PDA

View Full Version : Re: Supplement Advice


Andrzej Rosa
October 3rd 06, 07:07 AM
Dnia 2006-10-03 Shute napisał(a):
> I am rounding in on my target after dropping 40 pounds. I was
> thinking about supplements during my builk up plan

Do not bulk up. You can't naturally build more than a pound or two of
muscles per month, so if you go for what many people consider a bulk-up
phase you'll mostly do some sort of yo-yo dieting. No good.

BTW - If I got the message right, you are not stable at your target
weight just yet, so consider "anchoring" yourself where you are for a
while, even if you decide to do some yo-yo.

--
Andrzej Rosa 1127R

Andrzej Rosa
October 3rd 06, 03:28 PM
Dnia 2006-10-03 Shute napisał(a):
> On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 06:07:10 +0000 (UTC), Andrzej Rosa
> wrote:
>
>>Do not bulk up. You can't naturally build more than a pound or two of
>>muscles per month, so if you go for what many people consider a bulk-up
>>phase you'll mostly do some sort of yo-yo dieting. No good.
>
> Yeah in my opinion that is what a lot of mothers do. I saw some show
> the other day where the mother was complaining about the 60 pounds of
> fat she gained while pregnant. All I could think was the kid coming
> out is only like 8 pounds.

There is more to it than just a kid, but 60 pounds is excessive. The
same with bulking-up for growing muscles.

> I can see eating extra for the kid but I
> think many woman way over do it. Then they can never get the weight
> off afterward.

Depends. Some do. Their bodies "make them" eat more but when the
hormones stop some are able to get back to their good looks.

Here also I have a point. Without any "bulking" I always get fatter
during winter and slim down during spring without any "cutting". Some
variation seems to be built into the system already.

>>BTW - If I got the message right, you are not stable at your target
>>weight just yet, so consider "anchoring" yourself where you are for a
>>while, even if you decide to do some yo-yo.
>
> Yeah when I finally reach my level I will have to find a way to keep
> it stable. I plan to cut way back on the cardio but I will have to
> play around until I find how much I need.

So that's my point. You'll not likely need any conscious bulking phase
for a while.

I don't remember congratulating you on your progress, so I do it now.
40lb of lard is a lot of dedication. Great work!

--
Andrzej Rosa 1127R

Steve Freides
October 3rd 06, 06:49 PM
"Andrzej Rosa" > wrote in message
...
> Dnia 2006-10-03 Shute napisał(a):
>> On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 06:07:10 +0000 (UTC), Andrzej Rosa
> wrote:
>>
>>>Do not bulk up. You can't naturally build more than a pound or two
>>>of
>>>muscles per month, so if you go for what many people consider a
>>>bulk-up
>>>phase you'll mostly do some sort of yo-yo dieting. No good.
>>
>> Yeah in my opinion that is what a lot of mothers do. I saw some show
>> the other day where the mother was complaining about the 60 pounds of
>> fat she gained while pregnant. All I could think was the kid coming
>> out is only like 8 pounds.
>
> There is more to it than just a kid, but 60 pounds is excessive. The
> same with bulking-up for growing muscles.
>
>> I can see eating extra for the kid but I
>> think many woman way over do it. Then they can never get the weight
>> off afterward.
>
> Depends. Some do. Their bodies "make them" eat more but when the
> hormones stop some are able to get back to their good looks.
>
> Here also I have a point. Without any "bulking" I always get fatter
> during winter and slim down during spring without any "cutting". Some
> variation seems to be built into the system already.
>
>>>BTW - If I got the message right, you are not stable at your target
>>>weight just yet, so consider "anchoring" yourself where you are for a
>>>while, even if you decide to do some yo-yo.
>>
>> Yeah when I finally reach my level I will have to find a way to keep
>> it stable. I plan to cut way back on the cardio but I will have to
>> play around until I find how much I need.
>
> So that's my point. You'll not likely need any conscious bulking
> phase
> for a while.
>
> I don't remember congratulating you on your progress, so I do it now.
> 40lb of lard is a lot of dedication. Great work!

What you said. :) I agree that maintaining the new weight for a while
is an excellent idea. 1 gram of protein per kilogram of bodyweight is
sufficient to do that. As to other supplements to one's diet, take what
you need that you feel helps you, e.g., a multivitamin, some healthy
oils, etc.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com