PDA

View Full Version : Skinny Legs

SteveH
October 1st 06, 12:33 AM
Any tips for getting skinny legs to not be so anymore?

I've been working out for about 3 months now - I see fair gain in
strength
but none in size. I try and do leg exercises twice a week - three sets
(8
to 10 reps) of the following: leg press, calf raises, leg extension,
and leg
curls (hamstring). I go for heavy weights and don't have another rep
left
in me by the time I finish my last set.

Steve
--
Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa
Romeo'

Burgerman
October 1st 06, 12:38 AM
"SteveH" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Any tips for getting skinny legs to not be so anymore?
>
> I've been working out for about 3 months now - I see fair gain in
> strength
> but none in size. I try and do leg exercises twice a week - three sets
> (8
> to 10 reps) of the following: leg press, calf raises, leg extension,
> and leg
> curls (hamstring). I go for heavy weights and don't have another rep
> left
> in me by the time I finish my last set.

> Steve
> --
> Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa
> Romeo'
> www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200 - Alfa 75 TSpark
> Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL
> BoTAFOT #87 - BoTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #

Its another troll by the sad "ken" again?

Tunku
October 1st 06, 12:58 AM
"SteveH" > wrote in news:1159659211.150905.269450
@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Any tips for getting skinny legs to not be so anymore?

Spinach. Seriously.

And maybe a small boat.

--
Tunku

"end user" v. A command regrettably not implemented in most systems.

Sandy Nuts
October 1st 06, 01:43 AM
"SteveH" > wrote in message
oups.com...

<snip useless prick's drivel>

Seriously, Chris, why are you such a waste of space?? I wish I was in
Firth's position. I'd love to take up the opportunity to meet you. I swear
to God I'd fold you like last weeks laundry.

You are such a pathetic, low-life waste of ****ing space. I swear, I wish
you'd die.

Steve Firth
October 1st 06, 02:17 AM
On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 00:43:45 GMT, Sandy Nuts wrote:

> I wish I was in Firth's position. I'd love to take up the opportunity to
> meet you. I swear to God I'd fold you like last weeks laundry.

Nobody will get to meet him. He's done this over and over again. Whenver it
comes to the crunch, he runs away, pussy-whipped (again). He won't even
turn up to meet an old crock of a retired sailor, so he's never going to
show for anyone younger and fitter than him.

Nice jacket Ken, do they all come in that shade of yeller?

Tunku
October 1st 06, 02:31 AM
Steve Firth > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 00:43:45 GMT, Sandy Nuts wrote:
>
>> I wish I was in Firth's position. I'd love to take up the opportunity
>> to meet you. I swear to God I'd fold you like last weeks laundry.
>
> Nobody will get to meet him. He's done this over and over again.
> Whenver it comes to the crunch, he runs away, pussy-whipped (again).
> He won't even turn up to meet an old crock of a retired sailor, so
> he's never going to show for anyone younger and fitter than him.
>
> Nice jacket Ken, do they all come in that shade of yeller?

I'd love to put him to work up here, but he strikes me as the type who
won't work, bloody council house scrounger.

--
Tunku

"end user" v. A command regrettably not implemented in most systems.

Ken
October 1st 06, 06:38 AM
Forget about going to the gym and get into some serious cycling.

"SteveH" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Any tips for getting skinny legs to not be so anymore?
>
> I've been working out for about 3 months now - I see fair gain in
> strength
> but none in size. I try and do leg exercises twice a week - three sets
> (8
> to 10 reps) of the following: leg press, calf raises, leg extension,
> and leg
> curls (hamstring). I go for heavy weights and don't have another rep
> left
> in me by the time I finish my last set.

> Steve
> --
> Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa
> Romeo'
> www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200 - Alfa 75 TSpark
> Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL
> BoTAFOT #87 - BoTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #

Ken
October 1st 06, 06:39 AM
"Burgerman" > wrote in message

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Any tips for getting skinny legs to not be so anymore?
>>
>> I've been working out for about 3 months now - I see fair gain in
>> strength
>> but none in size. I try and do leg exercises twice a week - three sets
>> (8
>> to 10 reps) of the following: leg press, calf raises, leg extension,
>> and leg
>> curls (hamstring). I go for heavy weights and don't have another rep
>> left
>> in me by the time I finish my last set.
>>

>> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>

>> Steve
>> --
>> Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa
>> Romeo'
>> www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200 - Alfa 75 TSpark
>> Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL
>> BoTAFOT #87 - BoTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #
>>

> Its another troll by the sad "ken" again?

Not as sad as posts by a disabled man who seems to live in a pathetic
fantasy world!

Ken
October 1st 06, 06:41 AM
"Sandy Nuts" > wrote in message
.uk...

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
> <snip useless prick's drivel>
>
> Seriously, Chris, why are you such a waste of space?? I wish I was in
> Firth's position. I'd love to take up the opportunity to meet you. I swear
> to God I'd fold you like last weeks laundry.
>
> You are such a pathetic, low-life waste of ****ing space. I swear, I wish
> you'd die.

Another jerk who like firth sounds very tough issuing threats from behind
his keyboard!

Ken
October 1st 06, 06:42 AM
"Steve Firth" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 00:43:45 GMT, Sandy Nuts wrote:
>
>> I wish I was in Firth's position. I'd love to take up the opportunity to
>> meet you. I swear to God I'd fold you like last weeks laundry.
>
> Nobody will get to meet him. He's done this over and over again. Whenver
> it
> comes to the crunch, he runs away, pussy-whipped (again). He won't even
> turn up to meet an old crock of a retired sailor, so he's never going to
> show for anyone younger and fitter than him.
>
> Nice jacket Ken, do they all come in that shade of yeller?

Post your home address and I will be round tonight....................But we
all know you are a cowardly prick, and wont be doing that dont we!

SteveH
October 1st 06, 10:44 AM
Abuse report sent, ****wit.

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL

David R
October 1st 06, 11:49 AM
"Ken" > wrote in message ...
>> Seriously, Chris, why are you such a waste of space?? I wish I was in
>> Firth's position. I'd love to take up the opportunity to meet you. I
>> swear to God I'd fold you like last weeks laundry.
>>
>> You are such a pathetic, low-life waste of ****ing space. I swear, I wish
>> you'd die.
>

> Another jerk who like firth sounds very tough issuing threats from behind
> his keyboard!

Gotta admit, it's not your normal trolling, it's a level above!

Elder
October 1st 06, 12:12 PM
In article . com>,
says...
>Any tips for getting skinny legs to not be so anymore?

Hacksaw.
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest

Elder
October 1st 06, 12:15 PM
In article >, says...

>Forget about going to the gym and get into some serious cycling.

did you find that out when your business failed and you had to sell the
car to pay your creditors. Then ride very quickly when they realised
they were still owed money and started polishing the pickaxe handles.
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
Homepage: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

Will Brink
October 1st 06, 02:12 PM
In article . com>,
"SteveH" > wrote:

> Any tips for getting skinny legs to not be so anymore?
>
> I've been working out for about 3 months now

Three whole months?!

Ken
October 1st 06, 04:09 PM
"Elder" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >, says...
>>
>>Forget about going to the gym and get into some serious cycling.
>>
> did you find that out when your business failed and you had to sell the
> car to pay your creditors. Then ride very quickly when they realised
> they were still owed money and started polishing the pickaxe handles.
> --
> Carl Robson
> Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
> Homepage: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

If you believe everything you read on uselessnet, then it would seem you are
just as sad as bunt and firth..............

By the way werent you posting that you had been sacked a couple of weeks
back?

If so why not apply for a job in bergermans fantasy tuning business? Dont
matter that you know FA about tuning..............niether does he!

SteveH
October 1st 06, 04:23 PM
Ken > wrote:

> Forget about going to the gym and get into some serious cycling.

Losing track of your socks again, Ken?
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL

Ken
October 1st 06, 05:10 PM
"SteveH" > wrote in message
k...
> Ken > wrote:
>
>> Forget about going to the gym and get into some serious cycling.
>
> Losing track of your socks again, Ken?
> --
> Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'
> www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200 - Alfa 75 TSpark
> Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL
> BoTAFOT #87 - BoTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #

Learn to read the headers you odious prick!

Tom
October 1st 06, 06:20 PM
Will Brink wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "SteveH" > wrote:
>
>> Any tips for getting skinny legs to not be so anymore?

We all have reasons to slag ol' SteveH off sometimes but this sort of thing
is done so badly no-one believes its the real Steve so why bother?

Elder
October 1st 06, 06:47 PM
In article >, says...
>If you believe everything you read on uselessnet, then it would seem you are
>just as sad as bunt and firth..............
I haven't read anything about you.
Infact until you turned up hear, you were someone so insignificant I had
never heard of you.

>By the way werent you posting that you had been sacked a couple of weeks
>back?
I was made redundant. Bit different. Guy I was working for didn't get
some contracts he was expecting. He had added me to the team because he
was 90% sure they were signed. As it happened they fell through and he
couldn't support the full team. I was last in, so I was first out.

It is called business.

--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
Homepage: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

Ken
October 1st 06, 07:04 PM
"Elder" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >, says...
>>If you believe everything you read on uselessnet, then it would seem you
>>are
>>just as sad as bunt and firth..............
> I haven't read anything about you.
> Infact until you turned up hear, you were someone so insignificant I had
> never heard of you.
>
>>By the way werent you posting that you had been sacked a couple of weeks
>>back?
> I was made redundant. Bit different. Guy I was working for didn't get
> some contracts he was expecting. He had added me to the team because he
> was 90% sure they were signed. As it happened they fell through and he
> couldn't support the full team. I was last in, so I was first out.
>
> It is called business.
>
> --
> Carl Robson
> Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
> Homepage: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

Still no job though eh? Shame you dont have the skills needed to work for
yourself.

Elder
October 1st 06, 07:13 PM
In article >, says...

>"Elder" > wrote in message
.. .
>> In article >, says...
>>>If you believe everything you read on uselessnet, then it would seem you
>>>are
>>>just as sad as bunt and firth..............
>> I haven't read anything about you.
>> Infact until you turned up hear, you were someone so insignificant I had
>> never heard of you.
>>
>>>By the way werent you posting that you had been sacked a couple of weeks
>>>back?
>> I was made redundant. Bit different. Guy I was working for didn't get
>> some contracts he was expecting. He had added me to the team because he
>> was 90% sure they were signed. As it happened they fell through and he
>> couldn't support the full team. I was last in, so I was first out.
>>
>> It is called business.
>>
>> --
>> Carl Robson
>> Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
>> Homepage: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com
>
>Still no job though eh? Shame you dont have the skills needed to work for
>yourself.

Without starting out with major debts, I don't have the startup capital
required for the businesses I would have in mind. Between £500,000 and
£1m should secure the premises and staff. Care to invest. I would give
you 30% of the company. My ideas are worth much more than the remaining
70%, but I'm feeling generous.

--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
Homepage: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

Ken
October 1st 06, 07:17 PM
"Elder" > wrote in message
.. .
In article >, says...

>"Elder" > wrote in message
.. .
>> In article >, says...
>>>If you believe everything you read on uselessnet, then it would seem you
>>>are
>>>just as sad as bunt and firth..............
>> I haven't read anything about you.
>> Infact until you turned up hear, you were someone so insignificant I had
>> never heard of you.
>>
>>>By the way werent you posting that you had been sacked a couple of weeks
>>>back?
>> I was made redundant. Bit different. Guy I was working for didn't get
>> some contracts he was expecting. He had added me to the team because he
>> was 90% sure they were signed. As it happened they fell through and he
>> couldn't support the full team. I was last in, so I was first out.
>>
>> It is called business.
>>
>> --
>> Carl Robson
>> Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
>> Homepage: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com
>
>Still no job though eh? Shame you dont have the skills needed to work for
>yourself.

Without starting out with major debts, I don't have the startup capital
required for the businesses I would have in mind. Between £500,000 and
£1m should secure the premises and staff. Care to invest. I would give
you 30% of the company. My ideas are worth much more than the remaining
70%, but I'm feeling generous.

--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
Homepage: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

As I said you dont have the skills or experience to start your own
business................

Adrian
October 1st 06, 07:24 PM
Elder ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

>>Still no job though eh? Shame you dont have the skills needed to work
>>for yourself.

> Without starting out with major debts, I don't have the startup
> capital required for the businesses I would have in mind.

If the idea's strong enough, then you should have no problem securing
investment with a good enough business plan.

> Between £500,000 and £1m should secure the premises and staff.

In the first year, presumably? You *sure* it needs to be that big that
early? When do you project the first income would arrive?

SteveH
October 1st 06, 07:29 PM
Ken > wrote:

> >>By the way werent you posting that you had been sacked a couple of weeks
> >>back?
> > I was made redundant. Bit different. Guy I was working for didn't get
> > some contracts he was expecting. He had added me to the team because he
> > was 90% sure they were signed. As it happened they fell through and he
> > couldn't support the full team. I was last in, so I was first out.
> >
> > It is called business.

> Still no job though eh? Shame you dont have the skills needed to work for
> yourself.

As opposed to you, Ken, who appears to have gone bust due to a total
lack of people skills.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL

Bully
October 1st 06, 07:31 PM
SteveH wrote:
> Any tips for getting skinny legs to not be so anymore?
>
> I've been working out for about 3 months now - I see fair gain in
> strength
> but none in size. I try and do leg exercises twice a week - three
> sets (8
> to 10 reps) of the following: leg press, calf raises, leg extension,
> and leg
> curls (hamstring). I go for heavy weights and don't have another rep
> left
> in me by the time I finish my last set.

> Steve

Mark Conversation As Read.

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Elder
October 1st 06, 07:36 PM
In article 70>,
says...
>Elder ) gurgled happily, sounding much
>like they were saying :
>
>>>Still no job though eh? Shame you dont have the skills needed to work
>>>for yourself.
>
>> Without starting out with major debts, I don't have the startup
>> capital required for the businesses I would have in mind.
>
>If the idea's strong enough, then you should have no problem securing
>investment with a good enough business plan.

Just seeing if Ken is as prosperous as he claims.
unfortunatley, without the necessary patents, or a good lawyer writing
the NDAs I wouldn't be able tell anyone what the idea is anyway.

--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
Homepage: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

Elder
October 1st 06, 07:38 PM
In article >, says...
>As I said you dont have the skills or experience to start your own
>business................

I have the skills and knowledge, but I do lack the experience.

