PDA

View Full Version : Influence

David
October 1st 06, 09:44 AM
Just curious if any of you would like to nominate any person living or dead
who has been a major influence in your life.
I would choose Bear Bryant.

Charles
October 1st 06, 09:52 AM
On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:44:18 +1000, "David" >
wrote:

>Just curious if any of you would like to nominate any person living or dead
>who has been a major influence in your life.
>I would choose Bear Bryant.

Will Brink

He is without doubt the most unintentionally funny man I have never
known, who has introduced me to a whole new variant of humour.

John Williams

For teaching me so much about "trolling" and other cybernet skills!

David
October 1st 06, 09:58 AM
"Charles" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:44:18 +1000, "David" >
> wrote:
>
>>Just curious if any of you would like to nominate any person living or
>>dead
>>who has been a major influence in your life.
>>I would choose Bear Bryant.
>>

> Will Brink
>
> He is without doubt the most unintentionally funny man I have never
> known, who has introduced me to a whole new variant of humour.
>
> John Williams
>
> For teaching me so much about "trolling" and other cybernet skills!

You failed to mention Lee Michaels - an inspiration to avoid mediocrity
wherever possible

Charles
October 1st 06, 10:10 AM
On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:58:05 +1000, "David" >
wrote:

>"Charles" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:44:18 +1000, "David" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Just curious if any of you would like to nominate any person living or
>>>dead
>>>who has been a major influence in your life.
>>>I would choose Bear Bryant.
>>>

>> Will Brink
>>
>> He is without doubt the most unintentionally funny man I have never
>> known, who has introduced me to a whole new variant of humour.
>>
>> John Williams
>>
>> For teaching me so much about "trolling" and other cybernet skills!
>
>You failed to mention Lee Michaels - an inspiration to avoid mediocrity
>wherever possible

Sadly, dear old Lee appears to have lost his 'sparkle' and no longer
looms large in the mind.

However, I am grateful to him for his contributions in the Will Brink
style of humour. His puppy-like devotion to those he admired was
endearing.

Bully
October 1st 06, 07:32 PM
David wrote:
> Just curious if any of you would like to nominate any person living
> or dead who has been a major influence in your life.
> I would choose Bear Bryant.

Chris.

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss