PDA

View Full Version : Re: Cutting back on Arm Exercises

Bully
October 3rd 06, 06:42 AM
Shute wrote:
> I have heard some people mention they don't train their upper arms
> directly at all. I am curios how many agree with that.
>
> I am thinking of cutting my bicep/tricep exercises down to one
> exercise each over a single day per week. I have been treating the
> upper arms as two muscle. Yet I treat the other limbs as only one
> muscle each. My goal is to focus more on my back and legs which are
> kind of pathetic. I figure the extra back work is going to working
> the arms a bit more anyway.
>
> Does this sound like stupid plan? I know most guys go crazy on the
> arm work.

Sounds like a very sensible plan. What is your planned training regime?

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Pete
October 3rd 06, 03:54 PM
"Shute" > schreef:

> This is my expected battle plan:
> Monday:
> Squat
> Deadlift
> Seated Calve Raise
> Dumbbell Row
> Flys
> Reverse Fly
> Wrist Curls

> Wednesday:
> Deadlift
> Lunges
> Good Morning
> Shrugs
> Military Press
> Seated Lever Row
> Reverse Wrist Curl

> Friday:
> Flat Bench Press
> Leg Press
> Leg Curls
> Lat Pulldown
> Stand Calve Raise
> Tricep Extension
> EZ Preacher Curl

Sorry Shute, but this is ONE ****ed up schedule!

I mean, MFW you work the legs, back and some other major muscles.

Why dont you try a A-B-A, B-A-B kinda schedule, with A being upper body and
B legs and abs?
I did that myself for a few years, with good results and good recovery.

----
Pete

Bully
October 3rd 06, 04:30 PM
Pete wrote:
> "Shute" > schreef:
>
>> This is my expected battle plan:
>> Monday:
>> Squat
>> Deadlift
>> Seated Calve Raise
>> Dumbbell Row
>> Flys
>> Reverse Fly
>> Wrist Curls
>
>> Wednesday:
>> Deadlift
>> Lunges
>> Good Morning
>> Shrugs
>> Military Press
>> Seated Lever Row
>> Reverse Wrist Curl
>
>> Friday:
>> Flat Bench Press
>> Leg Press
>> Leg Curls
>> Lat Pulldown
>> Stand Calve Raise
>> Tricep Extension
>> EZ Preacher Curl
>
> Sorry Shute, but this is ONE ****ed up schedule!
>
> I mean, MFW you work the legs, back and some other major muscles.
>
> Why dont you try a A-B-A, B-A-B kinda schedule, with A being upper
> body and B legs and abs?
> I did that myself for a few years, with good results and good
> recovery.
> ----
> Pete

What Pete said, although you could do A-B-C with A being squats, B being
bench press and C being deadlifts and then add in bits and pieces alongside.

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Tom Anderson
October 3rd 06, 05:36 PM
On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, Pete wrote:

> "Shute" > schreef:
>
>> Monday: Squat Deadlift Seated Calve Raise Dumbbell Row Flys Reverse Fly
>> Wrist Curls
>>
>> Wednesday: Deadlift Lunges Good Morning Shrugs Military Press Seated
>> Lever Row Reverse Wrist Curl
>>
>> Friday: Flat Bench Press Leg Press Leg Curls Lat Pulldown Stand Calve
>> Raise Tricep Extension EZ Preacher Curl
>
> Sorry Shute, but this is ONE ****ed up schedule!
>
> I mean, MFW you work the legs, back and some other major muscles.

It looks like a reasonably normal three-day whole-body workout to me. He
does different moves for each body part on the three days, rather than the
same ones each time, but apart from that, normal. Maybe if he's a really
hardcore lifter going for heavy triples on everything, that's a bad idea,
but for a normal guy, it's fine, no? Course, i don't know if Shute is
normal or not ...

I might swap wednesday's and friday's leg work, to maximise the gaps
between deadlifts, but it doesn't seem like a huge deal.

tom

--
The girlfriend of my friend is my enemy.

Andrzej Rosa
October 3rd 06, 11:43 PM
Dnia 2006-10-03 Shute napisał(a):
> On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 13:13:22 -0400, Shute > wrote:
>
> Hey I decided it would better if I just through some workout numbers
> in to show how much I need to catch up on my squat and dead lift. All
> lifts are about a set of 8:

If you need better squat and DL so squat and DL. Your plan was a bit,
how to say it, ambitious. Too many exercises in one session. If you
do justice to your lower body work than you should not "have it in you"
to do so much later.

