PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler wins Mr. Olympia 2006


Lester Long
October 1st 06, 12:56 PM
Top 10 were:

Jay Cutler
Ronnie Coleman
Victor Martinez
Dexter Jackson
Melvin Anthony
Gustavo Badell
Toney Freeman
Marcus Ruhl
Dennis James
Gunter Schlierkamp

http://www.ifbb.com/ifbbpro/2006events/2006olympia.htm

http://mr-olympia-2006.ronnie.cz/callouts/

OmManiPadmeOmelet
October 1st 06, 04:26 PM
In article et>,
"Lester Long" > wrote:

> Jay Cutler
> Ronnie Coleman

OMG! They broke tradition! :-)

Must have wanted to sell more tickets to next years Olympia.

'bout damned time they woke up!
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack Nicholson

October 1st 06, 04:45 PM
i wasn't convinced 'til i saw the rear double biceps comparison.

it was a tough call, i'm sure.

OmManiPadmeOmelet
October 1st 06, 04:54 PM
In article . com>,
wrote:

> i wasn't convinced 'til i saw the rear double biceps comparison.
>
> it was a tough call, i'm sure.

Looks like Ronnie missed his peak.
Jay was more cut, especially in the legs.
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack Nicholson

Curt James
October 1st 06, 05:07 PM
wrote:
> i wasn't convinced 'til i saw the rear double biceps comparison.
>
> it was a tough call, i'm sure.

You mean from the cz link or were you there? I was surprised when I
looked at the comparisons courtesy of cz.
http://mr-olympia-2006.ronnie.cz/callouts/

Thanks, again, to Lester Long for posting that link.

--
Curt

Curt James
October 1st 06, 05:16 PM
Lester Long wrote:
> Top 10 were:
>
> Jay Cutler
> Ronnie Coleman
> Victor Martinez
> Dexter Jackson
> Melvin Anthony
> Gustavo Badell
> Toney Freeman
> Marcus Ruhl
> Dennis James
> Gunter Schlierkamp
>
> http://www.ifbb.com/ifbbpro/2006events/2006olympia.htm
>
> http://mr-olympia-2006.ronnie.cz/callouts/

Thank you for the ronnie.cz link. I'm just about through each of the
Coleman-Cutler comparison images. I'm happy for Jay, of course.

I'm almost certain it was Arnold who offered his viewpoint on judging
in a simple question: Who would you rather look like?

The cz link is awesome, however it gives a false appearance or
impression when it comes to the height comparison. Given their current
set up, Arnold would be shown as the same height as Franco.

Looking at Coleman versus Cutler on back double biceps and it's amazing
to me that Cutler looks more impressive. I thought Ronnie would have
that comparison locked up.

Likewise the back lat spread. Once again, Cutler's shot looks better,
but I fault the photographer or whoever chose Ronnie's jpeg or image
for the website - he hadn't completed his pose. It was a transitional
position just short of full lat spread. A tiny (okay, hyooog since it's
Coleman's back) distinction, but it's not an accurate comparison shot
between Jay and Ronnie for that pose, imo.

Check out Ruhl's side chest. Markus is looking full, vascular, and
vacuum-packed!

And check out Victor Martinez versus Vince Taylor in the front lat
spread. Come ON! Who would you rather look like? It's all Vince.

A judge has a thankless job.

Well, unless you're Jay Cutler this year!

I hope Coleman's taking it well. Never liked Cutler's "Uncrowned Mr.
Olympia" commentary, but I won't necessarily blame him for that
strategy. Magazines, newspaper, television, etc. are all often driven
by controversy and I'm sure Cutler has a team of marketing people as
well as the bodybuilding press steering how he's presented.

Congratulations to the new Mr. Olympia!

--
Curt

Sid
October 1st 06, 05:24 PM
I'd have given the edge to Ronny. He's much more vascular.

October 1st 06, 05:33 PM
i wanted to see phil heath. whatever happened to phil heath?

Curt James
October 1st 06, 05:43 PM
Sid wrote:
> I'd have given the edge to Ronny. He's much more vascular.

True.

But I'm happy with Cutler as it is a change. He looked impressive.

Still, it's a damn shame from the perspective of NINE CONSECUTIVE WINS
flushed down the toilet. No one will ever get nine consecutive. Sure,
it's stupid to make that claim, but who does that? Who has the ability
to come in and dominate for nearly a decade? No one.

....

Not even Ronnie apparently. It's truly a shame from that perspective.
I'm REALLY looking forward to reading what the writers have to say
about this.

Om mentioned selling more tickets for next year and I fell prey to the
idea that Ronnie was automatically going to be named the winner. I
wonder if Ronnie will compete next year? Arnold had his 1980 return to
competition, but he wasn't unseated as Ronnie was this year. This has
GOT to be disheartening for Coleman.

Duh, huh? Yup. I'm really going out on a limb with that comment.

And where was Phil Heath? I know Priest got suspended for the PDI
contest, but I thought Heath was on the list of competitors.
http://www.phillipheath.com/

--
Curt

October 1st 06, 05:55 PM
Sid wrote:
> I'd have given the edge to Ronny. He's much more vascular.

cutler does look smooth relative to ronnie, at least in some pics.
but, we all know these guys were shrink-wrapped on stage, so i'm sure
it's difficult to really tell from a pic how they looked. being there
could have made all the difference.

October 1st 06, 05:57 PM
Curt James wrote:
>
> Still, it's a damn shame from the perspective of NINE CONSECUTIVE WINS
> flushed down the toilet. No one will ever get nine consecutive.

doesn't matter. arnold will always be the greatest olympia champion.
period. i think ronnie should've lost years ago, but the ifbb sure
does like to give consecutive wins.

hopefully this will end near decade-long olympia reigns.

Curt James
October 1st 06, 06:01 PM
wrote:
> i wanted to see phil heath. whatever happened to phil heath?

With all the buzz and praise for the guy and the fact that he was
listed as a competitor, that's a reasonable question. No answer here,
but I posted his website link elsewhere in this thread. Here it is
again - http://www.phillipheath.com/ There's this following Heath quote
displayed on his website: "I'll be taking some time off to rest and
train for next March. I plan on competing in the 2007 Arnold Classic."

But back to the competitors who were there...

Did you see Ronnie in the following gallery?

http://mr-olympia-2006.ronnie.cz/c-2915-mr.-olympia-2006-ronnie-coleman.html


The final score was 22 to 38 and the judges had Cutler in the lead
during all three rounds.

A picture says a thousand words? See:
http://www.ronnie.cz/_img/Fotogalerie/2919_2_1.jpg

--
Curt

alveena
October 1st 06, 06:24 PM
please send my website www.kafeelahmad.com and click on rudraksh
advertisement

thanks
Lester Long wrote:
> Top 10 were:
>
> Jay Cutler
> Ronnie Coleman
> Victor Martinez
> Dexter Jackson
> Melvin Anthony
> Gustavo Badell
> Toney Freeman
> Marcus Ruhl
> Dennis James
> Gunter Schlierkamp
>
> http://www.ifbb.com/ifbbpro/2006events/2006olympia.htm
>
> http://mr-olympia-2006.ronnie.cz/callouts/

Will Brink
October 1st 06, 06:49 PM
In article >,
OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

> In article et>,
> "Lester Long" > wrote:
>
> > Jay Cutler
> > Ronnie Coleman
>
> OMG! They broke tradition! :-)
>
> Must have wanted to sell more tickets to next years Olympia.

And sell more mags and supps with a big white Mr O who can actually speak well.


>
> 'bout damned time they woke up!

Bully
October 1st 06, 07:34 PM
Curt James wrote:
> Sid wrote:
>> I'd have given the edge to Ronny. He's much more vascular.
>
> True.
>
> But I'm happy with Cutler as it is a change. He looked impressive.
>
> Still, it's a damn shame from the perspective of NINE CONSECUTIVE WINS
> flushed down the toilet. No one will ever get nine consecutive. Sure,
> it's stupid to make that claim, but who does that? Who has the ability
> to come in and dominate for nearly a decade? No one.
>

Wasn't that what they said after Dorian got x (7/8?) wins?

--
Bully
Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board
October 1st 06, 07:51 PM
Bully wrote:
> Curt James wrote:
> > Sid wrote:
> >> I'd have given the edge to Ronny. He's much more vascular.
> >
> > True.
> >
> > But I'm happy with Cutler as it is a change. He looked impressive.
> >
> > Still, it's a damn shame from the perspective of NINE CONSECUTIVE WINS
> > flushed down the toilet. No one will ever get nine consecutive. Sure,
> > it's stupid to make that claim, but who does that? Who has the ability
> > to come in and dominate for nearly a decade? No one.
> >
>
> Wasn't that what they said after Dorian got x (7/8?) wins?
>
> --
> Bully
> Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
>
> "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
> matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Were the contestants tested for performace enhancing drugs? and why did
they appear to have shrunken genitals(dont tell me you didnt look)
They will all be dead in a few years,unless they have a health plan
like Arnies-heart condition heridatary? BS

OmManiPadmeOmelet
October 1st 06, 09:15 PM
In article om>,
wrote:

> Curt James wrote:
> >
> > Still, it's a damn shame from the perspective of NINE CONSECUTIVE WINS
> > flushed down the toilet. No one will ever get nine consecutive.
>
> doesn't matter. arnold will always be the greatest olympia champion.
> period. i think ronnie should've lost years ago, but the ifbb sure
> does like to give consecutive wins.
>
> hopefully this will end near decade-long olympia reigns.

One can only hope...

A REAL competition can only help ticket sales. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet
October 1st 06, 09:16 PM
In article >,
(Will Brink) wrote:

> In article >,
> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
> > In article et>,
> > "Lester Long" > wrote:
> >
> > > Jay Cutler
> > > Ronnie Coleman
> >
> > OMG! They broke tradition! :-)
> >
> > Must have wanted to sell more tickets to next years Olympia.
>
> And sell more mags and supps with a big white Mr O who can actually speak
> well.