How ****ing stupid do you have to be to think you can have experience of
running your own business, until you have run your own business?
If you were required to have experience of running your own business,
before you could run your own business, no new business would set up.
Ever.
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
Homepage: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

Bear
October 1st 06, 08:14 PM
Hi

Just like to say thanks for entertaining me over the past couple of days.

But you've now lost me! I was hoping to join Firth's gang because his dad is
bigger, but Conor seems to be cock 'o' north.

Then again I feel sorry for SteveH having his dinner money pinched and that
Ken picks on him everyday! And seems to pick on anybody who say's hi!

Give it a rest! It's now boring!!

Nothing is going to come of it, other than making yourselves look like
****s! Ken is not going to see Firth after school and vise versa. And Steve
H will always be the kid that never gets picked for the football team.

So fall out OL instead of making your playground arguments public.

Nigel

AstraVanMan
October 1st 06, 09:09 PM
"Elder" > wrote:
>Still no job though eh? Shame you dont have the skills needed to work for
>yourself.

<<Without starting out with major debts, I don't have the startup capital
required for the businesses I would have in mind. Between £500,000 and
£1m should secure the premises and staff. Care to invest. I would give
you 30% of the company. My ideas are worth much more than the remaining
70%, but I'm feeling generous.>>

What is this, Dragons' Den or something? :-)

--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

AstraVanMan
October 1st 06, 09:11 PM
"Adrian" > wrote:
>>>Still no job though eh? Shame you dont have the skills needed to work
>>>for yourself.
>
>> Without starting out with major debts, I don't have the startup
>> capital required for the businesses I would have in mind.
>
> If the idea's strong enough, then you should have no problem securing
> investment with a good enough business plan.
>
>> Between £500,000 and £1m should secure the premises and staff.
>
> In the first year, presumably? You *sure* it needs to be that big that
> early? When do you project the first income would arrive?

I dunno, but it sounds all a bit wishy-washy and dreamy to me. On that
note, I'm declaring myself out.

--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Steve Firth
October 1st 06, 10:06 PM
On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 06:42:48 +0100, Ken wrote:

> Post your home address and I will be round tonight.

I don't need to post my home address you told the world that you already
know my home address. You also told the world you don't tell lies.

Marvin
October 1st 06, 10:26 PM
SteveH wrote:
> Any tips for getting skinny legs to not be so anymore?
>
> I've been working out for about 3 months now - I see fair gain in
> strength
> but none in size. I try and do leg exercises twice a week - three sets
> (8
> to 10 reps) of the following: leg press, calf raises, leg extension,
> and leg
> curls (hamstring). I go for heavy weights and don't have another rep
> left
> in me by the time I finish my last set.

Squats.

Ken
October 1st 06, 11:11 PM
"SteveH" > wrote in message

>> > I was made redundant. Bit different. Guy I was working for didn't get
>> > some contracts he was expecting. He had added me to the team because he
>> > was 90% sure they were signed. As it happened they fell through and he
>> > couldn't support the full team. I was last in, so I was first out.
>> >
>> > It is called business.
>
>> Still no job though eh? Shame you dont have the skills needed to work for
>> yourself.
>
> As opposed to you, Ken, who appears to have gone bust due to a total
> lack of people skills.
> --
> Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'
> www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200 - Alfa 75 TSpark
> Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL
> BoTAFOT #87 - BoTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #

If you believe all you read on here then you are from the same mould as that
sad loser j bunt..................

Tunku
October 1st 06, 11:23 PM
Marvin > wrote in
:

> Squats.

Have you got up yet? ;-)

--
Tunku

"end user" v. A command regrettably not implemented in most systems.

Robert Schuh
October 2nd 06, 06:18 AM

Why are you posting this in so many newsgroups? You are a ****ing asshole.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh
October 2nd 06, 06:20 AM

Why are you ASSHOLES posting this childish bull**** in MFW? **** off.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Conor
October 2nd 06, 11:32 AM
In article >, Robert Schuh says...
> Steve Firth wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 00:43:45 GMT, Sandy Nuts wrote:
> >
> > > I wish I was in Firth's position. I'd love to take up the opportunity to
> > > meet you. I swear to God I'd fold you like last weeks laundry.
> >
> > Nobody will get to meet him. He's done this over and over again. Whenver it
> > comes to the crunch, he runs away, pussy-whipped (again). He won't even
> > turn up to meet an old crock of a retired sailor, so he's never going to
> > show for anyone younger and fitter than him.
> >
> > Nice jacket Ken, do they all come in that shade of yeller?
>
> Why are you ASSHOLES posting this childish bull**** in MFW? **** off.

Sorry mate..it's spilled over from uk.rec.cars.maintenance. Blame
****wit Ken.

