff do they?

I have a BMI measuring thingy and a breath alcohol meter, don't ask me to
post the numbers in a couple of hours.

SteveH
September 29th 06, 07:07 PM
R D S > wrote:

> >> Mine is 24.7 apparently, and 24.9 is the top of of normal. I'm 0.2 of
> >> officially been a fat **** :D Still, 18 months ago I weighed 20kg more
> >> than
> >> I do now...
> >>

> > Jeez, nobody actually checks that stuff do they?
>
> I have a BMI measuring thingy and a breath alcohol meter, don't ask me to
> post the numbers in a couple of hours.

Heh.

I've cut out the beer the last couple of weeks, so I expect my BMI to
return to normal levels in a month or two.

Although, it's the weekend, so I may have one or two beers tonight.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL

Elder
September 29th 06, 07:59 PM
In article >, says...
>"SteveH" > wrote in message
>> SteveH > wrote:
>>
>>> Confusion abounds my friends
>>
>> It certainly does.
>>
>>> For years i have been told i am either too skinny, way too thin and
>>> generally more fat has been seen on a chip.
>>
>> My BMI is in the mid to high 20s, not exactly thin, am I?
>>

>Mine is 24.7 apparently, and 24.9 is the top of of normal. I'm 0.2 of
>officially been a fat **** :D Still, 18 months ago I weighed 20kg more than
>I do now...

I had one of the Diabetes blood/blood pressure/BMI tests done early this
year.

I'm not Diabetic, I have slightly borderline elevated blood pressure,
but technically I obese. All I have is a bit of a gut. And when tested I
was 17st at 6'2"

I'm not 16st 2lb and still have the same gut. I can see my face is
thinner and things like that. But I still look like a blimp. Just a
skinny faced blimp.
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest

Elder
September 29th 06, 08:05 PM
In article >,
says...
>FWIW, I'm more than slightly on the 'stocky' side, being too thin is the
>least of my worries ;-)

There was a phone in on the radio about this medical/government
obsession with obescity+the rise in eating disorders.
One caller talked about her 16 year old who is a body builder. Not a
gramme of visible excess fat on the lad, 5' 8" and about 16st the Doctor
told him to lose 2stone because his DMI said he was obese and there is
no arguing with BMI (not taking into account muscle mass using the basic
heigh-weight calculation method). How about that for ********. Tell a
super lean person to lose weight. That has got to be a fantastic way to
incourage unhealthy eating.
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
Homepage: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

Stephen Leak
September 29th 06, 08:10 PM
Elder wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
> >FWIW, I'm more than slightly on the 'stocky' side, being too thin is the
> >least of my worries ;-)
> >
> There was a phone in on the radio about this medical/government
> obsession with obescity+the rise in eating disorders.
> One caller talked about her 16 year old who is a body builder. Not a
> gramme of visible excess fat on the lad, 5' 8" and about 16st the Doctor
> told him to lose 2stone because his DMI said he was obese and there is
> no arguing with BMI (not taking into account muscle mass using the basic
> heigh-weight calculation method). How about that for ********. Tell a
> super lean person to lose weight. That has got to be a fantastic way to
> incourage unhealthy eating.
> --
> Carl Robson
> Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
> Homepage: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

Muscle weighs more than flab: that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Knight Of The Road
September 29th 06, 10:39 PM
"SteveH" > wrote

- your expert opinions please

Why do people do this? I mean, I don't exactly see eye-to-eye with SteveH,
and I would always look for a weak point to attack, but by the same token an
imposter is easy to spot if he is as unconvincing, amateur and gauche as
this.

Here's a clue for you, Mr SteveH impersonator.

SteveH does not crosspost to several dozen groups simply to point out his
shortcomings.

Jeez, if only you had taken the time to cut 'n copy his rather convaluted
signature, you might have got *one or two* bites.

--
Regards, Vince.

www.TruckDrivingInRussia.co.uk

Will Brink
September 29th 06, 11:04 PM
In article om>,
"SteveH" > wrote:

> Confusion abounds my friends
>
> For years i have been told i am either too skinny, way too thin and
> generally more fat has been seen on a chip.
>

> Although i NEVER felt THAT thin i never questioned the fact that i
> was....well..... slim.
>

> You lot seem to be saying that i am none of these and if any thing the
> opposite.

We have?

> Mindset is beginning to become unraveled......... and i am heading for
> an
> identity crisis.
>

> So jokes anh humourous comments aside - your expert opinions please

Hight and weight?

SteveH
September 29th 06, 11:07 PM
Will Brink > wrote:

> > You lot seem to be saying that i am none of these and if any thing the
> > opposite.
>
> We have?

Move along, nothing to see hear. It's only Chris 'dogger' Stevens.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL

Curt James
September 30th 06, 12:24 AM
Will Brink wrote:
[...]

> Hight

heh

Why am I not surprised that YOU, at 5' 6 3/4", would misspell height?
<snerk>

> and weight?

And do you have manboobs?

--
Curt

Fraser Johnston
September 30th 06, 05:30 AM
"SteveH" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Confusion abounds my friends
>
> For years i have been told i am either too skinny, way too thin and
> generally more fat has been seen on a chip.
>

> Although i NEVER felt THAT thin i never questioned the fact that i
> was....well..... slim.
>

> You lot seem to be saying that i am none of these and if any thing the
> opposite.
>

> Mindset is beginning to become unraveled......... and i am heading for
> an
> identity crisis.
>

> So jokes anh humourous comments aside - your expert opinions please

Try lifting weights and eating healthy. Works for me.

Fraser

Tunku
September 30th 06, 07:26 AM
"Fraser Johnston" > wrote in news:4o6a96FcrbttU1
@individual.net:

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Confusion abounds my friends
>>
>> For years i have been told i am either too skinny, way too thin and
>> generally more fat has been seen on a chip.
>>

>> Although i NEVER felt THAT thin i never questioned the fact that i
>> was....well..... slim.
>>

>> You lot seem to be saying that i am none of these and if any thing
the
>> opposite.
>>

>> Mindset is beginning to become unraveled......... and i am heading
for
>> an
>> identity crisis.
>>

>> So jokes anh humourous comments aside - your expert opinions please
>
> Try lifting weights and eating healthy. Works for me.
>
> Fraser

Cycling is good for burning calories. Just *Dont go all lycraisti. :-)

--
Tunku

"end user" v. A command regrettably not implemented in most systems.

Robert Schuh
September 30th 06, 07:44 AM
SteveH wrote:

> Confusion abounds my friends
>
> For years i have been told i am either too skinny, way too thin and
> generally more fat has been seen on a chip.
>
> Although i NEVER felt THAT thin i never questioned the fact that i
> was....well..... slim.
>
> You lot seem to be saying that i am none of these and if any thing the
> opposite.
>
> Mindset is beginning to become unraveled......... and i am heading for
> an
> identity crisis.
>
> So jokes anh humourous comments aside - your expert opinions please
>
> SteveH

How tall are you, what do you weigh and how big is your waist? That will
give us a better idea as to where you are.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

SteveH
September 30th 06, 07:50 AM
Robert Schuh > wrote:

> How tall are you, what do you weigh and how big is your waist? That will
> give us a better idea as to where you are.

****ing hell, when are you lot going to learn how to recognise a troll
'spoofing' other people on usenet?

The original post came from 'Ken' aka Chris Stevens, a well-known usenet
troll / ****wit / dogger.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL

Peter Hill
September 30th 06, 09:56 AM
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:05:43 +0100, "DanTXD" > wrote:

>"SteveH" > wrote in message
>> SteveH > wrote:
>>
>>> Confusion abounds my friends
>>
>> It certainly does.
>>
>>> For years i have been told i am either too skinny, way too thin and
>>> generally more fat has been seen on a chip.
>>
>> My BMI is in the mid to high 20s, not exactly thin, am I?
>>

>Mine is 24.7 apparently, and 24.9 is the top of of normal. I'm 0.2 of
>officially been a fat **** :D Still, 18 months ago I weighed 20kg more than
>I do now...

26.8 Oink! It's was 28.5 middle of last year. Only 1/2 stone to
lose.
--
Peter Hill
Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header

Conor
September 30th 06, 10:31 AM
In article >, Peter Hill
says...
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:05:43 +0100, "DanTXD" > wrote:

> >> It certainly does.

> >> My BMI is in the mid to high 20s, not exactly thin, am I?
> >>

> >Mine is 24.7 apparently, and 24.9 is the top of of normal. I'm 0.2 of
> >officially been a fat **** :D Still, 18 months ago I weighed 20kg more than
> >I do now...
> >
> 26.8 Oink! It's was 28.5 middle of last year. Only 1/2 stone to
> lose.