<snork>

I'd nor be quite that mean....... ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack Nicholson

Curt James
October 1st 06, 10:44 PM
wrote:
> Curt James wrote:
> >
> > Still, it's a damn shame from the perspective of
> > NINE CONSECUTIVE WINS flushed down the toilet.
> > No one will ever get nine consecutive.

Let me chide myself again on the whole never say never nonsense.
Someone could come along and dominate again, but I think there should
almost be something, some rule in place to negate that possibility. A
champion sitting out a year after winning two in a row or some other
condition.

> doesn't matter.

Oh, it matters. Watch the muscle mags in the coming weeks. It matters!
:o)

> arnold will always be the greatest olympia champion. period.

Arnold was incredible, but as the greatest distinction is largely
subjective...

Oliva is number one for many and for good cause. I've seen at least one
article re Yates and Coleman that noted the level of competition that
those two men faced as compared to Arnold's era. Lee Haney is
absoluteLEE the fan favorite for others. Period? For you and for
perhaps the greatest percentage of fans, however certainly not for all.
No.

> i think ronnie should've lost years ago,

I disagree from one perspective - he's a frigging BEAST, cut, vascular,
tall, and B-I-G! But I agree from another perspective - boooooring that
it's the same "winner" EVERY YEAR ~*FOREVER!*~ Predictability sucks.

> but the ifbb sure does like to give consecutive wins.

Which is one reason why I am truly amazed that - given Ronnie's
apparent excellent shape (I must disagree with the idea that he missed
his peak... at least until I see more pics and read some feedback from
reporters in attendance) - the nine consecutive mark was not reached by
Coleman at the 2006 Olympia. Amazed.

> hopefully this will end near decade-long olympia reigns.

But, despite that amazement, I do agree with this point. Definitely.

--
Curt

October 1st 06, 10:57 PM
Curt James wrote:
>
> Oliva is number one for many and for good cause.

oliva is one of my favorites. the best muscle mag cover ever was the
fall 1992 issue of powerhouse magazine that featured a pic of sergio
with a pool cue and that right arm just looking unbelievable. i've
never been able to find that pic anywhere online, or i'd post a link.
one of the most impressive pics of a bodybuilder i've ever seen.

Curt James
October 1st 06, 11:00 PM
Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board wrote:
> Bully wrote:
> > Curt James wrote:
> > > Sid wrote:
> > >> I'd have given the edge to Ronny. He's much more vascular.
> > >
> > > True.
> > >
> > > But I'm happy with Cutler as it is a change. He looked impressive.
> > >
> > > <snip>NINE CONSECUTIVE WINS flushed down the toilet.
> > > No one will ever get nine consecutive. <snip>
> >
> > Wasn't that what they said after Dorian got x (7/8?) wins?

Dorian is a 6-time Mr. Olympia. http://www.dorianyates.net/

But I understand what you're saying, I believe. Never say never.

> > Bully
> > Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk <snip>
>
> Were the contestants tested for performace enhancing drugs?

No.

> and why did they appear to have shrunken genitals(dont tell
> me you didnt look)

You must be aware that steroids have been rumored to shrink a man's
testicles. I would guess, however, that this varies from man to man.

> They will all be dead in a few years,

Arnold is nearing 60. Oliva, Draper, Bill Grant, Frank Zane, Columbu,
Robinson, Coe, et al. are all still here. Define "a few years," if you
would, please.

Mike and Ray Mentzer are both dead, however his family has a history of
health problems and, allegedly, Mike also had a history of substance
abuse on top of that genetic disadvantage (longevity-wise at least).

> unless they have a health plan like Arnies-

You're chanting the standard mantra, but it hasn't proved to be true.

> heart condition heridatary? BS

Perhaps, but I choose to believe Arnold's telling the truth in this
situation.

Curt

P.S. Psst, your spelling of hereditary is BS, btw. ;o)

(ducks, runs, etc.)

--

Curt James
October 1st 06, 11:18 PM
wrote:
> Curt James wrote:
> >
> > Oliva is number one for many and for good cause.
>
> oliva is one of my favorites. the best muscle mag cover ever was the
> fall 1992 issue of powerhouse magazine that featured a pic of sergio
> with a pool cue and that right arm just looking unbelievable. i've
> never been able to find that pic anywhere online, or i'd post a link.
> one of the most impressive pics of a bodybuilder i've ever seen.

He's wearing the hat? I think I know which one you mean...

This isn't the pic, but it's from the same time period, I believe:

http://davedraper.com/gallery/data/510/2VinceGirondaSergioOliva.jpg

What the hell was Vince Gironda thinking with that shirt? :oD

Got it! (Maybe.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/BB/cue.jpg

And if that's the pic you meant then, yeah, the pic with Vince was
taken on the same day (or at least it's the same hat and shirt,
right?).

--
Curt

Lester Long
October 1st 06, 11:35 PM
> wrote in message
ps.com...
> Curt James wrote:
> Oliva is number one for many and for good cause.
>
> oliva is one of my favorites. the best muscle mag cover ever was the
> fall 1992 issue of powerhouse magazine that featured a pic of sergio
> with a pool cue and that right arm just looking unbelievable. i've
> never been able to find that pic anywhere online, or i'd post a link.
> one of the most impressive pics of a bodybuilder i've ever seen.

http://www.bodybuilders.com/sergio11.jpg

enjoy!

-lester

Curt James
October 2nd 06, 12:07 AM
Shute wrote:
> "Curt James" wrote:
>
> >Om mentioned selling more tickets for next year and I fell prey to the
> >idea that Ronnie was automatically going to be named the winner. I
> >wonder if Ronnie will compete next year? Arnold had his 1980 return to
> >competition, but he wasn't unseated as Ronnie was this year. This has
> >GOT to be disheartening for Coleman.
>
> Arnold says he set out to beat everyone around at every competition he
> could find. He didn't just want to win a contest, he wanted to be the
> best there is. After he had accomplished himself as an undisputed
> champion he retired. I think it makes him more of a legend to go out
> on top.

Yes. And that's out the window for Ronnie now, too. (grumbles)

> The trouble with bodybuilding is all these guys look good and only one
> can win. So they pick at the tiniest little things. And yeah they
> favor past competitors. Even Arnold faced that back when he first
> started.

Brink popped off with the race comment, however that doesn't hold water
after Coleman's EIGHT CONSECUTIVE WINS! Brink is... I believe the
technical term is "dumbass". Sergio, however, might have been sunk by
the Weider Machine with Arnold as its engine. Obviously Arnold is a
deserving Mr. Olympia, but it's also obvious that Sergio's days may
have been numbered due to his... marketability. Likewise Robby Robinson
who certainly could have carried a Sandow with ease, but did not, yeah,
for some reason. :o/

> These problems are even worse in the woman's competition
> though where size is often ignored.

Well, Lenda dominated with good cause as well.

--
Curt

October 2nd 06, 01:54 AM
Lester Long wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> > Curt James wrote:
> > Oliva is number one for many and for good cause.
> >
> > oliva is one of my favorites. the best muscle mag cover ever was the
> > fall 1992 issue of powerhouse magazine that featured a pic of sergio
> > with a pool cue and that right arm just looking unbelievable. i've
> > never been able to find that pic anywhere online, or i'd post a link.
> > one of the most impressive pics of a bodybuilder i've ever seen.
>
> http://www.bodybuilders.com/sergio11.jpg
>
> enjoy!
>
> -lester

yeah, that's the one...lemme compare with the mag i have here...yup,
that's the exact one.

thx

October 2nd 06, 02:00 AM
Curt James wrote:
>
> What the hell was Vince Gironda thinking with that shirt? :oD

what the hell was vince gironda ever thinking? that guy was a lunatic
rivaled only by mentzer.

October 2nd 06, 02:09 AM
back to the argument about the olympia, i would have to say that, after
looking at all the pics, i can't really make a judgement one way or
another other than to say ronnie looked like a beast. that guy is
enormous. i can't say that cutler looked better, but i thought that
labrada and gaspari and ray all came in in a shape to beat haney during
his reign. it's a shame coleman won't take 9, but, 8 is still amazing.

levrone and wheeler would've made good mr. olympias back in the early
90's, too.

Lester Long
October 2nd 06, 02:27 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> Lester Long wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> ps.com...
>> > Curt James wrote:
>> > Oliva is number one for many and for good cause.
>> >
>> > oliva is one of my favorites. the best muscle mag cover ever was the
>> > fall 1992 issue of powerhouse magazine that featured a pic of sergio
>> > with a pool cue and that right arm just looking unbelievable. i've
>> > never been able to find that pic anywhere online, or i'd post a link.
>> > one of the most impressive pics of a bodybuilder i've ever seen.
>>
>> http://www.bodybuilders.com/sergio11.jpg
>>
>> enjoy!
>>
>> -lester
>
> yeah, that's the one...lemme compare with the mag i have here...yup,
> that's the exact one.
>
> thx
>

cool

Curt James
October 2nd 06, 03:27 AM
wrote:

> back to the argument about the olympia, i would have to say that, after
> looking at all the pics, i can't really make a judgement one way or
> another other than to say ronnie looked like a beast.

True.

An absolute beast.

If I was the judge then Ronnie Coleman would be Mr. Olympia 2006 by
merit of size, condition (vascularity), and shape - just LOOK at those
arms. If Arnold's judging criteria - "Who would you want to look like?"
- is to be followed then Ronnie would be my choice for number one...

BUT I'm glad that there's a new Mr. Olympia as "same old same old"
gets... old. Jay Cutler looked impressive. He's been battling it out
for the win, training year after year with only minimal sour grapes,
and has acted as a good representative of the sport. He's a worthy Mr.
Olympia even if I don't see him as a better physique when compared to
Coleman.

I'm hoping for a rematch between Cutler and Coleman. Ronnie competed
for, what, eight years as a pro before being named Mr. O, so I hope he
comes back next year and gets beat again. Or wins. I don't care.
Friends are talking about going to the Arnold Classic this year, so
maybe I'll be attending that event. The experience has always been more
important than who got the trophy anyway. If you haven't attended a
live bodybuilding contest then you're missing out.