--
Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, £2.50 just for signing up:
http://www.TopCashBack.co.uk/Conor/ref/index.htm

Bully
October 2nd 06, 01:51 PM
Conor wrote:
> In article >, Robert Schuh says...
>> Steve Firth wrote:

>>> Nobody will get to meet him. He's done this over and over again.
>>> Whenver it comes to the crunch, he runs away, pussy-whipped
>>> (again). He won't even turn up to meet an old crock of a retired
>>> sailor, so he's never going to show for anyone younger and fitter
>>> than him.
>>>
>>> Nice jacket Ken, do they all come in that shade of yeller?
>>
>> Why are you ASSHOLES posting this childish bull**** in MFW? **** off.
>>
> Sorry mate..it's spilled over from uk.rec.cars.maintenance. Blame
> ****wit Ken.

So, while we have your attention: why does my battery light come on when I
rev my car high [pardon the crap English].

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Pete M
October 2nd 06, 02:00 PM
In ,
Bully > wittered on forthwith;
> Conor wrote:

>>> Why are you ASSHOLES posting this childish bull**** in MFW? ****
>>> off.
>> Sorry mate..it's spilled over from uk.rec.cars.maintenance. Blame
>> ****wit Ken.
>
> So, while we have your attention: why does my battery light come on
> when I rev my car high [pardon the crap English].

alternator is probably shagged. Check the belt tension is tight.

--
Pete M - Using the Scouse Side of the Force -
Range Rover Vogue EFI

"Stay calm. Stay calm. I'm a relatively respectable citizen -- a multiple
felon, perhaps, but certainly not dangerous."

Conor
October 2nd 06, 02:25 PM
In article >, Bully says...
> Conor wrote:

> >> Why are you ASSHOLES posting this childish bull**** in MFW? **** off.
> >>
> > Sorry mate..it's spilled over from uk.rec.cars.maintenance. Blame
> > ****wit Ken.
>
> So, while we have your attention: why does my battery light come on when I
> rev my car high [pardon the crap English].

Alternator is knackered. Usually the voltage regulator or brushes. Can
be repaired but you can buy a recon for not much more.

--
Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, £2.50 just for signing up:
http://www.TopCashBack.co.uk/Conor/ref/index.htm

Bully
October 2nd 06, 02:37 PM
Pete M wrote:
> In ,
> Bully > wittered on forthwith;
>> Conor wrote:
>>> In article >, Robert Schuh
>>> says...

>>> Sorry mate..it's spilled over from uk.rec.cars.maintenance. Blame
>>> ****wit Ken.
>>
>> So, while we have your attention: why does my battery light come on
>> when I rev my car high [pardon the crap English].
>
> alternator is probably shagged. Check the belt tension is tight.

The fan belt? What happens if I carry on driving w/shagged alternator?

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Bully
October 2nd 06, 02:48 PM
Conor wrote:
> In article >, Bully says...
>> Conor wrote:
>>> In article >, Robert Schuh
>>> says...

>>> Sorry mate..it's spilled over from uk.rec.cars.maintenance. Blame
>>> ****wit Ken.
>>
>> So, while we have your attention: why does my battery light come on
>> when I rev my car high [pardon the crap English].
>>
> Alternator is knackered. Usually the voltage regulator or brushes. Can
> be repaired but you can buy a recon for not much more.

Any idea how much for a Ford Cougar?

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Duncan Wood
October 2nd 06, 02:48 PM
On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:37:18 +0100, Bully > wrote:

> Pete M wrote:
>> In ,
>> Bully > wittered on forthwith;

>>> So, while we have your attention: why does my battery light come on
>>> when I rev my car high [pardon the crap English].
>>
>> alternator is probably shagged. Check the belt tension is tight.
>
> The fan belt? What happens if I carry on driving w/shagged alternator?

Eventually your car won't start. Probably when it's raining :-)

Sandy Nuts
October 2nd 06, 03:33 PM
"Bully" > wrote in message

>> Alternator is knackered. Usually the voltage regulator or brushes. Can
>> be repaired but you can buy a recon for not much more.
>
> Any idea how much for a Ford Cougar?

Pennies. Get one from a scrap yard. The Cougar shares the same 2.0 Zetec and
2.5 Duratec V6 as the Mk1/2 Mondeo.

Elder
October 2nd 06, 03:34 PM
In article <[email protected]>, says...
>On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:37:18 +0100, Bully > wrote:
>
>> Pete M wrote:
>>> In ,
>>> Bully > wittered on forthwith;

>>> alternator is probably shagged. Check the belt tension is tight.
>>
>> The fan belt? What happens if I carry on driving w/shagged alternator?
>>

>Eventually your car won't start. Probably when it's raining :-)

And dark, and 150miles from the nearest street light.
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest
Homepage: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

AstraVanMan
October 2nd 06, 05:23 PM
"Elder" > wrote:

>>> The fan belt? What happens if I carry on driving w/shagged alternator?
>>>

>>Eventually your car won't start. Probably when it's raining :-)
>>
> And dark, and 150miles from the nearest street light.

And in an area with no mobile phone reception.

