PDA

View Full Version : loose fat

David
September 30th 06, 01:03 PM
I'm trying to loose fat which is mainly around my belly. I just want to
tighten up my abdominal section.I've done that many crunches I actually
damaged my spine around my neck so I am using a neck brace at the moment.
The rest of me is not too bad. I've been lurking here and notice there are a
few very smart people here and wonder if you could give me some good advice.
Nothing too strenuous please if possible -also I don't have all that much
time so if it could be something I could for just a few minutes per day.
Would I have to go on a diet of some kind? It's just the other day these
kids laughed at me and one of them called me a 'fat ****'. So if you can
help me tighten up my loose fat - just around my belly would be fine. thanks

Andrzej Rosa
September 30th 06, 03:41 PM
Dnia 2006-09-30 David napisał(a):
> I'm trying to loose fat which is mainly around my belly. I just want to
> tighten up my abdominal section.I've done that many crunches I actually
> damaged my spine around my neck so I am using a neck brace at the moment.
> The rest of me is not too bad. I've been lurking here and notice there are a
> few very smart people here and wonder if you could give me some good advice.
> Nothing too strenuous please if possible -also I don't have all that much
> time so if it could be something I could for just a few minutes per day.

Do density training. You basically pick several exercises and do them
one a day for as many reps as you can during your 15min time period.
Whenever you reach your target rep number (let's say 30 i 15min) you
increase your load. Good exercises for upper body would be pushups,
pullups, dips, cheat curls etc. For lower body it might be thrusters,
various squats, step-ups and so on.

Simple equipment and dedication will get you much further than good
equipment and lack of drive.

> Would I have to go on a diet of some kind?

Maybe, but I managed to lose (not loose, really!) some weight and get
more muscular at the same time with no diet. Depends how much fat you
want to get rid off and how lean you want to get in the end.

> It's just the other day these
> kids laughed at me and one of them called me a 'fat ****'. So if you can
> help me tighten up my loose fat - just around my belly would be fine. thanks

Where your body stores fat depends mostly on your genetics. There is
no way to lose fat at some specific place and keep it somewhere else.

--
Andrzej Rosa 1127R

Curt James
September 30th 06, 04:50 PM
David wrote:

> I'm trying to loose fat which is mainly around my belly.

I hate the loose fat and, yeah, naturally prefer the tight fat.

> I just want to tighten up my abdominal section.

See? The tight fat is much better than the loose fat.

Reminds me of a job I had as a teenager. Was at a family restaurant and
the manager and his sister worked there. She was teasing her brother
about his waistline and we joked that he wasn't fat that it was just
relaxed muscle around his belt line.

> I've done that many crunches I actually damaged my
> spine around my neck so I am using a neck brace at
> the moment.

Damn. All jokes re loose versus lose aside, gotta admire that type of
determination. Have you visited a chiropractor for that neck pain?

> The rest of me is not too bad. I've been lurking here and
> notice there are a few very smart people here

Oh? What about the rest of us???

> and wonder if you could give me some good advice.
> Nothing too strenuous please if possible -also I don't
> have all that much time so if it could be something I
> could for just a few minutes per day.

Sure. You wanna lose fat from around your waist in just a few minutes a
day. Unfortunately, you can't - so far as I know - lose fat from
specific points on your body, but rather from all over your body.
Fortunately, in just a few minutes per day, you *can* perform push
aways. Something you've certainly heard of if you've indeed been
lurking here.

You can also grab that copy of The Abs Diet by David Zinczenko. His
book is something I've often mentioned in this newsgroup. His eating
and exercising recommendations offer a great compilation of advice on
losing that fat you are talking about, David. Check it out online:
http://theabsdiet.com/

> Would I have to go on a diet of some kind? It's
> just the other day these kids laughed at me and
> one of them called me a '<snip>.

I'd rather be what they called you than to be those kids, David.
Namecalling can be hurtful, but I suspect you'll get a lot of
satisfaction by not reacting to their taunts. Trust me, that's
something difficult to do (something you're also aware of if you've
been lurking), but it's absolutely better in the long run.