> that guy is enormous. i can't say that cutler looked better, but

Coleman was ~*Monster*~. And, agreed on not being able to say that
Culter looked better than Coleman. (Cutler crushed everyone else
though.)

> i thought that labrada and gaspari and ray all came in in a shape to
> beat haney during his reign.

Definitely. And I would have been happy with Gaspari as Mr. Olympia
during one of those years. It's almost ridiculous that he wasn't named
Mr. O at least once.

> it's a shame coleman won't take 9, but, 8 is still amazing.

Yes, but he could come back next year and get number nine. Consecutive
is shot, but even Arnold had a run that was skipping a few years.
Likewise Franco. And Lenda, too.

> levrone and wheeler would've made good mr. olympias
> back in the early 90's, too.

It's criminal that Levrone wasn't able to get a Sandow. Moreso than
Wheeler, imo.

I wish Lenda would compete next year. What's she up to?
http://www.lendamurray.net/ She was 2nd to Iris in 2004. Her website
states she was planning to compete at the 2005, but she didn't and now
her site is inactive. Bah!

You know who REALLY needs to compete (okay, not need but who I'd love
to see compete)? Anja Langer. She would rock. She does rock. Beautiful,
wonderful shape, and those calves! Legs to die for. Another who should
have a Sandow. Without doubt.

--
Curt

October 2nd 06, 04:19 AM
Curt James wrote:
>
> If I was the judge then Ronnie Coleman would be Mr. Olympia 2006 by
> merit of size, condition (vascularity), and shape - just LOOK at those
> arms.

ronnie is the only current guy i can think of where you can actually
see the two biceps heads. it's really amazing.

hey, yeah...maybe he'll come back next year and get that 9th? i could
go for that.

Robert Schuh
October 2nd 06, 06:31 AM
Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board wrote:

> Bully wrote:
> > Curt James wrote:
> > > Sid wrote:
> > >> I'd have given the edge to Ronny. He's much more vascular.
> > >
> > > True.
> > >
> > > But I'm happy with Cutler as it is a change. He looked impressive.
> > >
> > > Still, it's a damn shame from the perspective of NINE CONSECUTIVE WINS
> > > flushed down the toilet. No one will ever get nine consecutive. Sure,
> > > it's stupid to make that claim, but who does that? Who has the ability
> > > to come in and dominate for nearly a decade? No one.
> > >
> >
> > Wasn't that what they said after Dorian got x (7/8?) wins?
> >
> > --
> > Bully
> > Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
> >
> > "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
> > matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
>
> Were the contestants tested for performace enhancing drugs? and why did
> they appear to have shrunken genitals(dont tell me you didnt look)
> They will all be dead in a few years,unless they have a health plan
> like Arnies-heart condition heridatary? BS

You are a ****ing idiot. When you know NOTHING about a topic, you should keep
your ****ing mouth shut. Dolt.


--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh
October 2nd 06, 06:32 AM
Shute wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 11:56:36 GMT, "Lester Long" >
> wrote:
>
> >Top 10 were:
> >
> >Jay Cutler
> >Ronnie Coleman
> >Victor Martinez
> >Dexter Jackson
> >Melvin Anthony
> >Gustavo Badell
> >Toney Freeman
> >Marcus Ruhl
> >Dennis James
> >Gunter Schlierkamp
> >
> >http://www.ifbb.com/ifbbpro/2006events/2006olympia.htm
> >
> >http://mr-olympia-2006.ronnie.cz/callouts/
>
> I am by no means an expert. But I just don't see it. Ray has better
> rear shoulders but that is about it. I think even the Dexter Jackson
> looks better.

Who is Ray?


--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Pete
October 2nd 06, 03:35 PM
"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > schreef:

>> And sell more mags and supps with a big white Mr O who can actually speak
>> well.

> I'd nor be quite that mean....... ;-)

<shaking head like donkey>

"LIGHTWEIGHT!" "LIGHTWEIGHT!"

"AINT NUTHIN BUT A PEANUT!"

----
Pete

OmManiPadmeOmelet
October 2nd 06, 03:47 PM
In article >,
"Pete" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > schreef:
>
> >> And sell more mags and supps with a big white Mr O who can actually speak
> >> well.
>
> > I'd not be quite that mean....... ;-)
>
> <shaking head like donkey>
>
> "LIGHTWEIGHT!" "LIGHTWEIGHT!"
>
> "AINT NUTHIN BUT A PEANUT!"
>
> ----
> Pete

Indeed.... ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack Nicholson

Bill
October 2nd 06, 06:24 PM
> wrote in message
ps.com...
>
> Curt James wrote:
>>
>> Oliva is number one for many and for good cause.
>
> oliva is one of my favorites. the best muscle mag cover ever was the
> fall 1992 issue of powerhouse magazine that featured a pic of sergio
> with a pool cue and that right arm just looking unbelievable. i've
> never been able to find that pic anywhere online, or i'd post a link.
> one of the most impressive pics of a bodybuilder i've ever seen.
>

Is this the picture you mean?

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=616226

Bill

October 2nd 06, 07:57 PM
Bill wrote:
>
>
> Is this the picture you mean?
>
> http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=616226
>
> Bill

yup. and that's probably the only worthwhile thing printed on that
site.

Robert Schuh
October 3rd 06, 06:27 AM
Shute wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 22:32:48 -0700, Robert Schuh
> > wrote:
>
> >> I am by no means an expert. But I just don't see it. Ray has better
> >> rear shoulders but that is about it. I think even the Dexter Jackson
> >> looks better.
> >
> >Who is Ray?
>
> That was a typo. I meant Jay.

"Well you can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, of you can call me Ray
Jay, but you doesn't have to call me Johnson." :-)


--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board
October 3rd 06, 07:27 PM
Curt James wrote:
> Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board wrote:
> > Bully wrote:
> > > Curt James wrote:
> > > > Sid wrote:
> > > >> I'd have given the edge to Ronny. He's much more vascular.
> > > >
> > > > True.
> > > >
> > > > But I'm happy with Cutler as it is a change. He looked impressive.
> > > >
> > > > <snip>NINE CONSECUTIVE WINS flushed down the toilet.
> > > > No one will ever get nine consecutive. <snip>
> > >
> > > Wasn't that what they said after Dorian got x (7/8?) wins?
>
> Dorian is a 6-time Mr. Olympia. http://www.dorianyates.net/
>
> But I understand what you're saying, I believe. Never say never.
>
> > > Bully
> > > Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk <snip>
> >
> > Were the contestants tested for performace enhancing drugs?
>
> No.
>
> > and why did they appear to have shrunken genitals(dont tell
> > me you didnt look)
>
> You must be aware that steroids have been rumored to shrink a man's
> testicles. I would guess, however, that this varies from man to man.
>
> > They will all be dead in a few years,
>
> Arnold is nearing 60. Oliva, Draper, Bill Grant, Frank Zane, Columbu,
> Robinson, Coe, et al. are all still here. Define "a few years," if you
> would, please.
>
> Mike and Ray Mentzer are both dead, however his family has a history of
> health problems and, allegedly, Mike also had a history of substance
> abuse on top of that genetic disadvantage (longevity-wise at least).
>
> > unless they have a health plan like Arnies-
>
> You're chanting the standard mantra, but it hasn't proved to be true.
>
> > heart condition heridatary? BS
>
> Perhaps, but I choose to believe Arnold's telling the truth in this
> situation.
>
> Curt
>
> P.S. Psst, your spelling of hereditary is BS, btw. ;o)
>
> (ducks, runs, etc.)
>
> --

Can you repeat that please?I wasnt listening
One tings 4 shizzle ,baldness makes you have no hair.

Curt James
October 3rd 06, 08:54 PM
Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board wrote:
[...]

> Can you repeat that please?

Sure:

> > Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board wrote:
> > > Bully wrote:
> > > > Curt James wrote:
> > > > > Sid wrote:
> > > > >> I'd have given the edge to Ronny. He's much more vascular.
> > > > >>
> > > > > True.
> > > > >
> > > > > But I'm happy with Cutler as it is a change. He looked impressive.
> > > > >
> > > > > <snip>NINE CONSECUTIVE WINS flushed down the toilet.
> > > > > No one will ever get nine consecutive. <snip>
> > > >
> > > > Wasn't that what they said after Dorian got x (7/8?) wins?
> >
> > Dorian is a 6-time Mr. Olympia. http://www.dorianyates.net/
> >
> > But I understand what you're saying, I believe. Never say never.
> >
> > > > Bully
> > > > Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk <snip>
> >
> > > Were the contestants tested for performace enhancing drugs?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > > and why did they appear to have shrunken genitals(dont tell
> > > me you didnt look)
> >
> > You must be aware that steroids have been rumored to shrink a man's
> > testicles. I would guess, however, that this varies from man to man.
> >
> > > They will all be dead in a few years,
> >
> > Arnold is nearing 60. Oliva, Draper, Bill Grant, Frank Zane, Columbu,
> > Robinson, Coe, et al. are all still here. Define "a few years," if you
> > would, please.
> >
> > Mike and Ray Mentzer are both dead, however his family has a history of
> > health problems and, allegedly, Mike also had a history of substance
> > abuse on top of that genetic disadvantage (longevity-wise at least).
> >
> > > unless they have a health plan like Arnies-
> >
> > You're chanting the standard mantra, but it hasn't proved to be true.
> >
> > > heart condition heridatary? BS
> >
> > Perhaps, but I choose to believe Arnold's telling the truth in this
> > situation.
> >
> > Curt
> >
> > P.S. Psst, your spelling of hereditary is BS, btw. ;o)
> >
> > (ducks, runs, etc.)
> >
> I wasnt listening

Pssst, this is a newsgroup. It's a text-based thingy. (You have to READ
it, pal.)

> One tings 4 shizzle ,baldness makes you have no hair.

Oh, geez, you got things backwards again! Having no hair is what makes
you bald!