[...]
> I tried 175 when I started squats but I decided they where not very
> good squats. So then I lowered the weight but know it doesn't feel
> like it is working the muscle very well. I shouldn't be lifting over
> my head as much as I can squat. I figured if I tried some more
> exercises for them and more often it would help get their fitness
> level up so I can increase the weight.

It will, but simpler solution is to do more squats. More sets, more
often and so on. If you want to squat more then squat more.

Lets say that you want to prioritize squats and DLs. I would do
something like that.

A: Squat, bench, military and calves
B: DL, row, pulldown, biceps/triceps

Throw in some ab work whenever you feel like you could stand a bit more
punishment.

Experiment with sets and reps a little until you feel like you did what
you could that day. If you need 5 work sets of 8 do them. That simple.

One lift a day can be a killer if you drain yourself on your chosen
lift.

One more thing. You need to teach your body how to do serious work
during your chosen exercises. In the beginning concentrate on basics
and it will work.

Like Pavel said "Chain yourself to a squat rack and call me in a year".

--
Andrzej Rosa 1127R

Pete
October 4th 06, 11:08 AM
"Tom Anderson" > schreef:

>> Sorry Shute, but this is ONE ****ed up schedule!

>> I mean, MFW you work the legs, back and some other major muscles.

> It looks like a reasonably normal three-day whole-body workout to me. He
> does different moves for each body part on the three days, rather than the
> same ones each time, but apart from that, normal.

True, the movements are the different, but you use the same muscles. And
they can only contract one way.

I believe Shute is trying to increase strength/mass. I really am convinced 3
times a week is a little too much.

> Maybe if he's a really hardcore lifter going for heavy triples on
> everything, that's a bad idea, but for a normal guy, it's fine, no?

IMO, best thing is organize a schedule for 2-3 weeks, not one week.

In his case, i would do EOD/EO2D.

So thats monday, wednesday, saturday, monday, thursday, saturday, tuesday,
thursday, sunday, tuesday, friday, monday.

Repeat cycle.
Sure, its almost as much as 3 times a week, but i think recovery is better.

Or EOD/EO2D/EO2D. I did myself for quite a while.
He can fill in the days himself.

Ah, what the hell...

Monday, wednesday, saturday, tuesday, thursday, sunday, wednesday, friday,
monday. etc...

For myself, i organize everything for 4 weeks. I want each part to be hit
hard 6 times in that period. If i am lazy the first 2 weeks, i compensate
the last 2. Or, the other way around.

From the first day i started to train, i noticed that each schedule was
designed to fit into a week. That never made any sense to me... probably
because weeks didnt make any sense, its an odd number.

> Course, i don't know if Shute is normal or not ...

I have my doubts about that as well.

> I might swap wednesday's and friday's leg work, to maximise the gaps
> between deadlifts, but it doesn't seem like a huge deal.

IMO, deadlifts ALWAYS **** a logic schedule. They overlap the legs and back.
Which is why i stopped doing them.

----
Pete

Tom Anderson
October 4th 06, 09:02 PM
On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Pete wrote:

> "Tom Anderson" > schreef:
>
>>> Sorry Shute, but this is ONE ****ed up schedule!
>>>
>>> I mean, MFW you work the legs, back and some other major muscles.
>>
>> It looks like a reasonably normal three-day whole-body workout to me. He
>> does different moves for each body part on the three days, rather than the
>> same ones each time, but apart from that, normal.
>
> True, the movements are the different, but you use the same muscles. And
> they can only contract one way.

Yes - that wasn't my point; my point was ...

> I believe Shute is trying to increase strength/mass. I really am convinced 3
> times a week is a little too much.

.... that three times a week is normal.

>> Maybe if he's a really hardcore lifter going for heavy triples on
>> everything, that's a bad idea, but for a normal guy, it's fine, no?
>
> IMO, best thing is organize a schedule for 2-3 weeks, not one week.
>
> In his case, i would do EOD/EO2D.
>
> So thats monday, wednesday, saturday, monday, thursday, saturday, tuesday,
> thursday, sunday, tuesday, friday, monday.
>
> Repeat cycle. Sure, its almost as much as 3 times a week,

93% as much.

> but i think recovery is better.

You get a one-day rest after half your days, and a two-day rest after
half; i get a one-day rest after two-thirds, and a two-day rest after one
third. Yes, your way is a bit better, but it doesn't seem like a big deal.