> So if you can help me tighten up my loose fat - just
> around my belly would be fine. thanks

Losing the fat has to do with what you put in your mouth as well as the
amount of cardio you perform. Take some regular walks or hit the
treadmill if that's available to you. A few miles at the high school
track if it's not.

Best of luck. Please post a follow-up.

--
Curt

David
September 30th 06, 05:52 PM
"Andrzej Rosa" > wrote in message
> Dnia 2006-09-30 David napisał(a):
>> I'm trying to loose fat which is mainly around my belly. I just want to
>> tighten up my abdominal section.I've done that many crunches I actually
>> damaged my spine around my neck so I am using a neck brace at the moment.
>> The rest of me is not too bad. I've been lurking here and notice there
>> are a
>> few very smart people here and wonder if you could give me some good
>> advice.
>> Nothing too strenuous please if possible -also I don't have all that much
>> time so if it could be something I could for just a few minutes per day.
>
> Do density training. You basically pick several exercises and do them
> one a day for as many reps as you can during your 15min time period.
> Whenever you reach your target rep number (let's say 30 i 15min) you
> increase your load. Good exercises for upper body would be pushups,
> pullups, dips, cheat curls etc. For lower body it might be thrusters,
> various squats, step-ups and so on.
>
> Simple equipment and dedication will get you much further than good
> equipment and lack of drive.
>
>> Would I have to go on a diet of some kind?
>
> Maybe, but I managed to lose (not loose, really!) some weight and get
> more muscular at the same time with no diet. Depends how much fat you
> want to get rid off and how lean you want to get in the end.
>
>> It's just the other day these
>> kids laughed at me and one of them called me a 'fat ****'. So if you can
>> help me tighten up my loose fat - just around my belly would be fine.
>> thanks
>
> Where your body stores fat depends mostly on your genetics. There is
> no way to lose fat at some specific place and keep it somewhere else.

thank you Andrzej for your considerate reply - I will follow your advice

> --
> Andrzej Rosa 1127R

David
September 30th 06, 06:08 PM
"Curt James" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> David wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to loose fat which is mainly around my belly.
>
> I hate the loose fat and, yeah, naturally prefer the tight fat.

Of course. we all would

>> I just want to tighten up my abdominal section.
>
> See? The tight fat is much better than the loose fat.

Get on with it. I haven't got all day

> Reminds me of a job I had as a teenager. Was at a family restaurant and
> the manager and his sister worked there. She was teasing her brother
> about his waistline and we joked that he wasn't fat that it was just
> relaxed muscle around his belt line.

If I wanted humour I would go to alt,support.limpjokes. (no offence)

>> I've done that many crunches I actually damaged my
>> spine around my neck so I am using a neck brace at
>> the moment.
>
> Damn. All jokes re loose versus lose aside, gotta admire that type of
> determination. Have you visited a chiropractor for that neck pain?

Yes, that's where I got the neck brace. He told me to loose weight

>> The rest of me is not too bad. I've been lurking here and
>> notice there are a few very smart people here
>
> Oh? What about the rest of us???

not very smart?

>> and wonder if you could give me some good advice.
>> Nothing too strenuous please if possible -also I don't
>> have all that much time so if it could be something I
>> could for just a few minutes per day.
>
> Sure. You wanna lose fat from around your waist in just a few minutes a
> day.

yes basically, isn't that what we've been talking about?

> Unfortunately, you can't - so far as I know - lose fat from
> specific points on your body, but rather from all over your body.
> Fortunately, in just a few minutes per day, you *can* perform push
> aways. Something you've certainly heard of if you've indeed been
> lurking here.

As I've been lurking here, I thought this Curt guy was a good guy. Now you
give me bad news. You say I can't loose my fat around my belly. If I loose
it from all over my body then my chest will look small - I want to 'sculpt'
my body like they say in the ads

> You can also grab that copy of The Abs Diet by David Zinczenko. His
> book is something I've often mentioned in this newsgroup. His eating
> and exercising recommendations offer a great compilation of advice on
> losing that fat you are talking about, David. Check it out online:
> http://theabsdiet.com/

Now you are talking

>> Would I have to go on a diet of some kind? It's
>> just the other day these kids laughed at me and
>> one of them called me a '<snip>.fat ****
>
> I'd rather be what they called you than to be those kids, David.
> Namecalling can be hurtful, but I suspect you'll get a lot of
> satisfaction by not reacting to their taunts.

But I did react - I said that one kid "go **** your mother" - (I'm not proud
of that) - (I will ask forgiveness on Sunday)

> Trust me, that's
> something difficult to do (something you're also aware of if you've
> been lurking), but it's absolutely better in the long run.

I can't do long runs. Not enough time - short runs OK

>> So if you can help me tighten up my loose fat - just
>> around my belly would be fine. thanks
>
> Losing the fat has to do with what you put in your mouth as well as the
> amount of cardio you perform. Take some regular walks or hit the
> treadmill if that's available to you. A few miles at the high school
> track if it's not.

I was hoping I could do this without dieting. I think I will follow Andrzej
advice first (no offence)

> Best of luck. Please post a follow-up.

Yes, thanks anyway

> --
> Curt

Richard
September 30th 06, 06:45 PM
"David" > wrote in message
u...
<snip>
> > Unfortunately, you can't - so far as I know - lose fat from
> > specific points on your body, but rather from all over your body.
> > Fortunately, in just a few minutes per day, you *can* perform push
> > aways. Something you've certainly heard of if you've indeed been
> > lurking here.
>
> As I've been lurking here, I thought this Curt guy was a good guy. Now you
> give me bad news. You say I can't loose my fat around my belly. If I loose
> it from all over my body then my chest will look small - I want to
'sculpt'
> my body like they say in the ads

Those "as seen on TV" exercise machine ads are full of crap. Your body
decides where to store and loose fat and you have to work on all of it at
once to see results.

> > You can also grab that copy of The Abs Diet by David Zinczenko. His
> > book is something I've often mentioned in this newsgroup. His eating
> > and exercising recommendations offer a great compilation of advice on
> > losing that fat you are talking about, David. Check it out online:
> > http://theabsdiet.com/
>
> Now you are talking

This is a good book, I have it myself. Its easy to follow - heck, it even
lets you eat pizza (page 48) but without soda. Now, that really sucks. So I
wind up not eating pizza at all.

> >> Would I have to go on a diet of some kind? It's
> >> just the other day these kids laughed at me and
> >> one of them called me a '<snip>.fat ****
> >
> > I'd rather be what they called you than to be those kids, David.
> > Namecalling can be hurtful, but I suspect you'll get a lot of
> > satisfaction by not reacting to their taunts.
>
> But I did react - I said that one kid "go **** your mother" - (I'm not
proud
> of that) - (I will ask forgiveness on Sunday)
> >
> > Trust me, that's
> > something difficult to do (something you're also aware of if you've
> > been lurking), but it's absolutely better in the long run.
>
> I can't do long runs. Not enough time - short runs OK

Eating right and exercising is a lifestyle you have to stick with. Set aside
30 minutes for exercising each day.

Richard

David
September 30th 06, 10:52 PM
"Richard" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "David" > wrote in message
> u...
> <snip>
> 'sculpt'
>> my body like they say in the ads
>
> Those "as seen on TV" exercise machine ads are full of crap. Your body
> decides where to store and loose fat and you have to work on all of it at
> once to see results.

OK, I am beginning to understand.

[.........]

> This is a good book, I have it myself. Its easy to follow - heck, it even
> lets you eat pizza (page 48) but without soda. Now, that really sucks. So
> wind up not eating pizza at all.

I'd have no trouble eating pizza without soda!

> Eating right and exercising is a lifestyle you have to stick with. Set
> aside
> 30 minutes for exercising each day.