--
Curt

Golden Monkey
October 3rd 06, 11:43 PM
Having gone to the 2006 Mr. Olympia I came away with mixed feelings.
First of all it made me definitely reconsider what's cool and
what's not cool. Most of the contestants and other people at the
show looked sick in a way (bad skin, Jaw and bone disfigurement). Most
of the pictures you see on the internet and the T.V don't capture how
screwy some of these people look in person. I think when Ronnie coleman
walked on stage at 300lbs in a ridiculous moses outfit you realize that
this show isn't about aesthetics its all about drugs
(GH/INSULIN/ROIDs) the bigger the contestant the bigger the gut too. I
would highly recommend anyone going to the show to attend the
convention (only $10 bucks) I meet Lee Haney (unbelievably nice guy),
and the worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski (obsessed with his
cell phone and ****ed).

I think the Olympia finals really said a lot about the roid community,
when 1/3 of the seats were empty. I would have gave it to JC just
because is gut wasn't exploding. Ronnie was bigger but I think the
300lbs was just a sign things were going in the wrong direction
(that's morbidly obese guys). Also I found that many if not most of
the contestants weren't really very passionate about bodybuilding.
When you here them discuss how they got into bodybuilding it was mostly
because they couldn't do anything else. Some of them even seemed
scared and lost in a way, like confused children (sad indeed)...

Curt James wrote:
> Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Can you repeat that please?
>
> Sure:
>
> > > Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board wrote:
> > > > Bully wrote:
> > > > > Curt James wrote:
> > > > > > Sid wrote:
> > > > > >> I'd have given the edge to Ronny. He's much more vascular.
> > > > > >>
> > > > > > True.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > But I'm happy with Cutler as it is a change. He looked impressive.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > <snip>NINE CONSECUTIVE WINS flushed down the toilet.
> > > > > > No one will ever get nine consecutive. <snip>
> > > > >
> > > > > Wasn't that what they said after Dorian got x (7/8?) wins?
> > >
> > > Dorian is a 6-time Mr. Olympia. http://www.dorianyates.net/
> > >
> > > But I understand what you're saying, I believe. Never say never.
> > >
> > > > > Bully
> > > > > Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk <snip>
> > >
> > > > Were the contestants tested for performace enhancing drugs?
> > >
> > > No.
> > >
> > > > and why did they appear to have shrunken genitals(dont tell
> > > > me you didnt look)
> > >
> > > You must be aware that steroids have been rumored to shrink a man's
> > > testicles. I would guess, however, that this varies from man to man.
> > >
> > > > They will all be dead in a few years,
> > >
> > > Arnold is nearing 60. Oliva, Draper, Bill Grant, Frank Zane, Columbu,
> > > Robinson, Coe, et al. are all still here. Define "a few years," if you
> > > would, please.
> > >
> > > Mike and Ray Mentzer are both dead, however his family has a history of
> > > health problems and, allegedly, Mike also had a history of substance
> > > abuse on top of that genetic disadvantage (longevity-wise at least).
> > >
> > > > unless they have a health plan like Arnies-
> > >
> > > You're chanting the standard mantra, but it hasn't proved to be true.
> > >
> > > > heart condition heridatary? BS
> > >
> > > Perhaps, but I choose to believe Arnold's telling the truth in this
> > > situation.
> > >
> > > Curt
> > >
> > > P.S. Psst, your spelling of hereditary is BS, btw. ;o)
> > >
> > > (ducks, runs, etc.)
> > >
> > I wasnt listening
>
> Pssst, this is a newsgroup. It's a text-based thingy. (You have to READ
> it, pal.)
>
> > One tings 4 shizzle ,baldness makes you have no hair.
>
> Oh, geez, you got things backwards again! Having no hair is what makes
> you bald!
>
> --
> Curt

Andrzej Rosa
October 3rd 06, 11:56 PM
Dnia 2006-10-03 Golden Monkey napisał(a):
> and the worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski (obsessed with his
> cell phone and ****ed).

He was ****ed, because he no longer is WSM champ. Phil Philster won
this year with Pudzianowski finishing close second. Don Pope was third.

Two Americans on the podium. Congratulations from Poland.

--
Andrzej Rosa 1127R

Curt James
October 4th 06, 01:04 AM
Andrzej Rosa wrote:
> Golden Monkey:
> > and the worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski
> > (obsessed with his cell phone and ****ed).
>
> He was ****ed, because he no longer is WSM champ.
> Phil Philster won this year with Pudzianowski finishing
> close second.

Hence Pudzianowski's anger! Philster was making prank calls to
Mariusz's cell phone? :o)

> Don Pope was third.
>
> Two Americans on the podium. Congratulations from Poland.

Thanks for the update on the WSM.

> Andrzej Rosa 1127R

--
Curt

Curt James
October 4th 06, 01:10 AM
Golden Monkey wrote:

> Having gone to the 2006 Mr. Olympia I came away with mixed feelings.

Did you attend the Ms. Olympia, too? Have a favorite vendor booth? Glad
to read your observations below, GM.

> First of all it made me definitely reconsider what's cool and
> what's not cool. Most of the contestants and other people at the
> show looked sick in a way (bad skin, Jaw and bone disfigurement). Most
> of the pictures you see on the internet and the T.V don't capture how
> screwy some of these people look in person. I think when Ronnie coleman
> walked on stage at 300lbs in a ridiculous moses outfit you realize that

I could understand the crown, scepter, and cape, but what was the
context of the Moses outfit? Did they offer any explanation for that?

> this show isn't about aesthetics its all about drugs
> (GH/INSULIN/ROIDs) the bigger the contestant the bigger the gut too. I
> would highly recommend anyone going to the show to attend the
> convention (only $10 bucks) I meet Lee Haney (unbelievably nice guy),

I have one of Haney's training videotapes from a million years ago and
would verify that claim if only by that brief (what, an hour of video
and interaction with his training partner the Ropeman, etc.?) glimpse
of the champ. No /roid gut/ there.

> and the worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski (obsessed with his
> cell phone and ****ed).
>
> I think the Olympia finals really said a lot about the roid community,
> when 1/3 of the seats were empty. I would have gave it to JC just
> because is gut wasn't exploding. Ronnie was bigger but I think the
> 300lbs was just a sign things were going in the wrong direction
> (that's morbidly obese guys). Also I found that many if not most of
> the contestants weren't really very passionate about bodybuilding.

That doesn't sound so good. :o/

> When you here them discuss how they got into bodybuilding it was mostly
> because they couldn't do anything else. Some of them even seemed
> scared and lost in a way, like confused children (sad indeed)...

Could you expand on that at all? Any specific examples or anecdotes?

[...]

--
Curt

Golden Monkey
October 4th 06, 04:09 AM
Curt James wrote:
> Golden Monkey wrote:
>
> > Having gone to the 2006 Mr. Olympia I came away with mixed feelings.
>
> Did you attend the Ms. Olympia, too? Have a favorite vendor booth? Glad
> to read your observations below, GM.
>
> > First of all it made me definitely reconsider what's cool and
> > what's not cool. Most of the contestants and other people at the
> > show looked sick in a way (bad skin, Jaw and bone disfigurement). Most
> > of the pictures you see on the internet and the T.V don't capture how
> > screwy some of these people look in person. I think when Ronnie coleman
> > walked on stage at 300lbs in a ridiculous moses outfit you realize that
>
> I could understand the crown, scepter, and cape, but what was the
> context of the Moses outfit? Did they offer any explanation for that?


He first came in like he was mike tyson the fighter then he went back
stage and changed into that stupid moses outfit and walked out with the
ten commandments. Really stupid I thought, it was like a WWF show or
something.


>
> > this show isn't about aesthetics its all about drugs
> > (GH/INSULIN/ROIDs) the bigger the contestant the bigger the gut too. I
> > would highly recommend anyone going to the show to attend the
> > convention (only $10 bucks) I meet Lee Haney (unbelievably nice guy),
>
> I have one of Haney's training videotapes from a million years ago and
> would verify that claim if only by that brief (what, an hour of video
> and interaction with his training partner the Ropeman, etc.?) glimpse
> of the champ. No /roid gut/ there.


Haney was just cool, smiled and was nice to everyone including annoying
people that would come up to him and try to sell him ****.


>
> > and the worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski (obsessed with his
> > cell phone and ****ed).
> >
> > I think the Olympia finals really said a lot about the roid community,
> > when 1/3 of the seats were empty. I would have gave it to JC just
> > because is gut wasn't exploding. Ronnie was bigger but I think the
> > 300lbs was just a sign things were going in the wrong direction
> > (that's morbidly obese guys). Also I found that many if not most of
> > the contestants weren't really very passionate about bodybuilding.
>
> That doesn't sound so good. :o/
>
> > When you here them discuss how they got into bodybuilding it was mostly
> > because they couldn't do anything else. Some of them even seemed
> > scared and lost in a way, like confused children (sad indeed)...
>
> Could you expand on that at all? Any specific examples or anecdotes?
>

Before each of the guys came out on stage they did a little video clip
about why they were in bodybuilding.... bascially you had guys like
ronnie coleman saying he was only doing it because he couldnt hack it
as a foot ball player, really stupid stuff. You could just tell these
guys were highly insecure and not sure what they were doing.


> [...]
>
> --
> Curt

Curt James
October 4th 06, 04:47 AM
Golden Monkey wrote:
[...]

> > > Having gone to the 2006 Mr. Olympia I came away with mixed feelings.
[...]
> > > I think the Olympia finals really said a lot about the roid community,
> > > when 1/3 of the seats were empty. I would have gave it to JC just
> > > because is gut wasn't exploding. Ronnie was bigger but I think the
> > > 300lbs was just a sign things were going in the wrong direction
> > > (that's morbidly obese guys). Also I found that many if not most of
> > > the contestants weren't really very passionate about bodybuilding.
[...]
> > > When you here them discuss how they got into bodybuilding it was mostly
> > > because they couldn't do anything else. Some of them even seemed
> > > scared and lost in a way, like confused children (sad indeed)...
[...]
>
> Before each of the guys came out on stage they did a little video clip
> about why they were in bodybuilding.... bascially you had guys like
> ronnie coleman saying he was only doing it because he couldnt hack it
> as a foot ball player, really stupid stuff. You could just tell these
> guys were highly insecure and not sure what they were doing.

