PDA

View Full Version : post workout appetite

ryan scott
October 2nd 06, 09:24 AM
im a bit crazy about trying to lower my bodyfat. im stuck at about 12%
because i love to eat to much.....but im finding that after a heavy lifting
session i starve myself for about 5 hours cuz my motorvation to diet is
high.... but then i break down and gorge on lots of food.
im hoping that the starving afterwards will cause my body to burn lots of
fat.
but then i go back a little bit when i pig out

-->insert hirarious remarks here<---

Bully
October 2nd 06, 09:37 AM
ryan scott wrote:
> im a bit crazy about trying to lower my bodyfat. im stuck at about 12%
> because i love to eat to much.....but im finding that after a heavy
> lifting session i starve myself for about 5 hours cuz my motorvation
> to diet is high.... but then i break down and gorge on lots of food.
> im hoping that the starving afterwards will cause my body to burn
> lots of fat.
> but then i go back a little bit when i pig out
>
> -->insert hirarious remarks here<---

You obviously not entirely ignorant, therefore, you must be stupid! Or is it
the other way round?

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Andrzej Rosa
October 2nd 06, 10:58 AM
Dnia 2006-10-02 ryan scott napisał(a):
> im a bit crazy about trying to lower my bodyfat. im stuck at about 12%
> because i love to eat to much.....but im finding that after a heavy lifting
> session i starve myself for about 5 hours cuz my motorvation to diet is
> high.... but then i break down and gorge on lots of food.

It's not wise. Do it the other way around, that is eat after workout
and diet later.

> im hoping that the starving afterwards will cause my body to burn lots of
> fat.

It will burn whatever it can. Quite possibly muscles, because you give
your body an obvious hint that you have no money to pay for checks, so
it will get rid of unnecessary and expensive muscles.

You need muscles. Muscles look good and weight the same as fat. If
you lose 5kg of weight you burn much less calories throughout the day
(try 5kg weight vest, the difference is substantial).

If you replace 5kg of fat with 5kg of muscles you look way better and
with a bit of training you can keep them on easily. Good point is,
that you may generally eat what you've eaten before and you will not
get fat. You spend the same amount of calories every day.

> but then i go back a little bit when i pig out

Probably quite a bit. You've wasted part of your training stimulus by
not building any muscles and starving yourself. Now your body will try
to prepare for the worst, which is it will pack any surplus calories as
fat.

Do it the other way around. Eat well after training and starve
yourself to your heart content through all the rest of the day.

--
Andrzej Rosa 1127R

ryan scott
October 3rd 06, 10:30 AM
"Bully" > wrote in message
> ryan scott wrote:
>> im a bit crazy about trying to lower my bodyfat. im stuck at about 12%
>> because i love to eat to much.....but im finding that after a heavy
>> lifting session i starve myself for about 5 hours cuz my motorvation
>> to diet is high.... but then i break down and gorge on lots of food.
>> im hoping that the starving afterwards will cause my body to burn
>> lots of fat.
>> but then i go back a little bit when i pig out
>>
>> -->insert hirarious remarks here<---
>
> You obviously not entirely ignorant, therefore, you must be stupid! Or is
> it the other way round?
>
> --
> Bully
> Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
>
> "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
> matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

u didnt insert humour between the arrows

Bully
October 3rd 06, 12:27 PM
ryan scott wrote:
> "Bully" > wrote in message
>> ryan scott wrote:
>>> im a bit crazy about trying to lower my bodyfat. im stuck at about
>>> 12% because i love to eat to much.....but im finding that after a
>>> heavy lifting session i starve myself for about 5 hours cuz my
>>> motorvation to diet is high.... but then i break down and gorge on
>>> lots of food. im hoping that the starving afterwards will cause my
>>> body to burn lots of fat.
>>> but then i go back a little bit when i pig out
>>>
>>> -->insert hirarious remarks here<---
>>
>> You obviously not entirely ignorant, therefore, you must be stupid!
>> Or is it the other way round?
>>
>> --
>> Bully
>> Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
>>
>> "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
>> matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
>>

> u didnt insert humour between the arrows

Oh bugger!

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Pete
October 3rd 06, 04:58 PM
"ryan scott" > schreef:

>>> im a bit crazy about trying to lower my bodyfat. im stuck at about 12%
>>> because i love to eat to much.....but im finding that after a heavy
>>> lifting session i starve myself for about 5 hours cuz my motorvation
>>> to diet is high.... but then i break down and gorge on lots of food.
>>> im hoping that the starving afterwards will cause my body to burn
>>> lots of fat.
>>> but then i go back a little bit when i pig out

>>> --> You obviously not entirely ignorant, therefore, you must be stupid!
>>> Or is
>> it the other way round?<---

> u didnt insert humour between the arrows

But i did.

----
Pete

Norm
October 3rd 06, 05:36 PM
ryan scott wrote:
> im a bit crazy about trying to lower my bodyfat. im stuck at about 12%
> because i love to eat to much.....but im finding that after a heavy lifting
> session i starve myself for about 5 hours cuz my motorvation to diet is
> high.... but then i break down and gorge on lots of food.
> im hoping that the starving afterwards will cause my body to burn lots of
> fat.
> but then i go back a little bit when i pig out
>
> -->insert hirarious remarks here<---

Hi Ryan, during exercise physical process called the Krebs cycle takes
place which uses up your body glucose. Glucose is stored from the
consumption of carbohydrates and to a much lesser extent, protein. The
process known as glycoysis. The breakdown of glucose is essential for
the burning of fat especially during aerobic training. After trainig it
is necessary to replace your cabs. If you do not have enough carbs, the
body will use up your protein stores (muscle) rather than fat. So
within a half hour or so after exercising consume some carbohydrate.
You can also mix in a half bottle of sport drink in your water and
consume it while exercising so that you replace carbohydrate while you
exercise and replace essential electrolytes like pottasium and sodium.
Do not starve yourself after exercise. Your body will consume your
protein rather than fat. Again its important to replace carbs.

ryan scott
October 4th 06, 09:45 AM
ahh ok. thanks norm. thats what i needed to know
ups.com...