--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Mike
October 2nd 06, 05:49 PM
"AstraVanMan" > wrote in message

>>>Eventually your car won't start. Probably when it's raining :-)
>>>
>> And dark, and 150miles from the nearest street light.
>
> And in an area with no mobile phone reception.
>
> --
And you stopped/stalled because you are out of petrol :-((

Bully
October 2nd 06, 06:30 PM
Mike wrote:
> "AstraVanMan" > wrote in
> message ...

>>> And dark, and 150miles from the nearest street light.
>>
>> And in an area with no mobile phone reception.
>>
>> --
> And you stopped/stalled because you are out of petrol :-((

Apart from that :) ?

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Bully
October 2nd 06, 06:31 PM
Sandy Nuts wrote:
> "Bully" > wrote in message
>
>>> Alternator is knackered. Usually the voltage regulator or brushes.
>>> Can be repaired but you can buy a recon for not much more.
>>
>> Any idea how much for a Ford Cougar?
>
> Pennies. Get one from a scrap yard. The Cougar shares the same 2.0
> Zetec and 2.5 Duratec V6 as the Mk1/2 Mondeo.

OK. Sounds simple enough, thanks!

BTW: while you're listening, anything I can do to give it a bit more oomph?

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

PC Paul
October 2nd 06, 07:40 PM
Bully wrote:
> Mike wrote:
>> "AstraVanMan" > wrote in
>> message ...

>>> And in an area with no mobile phone reception.
>>>
>>> --
>> And you stopped/stalled because you are out of petrol :-((
>
> Apart from that :) ?

Mind you, pushing it home will do wonders for those skinny legs of yours...

Duncan Wood
October 2nd 06, 07:50 PM
On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 18:31:40 +0100, Bully > wrote:

> Sandy Nuts wrote:

>>> Any idea how much for a Ford Cougar?
>>
>> Pennies. Get one from a scrap yard. The Cougar shares the same 2.0
>> Zetec and 2.5 Duratec V6 as the Mk1/2 Mondeo.
>
> OK. Sounds simple enough, thanks!
>
> BTW: while you're listening, anything I can do to give it a bit more
> oomph?

Nitrous Oxide

Pete M
October 2nd 06, 08:01 PM
In .uk,
Sandy Nuts > wittered on forthwith;
> "Bully" > wrote in message
>
>>> Alternator is knackered. Usually the voltage regulator or brushes.
>>> Can be repaired but you can buy a recon for not much more.
>>
>> Any idea how much for a Ford Cougar?
>
> Pennies. Get one from a scrap yard. The Cougar shares the same 2.0
> Zetec and 2.5 Duratec V6 as the Mk1/2 Mondeo.

You ever changed the alternator on a Mondeo???

******* things to do...

--
Pete M - Using the Scouse Side of the Force -
Range Rover Vogue EFI
CitroŽn Xantia SX TD
OMF#9

"Stay calm. Stay calm. I'm a relatively respectable citizen -- a multiple
felon, perhaps, but certainly not dangerous."

Conor
October 2nd 06, 08:10 PM
In article >, Bully says...

> > alternator is probably shagged. Check the belt tension is tight.
>
> The fan belt? What happens if I carry on driving w/shagged alternator?

Your battery will go flat eventually.

--
Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, £2.50 just for signing up:
http://www.TopCashBack.co.uk/Conor/ref/index.htm

Sandy Nuts
October 2nd 06, 08:15 PM
"Pete M" k> wrote in
message . uk...
> In .uk,
> Sandy Nuts > wittered on forthwith;

>>> Any idea how much for a Ford Cougar?
>>
>> Pennies. Get one from a scrap yard. The Cougar shares the same 2.0
>> Zetec and 2.5 Duratec V6 as the Mk1/2 Mondeo.
>
> You ever changed the alternator on a Mondeo???
>
> ******* things to do...

Can't say I have. I just know they share the same oily bits :-)

Sandy Nuts
October 2nd 06, 08:18 PM
"Bully" > wrote in message
> Sandy Nuts wrote:

>>> Any idea how much for a Ford Cougar?
>>
>> Pennies. Get one from a scrap yard. The Cougar shares the same 2.0
>> Zetec and 2.5 Duratec V6 as the Mk1/2 Mondeo.
>
> OK. Sounds simple enough, thanks!
>
> BTW: while you're listening, anything I can do to give it a bit more
> oomph?

If it's the 2.0 Zetec, then there's the option of throttle bodies (probably
cost upwards of 2 grand). That, combined with a nice free flowing exhaust
will see it just shy of 200bhp.

Cheaper would be to dump in the 2.5 V6 from the Mondeo or another Cougar.
Fantastic engines, and with the ST200 upper/lower inlets, throttle body and
management will be, again, just shy of 200bhp. The ST200 engine (SEB)
engines has a slightly higher compression ratio, so the standard SEA 170bhp
one won't ever make exactly the same power.

misanthropic_curmudgeon
October 2nd 06, 09:09 PM
SteveH wrote:

> I try and do leg exercises twice a week - three sets
> (8 to 10 reps) of the following: leg press, calf raises,
> leg extension, and leg curls (hamstring).