That's a damn shame. Poor planning is what I'd attribute it to (yes,
with absolutely no facts to support that guess...). I mean, if they'd
have planned then each bodybuilder could have had a brief video clip
actually promoting the sport. Offering some upbeat statement on
bodybuilding as an art form and athletic endeavor.

I'm sure each bodybuilder, if interviewed properly or steered correctly
has a positive tale to tell. Apparently, like most people left to their
own devices or talking off the cuff, the Olympia competitors presented
themselves in a less than favorable light. Oh, well, I suspect that was
a minor blip that the average fan didn't even notice.

I hope, at least, that you enjoyed yourself at the contest enough to
have made it worth your time to attend. Ron Harris -
http://www.ronharrismuscle.com/ - passed on this year's Mr. O, but
offers a brief although interesting commentary regardless.

Do you agree that Coleman tore or injured his one lat muscle? From what
I saw at the cz website (link supplied elsewhere in this thread),
Cutler absolutely beat Ronnie on back. Phenomenal!

--
Curt

Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board
October 4th 06, 06:44 AM
Curt James wrote:
> Golden Monkey wrote:
> [...]
>
> > > > Having gone to the 2006 Mr. Olympia I came away with mixed feelings.
> [...]
> > > > I think the Olympia finals really said a lot about the roid community,
> > > > when 1/3 of the seats were empty. I would have gave it to JC just
> > > > because is gut wasn't exploding. Ronnie was bigger but I think the
> > > > 300lbs was just a sign things were going in the wrong direction
> > > > (that's morbidly obese guys). Also I found that many if not most of
> > > > the contestants weren't really very passionate about bodybuilding.
> [...]
> > > > When you here them discuss how they got into bodybuilding it was mostly
> > > > because they couldn't do anything else. Some of them even seemed
> > > > scared and lost in a way, like confused children (sad indeed)...
> [...]
> >
> > Before each of the guys came out on stage they did a little video clip
> > about why they were in bodybuilding.... bascially you had guys like
> > ronnie coleman saying he was only doing it because he couldnt hack it
> > as a foot ball player, really stupid stuff. You could just tell these
> > guys were highly insecure and not sure what they were doing.
>
> That's a damn shame. Poor planning is what I'd attribute it to (yes,
> with absolutely no facts to support that guess...). I mean, if they'd
> have planned then each bodybuilder could have had a brief video clip
> actually promoting the sport. Offering some upbeat statement on
> bodybuilding as an art form and athletic endeavor.
>
> I'm sure each bodybuilder, if interviewed properly or steered correctly
> has a positive tale to tell. Apparently, like most people left to their
> own devices or talking off the cuff, the Olympia competitors presented
> themselves in a less than favorable light. Oh, well, I suspect that was
> a minor blip that the average fan didn't even notice.
>
> I hope, at least, that you enjoyed yourself at the contest enough to
> have made it worth your time to attend. Ron Harris -
> http://www.ronharrismuscle.com/ - passed on this year's Mr. O, but
> offers a brief although interesting commentary regardless.
>
> Do you agree that Coleman tore or injured his one lat muscle? From what
> I saw at the cz website (link supplied elsewhere in this thread),
> Cutler absolutely beat Ronnie on back. Phenomenal!
>
> --
> Curt

You should be paying R.C. for all the hand shandys he has provided you
with-you slaphead faggot ;)
just kidding ,you bald *******

Andrzej Rosa
October 4th 06, 10:21 AM
Dnia 2006-10-04 Curt James napisał(a):
> Andrzej Rosa wrote:
>> Golden Monkey:
>> > and the worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski
>> > (obsessed with his cell phone and ****ed).
>>
>> He was ****ed, because he no longer is WSM champ.
>> Phil Philster won this year with Pudzianowski finishing
>> close second.
>
> Hence Pudzianowski's anger!

Yeah. He lost because he wasn't angry enough to win this time. He
feeds on anger.

> Philster was making prank calls to Mariusz's cell phone? :o)

I hope! That would be wonderful.

>> Don Pope was third.
>>
>> Two Americans on the podium. Congratulations from Poland.
>
> Thanks for the update on the WSM.

Actually I was a bit surprised there was no cheering here about it.
Pfister (correct spelling this time) brought the title home after many
years of total drought. Who was before him? Kaz?

--
Andrzej Rosa

Curt James
October 5th 06, 01:29 AM
Reg Guthrie Tipton Tourist Board wrote:
> Curt James wrote:
> > Golden Monkey wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > > > > Having gone to the 2006 Mr. Olympia I came away with mixed feelings.
> > [...]
> > > > > I think the Olympia finals really said a lot about the roid community,
> > > > > when 1/3 of the seats were empty. I would have gave it to JC just
> > > > > because is gut wasn't exploding. Ronnie was bigger but I think the
> > > > > 300lbs was just a sign things were going in the wrong direction
> > > > > (that's morbidly obese guys). Also I found that many if not most of
> > > > > the contestants weren't really very passionate about bodybuilding.
> > [...]
> > > > > When you here them discuss how they got into bodybuilding it was mostly
> > > > > because they couldn't do anything else. Some of them even seemed
> > > > > scared and lost in a way, like confused children (sad indeed)...
> > [...]
> > >
> > > Before each of the guys came out on stage they did a little video clip
> > > about why they were in bodybuilding.... bascially you had guys like
> > > ronnie coleman saying he was only doing it because he couldnt hack it
> > > as a foot ball player, really stupid stuff. You could just tell these
> > > guys were highly insecure and not sure what they were doing.
> >
> > That's a damn shame. Poor planning is what I'd attribute it to (yes,
> > with absolutely no facts to support that guess...). I mean, if they'd
> > have planned then each bodybuilder could have had a brief video clip
> > actually promoting the sport. Offering some upbeat statement on
> > bodybuilding as an art form and athletic endeavor.
> >
> > I'm sure each bodybuilder, if interviewed properly or steered correctly
> > has a positive tale to tell. Apparently, like most people left to their
> > own devices or talking off the cuff, the Olympia competitors presented
> > themselves in a less than favorable light. Oh, well, I suspect that was
> > a minor blip that the average fan didn't even notice.
> >
> > I hope, at least, that you enjoyed yourself at the contest enough to
> > have made it worth your time to attend. Ron Harris -
> > http://www.ronharrismuscle.com/ - passed on this year's Mr. O, but
> > offers a brief although interesting commentary regardless.
> >
> > Do you agree that Coleman tore or injured his one lat muscle? From what
> > I saw at the cz website (link supplied elsewhere in this thread),
> > Cutler absolutely beat Ronnie on back. Phenomenal!
[...]
> You should be paying R.C. for all the hand shandys he has provided you
> with-you slaphead faggot ;)
> just kidding ,you bald *******

Hand shandys, eh?

I don't know about all that (okay, I'll agree with the bald *******
part), but found some additional info on the Moses portion of RC's
posing routine. To wit:

Now, the moment everyone's been waiting for... Ronnie Coleman. He has
an announcer come out for him, the world-famous boxing announcer, Bruce
Buffer. Ronnie comes down through the crowd from the back, wearing a
boxing robe. Wow, this is awesome. Ronnie pulls a rabbit out of his
hat. Holy crap. He hasn't even taken the stage yet officially, and this
is his best posing routine ever. Inventive.

Now he's out dressed like freakin' Moses, with two tablets. Huge beard.
Voiceover. "Thou shalt not cheat on their diet, complain about their
placings...he created his masterpiece, Ronnie Coleman." Ronnie strips
the robe off and starts dancing and raising the roof. I can't believe
I'm seeing this.

Ronnie is a rock star. This is what you want out of a Mr. Olympia. What
a show, he's come so far in his posing round abilities. This thing is
going down in history as one of the best posing routines ever.
/copy and paste from: http://updates.mrolympia.com/

That's pretty funny. Jay Cutler - from what I recall - has complained
about his placings in the past. I mentioned disliking the use of
"Uncrowned Mr. Olympia" but, yeah, can attribute that largely to the
bodybuilding press.

Apparently Jay made a reference to Wayne DeMilia's PDI as he accepted
the Mr. Olympia title. He didn't say DeMilia's name or say PDI, but it
was obvious who and what he was alluding to. Who could ask for better
advertising or promotion?

--
Curt

Curt James
October 5th 06, 01:56 AM
Andrzej Rosa wrote:
> Curt James:
> > Andrzej Rosa wrote:
> >> Golden Monkey:
> >> > and the worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski
> >> > (obsessed with his cell phone and ****ed).
> >>
> >> He was ****ed, because he no longer is WSM champ.
> >> Phil Philster won this year with Pudzianowski finishing
> >> close second.
> >
> > Hence Pudzianowski's anger!
>
> Yeah. He lost because he wasn't angry enough to win this time.
> He feeds on anger.
>
> > Philster was making prank calls to Mariusz's cell phone? :o)
>
> I hope! That would be wonderful.
>
> >> Don Pope was third.
> >>
> >> Two Americans on the podium. Congratulations from Poland.
> >
> > Thanks for the update on the WSM.
>
> Actually I was a bit surprised there was no cheering here about it.
> Pfister (correct spelling this time) brought the title home after many
> years of total drought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Strongest_Man

Wiki offers a great bit of information on the contest.

> Who was before him? Kaz?

