the Orleans Arena, Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
From: http://www.mrolympia.com/mrolympia.htm

I'll make the easy call of Ronnie Coleman winning the O for a record 9
consecutive wins. Jay Cutler is this generation's Rich Gaspari - an
absolutely incredible physique competitor simply, and unfortunately,
born in the same decade as another champion's era of complete and utter
dominance.

And I'd like to place an advance and conditional Curse of Destruction
for any judge who attempts to award Phil Heath the Mr. O title this
year. No.

Looking forward to seeing how Markus Ruhl places. He'll be guest posing
nearby in just a few weeks - the October 28, 2006 NPC Mountain Valley
Championship in Reading, Pennsylvania, USA.

Priest is on the list of O competitors but received a suspension letter
for taking part (and winning) Wayne DeMilia's first PDI event
continuing his Night of Champions contests.

http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/bodybuilding-forum/pdi-night-champions-new-134245648.html

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=70655

The Ms. Olympia is taking place right now, Friday, September 29, and
started at 7 PM at the Orleans Arena. And Tazzi Colomb is on the list
of competitors! For an older Taz pic see:
http://www.getbig.com/pics/arnold/2001/women/colomb.htm (Betty Pariso
is also in that pic and, she too, is on the list of competitors) and
for more info on the Ms. O see: http://www.mrolympia.com/msolympia.htm

I'll put my money on a battle between Iris Kyle and Yaxeni Oriquen with
Yaxeni being crowned Ms. O... in the end!
<http://www.frsa.com/pixfemuscle/oriquen1.jpg>. ;o)

Seriously, that jpeg notes a tenth place finish for Yaxeni. She has
come a loooong way since then.

--
Curt

Curt James
September 30th 06, 05:32 PM
Curt James wrote:
[...]

> The Ms. Olympia is taking place right now, Friday,
> September 29, and started at 7 PM at the Orleans
> Arena.
[...]

Place, competitor, country represented, points

1 Iris Kyle USA 38
2 Dayana Cadeau Canada 40
3 Annie Riveccio USA 52
4 Bonny Priest USA 90
5 Lisa Aukland USA 92
6 Betty Pariso USA 97
7 Yaxeni Oriquen-Garcia Venezuela 110
8 Helen Bouchard Canada 116
9 Gayle Moher USA 137
10 Jitka Harazimova Czech 165
11 Tazzie Colomb USA 167
12 Heather Foster USA 172
13 Colette Nelson USA 184
14 Dena Westerfield USA 210 From:
http://www.bodybuildbid.com/articles/msolympia/2006/2006-ms-olympia-results.html

So close between Kyle and Cadeau and what a surprise with Yaxeni's
placing.

--
Curt

Pete
September 30th 06, 05:42 PM
"Curt James" > schreef:

> So close between Kyle and Cadeau and what a surprise with Yaxeni's
> placing.

Havent seen the pics, but as always, Dayanas glutes are superior.

I really like that women...

----
Pete

Curt James
October 1st 06, 06:20 AM
Pete wrote:
> "Curt James" schreef:
>
> > So close between Kyle and Cadeau

Only two points separating the two athletes.

> > and what a surprise with Yaxeni's placing.

A disappointing 7th place for last year's Ms. Olympia winner!

Hey, Shute, re who might take over as the next Arnold, Yaxeni says, "I
would like to be a movie star, let's say a 'Yaxeneger' (female Arnold
Version)." See her bio at: http://www.yaxeni.com/

> Havent seen the pics, but as always, Dayanas glutes are superior.

Imo, Cadeau's certainly more beautiful, but as a bodybuilder, my money
was certainly on Kyle if it was between Cadeau and her, but I'm
surprised that Oriquen wasn't at the top of the pile! She was my pick
for the win.

> I really like that women...

I do too, but her tremendous implants and /almost/ a "too short" neck
seems to throw her out of the running for Ms. O although, yeah, what do
I know? She was the 2004 Lightweight Ms. Olympia and placed 3rd in last
year's O <http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson173.htm> after all.
With that in mind, it should be no surprise that Kyle was almost forced
to settle for the silver medal.

--
Curt

Curt James
October 1st 06, 07:01 AM
Curt James wrote:

> The Mr. Olympia will be held tomorrow, Saturday, September 30, 7 PM, at
> the Orleans Arena, Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
> From: http://www.mrolympia.com/mrolympia.htm
>
> I'll make the easy call of Ronnie Coleman winning the O for a record 9
> consecutive wins.

"Ronnie Coleman gets 2nd place! Jay Cutler wins his first Mr. Olympia!"
From: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2006olympia.htm

Good Lord. I was hoping to read that Coleman hit the 9 in a row mark.
Insane.

1 Jay Cutler
2 Ronnie Coleman
3 Victor Martinez
4 Dexter Jackson
5 Melvin Anthony
6 Gustavo Badell
7 Toney Freeman
8 Markus Ruhl
9 Dennis James
10 Gunter Schlierkamp

> Jay Cutler is this generation's Rich Gaspari - an absolutely incredible physique
> competitor simply, and unfortunately, born in the same decade as another
> champion's era of complete and utter dominance.

That should be rewritten to read something more like, "Jay Cutler is
this generation's Rich Gaspari - an absolutely incredible physique
competitor simply, and unfortunately, born in a year that would have
him competing in the same decade as another champion's era of complete
and utter dominance.

Well, so much for that.

Bah!

How ****ed would YOU be if you were moments from making bodybuilding
history with a ninth consecutive Mr. Olympia win only to be denied by
judges who will never possess that level of physical development, cuts,
and size. Cutler is NOT Coleman, but I'll wait to see the pics and am
certainly looking forward to reading the reports.

Plus Martinez over Dexter Jackson???

> And I'd like to place an advance and conditional Curse of Destruction
> for any judge who attempts to award Phil Heath the Mr. O title this
> year. No.

At least that didn't come to pass. Hell, Heath didn't make the top ten.

> Looking forward to seeing how Markus Ruhl places.

As noted above, Ruhl got eighth!

> He'll be guest posing nearby in just a few weeks - the October 28, 2006
> NPC Mountain Valley Championship in Reading, Pennsylvania, USA.
[...]

Maybe the report is incorrect. I mean /these/ guys say Mickey Hargitay
was named Mr. Olympia in 1955. See:
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_261213818.html

!!!

Funny, that. Especially since the first Olympia took place in
19*SIXTY*5.

--
Curt

Curt James
October 1st 06, 11:59 PM
Shute wrote:
> "Curt James" wrote:
>
> >Hey, Shute, re who might take over as the next Arnold, Yaxeni says, "I
> >would like to be a movie star, let's say a 'Yaxeneger' (female Arnold
> >Version)." See her bio at: http://www.yaxeni.com/
>
> Chances are they would put her in really stupid roles. Movies do a
> poor job of showing woman as independent or tough. And when they do
> it is usually rebelling agains't men. For some reason the general
> public has a negative attitude toward woman with muscle.

I'm trying to think of a movie with independent, tough, muscular
women...

Well, Aliens... which movie had the (Googles)

http://www.alicia-logic.com/capspages/caps_viewall.asp?titleid=6

Jenette Goldstein as Vasquez! HAWT!

And Terminator 2 with Linda Hamilton, but although muscled up for the
part, she is an ectomorph overall. Jenette Goldstein showed up in T2 as
well, btw.

Rachel Ticotin in Total Recall! She may not be a bodybuilder, but she
kicked some ass.

Who am I forgetting?

--
Curt