> From the first day i started to train, i noticed that each schedule was
> designed to fit into a week. That never made any sense to me... probably
> because weeks didnt make any sense, its an odd number.

Sir, you are an original thinker. You're quite right that a week is an
arbitrary unit, and there's no reason to base routines around it.

Although since everything else is based around it, it might help things
mesh more smoothly.

>> Course, i don't know if Shute is normal or not ...
>
> I have my doubts about that as well.

Having seen his numbers, i can see he's about twice as strong as me
(although what's that 50 lb dumbbell row about?), so perhaps he's a
reasonably advanced lifter (or perhaps he's a bit bigger and not a
complete weakling like me), in which case maybe he should be doing
infrequent low-rep/pyramidded heavy work rather than frequent ten-rep
work.

tom

--
wit, speed, and dressing well

Bully
October 5th 06, 07:17 AM
Shute wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 22:43:57 +0000 (UTC), Andrzej Rosa
> > wrote:
>
>> It will, but simpler solution is to do more squats. More sets, more
>> often and so on. If you want to squat more then squat more.
>>
>> Lets say that you want to prioritize squats and DLs. I would do
>> something like that.
>>
>> A: Squat, bench, military and calves
>> B: DL, row, pulldown, biceps/triceps
>>
>> Throw in some ab work whenever you feel like you could stand a bit
>> more punishment.
>>
>> Experiment with sets and reps a little until you feel like you did
>> what you could that day. If you need 5 work sets of 8 do them.
>> That simple.
>>
>> One lift a day can be a killer if you drain yourself on your chosen
>> lift.
>>
>> One more thing. You need to teach your body how to do serious work
>> during your chosen exercises. In the beginning concentrate on basics
>> and it will work.
>>
>> Like Pavel said "Chain yourself to a squat rack and call me in a
>> year".
>
> I do serious work Andzej. I just push myself harder than most people.
> I haven't tried the workout I posted but I have been doing a variation
> of it for quite a while now. And in the past few weeks I have been
> doing 50 minutes of cardio on top. The initial workout had me doing
> each body part two days a week. Each of the two days was a different
> exercise. Now as I began to add in more all around exercises like
> rows, squats, and deadlifts it just doesn't look as practical. That
> is why I wanted to cut the armwork back because they where already
> getting hit pretty hard. The plan may sound "insane" to you but it
> actually works pretty good. Much better than the all body workouts
> "normal" people do. The guy I was friends most with at the gym hadn't
> made any gains in a year. He was a little made at how quickly I moved
> up. I came up with the plan after finding most of the so called
> experts suggesting routines my body would be dead trying to do. This
> one splits it up so I don't kill one body on a single day.
>
> I will try doing more sets like you suggested. The issue may just be
> I need more practice. I only started squatting and deadlifitng maybe
> a month ago. And the prior leg presses I had done did not prepare me
> for them. Today I jumped up about 20 pounds on my deadlift. It seems
> it takes me about 2 months at an exercise to really get into the
> groove with it. Maybe more sets will shorten the time it takes for me
> to the master the lift.
>
> I will also try to come with a new plan which splits up the body more.
> I think the A/B plan is too simple for me since I won't be able get
> all I want into it. I need to think it over a lot more though.

Think not "what I want", but "what I need" !!!

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Bully
October 5th 06, 07:19 AM
Shute wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 12:08:38 +0200, "Pete" >
> wrote:
>
>>> Course, i don't know if Shute is normal or not ...
>>
>> I have my doubts about that as well.
>
> I will take that as a compliment. I used to workout on a military
> base where people are a bit more serious.

In that case, wtf are you doing your cardio on the cross-trainer for? Do you
have a Concept2 rowing machine available to you?

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Pete
October 5th 06, 08:46 AM
"DZ" > schreef:

> I had very good results with Sheiko's program where you do the same
> exercise up to 5 days a week, sometimes 3 days in a row
> (http://www.zyworld.com/powerlifting/benchsheiko.htm). I found that in
> all upper body exercises I tend to de-train if I do that exercise only
> 1-2 times a week.

Because you are a genetic anomaly.

BTW, i burned your video where you pulling that huge weight, and brought it
to my gym.
The owner, and several other guys, couldnt believe what they saw.

I told them you are using one of those "secret Russian steroids."

And that i had ordered some. You dont mind, do you?

