PDA

View Full Version : pain after 3 days

Richard
September 30th 06, 03:41 AM
What's the consensus on exercising the same muscle group even though it
hurts from three days before?

September 30th 06, 04:11 AM
Richard wrote:
> What's the consensus on exercising the same muscle group even though it
> hurts from three days before?

I would do counter exercises to try and undo the muscle pain first. If
you have a Charley Horse in your calf, the best thing to do is stretch
the muscle by leaning on a wall and bending your foot forward. That's
what I do anyway. Massage also seems to work. The muscle soreness is
probably a sign that you overdid the weights or are using new muscles
that you haven't for a while. dkw

Andrzej Rosa
September 30th 06, 04:53 PM
Dnia 2006-09-30 Richard napisał(a):
> What's the consensus on exercising the same muscle group even though it
> hurts from three days before?

There is none.

--
Andrzej Rosa 1127R

Tom Anderson
October 2nd 06, 11:05 PM
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Richard wrote:

> What's the consensus on exercising the same muscle group even though it
> hurts from three days before?

Depends what kind of pain it is. If it's delayed onset muscle soreness -
coming up the day after you work out, and feeling like a kind of light
stabbing when you move - then go for it, it's not an injury, and working
through it is okay (in fact, i find that it helps). If it's a bruise,
tear, strain, or whatever, maybe not.

tom

--
The sky above the port was the colour of television, tuned to a dead
channel