I see you do not train legs.

Train legs.

Bully
October 3rd 06, 06:37 AM
Sandy Nuts wrote:
> "Bully" > wrote in message
>> Sandy Nuts wrote:

>>> Pennies. Get one from a scrap yard. The Cougar shares the same 2.0
>>> Zetec and 2.5 Duratec V6 as the Mk1/2 Mondeo.
>>
>> OK. Sounds simple enough, thanks!
>>
>> BTW: while you're listening, anything I can do to give it a bit more
>> oomph?
>
> If it's the 2.0 Zetec, then there's the option of throttle bodies
> (probably cost upwards of 2 grand). That, combined with a nice free
> flowing exhaust will see it just shy of 200bhp.
>
> Cheaper would be to dump in the 2.5 V6 from the Mondeo or another
> Cougar. Fantastic engines, and with the ST200 upper/lower inlets,
> throttle body and management will be, again, just shy of 200bhp. The
> ST200 engine (SEB) engines has a slightly higher compression ratio,
> so the standard SEA 170bhp one won't ever make exactly the same power.

It's actually the 2.5 V6 engine that's fitted.

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

PC Paul
October 3rd 06, 06:58 PM
Bully wrote:
> Sandy Nuts wrote:
>>>
>>> BTW: while you're listening, anything I can do to give it a bit more
>>> oomph?
>>
>> If it's the 2.0 Zetec, then there's the option of throttle bodies
>> (probably cost upwards of 2 grand). That, combined with a nice free
>> flowing exhaust will see it just shy of 200bhp.
>>
>> Cheaper would be to dump in the 2.5 V6 from the Mondeo or another
>> Cougar. Fantastic engines, and with the ST200 upper/lower inlets,
>> throttle body and management will be, again, just shy of 200bhp. The
>> ST200 engine (SEB) engines has a slightly higher compression ratio,
>> so the standard SEA 170bhp one won't ever make exactly the same
>> power.
>
> It's actually the 2.5 V6 engine that's fitted.

In that case it must be a deficiency elsewhere that you really need to get
sorted out.

The 2.5 V6 is plenty, really, for UK roads.

Sandy Nuts
October 3rd 06, 09:26 PM
"PC Paul" > wrote in message
k...

>> It's actually the 2.5 V6 engine that's fitted.
>
> In that case it must be a deficiency elsewhere that you really need to get
> sorted out.
>
> The 2.5 V6 is plenty, really, for UK roads.

Not really. 0-62 in 8.2 seconds doesn't exactly tear the arse cheeks off.
ST200 spec should shave a good half second off that, with some appreciable
torque increases through the range.

PC Paul
October 3rd 06, 10:05 PM
Sandy Nuts wrote:
> "PC Paul" > wrote in message
> k...
>
>>> It's actually the 2.5 V6 engine that's fitted.
>>
>> In that case it must be a deficiency elsewhere that you really need
>> to get sorted out.
>>
>> The 2.5 V6 is plenty, really, for UK roads.
>
> Not really. 0-62 in 8.2 seconds doesn't exactly tear the arse cheeks
> off. ST200 spec should shave a good half second off that, with some
> appreciable torque increases through the range.

Good grief. Must be a lardy beast.

My Carlton GSi wasn't exactly a lightweight but 200bhp got it from 0-60 in
under 7 seconds (when new <G>)

I take it back. Get a decent car.

Sandy Nuts
October 3rd 06, 10:09 PM
"PC Paul" > wrote in message
k...

>>> The 2.5 V6 is plenty, really, for UK roads.
>>
>> Not really. 0-62 in 8.2 seconds doesn't exactly tear the arse cheeks
>> off. ST200 spec should shave a good half second off that, with some
>> appreciable torque increases through the range.
>
> Good grief. Must be a lardy beast.

It is. Most newer cars are. This particular one is based on the Mondeo
chassis, with leather, air con, all the tricks really in the Cougar.

> My Carlton GSi wasn't exactly a lightweight but 200bhp got it from 0-60 in
> under 7 seconds (when new <G>)

And you think the 3.0 Omega (which superceded the Carlton) would do the
same?

> I take it back. Get a decent car.

Lordy.UK
October 3rd 06, 10:11 PM
> > It's actually the 2.5 V6 engine that's fitted.
>
> In that case it must be a deficiency elsewhere that you really
> need to get sorted out.
>
> The 2.5 V6 is plenty, really, for UK roads.

Plenty enough for what ?
To put you to sleep behind the wheel waiting for the car to move ?

--
Lordy.UK

PC Paul
October 3rd 06, 10:40 PM
Sandy Nuts wrote:
> "PC Paul" > wrote in message
> k...