----
Pete

Pete
October 5th 06, 09:05 AM
"Tom Anderson" > schreef:

>> True, the movements are the different, but you use the same muscles. And
>> they can only contract one way.

> Yes - that wasn't my point; my point was ...

>> I believe Shute is trying to increase strength/mass. I really am
>> convinced 3
>> times a week is a little too much.

> ... that three times a week is normal.

Yeah, yeah, i got it.
Its just that 3 times a week sounds a bit much. To ME, anyway.

After a heavy session, i feel half-dead the next 2-3 days after, when i wake
up.

>> Repeat cycle. Sure, its almost as much as 3 times a week,

> 93% as much.

>> but i think recovery is better.

> You get a one-day rest after half your days, and a two-day rest after
> half; i get a one-day rest after two-thirds, and a two-day rest after one
> third. Yes, your way is a bit better, but it doesn't seem like a big deal.

True.
EOD/EO2D/EO2D is probably better. IF you need more time to recover.

>> From the first day i started to train, i noticed that each schedule was
>> designed to fit into a week. That never made any sense to me... probably
>> because weeks didnt make any sense, its an odd number.

> Sir, you are an original thinker. You're quite right that a week is an
> arbitrary unit, and there's no reason to base routines around it.

> Although since everything else is based around it, it might help things
> mesh more smoothly.

A friend of mine, 43 years old, INSIST on working the chest on monday.
Because he read somewhere that Arnold said it was the best day to train
chest. No, i am not kidding.

He is either very stupid, or intelligent, and does it on purpose, to ****
me off...
It works.

But then again, he also insist on resting 30 seconds between sets. Because
its REQUIRED for Bbers to do say.
I asked him several times where the hell that came from...
I am still waiting for an answer.

>>> Course, i don't know if Shute is normal or not ...

>> I have my doubts about that as well.

> Having seen his numbers, i can see he's about twice as strong as me...

Squat 135
Leg Press 270
Seated Calve Raise 85
Seated Lever Row 150
Deadlift 150
Dumbbell Row 50
Lat Pulldown 140
Flat Bench Press 180
Military Press 120
Tricep Extension 70

Are you joking? Twice as strong ?!?!?!

> (although what's that 50 lb dumbbell row about?), so perhaps he's a
> reasonably advanced lifter...

Its pounds, NOT kilos, right?
I have to admit, that pressing 120 for shoulders with a 135 squat seems a
bit odd...
Cant comment about the "lever row", i dont know at which point the lever is
at.

Shute, at which point is the lever attached?

----
Pete

Pete
October 5th 06, 09:18 AM
"Shute" > schreef:

> I will take that as a compliment. I used to workout on a military
> base where people are a bit more serious. No fluff clothing...

You said fluff.

----
Pete

Bully
October 5th 06, 09:27 AM
Pete wrote:
[...]

>> Having seen his numbers, i can see he's about twice as strong as
>> me...
>
> Squat 135
> Leg Press 270
> Seated Calve Raise 85
> Seated Lever Row 150
> Deadlift 150
> Dumbbell Row 50
> Lat Pulldown 140
> Flat Bench Press 180
> Military Press 120
> Tricep Extension 70
>
> Are you joking? Twice as strong ?!?!?!
>
>> (although what's that 50 lb dumbbell row about?), so perhaps he's a
>> reasonably advanced lifter...

WTF?

> Its pounds, NOT kilos, right?
> I have to admit, that pressing 120 for shoulders with a 135 squat
> seems a bit odd...

Not when you see that his bench is 180; it all makes perfect sense !

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Pete
October 5th 06, 10:02 AM
"Bully" > schreef:

>> Are you joking? Twice as strong ?!?!?!

>>> (although what's that 50 lb dumbbell row about?), so perhaps he's a
>>> reasonably advanced lifter...

> WTF?

Yeah, i didnt get that either...

>> Its pounds, NOT kilos, right?
>> I have to admit, that pressing 120 for shoulders with a 135 squat
>> seems a bit odd...

> Not when you see that his bench is 180; it all makes perfect sense !

****... i missed that!
Yeah, thats a bench with about 135% of what you can squat.

I think for guys, here, and among most gyms, its the other way around. With
150% not being THAT unusual...

----
Pete

Bully
October 5th 06, 10:38 AM
Pete wrote:
> "Bully" > schreef:
>
>>> Are you joking? Twice as strong ?!?!?!

>> WTF?
>
> Yeah, i didnt get that either...
>
>>> Its pounds, NOT kilos, right?
>>> I have to admit, that pressing 120 for shoulders with a 135 squat
>>> seems a bit odd...
>
>> Not when you see that his bench is 180; it all makes perfect sense !
>
> ****... i missed that!
> Yeah, thats a bench with about 135% of what you can squat.
>
> I think for guys, here, and among most gyms, its the other way
> around. With 150% not being THAT unusual...
>
> ----
> Pete

I'm work with a b:s:d ratio of 3:4:5 and it seems to suit me perfectly [(c)
Stuart McRoberts / Brawn]

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Andrzej Rosa
October 5th 06, 01:39 PM
Dnia 2006-10-05 Shute napisał(a):

> I do serious work Andzej. I just push myself harder than most people.

Oh, I believe you. I've seen what you plan on doing. ;-)

> I haven't tried the workout I posted but I have been doing a variation
> of it for quite a while now.

So, it looks like you had something which was working and now you plan
to screw it up? Sounds familiar. ;-)

> And in the past few weeks I have been
> doing 50 minutes of cardio on top. The initial workout had me doing
> each body part two days a week. Each of the two days was a different
> exercise. Now as I began to add in more all around exercises like
> rows, squats, and deadlifts it just doesn't look as practical. That
> is why I wanted to cut the armwork back because they where already
> getting hit pretty hard. The plan may sound "insane" to you but it
> actually works pretty good. Much better than the all body workouts
> "normal" people do.

Maybe. I'm not sure to what kind of workout you are referring to.

It's not insane to do full body but with different exercises. What
looked overly optimistic for me was the number of exercises you planned
on doing during a single session.

I say, that if you give what you can to the first couple of them, the
rest should be some sort of a joke at best.

> The guy I was friends most with at the gym hadn't
> made any gains in a year. He was a little made at how quickly I moved
> up. I came up with the plan after finding most of the so called
> experts suggesting routines my body would be dead trying to do. This
> one splits it up so I don't kill one body on a single day.
>
> I will try doing more sets like you suggested. The issue may just be
> I need more practice. I only started squatting and deadlifitng maybe
> a month ago. And the prior leg presses I had done did not prepare me
> for them. Today I jumped up about 20 pounds on my deadlift. It seems
> it takes me about 2 months at an exercise to really get into the
> groove with it. Maybe more sets will shorten the time it takes for me
> to the master the lift.
>
> I will also try to come with a new plan which splits up the body more.
> I think the A/B plan is too simple for me since I won't be able get
> all I want into it. I need to think it over a lot more though.

Simple is good. A/B is good. If you want to improve your squat and DL,
do squat and DL. Do not complicate things above necessity (Ockham's
razor ;-)).

Why is it that everybody has to make his own mistakes?

Do you know what's going to happen if you will persist on pushing yourself
so much for a long time? I know.

Have a look at Pete's workout he posted recently. It's all simplicity
and I bet it works.

--
Andrzej Rosa

Bully
October 5th 06, 03:25 PM
Shute wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 07:19:16 +0100, "Bully" >
> wrote:
>
>> Shute wrote:

>>> I will take that as a compliment. I used to workout on a military
>>> base where people are a bit more serious.
>>
>> In that case, wtf are you doing your cardio on the cross-trainer
>> for? Do you have a Concept2 rowing machine available to you?
>
> The old place didn't have a rowing machine. They where in the process
> of building a new gym which I will never see. The new place does have
> a couple of rowing machines but they are not likely as fancy as the
> ones you use. How long do you use one for?

At the moment, anything between 11 1/2 and 30 minutes. Regardless, I'm ready
to barf by the time I have finished. I will post a sample workout if you
really feel you are tuff enuff!

> How many calories are you
> burning up?

Much as you don't REALLY know how many kcals you are using in an hour on the
x-trainer, I have no scientific way of knowing how many I am burning in my
time on the C2.

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Tom Anderson
October 5th 06, 03:57 PM
On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Bully wrote:

> Pete wrote:
> [...]
>
>>> Having seen his numbers, i can see he's about twice as strong as
>>> me...
>>
>> Squat 135
>> Leg Press 270
>> Seated Calve Raise 85
>> Seated Lever Row 150
>> Deadlift 150
>> Dumbbell Row 50
>> Lat Pulldown 140
>> Flat Bench Press 180
>> Military Press 120
>> Tricep Extension 70
>>
>> Are you joking? Twice as strong ?!?!?!