Sounds reasonable, thanks

> Richard

David
September 30th 06, 10:57 PM
"Shute" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 22:03:04 +1000, "David" >
> wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to loose fat which is mainly around my belly. I just want to
>>tighten up my abdominal section.I've done that many crunches I actually
>>damaged my spine around my neck so I am using a neck brace at the moment.
>>The rest of me is not too bad. I've been lurking here and notice there are
>>few very smart people here and wonder if you could give me some good
>>advice.
>>Nothing too strenuous please if possible -also I don't have all that much
>>time so if it could be something I could for just a few minutes per day.
>>Would I have to go on a diet of some kind? It's just the other day these
>>kids laughed at me and one of them called me a 'fat ****'. So if you can
>>help me tighten up my loose fat - just around my belly would be fine.
>>thanks
>
> Andrzej Rosa gave better advice than I could think of. The truth is
> you have to decide how badly you want to loose the wait. Are you just
> upset because some kid called you a name or do you want to make
> yourself look and feel better. You need to do it for yourself and not
> those kids. After evaluating that decide if it is worth more than the
> few minutes a day you want to devote too it. Because with such a
> light attitude toward loosing the fat I think the fat is going to win.

I have a demanding job - plus I do volunteer work - (I drive old ladies to a
club where they gamble, drink, **** like that) I am a deeply religious
person and the lord tells me I have to do volunteer work. So I don't have a
lot of time.
I guess I will just have to make some sacrifices.
Thanks

David Cohen
October 1st 06, 12:12 AM
"David" > wrote
> "Shute" > wrote
>> "David" > wrote:
>>
>>>I'm trying to loose fat which is mainly around my belly. I just want to
>>>tighten up my abdominal section.I've done that many crunches I actually
>>>damaged my spine around my neck so I am using a neck brace at the moment.
>>>The rest of me is not too bad. I've been lurking here and notice there
>>>are a
>>>few very smart people here and wonder if you could give me some good
>>>advice.
>>>Nothing too strenuous please if possible -also I don't have all that much
>>>time so if it could be something I could for just a few minutes per day.
>>>Would I have to go on a diet of some kind? It's just the other day these
>>>kids laughed at me and one of them called me a 'fat ****'. So if you can
>>>help me tighten up my loose fat - just around my belly would be fine.
>>>thanks
>>
>> Andrzej Rosa gave better advice than I could think of. The truth is
>> you have to decide how badly you want to loose the wait. Are you just
>> upset because some kid called you a name or do you want to make
>> yourself look and feel better. You need to do it for yourself and not
>> those kids. After evaluating that decide if it is worth more than the
>> few minutes a day you want to devote too it. Because with such a
>> light attitude toward loosing the fat I think the fat is going to win.
>>
> I have a demanding job - plus I do volunteer work - (I drive old ladies to
> a club where they gamble, drink, **** like that) I am a deeply religious
> person and the lord tells me I have to do volunteer work. So I don't have
> a lot of time.
> I guess I will just have to make some sacrifices.

Yeah, sacrifices! Young beautiful female virgins!!

Oh, wait, you're in Australia...hmmm...ok, any old ugly sacrifice will do.

Dav...uh, Sherman

David
October 1st 06, 12:35 AM
"Shute" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 07:57:54 +1000, "David" >
> wrote:
>
>>I have a demanding job - plus I do volunteer work - (I drive old ladies to
>>club where they gamble, drink, **** like that) I am a deeply religious
>>person and the lord tells me I have to do volunteer work. So I don't have
>>lot of time.
>>I guess I will just have to make some sacrifices.
>>Thanks
>
> Sometimes you have to do things for yourself. Weight from stress
> often goes to the belly which sounds like something you have. You
> might benefit from a better diet and volunteer work which give some
> exercise. For instance my Dad couched sports while I was growing up.
> It was all on his own time and he enjoyed it. Cardio and diet are
> still the best and fastest ways to loose weight though.

Thanks that's a good idea about a different kind of volunteer work - I was
thinking of taking a 'beat' in the red light district here and just going
around talking to the 'working girls' - ask them if they might think about
taking the lord's path - and see the folly of their ways. I always wanted
to do that as I think these girls need help. Coaching is a great idea - (but
I don't know any sports well enough)

David
October 1st 06, 12:36 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "David" > wrote

>>> Andrzej Rosa gave better advice than I could think of. The truth is
>>> you have to decide how badly you want to loose the wait. Are you just
>>> upset because some kid called you a name or do you want to make
>>> yourself look and feel better. You need to do it for yourself and not
>>> those kids. After evaluating that decide if it is worth more than the
>>> few minutes a day you want to devote too it. Because with such a
>>> light attitude toward loosing the fat I think the fat is going to win.
>>>
>> I have a demanding job - plus I do volunteer work - (I drive old ladies
>> to a club where they gamble, drink, **** like that) I am a deeply
>> religious person and the lord tells me I have to do volunteer work. So I
>> don't have a lot of time.
>> I guess I will just have to make some sacrifices.
>
> Yeah, sacrifices! Young beautiful female virgins!!
>
> Oh, wait, you're in Australia...hmmm...ok, any old ugly sacrifice will do.
>
> Dav...uh, Sherman

I resent that comment - I am a man of the lord (well . . . kinda . . ..)

Curt James
October 1st 06, 04:39 AM
David wrote:
> "Curt James" wrote
> > David wrote:
> >
> >> I'm trying to loose fat which is mainly around my belly.
> >
> > I hate the loose fat and, yeah, naturally prefer the tight fat.
>
> Of course. we all would
>
> >> I just want to tighten up my abdominal section.
> >
> > See? The tight fat is much better than the loose fat.
>
> Get on with it.

Yes, I can be mister beat-around-the-bush, appparently.

> I haven't got all day

Neither did I. Enjoyed a birthday party for my one nephew, a meal at a
nice Sicilian restaurant, and whupping some ass (luckily) in some cards
today, but, hey, regardless, I was /generous/ (or however you might
describe it) enough to make YOU a part of my day, David.

> > Reminds me of a job I had as a teenager. Was at a family restaurant and
> > the manager and his sister worked there. She was teasing her brother
> > about his waistline and we joked that he wasn't fat that it was just
> > relaxed muscle around his belt line.
>
> If I wanted humour I would go to alt,support.limpjokes. (no offence)

(sigh)

None taken. I've heard that refrain at least one other time. Mr.
TapeGuy, you still out there? ;o)

> >> I've done that many crunches I actually damaged my
> >> spine around my neck so I am using a neck brace at
> >> the moment.
> >
> > Damn. All jokes re loose versus lose aside, gotta admire that type of
> > determination. Have you visited a chiropractor for that neck pain?
>
> Yes,

Excellent. I visited my chiropractor recently as well. Thankfully, my
insurance covers all but a ten-dollar co-pay. Chiropractic is the bomb.
I absolutely swear by it.

> that's where I got the neck brace.

Interesting.

> He told me to loose weight

Mine demonstrated Hindu squats and Hindu pushups recently. He said my
deadlift form was perfect and I laughed in response, saying something
like, "Great, my deadlift form is perfect when I'm deadlifting AIR!"

> >> The rest of me is not too bad. I've been lurking here and
> >> notice there are a few very smart people here
> >
> > Oh? What about the rest of us???
>
> not very smart?

Come now, David. All here in MFW Land are GEEEEE-knee-usses!

> >> and wonder if you could give me some good advice.
> >> Nothing too strenuous please if possible -also I don't
> >> have all that much time so if it could be something I
> >> could for just a few minutes per day.
> >
> > Sure. You wanna lose fat from around your waist in just
> > a few minutes a day.
>
> yes basically, isn't that what we've been talking about?

Yup.

> > Unfortunately, you can't - so far as I know - lose fat from
> > specific points on your body, but rather from all over your body.
> > Fortunately, in just a few minutes per day, you *can* perform push
> > aways. Something you've certainly heard of if you've indeed been
> > lurking here.
>
> As I've been lurking here, I thought this Curt guy was a good guy.

HA! Pete! Are you seeing this... or did you read "this Curt guy"??? :oD

Good. I do agree or at least try to be "a good guy" (in general or
usually) and hope you still feel the same, David - that "this Curt guy
was a good guy." I like to think I am, but I appreciate the perspective
of those who may not hold that same viewpoint. Truly.

> Now you give me bad news.

It's not necessarily bad news. Just the facts as I understand them.
Information is neither good nor bad, more often than not, imo. What you
do with that information is what counts.

> You say I can't loose my fat around my belly.

Probably not JUST from around your belly. It'd be like trying to take
water out of just one section of your bathtub. Go ahead. Give it a
shot. I'll wait.

(Perhaps this schtick would play better over in...
"alt,support.limpjokes," yes?)

> If I loose it from all over my body then my chest will look
> small - I want to 'sculpt' my body like they say in the ads

Hmmm. No. If you lose fat then your chest will look better, perhaps
even bigger. If you're anything like me then the clear cut separation
under your pecs has been blurred by that (even thin) layer of fat.
Losing a percentage of your bodyfat can only increase your definition
which will show a sharper or more defined appearance following.

> > You can also grab that copy of The Abs Diet by David Zinczenko. His
> > book is something I've often mentioned in this newsgroup. His eating
> > and exercising recommendations offer a great compilation of advice on
> > losing that fat you are talking about, David. Check it out online:
> > http://theabsdiet.com/
>
> Now you are talking

And typing! Glad you noticed.

> >> Would I have to go on a diet of some kind? It's
> >> just the other day these kids laughed at me and
> >> one of them called me a '<snip>.fat ****

Fat cu... I thought I deleted THAT!

> > I'd rather be what they called you than to be those kids, David.
> > Namecalling can be hurtful, but I suspect you'll get a lot of
> > satisfaction by not reacting to their taunts.
>
> But I did react - I said that one kid "go **** your mother" -

Not so inexusable, imo.

> (I'm not proud of that) - (I will ask forgiveness on Sunday)

Catholics rule. (Although some extremist Muslims may not agree 'bout
now.) I love that whole idea of going to confession and having it
all... erased.

> > Trust me, that's something difficult to do (something
> > you're also aware of if you've been lurking), but it's
> > absolutely better in the long run.
>
> I can't do long runs. Not enough time - short runs OK

ahahahHAHAH! Hey, didn't you say something about
alt.support.limpjokes??? ;o) But that wasn't limp at all. Excellent
schtufff!

> >> So if you can help me tighten up my loose fat - just
> >> around my belly would be fine. thanks
> >
> > Losing the fat has to do with what you put in your mouth as well as the
> > amount of cardio you perform. Take some regular walks or hit the
> > treadmill if that's available to you. A few miles at the high school
> > track if it's not.
>
> I was hoping I could do this without dieting. I think I will follow Andrzej
> advice first (no offence)

Again, none taken. I wish you the very greatest of success, David.

> > Best of luck. Please post a follow-up.
>
> Yes, thanks anyway

You're welcome, of course, although I sense a less than satisfied
reader. :oS

--
Curt

David
October 1st 06, 06:59 AM
"Curt James" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> David wrote:
>> "Curt James" wrote
>> > David wrote:

[......]

> Neither did I. Enjoyed a birthday party for my one nephew, a meal at a
> nice Sicilian restaurant, and whupping some ass

was she nice?

>(luckily) in some cards

oh . .cards . . .

Robert Schuh
October 2nd 06, 06:10 AM
David wrote:

> I'm trying to loose fat which is mainly around my belly. I just want to
> tighten up my abdominal section.I've done that many crunches I actually
> damaged my spine around my neck so I am using a neck brace at the moment.
> The rest of me is not too bad. I've been lurking here and notice there are a
> few very smart people here and wonder if you could give me some good advice.
> Nothing too strenuous please if possible -also I don't have all that much
> time so if it could be something I could for just a few minutes per day.
> Would I have to go on a diet of some kind? It's just the other day these
> kids laughed at me and one of them called me a 'fat ****'. So if you can
> help me tighten up my loose fat - just around my belly would be fine. thanks

Is there a test that Internet providers give people before they let them sign up
to make sure that they don't know the difference between the word "lose" and
"loose?"