>>> Not really. 0-62 in 8.2 seconds doesn't exactly tear the arse cheeks
>>> off. ST200 spec should shave a good half second off that, with some
>>> appreciable torque increases through the range.
>>
>> Good grief. Must be a lardy beast.
>
> It is. Most newer cars are. This particular one is based on the Mondeo
> chassis, with leather, air con, all the tricks really in the Cougar.

You'd think something with a 'sporty' image (yes, even a Cougar) would
manage to slim down *a bit*.

>> My Carlton GSi wasn't exactly a lightweight but 200bhp got it from
>> 0-60 in under 7 seconds (when new <G>)
>
> And you think the 3.0 Omega (which superceded the Carlton) would do
> the same?

Nah, they were crap ;-)

>> I take it back. Get a decent car.

Sandy Nuts
October 4th 06, 01:12 AM
"PC Paul" > wrote in message
k...

>> It is. Most newer cars are. This particular one is based on the Mondeo
>> chassis, with leather, air con, all the tricks really in the Cougar.
>
> You'd think something with a 'sporty' image (yes, even a Cougar) would
> manage to slim down *a bit*.

Not really. It's not a sports car.

Bully
October 4th 06, 06:46 AM
Lordy.UK wrote:
>>> It's actually the 2.5 V6 engine that's fitted.
>>
>> In that case it must be a deficiency elsewhere that you really
>> need to get sorted out.
>>
>> The 2.5 V6 is plenty, really, for UK roads.
>
> Plenty enough for what ?
> To put you to sleep behind the wheel waiting for the car to move ?

It's a bit sluggish off the mark, but there is a nice sort of power band at
about 5 1/2k [can a 4 stroke have a power band?]...

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Sandy Nuts
October 4th 06, 02:17 PM
"Bully" > wrote in message

>>> In that case it must be a deficiency elsewhere that you really
>>> need to get sorted out.
>>>
>>> The 2.5 V6 is plenty, really, for UK roads.
>>
>> Plenty enough for what ?
>> To put you to sleep behind the wheel waiting for the car to move ?
>
> It's a bit sluggish off the mark, but there is a nice sort of power band
> at about 5 1/2k [can a 4 stroke have a power band?]...

Of course, all engines have a power band. All engines will create more power
at a certain RPM than another, so a band represents the power delivery of
that specific engine.

rick++
October 4th 06, 03:29 PM
I have the opposite problem.
My calves seem to grow three inches just
walking up the stairs. Then I cant get much
chast or arm growth with lots of effort.
Gotta sue my ancestors!

Bully
October 4th 06, 04:00 PM
rick++ wrote:
> I have the opposite problem.
> My calves seem to grow three inches just
> walking up the stairs. Then I cant get much
> chast or arm growth with lots of effort.
> Gotta sue my ancestors!

Ah, my wife has acquaintances similar to that. They only have to look at a
cream cake and they put half a stone on !

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Guy King
October 4th 06, 04:26 PM
The message >
from "Bully" > contains these words:

> Ah, my wife has acquaintances similar to that. They only have to look at a
> cream cake and they put half a stone on !

I don't eat chocolate, I find it more efficient to just strap the bars
round my waist.

--
Skipweasel

AstraVanMan
October 4th 06, 05:21 PM
"Sandy Nuts" > wrote:
>> My Carlton GSi wasn't exactly a lightweight but 200bhp got it from 0-60
>> in under 7 seconds (when new <G>)
>
> And you think the 3.0 Omega (which superceded the Carlton) would do the
> same?

I doubt it. I remember reading that the Omega MV6 (the so-called 'sporty'
one) had a 0-60 time of something like 8.2 seconds. Don't know if that was
the 3 litre or 3.2, mind, but it's still ****e.

--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Lordy.UK
October 4th 06, 06:21 PM

> >> In that case it must be a deficiency elsewhere that you really
> >> need to get sorted out.
> >>
> >> The 2.5 V6 is plenty, really, for UK roads.
> >
> > Plenty enough for what ?
> > To put you to sleep behind the wheel waiting for the car to move ?
>
> It's a bit sluggish off the mark, but there is a nice sort of
> power band at about 5 1/2k [can a 4 stroke have a power band?]...

I suppose it could appear so if your previous car was a 1.8 Mondeo or
something similar... :)

--
Lordy.UK

Lordy.UK
October 4th 06, 06:22 PM
> >> My Carlton GSi wasn't exactly a lightweight but 200bhp got it from 0-60
> >> in under 7 seconds (when new <G>)
> >
> > And you think the 3.0 Omega (which superceded the Carlton) would do the
> > same?
>
> I doubt it. I remember reading that the Omega MV6 (the so-called
> 'sporty' one) had a 0-60 time of something like 8.2 seconds.
> Don't know if that was the 3 litre or 3.2, mind, but it's still ****e.

It's not /that/ far behind the Carlton though - as this talk about a
GSi3000 doing 60mph in under seven seconds is complete and utter
********.

--
Lordy.UK