Vasyl Virastyuk won in 2004 followed by Pudzianowski in 2005 and then
Pfister this year, according to Wiki. Hmmm. Wiki offers info that
state's Pudzianowski was dq'ed in 2004 - a link to additional words on
that:

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/morenews.php?id=960#960

And WSM has its own website, too: http://www.theworldsstrongestman.com/


> Andrzej Rosa

I checked out their website... was 1977 the first competition? I
remember watching that on TV and cringing as Franco Columbu wiped out
under that refrigerator. Mike Dayton and Lou Ferrigno also represented
the bodybuilders that year. The following year, Ivan Putski, legendary
pro wrestler but also a former AAU Mr. America competitor, placed 8th.
The 1979 WSM saw the late Dave Johns, winner of the 1977 AAU Mr.
America, compete and finish in 8th place as well.

--
Curt

Robert Schuh
October 5th 06, 06:49 AM
Golden Monkey wrote:

> Having gone to the 2006 Mr. Olympia I came away with mixed feelings.
> First of all it made me definitely reconsider what's cool and
> what's not cool. Most of the contestants and other people at the
> show looked sick in a way (bad skin, Jaw and bone disfigurement).

Name who these people and what the "disfigurement" looked like exactly.

> Most
> of the pictures you see on the internet and the T.V don't capture how
> screwy some of these people look in person. I think when Ronnie coleman
> walked on stage at 300lbs in a ridiculous moses outfit you realize that
> this show isn't about aesthetics its all about drugs
> (GH/INSULIN/ROIDs) the bigger the contestant the bigger the gut too. I
> would highly recommend anyone going to the show to attend the
> convention (only $10 bucks) I meet Lee Haney (unbelievably nice guy),
> and the worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski (obsessed with his
> cell phone and ****ed).
>
> I think the Olympia finals really said a lot about the roid community,
> when 1/3 of the seats were empty. I would have gave it to JC just
> because is gut wasn't exploding. Ronnie was bigger but I think the
> 300lbs was just a sign things were going in the wrong direction
> (that's morbidly obese guys). Also I found that many if not most of
> the contestants weren't really very passionate about bodybuilding.
> When you here them discuss how they got into bodybuilding it was mostly
> because they couldn't do anything else. Some of them even seemed
> scared and lost in a way, like confused children (sad indeed)...
>
> >
>

The fact that you claimed that ANY contestant in the Olympia was morbidly obese
just goes to show that you are a moron and know nothing about BBing. If you
believe that Ronnie Coleman weighed 300 lbs, you are a moron. This is typical
bull**** from yet another anonymous **** who does not have the integrity nor the
balls to put his name to his ill informed comments. You know what, if you don't
like the shows, don't go. Who put a gun to your head? I personally prefer the Flex
Wheeler, Bob Paris type physiques, but I certainly don't attack the bigger guys
either. Your last 3 sentences also showed your ignorance. Who the **** would put
that much work into getting ready for a show if they were not dedicated? It is
obvious that you have never competed nor really know a thing about the sport. You
sound like a typical jealous asshole who is either a fat **** or someone who looks
like an AIDS patient, so you have to rationalize your own short comings by
attacking those at the top of their profession.



--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh
October 5th 06, 06:51 AM
Andrzej Rosa wrote:

> Dnia 2006-10-03 Golden Monkey napisał(a):
> > and the worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski (obsessed with his
> > cell phone and ****ed).
>
> He was ****ed, because he no longer is WSM champ. Phil Philster won
> this year with Pudzianowski finishing close second. Don Pope was third.
>
> Two Americans on the podium. Congratulations from Poland.
>
> --
> Andrzej Rosa 1127R

Do you have the spelling of the winner's name correct? I have not heard of
him and did a Google search and nothing came up.

thanks

Rob


--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh
October 5th 06, 06:53 AM
Andrzej Rosa wrote:

> Dnia 2006-10-03 Golden Monkey napisał(a):
> > and the worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski (obsessed with his
> > cell phone and ****ed).
>
> He was ****ed, because he no longer is WSM champ. Phil Philster won
> this year with Pudzianowski finishing close second. Don Pope was third.
>
> Two Americans on the podium. Congratulations from Poland.
>
> --
> Andrzej Rosa 1127R

Was this Phil guy a new competitor? He is not even listed as a competitor at
the WSM official site.


--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Bully
October 5th 06, 07:24 AM
Curt James wrote:
> Andrzej Rosa wrote:
>> Curt James:
>>> Andrzej Rosa wrote:
>>>> Golden Monkey:
>>>>> and the worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski
>>>>> (obsessed with his cell phone and ****ed).
>>>>
>>>> He was ****ed, because he no longer is WSM champ.
>>>> Phil Philster won this year with Pudzianowski finishing
>>>> close second.
>>>
>>> Hence Pudzianowski's anger!
>>
>> Yeah. He lost because he wasn't angry enough to win this time.
>> He feeds on anger.
>>
>>> Philster was making prank calls to Mariusz's cell phone? :o)
>>
>> I hope! That would be wonderful.
>>
>>>> Don Pope was third.
>>>>
>>>> Two Americans on the podium. Congratulations from Poland.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the update on the WSM.
>>
>> Actually I was a bit surprised there was no cheering here about it.
>> Pfister (correct spelling this time) brought the title home after
>> many years of total drought.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Strongest_Man
>
> Wiki offers a great bit of information on the contest.
>
>> Who was before him? Kaz?
>
> Vasyl Virastyuk won in 2004 followed by Pudzianowski in 2005 and then
> Pfister this year, according to Wiki. Hmmm. Wiki offers info that
> state's Pudzianowski was dq'ed in 2004 - a link to additional words on
> that:
>
> http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/morenews.php?id=960#960
>
> And WSM has its own website, too:
> http://www.theworldsstrongestman.com/
>
>
>> Andrzej Rosa
>
> I checked out their website... was 1977 the first competition? I
> remember watching that on TV and cringing as Franco Columbu wiped out
> under that refrigerator. Mike Dayton and Lou Ferrigno also represented
> the bodybuilders that year. The following year, Ivan Putski, legendary
> pro wrestler but also a former AAU Mr. America competitor, placed 8th.
> The 1979 WSM saw the late Dave Johns, winner of the 1977 AAU Mr.
> America, compete and finish in 8th place as well.

Look out for Travis Ortmayer in the other Strongman organisation -- he's one
of yours too.

--
Bully
Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Bully
October 5th 06, 07:25 AM
Robert Schuh wrote:
> Andrzej Rosa wrote:
>
>> Dnia 2006-10-03 Golden Monkey napisał(a):
>>> and the worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski (obsessed with his
>>> cell phone and ****ed).
>>
>> He was ****ed, because he no longer is WSM champ. Phil Philster won
>> this year with Pudzianowski finishing close second. Don Pope was
>> third.
>>
>> Two Americans on the podium. Congratulations from Poland.
>>
>> --
>> Andrzej Rosa 1127R
>
> Was this Phil guy a new competitor? He is not even listed as a
> competitor at the WSM official site.

http://www.strongmanphil.com/

--
Bully
Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Andrzej Rosa
October 5th 06, 02:05 PM
Dnia 2006-10-05 Curt James napisał(a):
> Andrzej Rosa wrote:
[...]
>> Actually I was a bit surprised there was no cheering here about it.
>> Pfister (correct spelling this time) brought the title home after many
>> years of total drought.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Strongest_Man
>
> Wiki offers a great bit of information on the contest.
>
>> Who was before him? Kaz?

So I remembered right. Kaz was last American before Pfister.

Damn, where is champaign and fireworks? ;-)

> Vasyl Virastyuk won in 2004 followed by Pudzianowski in 2005 and then
> Pfister this year, according to Wiki.

Yeah, but I was wandering who was last USA guy who won before Pfister.
(I have an urge to misspell his name all the time as a means of revenge
for misspelling Pudzianowski through all this years. ;-) )

> Hmmm. Wiki offers info that
> state's Pudzianowski was dq'ed in 2004 - a link to additional words on
> that:
>
> http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/morenews.php?id=960#960

Yeah, he was. Rumours surrounding this affair were not flattering to
the IFSA guy. I heard (and people "in the know" seemed not surprised)
that IFSA guy wanted Pudzianowski to stop starting in WSM and switch to
IFSA exclusively, like for example Zydrunas Savickas did. Pudzianowski
was probably blackmailed, that if he will not switch he will be
"tested". He was tested and found guilty of using "recreational drugs".

[...]
--
Andrzej Rosa

Andrzej Rosa
October 5th 06, 02:07 PM
Dnia 2006-10-05 Robert Schuh napisał(a):
> Andrzej Rosa wrote:
>
>> Dnia 2006-10-03 Golden Monkey napisał(a):
>> > and the worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski (obsessed with his
>> > cell phone and ****ed).
>>
>> He was ****ed, because he no longer is WSM champ. Phil Philster won
>> this year with Pudzianowski finishing close second. Don Pope was third.
>>
>> Two Americans on the podium. Congratulations from Poland.
>>
>> --
>> Andrzej Rosa 1127R
>
> Do you have the spelling of the winner's name correct? I have not heard of
> him and did a Google search and nothing came up.

No, I do not. But even if I try very hard I'll not be able to misspell
Pfister as often as Pudzianowski's name is misspelled. ;-)

--
Andrzej Rosa

Curt James
October 5th 06, 11:49 PM
Robert Schuh wrote:
> Andrzej Rosa wrote:
[...]

re The World's Strongest Man competition

> > <snip> Phil Philster won this year with Pudzianowski
> finishing close second. Don Pope was third.
> >
> > Two Americans on the podium. Congratulations from Poland.
>
> Do you have the spelling of the winner's name correct? I have
> not heard of him and did a Google search and nothing came up.

Um, this isn't for ol' 'bert as he has me - appropriately I'd say -
kf'ed, however did Schuh mention he was... "smert" or a graduate of
some hoity toity smart school, private in fact, a genius or some such
with an SAT score of a bajillionfillion?

(screams in an attempt to bypass Sc(Huh???)'s killfile)

HEY 'BERT!!! 'BERT!!! DJA EVER THINK OF GOOGLING WSM INSTEAD? CONTEXT
CLUE MUCH, PAL!!!???

Yeebus. Yup, he's a smarty. Wish I'da qualerfiiiiiied for THAT skool.

> thanks

Oh, you're welcome to be sure.

> Rob

(prays for an echo)

COME ON! He needs this. He neeeeds this one!

I mean isn't he the one busy calling many others... moronic and
idiotic? P'shaw. The man wrote the book, imo.

--
Curt <--- real name
http://curtjames.com/ <--- non pop fitness website, but, yeah, "real"
as well

Bill
October 6th 06, 11:16 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> Bill wrote:
>>
>>
>> Is this the picture you mean?
>>
>> http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=616226
>>
>> Bill
>
> yup. and that's probably the only worthwhile thing printed on that
> site.
>

You think articles by Alwyn Cosgrove are not worthwhile too?

Bill

October 7th 06, 05:13 AM
Bill wrote:
>
> You think articles by Alwyn Cosgrove are not worthwhile too?
>
> Bill

i had to go read some articles on his site because i didn't know who
you were talking about. i thought we used to have someone posting in
mfw named alwyn...maybe i'm wrong. either way, of the three articles i
read, his writings just seem silly.

in fact, here is a quote:

"Training Programs That Work:

Mentzer's Heavy Duty - Learn More
HIT - Learn More
Poliquin's German Volume Training - Learn More
Staley's EDT training - Learn More"

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/alwyn3.htm


i've never personally seen either a HIT style or Heavy Duty style
"work," and i was one of the biggest proponents of the Arthur Jones
style of training for years before i wised up and pulled my head out of
my ass. that type of HIT training, or whatever you want to call it,
only accomplishes one thing: teaching the trainee to dig deep down and
refuse to give up no matter what during a set. sure, that's
worthwhile. but, it turns out that training to what they would refer
to as "complete failure" for a restricted number of sets in an
abbreviated routine is simply not the most effective way to train. it
just isn't. my training partner even paid a ridiculous price for a
telephone consultation with mentzer in the early 90's right before
Heavy Duty was resurrected from the dead by bill phillips and his
muscle media machine. if i had been more educated at the time, i might
have realized that his training theories were pure lunacy. who can say
if he was actually crazy, although i know a few around here assert that
he was. i don't know much about poliquin or staley, other than they
were two charles's that were associated with testosterone.net at
different times. i do remember a big discussion about GVT in here
years back, and it seemed that, even if there was some size to be had,
everyone who used it lost strength.

i'm not going to bore you with more cut and paste quotes, but this
sounds like just another guy trying to cash-in on the fact that he's
been lifting for years by writing long-winded nonsense.

i can sum up my experiences, with regards to effective strength
training and bodybuilding, in one sentence:

There is only one way to develop muscle: you must pick up heavy
weights and set them down again.

almost anything else you can say on the subject is superfluous.

Robert Schuh
October 7th 06, 07:50 AM
Golden Monkey wrote:

> Curt James wrote:
> > Golden Monkey wrote:
> >
> > > Having gone to the 2006 Mr. Olympia I came away with mixed feelings.
> >
> > Did you attend the Ms. Olympia, too? Have a favorite vendor booth? Glad
> > to read your observations below, GM.
> >
> > > First of all it made me definitely reconsider what's cool and
> > > what's not cool. Most of the contestants and other people at the
> > > show looked sick in a way (bad skin, Jaw and bone disfigurement). Most
> > > of the pictures you see on the internet and the T.V don't capture how
> > > screwy some of these people look in person. I think when Ronnie coleman
> > > walked on stage at 300lbs in a ridiculous moses outfit you realize that
> >
> > I could understand the crown, scepter, and cape, but what was the
> > context of the Moses outfit? Did they offer any explanation for that?
>
> He first came in like he was mike tyson the fighter then he went back
> stage and changed into that stupid moses outfit and walked out with the
> ten commandments. Really stupid I thought, it was like a WWF show or
> something.
>
> >
> > > this show isn't about aesthetics its all about drugs
> > > (GH/INSULIN/ROIDs) the bigger the contestant the bigger the gut too. I
> > > would highly recommend anyone going to the show to attend the
> > > convention (only $10 bucks) I meet Lee Haney (unbelievably nice guy),
> >
> > I have one of Haney's training videotapes from a million years ago and
> > would verify that claim if only by that brief (what, an hour of video
> > and interaction with his training partner the Ropeman, etc.?) glimpse
> > of the champ. No /roid gut/ there.
>
> Haney was just cool, smiled and was nice to everyone including annoying
> people that would come up to him and try to sell him ****.
>
> >
> > > and the worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski (obsessed with his
> > > cell phone and ****ed).
> > >
> > > I think the Olympia finals really said a lot about the roid community,
> > > when 1/3 of the seats were empty. I would have gave it to JC just
> > > because is gut wasn't exploding. Ronnie was bigger but I think the
> > > 300lbs was just a sign things were going in the wrong direction
> > > (that's morbidly obese guys). Also I found that many if not most of
> > > the contestants weren't really very passionate about bodybuilding.
> >
> > That doesn't sound so good. :o/
> >
> > > When you here them discuss how they got into bodybuilding it was mostly
> > > because they couldn't do anything else. Some of them even seemed
> > > scared and lost in a way, like confused children (sad indeed)...
> >
> > Could you expand on that at all? Any specific examples or anecdotes?
> >
>
> Before each of the guys came out on stage they did a little video clip
> about why they were in bodybuilding.... bascially you had guys like
> ronnie coleman saying he was only doing it because he couldnt hack it
> as a foot ball player, really stupid stuff. You could just tell these
> guys were highly insecure and not sure what they were doing.
>

What a ludicrous sweeping generalization. NO ONE becomes the best in the world
at ANYTHING without a great deal of hard work and dedication. It is painfully
obvious that you have never competed in bodybuilding or powerlifting and know
nothing about it. Just because you are insecure and jealous, that does not give
you the right to make such illogical and unfounded sweeping generalizations. Do
you mean to tell me that if someone is great as a bodybuilder and was not as a
football player that he is a loser? I'll bet Bill Gates sucked at football too.
I can't believe the amount of bull**** posted in this newsgroup these days,
especially by these anonymous ****ing cowards who don't know **** about
bodybuilding, training nor nutrition.



--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh
October 7th 06, 07:52 AM
Golden Monkey wrote:

> Curt James wrote:
> > Golden Monkey wrote:
> >
> > > Having gone to the 2006 Mr. Olympia I came away with mixed feelings.
> >
> > Did you attend the Ms. Olympia, too? Have a favorite vendor booth? Glad
> > to read your observations below, GM.
> >
> > > First of all it made me definitely reconsider what's cool and
> > > what's not cool. Most of the contestants and other people at the
> > > show looked sick in a way (bad skin, Jaw and bone disfigurement). Most
> > > of the pictures you see on the internet and the T.V don't capture how
> > > screwy some of these people look in person. I think when Ronnie coleman
> > > walked on stage at 300lbs in a ridiculous moses outfit you realize that
> >
> > I could understand the crown, scepter, and cape, but what was the
> > context of the Moses outfit? Did they offer any explanation for that?
>
> He first came in like he was mike tyson the fighter then he went back
> stage and changed into that stupid moses outfit and walked out with the
> ten commandments. Really stupid I thought, it was like a WWF show or
> something.
>
> >
> > > this show isn't about aesthetics its all about drugs
> > > (GH/INSULIN/ROIDs) the bigger the contestant the bigger the gut too. I
> > > would highly recommend anyone going to the show to attend the
> > > convention (only $10 bucks) I meet Lee Haney (unbelievably nice guy),
> >
> > I have one of Haney's training videotapes from a million years ago and
> > would verify that claim if only by that brief (what, an hour of video
> > and interaction with his training partner the Ropeman, etc.?) glimpse
> > of the champ. No /roid gut/ there.
>
> Haney was just cool, smiled and was nice to everyone including annoying
> people that would come up to him and try to sell him ****.
>
> >
> > > and the worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski (obsessed with his
> > > cell phone and ****ed).
> > >
> > > I think the Olympia finals really said a lot about the roid community,
> > > when 1/3 of the seats were empty. I would have gave it to JC just
> > > because is gut wasn't exploding. Ronnie was bigger but I think the
> > > 300lbs was just a sign things were going in the wrong direction
> > > (that's morbidly obese guys). Also I found that many if not most of
> > > the contestants weren't really very passionate about bodybuilding.
> >
> > That doesn't sound so good. :o/
> >
> > > When you here them discuss how they got into bodybuilding it was mostly
> > > because they couldn't do anything else. Some of them even seemed
> > > scared and lost in a way, like confused children (sad indeed)...
> >
> > Could you expand on that at all? Any specific examples or anecdotes?
> >
>
> Before each of the guys came out on stage they did a little video clip
> about why they were in bodybuilding.... bascially you had guys like
> ronnie coleman saying he was only doing it because he couldnt hack it
> as a foot ball player, really stupid stuff. You could just tell these
> guys were highly insecure and not sure what they were doing.
>

I just saw that this is the same ****ing moron who claimed that the guys in the
show were "morbidly obese." Tell me asshole, why did you bother going to the
show if you are so ****ing intimidated by people who have put exponentially
more hard work and dedication into what they do than you ever have in anything?
This guy is just a jealous asshole.



--
Robert Schuh
"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Bully
October 7th 06, 08:55 AM
wrote:
> Bill wrote:
>>
>> You think articles by Alwyn Cosgrove are not worthwhile too?
>>
>> Bill
>
> i had to go read some articles on his site because i didn't know who
> you were talking about. i thought we used to have someone posting in
> mfw named alwyn...maybe i'm wrong.

He did!

> either way, of the three articles
> i read, his writings just seem silly.
>
> in fact, here is a quote:
>
> "Training Programs That Work:
>
> Mentzer's Heavy Duty - Learn More
> HIT - Learn More
> Poliquin's German Volume Training - Learn More
> Staley's EDT training - Learn More"
>
> http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/alwyn3.htm
>
>
> i've never personally seen either a HIT style or Heavy Duty style
> "work," and i was one of the biggest proponents of the Arthur Jones
> style of training for years before i wised up and pulled my head out
> of my ass. that type of HIT training, or whatever you want to call
> it, only accomplishes one thing: teaching the trainee to dig deep
> down and refuse to give up no matter what during a set. sure, that's
> worthwhile. but, it turns out that training to what they would refer
> to as "complete failure" for a restricted number of sets in an
> abbreviated routine is simply not the most effective way to train. it
> just isn't. my training partner even paid a ridiculous price for a
> telephone consultation with mentzer in the early 90's right before
> Heavy Duty was resurrected from the dead by bill phillips and his
> muscle media machine. if i had been more educated at the time, i
> might have realized that his training theories were pure lunacy. who
> can say if he was actually crazy, although i know a few around here
> assert that he was. i don't know much about poliquin or staley,
> other than they were two charles's that were associated with
> testosterone.net at different times. i do remember a big discussion
> about GVT in here years back, and it seemed that, even if there was
> some size to be had, everyone who used it lost strength.
>
> i'm not going to bore you with more cut and paste quotes, but this
> sounds like just another guy trying to cash-in on the fact that he's
> been lifting for years by writing long-winded nonsense.
>
> i can sum up my experiences, with regards to effective strength
> training and bodybuilding, in one sentence:
>
> There is only one way to develop muscle: you must pick up heavy
> weights and set them down again.
>
> almost anything else you can say on the subject is superfluous.



--
Bully
Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

October 7th 06, 02:55 PM
Bully wrote:
> wrote:
> >
> > i had to go read some articles on his site because i didn't know who
> > you were talking about. i thought we used to have someone posting in
> > mfw named alwyn...maybe i'm wrong.
>
> He did!

yeah, i did a search. this alwyn guy is a moron. just ask will brink:

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/browse_thread/thread/4b273414bdf68c0f/f1f6c04b70b69e32?lnk=gst&q=alwyn&rnum=2#f1f6c04b70b69e32

here is is full list of posts in mfw:

&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group

October 7th 06, 03:01 PM
wrote:
>
> here is is full list of posts in mfw:
>
> &qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group

well, i guess its not going to let me post the search. if you search
the group for , you'll laugh.

Curt James
October 7th 06, 03:40 PM
kcmunchkin wrote:
> Bully wrote:
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > i had to go read some articles on his site because i didn't know who
> > > you were talking about. i thought we used to have someone posting in
> > > mfw named alwyn...maybe i'm wrong.
> >
> > He did!
>
> yeah, i did a search. this alwyn guy is a moron. just ask will brink:
> http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/browse_thread/thread/4b273414bdf68c0f/f1f6c04b70b69e32?lnk=gst&q=alwyn&rnum=2#f1f6c04b70b69e32

Brink certainly "knows moron," but fwiw, - and no offense meant, kc -
that post is out of context.

http://tinyurl.com/l5jg2

An interesting thread.

> here is is full list of posts in mfw:
>
> &qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group

And an interesting link, too.

I've visited Cosgrove's website and he seems to be an intelligent
person as well as successful at what he does. Have you read the
following thread?

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/browse_frm/thread/44887a84c7d2ca3d/cc31456bf8105c95?#cc31456bf8105c95
aka http://tinyurl.com/h8zos

HA! And back to Cosgrove's website - check out his article titled _20
Things that make me shake my head_ @
http://www.alwyncosgrove.com/shakemyhead.html

Number eight caught my attention:

"8) INTERNET SUPER-TRAINERS WHO HAVE TRAINED ABOUT THREE PEOPLE, EVER,
IF THAT. AND GOT NO RESULTS

You know who you are."

Hmmm.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/imnoone/MFW/wb.jpg

Naaaaah, he must mean someone else.

--
Curt

October 7th 06, 03:49 PM
Curt James wrote:
>
> Brink certainly "knows moron," but fwiw, - and no offense meant, kc -
> that post is out of context.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/l5jg2

that's true, i didn't realize i was in two different threads when i
posted it. here is the post from alwyn that started it all (you can
see it on your link if you scroll all the way to the top):

"I was speaking to Mauro Dipasquale today. He ****ing hates you and
thinks you
are pretty clueless . Whats the history ?
Alwyn "

that's pretty unprofessional. lots of idiots are successful in their
respective fields. i would bet, however, that not many of his
"followers" are that successful in their training endeavors. alwyn is
a moron, as evidenced by his nonsensical articles.

Curt James
October 7th 06, 04:15 PM
kcmunchkin wrote:
> kcmunchkin wrote:
> >
> > here is is full list of posts in mfw:
> >
> > &qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group
>
> well, i guess its not going to let me post the search.

Oh, it'll let you. You just have to go about it in a certain way:
http://tinyurl.com/e5kae

> if you search the group for , you'll laugh.

I certainly laughed as I read his 20 things article. ;o)

http://www.alwyncosgrove.blogspot.com/

Cosgrove writes very well. Brink doesn't. Obviously content is more
important than style, but I don't see how Cosgrove is to be considered
a moron in any regard. Can you expand on your opinion or offer specific
examples of Cosgrove's failings?

And please don't offer a lie about Brink posted in MFW as your example.
Brink has posted similar opinion posed as fact. This newsgroup,
unfortunately, is all too often *not* the Mutual Pats on the Back
Society.

--
Curt

Curt James
October 7th 06, 04:17 PM
kcmunchkin wrote:
> Curt James wrote:
> >
> > Brink certainly "knows moron," but fwiw, - and no offense meant, kc -
> > that post is out of context.
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/l5jg2
>
> that's true, i didn't realize i was in two different threads when i
> posted it. here is the post from alwyn that started it all (you can
> see it on your link if you scroll all the way to the top):
>
> "I was speaking to Mauro Dipasquale today. He ****ing hates you and
> thinks you
> are pretty clueless . Whats the history ?
> Alwyn "
>
> that's pretty unprofessional.

Yes. It certainly is, however are you familiar with the concept of dish
it out versus take it?

> lots of idiots are successful in their respective fields.

True. So true.

> i would bet, however, that not many of his "followers" are
> that successful in their training endeavors. alwyn is
> a moron, as evidenced by his nonsensical articles.

Would you have an example? Hey, I'm filled with hatred, kc. Give me a
reason to hate Cosgrove. ;o)

--
Curt

JMW
October 7th 06, 04:18 PM
" > wrote:
>
>Curt James wrote:
>>
>> Brink certainly "knows moron," but fwiw, - and no offense meant, kc -
>> that post is out of context.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/l5jg2
>
>that's true, i didn't realize i was in two different threads when i
>posted it. here is the post from alwyn that started it all (you can
>see it on your link if you scroll all the way to the top):
>
>"I was speaking to Mauro Dipasquale today. He ****ing hates you and
>thinks you
>are pretty clueless . Whats the history ?
>Alwyn "
>
>that's pretty unprofessional. lots of idiots are successful in their
>respective fields. i would bet, however, that not many of his
>"followers" are that successful in their training endeavors. alwyn is
>a moron, as evidenced by his nonsensical articles.

He did a lot of name-dropping. It seems that most of the names he
dropped were also those of shameless self-promoters.

Curt James
October 7th 06, 04:51 PM
John Williams wrote:
[...]

> He did a lot of name-dropping.

Pot, kettle, black ring any bells, John Williams?

If not then let me jog your memory. Perhaps you'll recognize the
following names that you've dropped in the past: Bill Davidson, Henry
H. Hansteen, John Hudson, and more. Yours truly, of course.

Last I looked, you've dropped my name what seems like hundreds of
times. You maintain *several* web pages devoted to me. To wit:

http://www.rustyiron.net/trollist.htm
http://www.rustyiron.net/curtpics.htm
http://www.rustyiron.net/curtinfl.jpg
http://www.rustyiron.net/curt_rab.htm
http://www.rustyiron.net/trollz.htm and the corresponding posts/threads


http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/8fc6f6b8db7a673a

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/ffae5749d27416d4


Funny, the only post that second thread received was from the formerly
frequent visitor to this newsgroup - TBR! Yeah, you spent an awful
amount of time on that guy, too, and the end result was that you simply
proved yourself a troll (according to your own definition) enabler.
Again, what's your definition of a troll?

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/0fb4e8673b4bc4ee

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/8bb4fd7b08ad73d8


And that's not counting your other Curt-obsessed posts including the
blah blah blah one. See:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/MFW/animcurt.gif

Should I post links to your, what I would call failed, attempts at
soliciting like minds by cross-posting to other newsgroups?

Meanwhile, I've got *one* photobucket pic of you that shows our
similarities:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/MFW/sab.jpg

sab is my acronym for separated at birth.
As ever, I try to use humor in the face of your hypocrisy.

> It seems that most of the names he dropped were also
> those of shameless self-promoters.

Perhaps I'm a shameless self-promoter, eh? Stop me. Delete your pages
or continue with your hypocritical behavior.

Hth.

Oh, wait! Perhaps you didn't mean "He did a lot of name-dropping," in a
pejorative manner. And maybe you meant "shameless" as a compliment. If
so, please accept my apologies. ;o)

--
Curt

Andrzej Rosa
October 8th 06, 08:25 AM
Dnia 2006-10-07 Curt James napisał(a):

> I certainly laughed as I read his 20 things article. ;o)
>
> http://www.alwyncosgrove.blogspot.com/
>
> Cosgrove writes very well. Brink doesn't. Obviously content is more
> important than style, but I don't see how Cosgrove is to be considered
> a moron in any regard. Can you expand on your opinion or offer specific
> examples of Cosgrove's failings?

I'm not sure if he is a moron, he surely self-promotes himself as a
prick. Like it is a good thing, which it probably is, taking in
account that he is supposedly expensive personal trainer.

But he knows some stuff. Guys from elitefts.com had a high opinion of
his understanding of biomechanics. He obviously helped some battered
powerlifters.

And it seems like he can make his porn-star clients sweat, too.

[...]
--
Andrzej Rosa