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

David
October 2nd 06, 12:00 PM
"Robert Schuh" > wrote in message
> David wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to loose fat which is mainly around my belly. I just want to
>> tighten up my abdominal section.I've done that many crunches I actually
>> damaged my spine around my neck so I am using a neck brace at the moment.
>> The rest of me is not too bad. I've been lurking here and notice there
>> are a
>> few very smart people here and wonder if you could give me some good
>> advice.
>> Nothing too strenuous please if possible -also I don't have all that much
>> time so if it could be something I could for just a few minutes per day.
>> Would I have to go on a diet of some kind? It's just the other day these
>> kids laughed at me and one of them called me a 'fat ****'. So if you can
>> help me tighten up my loose fat - just around my belly would be fine.
>> thanks
>
> Is there a test that Internet providers give people before they let them
> sign up
> to make sure that they don't know the difference between the word "lose"
> and
> "loose?"

You playing fast and lose with the truth agaiu Schuh

> --
> Robert Schuh
> "Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
> intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
> the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
> the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
> - Nietzsche
>
> http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

OmManiPadmeOmelet
October 2nd 06, 12:04 PM
In article >,
"David" > wrote:

> You playing fast and lose with the truth agaiu Schuh

David,

Go drink some coffee... ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

October 2nd 06, 12:12 PM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "David" > wrote:
>
>> You playing fast and lose with the truth agaiu Schuh
>
> David,
>
> Go drink some coffee... ;-)

But . . . why?

Charles
October 2nd 06, 01:07 PM
On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 21:00:36 +1000, "David" >
wrote:

>"Robert Schuh" > wrote in message
>> David wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to loose fat which is mainly around my belly. I just want to
>>> tighten up my abdominal section.I've done that many crunches I actually
>>> damaged my spine around my neck so I am using a neck brace at the moment.
>>> The rest of me is not too bad. I've been lurking here and notice there
>>> are a
>>> few very smart people here and wonder if you could give me some good
>>> advice.
>>> Nothing too strenuous please if possible -also I don't have all that much
>>> time so if it could be something I could for just a few minutes per day.
>>> Would I have to go on a diet of some kind? It's just the other day these
>>> kids laughed at me and one of them called me a 'fat ****'. So if you can
>>> help me tighten up my loose fat - just around my belly would be fine.
>>> thanks
>>
>> Is there a test that Internet providers give people before they let them
>> sign up
>> to make sure that they don't know the difference between the word "lose"
>> and
>> "loose?"
>
>You playing fast and lose with the truth agaiu Schuh

I think you're loosing your grip and will need to losen up if you want
to carry on being competitive and don't want to end up a looser. For
goodness sake Oz, hang lose!

Early workout today so Monday is okay again! ;o)

David
October 2nd 06, 05:57 PM
"Charles" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 21:00:36 +1000, "David" >
> wrote:

>>> Is there a test that Internet providers give people before they let them
>>> sign up
>>> to make sure that they don't know the difference between the word "lose"
>>> and
>>> "loose?"
>>
>>You playing fast and lose with the truth agaiu Schuh
>>

> I think you're loosing your grip and will need to losen up if you want
> to carry on being competitive and don't want to end up a looser. For
> goodness sake Oz, hang lose!
>
> Early workout today so Monday is okay again! ;o)

I know sometimes I loose my cool!