Hmm. Mine is 40.51 as I'm just over 20 stone so apparently very obese.
But it's not as simple as that. I spend a great deal of time humping 1-
1.3 tonne pallets about, up to a couple of hours a day, so I have a lot
of muscle which skews the figures somewhat. I don't look as fat as
people who sit around all day but are 3-4 stone lighter...I don't have
man boobs for a start. I can also outlast my kids, who spend all day
playing footie and out on their bikes with their mates, on walks in the
local hilly nature reserve - not bad for a man supposedly carrying an
extra 7 stone. Fat'n'fit.

--
Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, 2.50 just for signing up:
http://www.TopCashBack.co.uk/Conor/ref/index.htm

shazzbat
September 30th 06, 10:47 AM
"Fraser Johnston" > wrote in message

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Confusion abounds my friends
>>
>> For years i have been told i am either too skinny, way too thin and
>> generally more fat has been seen on a chip.
>>

>> Although i NEVER felt THAT thin i never questioned the fact that i
>> was....well..... slim.
>>

>> You lot seem to be saying that i am none of these and if any thing the
>> opposite.
>>

>> Mindset is beginning to become unraveled......... and i am heading for
>> an
>> identity crisis.
>>

>> So jokes anh humourous comments aside - your expert opinions please

I'm male, 56, 5'10" 11st 4lbs, my blood pressure according to the new toy at
my GPs surgery is 135/90 at pulse 85. I quit smoking 5 years ago and I have
no idea what BMI is or does.

Will I live?

Steve

DanTXD
September 30th 06, 11:32 AM
"Bikini Whacks" > wrote in message
t...
> In article >, says...

>> > It certainly does.

>> > My BMI is in the mid to high 20s, not exactly thin, am I?
>> >

>> Mine is 24.7 apparently, and 24.9 is the top of of normal. I'm 0.2 of
>> officially been a fat **** :D Still, 18 months ago I weighed 20kg more
>> than
>> I do now...
>>

> Jeez, nobody actually checks that stuff do they?

Dunno, I just googled as a matter of interest :-)

--
Dan - on his PC

PC Paul
September 30th 06, 02:06 PM
shazzbat wrote:

> I'm male, 56, 5'10" 11st 4lbs, my blood pressure according to the new
> toy at my GPs surgery is 135/90 at pulse 85. I quit smoking 5 years
> ago and I have no idea what BMI is or does.
>
> Will I live?

No.

Nobody will, it's pretty well proven by now...

AstraVanMan
September 30th 06, 02:53 PM
"shazzbat" > wrote:
> I'm male, 56, 5'10" 11st 4lbs, my blood pressure according to the new toy
> at my GPs surgery is 135/90 at pulse 85. I quit smoking 5 years ago and I
> have no idea what BMI is or does.
>
> Will I live?

Maybe, maybe not. In the last couple of years two friends of mine have lost
their fathers to sudden and unexpected heart failures. Both were active and
regularly excercised (one regularly jogged around the block, and another was
a keen cyclist as well as runner), neither smoked, neither drunk heavily,
and both had a pretty healthy diet.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it's all just pot luck.

--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Curt James
September 30th 06, 03:16 PM
Robert Schuh wrote:
[...]

> How tall are you, what do you weigh and
> how big is your waist? That will give us a
> better idea as to where you are.

Imo, those numbers won't really give you much of "a better idea as to
where" the OP is physique-wise and certainly offers no gauge to the
weirdness aspect.

Again, physique-wise, those numbers offer no true benefit due to the
great variance even on the professional level of bodybuilding. See a
Brian Buchanan versus a Tom Platz or Branch Warren. The first example
is someone with a wasp waist that would make even your "Mr. Phoenix
best condition" appear large in the gut by comparison. Platz and
Warren, while packing an equal amount of muscle, both possess a
broad-hipped and significantly larger answer to the "how big is your
waist?" question. Apples and oranges. Or, as is usually the case,
Benjamin Disraeli's words apply, "There are three kinds of lies: lies,
damned lies and
statistics."

And, yeah, the OP wasn't/isn't who the OP identified himself, afaik.
That should matter - especially in your case, 'bert, as you've
consistently bawled for that information. I would assume you'd want the
real name to, duh, actually be /the poster's/ real name.

Anywho, the numbers Schuh requested would basically be good old trivia,
while a picture would speak volumes. Then again I recall the - what
were they called? - thirty-second before and after pics?