Based on my current lifts, each for a ~10 reps:

leg press 60 kg one-legged
calf raise 70 kg one-legged
bent-over row 70 lb
front pulldown 135 lb ish (some weird number - 137.5?)
bench press 2 x 55 lb
shoulder press 2 x 35 lb

Er, actually, no. Although his bench and shoulder presses are certainly
loads better than mine, even allowing for the fact that i'm using
dumbbells. My shoulder press is ass.

Hmm. With a seated leg press machine, where you move on a sled up a
slight incline, how much of your own weight are you lifting? Lifting 70 kg
with one calf feels like a lot in the gym, but lifting my own bodyweight
of 75+ kg standing on a floor feels like nothing.

>>> (although what's that 50 lb dumbbell row about?), so perhaps he's a
>>> reasonably advanced lifter...
>
> WTF?

Poor choice of words - i meant 'not a beginner'.

tom

--
intelligence, purity, the potential freedom of space, and the potential
aesthetics of mathematical computations

Pete
October 5th 06, 04:39 PM
"Tom Anderson" > schreef:

>>> Are you joking? Twice as strong ?!?!?!

> Based on my current lifts, each for a ~10 reps:

> leg press 60 kg one-legged
> calf raise 70 kg one-legged
> bent-over row 70 lb
> front pulldown 135 lb ish (some weird number - 137.5?)
> bench press 2 x 55 lb
> shoulder press 2 x 35 lb

Okay.
For some reason, i assumed you were stronger.

> Er, actually, no. Although his bench and shoulder presses are certainly
> loads better than mine, even allowing for the fact that i'm using
> dumbbells. My shoulder press is ass.

My front press is one of my best lifts!
But my bench sucks bigtime...

> Hmm. With a seated leg press machine, where you move on a sled up a slight
> incline, how much of your own weight are you lifting?

Almost nothing, i guess.

> Lifting 70 kg with one calf feels like a lot in the gym, but lifting my
> own bodyweight of 75+ kg standing on a floor feels like nothing.

For several years, i used my bodyweight doing standing one legged calf
raises, with good results.
I see guys struggle in the gym with 200 kilos, yet they never have much
results...

----
Pete

Tom Anderson
October 5th 06, 08:45 PM
On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Pete wrote:

>> Based on my current lifts, each for a ~10 reps:
>>
>> leg press 60 kg one-legged
>> calf raise 70 kg one-legged
>> bent-over row 70 lb
>> front pulldown 135 lb ish (some weird number - 137.5?)
>> bench press 2 x 55 lb
>> shoulder press 2 x 35 lb
>
> Okay.
> For some reason, i assumed you were stronger.

Big mouth, small arms!

tom

--
see im down wid yo sci fi crew

Bully
October 6th 06, 06:53 AM
Shute wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 11:02:06 +0200, "Pete" >
> wrote:

>>> WTF?
>
> Why how much should I be doing with those? I only just started the
> dumbell version of the row so I probably have to get used to it. And
> you are talking about just one arm right? I don't have anyone else to
> compare to so I don't know how much I should be using.

More than you are currently using. Every newbie I've ever seen doing d/bell
rows is using a weight that is waaaaay too light. For starters, add 20% on
to what you currently do!

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Bully
October 6th 06, 07:07 AM
Shute wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 15:25:17 +0100, "Bully" >
> wrote:
>
>> At the moment, anything between 11 1/2 and 30 minutes. Regardless,
>> I'm ready to barf by the time I have finished. I will post a sample
>> workout if you really feel you are tuff enuff!
>
> I just looked up the concept2 and model my gym looks similar although
> I am still not sure what kind they are. I am interested in anything
> you have to say about it. It doesn't get used much and I am sure the
> staff doesn't know much about it. I was thinking about using it in
> combination with the cross trainer. Maybe I could do 10 minutes
> rowing and 20 on the cross trainer.

Maybe you could just do 30 mins rowing :) ? Why are you so keen on sticking
with the x-trainer?

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Pete
October 7th 06, 11:09 AM
"DZ" > schreef:

> I told you Pete that I don't use athletic aids... I don't need to be a
> "nurture" anomaly in addition to being a freak of "nature".
> But go ahead, mislead your friends...

Isnt that what friends are for?

> - just not the authorities!

Cant help myself. I cant resist.