David
October 2nd 06, 06:35 PM
"DZ" > wrote in message
. ..
> David > wrote:
>> I'm trying to loose fat which is mainly around my belly. I just want to
>> tighten up my abdominal section.I've done that many crunches I actually
>> damaged my spine around my neck so I am using a neck brace at the moment.
>> The rest of me is not too bad. I've been lurking here and notice there
>> are a
>> few very smart people here and wonder if you could give me some good
>> advice.
>
> Dear David,Just like you,I am a frequent lurker here,and never
> post.i have consulted both my personal trainer and my nutritionist
> (certified).The best exercise to loose fat around the abdomen and
> tone up the muscles is an abs exercise called "leg raise"-------
> http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/HipFlexors/WtVerticalLegRaise.html
> You can actually eat all you want if you just keep doing these.And
> the butt blaster machine too.Then the fat would only deposit in all
> the "right" places.
>
> if u do lots and lots of leg raise and butt blasting u can
> 100se 100lb 1n just 1 /\/\0NTH!!!

No ****??? I can loose that much?? Boy you must think I am real gullible - I
don't believe for one minute that you can loose 100 lbs in 1 month - no way!
Maybe 50-75 lbs but that is max. . (I worry about that butt blaster - that;s
a lot of **** if something goes wrong)
(DZ would you be 'trolling the troll' by any chance?)

David
October 2nd 06, 06:55 PM
"DZ" > wrote in message
> David > wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear David,Just like you,I am a frequent lurker here,and never
>>> post.i have consulted both my personal trainer and my nutritionist
>>> (certified).The best exercise to loose fat around the abdomen and
>>> tone up the muscles is an abs exercise called "leg raise"-------
>>> http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/HipFlexors/WtVerticalLegRaise.html
>>> You can actually eat all you want if you just keep doing these.And
>>> the butt blaster machine too.Then the fat would only deposit in all
>>> the "right" places.
>>>
>>> if u do lots and lots of leg raise and butt blasting u can
>>> 100se 100lb 1n just 1 /\/\0NTH!!!
>>
>> No ****??? I can loose that much?? Boy you must think I am real
>> gullible - I
>> don't believe for one minute that you can loose 100 lbs in 1 month - no
>> way!
>> Maybe 50-75 lbs but that is max. . (I worry about that butt blaster -
>> that;s
>> a lot of **** if something goes wrong)
>
> sorry,David,i forgot,you also need to do hoodia and the kettlebell
> presses while standing one one leg.cheers

Would it help if I could be listeing to a string quartet from Shostakovitch
at the same time?

Robert Schuh
October 3rd 06, 06:23 AM
David wrote:

> "Robert Schuh" > wrote in message
> > David wrote:
> >
> >> I'm trying to loose fat which is mainly around my belly. I just want to
> >> tighten up my abdominal section.I've done that many crunches I actually
> >> damaged my spine around my neck so I am using a neck brace at the moment.
> >> The rest of me is not too bad. I've been lurking here and notice there
> >> are a
> >> few very smart people here and wonder if you could give me some good
> >> advice.
> >> Nothing too strenuous please if possible -also I don't have all that much
> >> time so if it could be something I could for just a few minutes per day.
> >> Would I have to go on a diet of some kind? It's just the other day these
> >> kids laughed at me and one of them called me a 'fat ****'. So if you can
> >> help me tighten up my loose fat - just around my belly would be fine.
> >> thanks
> >
> > Is there a test that Internet providers give people before they let them
> > sign up
> > to make sure that they don't know the difference between the word "lose"
> > and
> > "loose?"
>
> You playing fast and lose with the truth agaiu Schuh

Was that English? ;-)

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

David
October 3rd 06, 08:00 AM
"Robert Schuh" > wrote in message
> David wrote:

>> > Is there a test that Internet providers give people before they let
>> > them
>> > sign up
>> > to make sure that they don't know the difference between the word
>> > "lose"
>> > and
>> > "loose?"
>>
>> You playing fast and lose with the truth agaiu Schuh
>
> Was that English? ;-)

Rob, there is an expression that goes "playing fast and loose with the
truth"
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=%22fast+and+loose+with+the+truth%22&meta=

so when you observed that I didn't know the difference between "loose" and
"lose" I thought I would use the *wrong* lose/loose in the well know
expression and say "fast and lose" with the truth just to highlight the
wrong use of that word again

Know what I mean?