--
Curt

Curt James
September 30th 06, 03:19 PM
SteveH wrote:
> Robert Schuh > wrote:
>
> > How tall are you, what do you weigh and how big is your waist? That will
> > give us a better idea as to where you are.
>
> ****ing hell, when are you lot going to learn how to recognise a troll
> 'spoofing' other people on usenet?
>
> The original post came from 'Ken' aka Chris Stevens, a well-known usenet
> troll / ****wit / dogger.

What's even MORE amusing (okay, not really) is that Robert Schuh
consistently cries about or venomously attacks anyone he believes is
not using their... real name. Amazing (okay, not really) that he would
MISS the fact that the OP wasn't who he pretended to be. That "real"
name apparently gave Mr. Schuh the slip! D'OH! Way to go 'bert. Way to
go.

--
Curt

Kris
September 30th 06, 04:26 PM
Carl Robson wrote
> There was a phone in on the radio about this medical/government
> obsession with obescity+the rise in eating disorders.
> One caller talked about her 16 year old who is a body builder. Not a
> gramme of visible excess fat on the lad, 5' 8" and about 16st the Doctor
> told him to lose 2stone because his DMI said he was obese and there is
> no arguing with BMI (not taking into account muscle mass using the basic
> heigh-weight calculation method). How about that for ********. Tell a
> super lean person to lose weight. That has got to be a fantastic way to
> incourage unhealthy eating.

Indeed! The BMI is a pile of steaming sh*t. They need to take bodyfat
percentage measurements instead.

Robert Schuh
September 30th 06, 09:34 PM
SteveH wrote:

> Robert Schuh > wrote:
>
> > How tall are you, what do you weigh and how big is your waist? That will
> > give us a better idea as to where you are.
>
> ****ing hell, when are you lot going to learn how to recognise a troll
> 'spoofing' other people on usenet?
>
> The original post came from 'Ken' aka Chris Stevens, a well-known usenet
> troll / ****wit / dogger.

**** you asshole. This guy is NOT a troll in MFW, so how the **** am I
supposed to know that he is a troll if he posts in those other newsgroups? You
are the one who needs to ****ing get a clue. Why you ****ing assholes post
your childish bull**** in MFW is beyond me.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

SteveH
September 30th 06, 09:35 PM
Robert Schuh > wrote:

> > The original post came from 'Ken' aka Chris Stevens, a well-known usenet
> > troll / ****wit / dogger.
>
> **** you asshole. This guy is NOT a troll in MFW, so how the **** am I
> supposed to know that he is a troll if he posts in those other newsgroups? You
> are the one who needs to ****ing get a clue. Why you ****ing assholes post
> your childish bull**** in MFW is beyond me.

Perhaps because the person you claim 'isn't a troll', actually is a
troll - if you look at his original post, you'll see that he set up the
cross post himself.

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL

Tunku
September 30th 06, 09:39 PM
Robert Schuh > wrote in
:

Schoo, you are a prawn and I claim my Five Pounds. (Sterling)

--
Tunku

"end user" v. A command regrettably not implemented in most systems.

Lordy.UK
September 30th 06, 11:56 PM
> > The original post came from 'Ken' aka Chris Stevens, a well-known usenet
> > troll / ****wit / dogger.
>
> **** you asshole. This guy is NOT a troll in MFW, so how the **** am I
> supposed to know that he is a troll

It would have been pretty obvious to any experienced UseNet'r who read
it, regardless of circumstance.

> Why you ****ing assholes post your childish bull**** in MFW is beyond me.

It was a troll seeking attention.
Which part do you not understand exactly ?

--
Lordy.UK

Ken
October 1st 06, 09:39 AM
Learn to read headers you retarded ****wit.............but I guess thats a
bit beyond someone who would seriously think of buying an
Alfa.................

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> > wrote:
>
>> SteveH, If you fall within the weight range for good "medical health"
>> for you height, don't worry about it.
>
> Please note that the original post came from 'Ken' / 'Andrewp' / Chris
> Stevens, aka. the dogger from Hampshire.
>
> He's generally making a PITA of himself in many newsgroups, which
> includes a very lame attempt at 'spoofing' other people's posting IDs.
>
> FWIW, I'm more than slightly on the 'stocky' side, being too thin is the
> least of my worries ;-)
> --
> Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'
> www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200 - Alfa 75 TSpark
> Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL
> BoTAFOT #87 - BoTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #

Elder
October 1st 06, 12:45 PM
In article >,
says...