PDA

View Full Version : Increase Oxygen Levels?

john
January 6th 07, 01:25 AM
Im trying to figure out a way to increase my oxygen levels during long,
strenous workouts. I lift 3 times a week...but at 6 hours a night. So
yeah, you could probably understand why im out of breath so quick. My first
2 to 3 hours are no problem...but its after that when I have to take longer
breaks to regain my oxygen. (or atleast thats what it feels like)
Physically, im ready for more and more..... but Oxygen wise im not. I
feel like if I had one of those breathing aparatas that football players
have after a long run, that I would be able to finish my workouts quicker.

any ideas?

EatMe
January 6th 07, 01:51 AM
john wrote:
> Im trying to figure out a way to increase my oxygen levels during long,
> strenous workouts. I lift 3 times a week...but at 6 hours a night. So
> yeah, you could probably understand why im out of breath so quick. My first
> 2 to 3 hours are no problem...but its after that when I have to take longer
> breaks to regain my oxygen. (or atleast thats what it feels like)
> Physically, im ready for more and more..... but Oxygen wise im not. I
> feel like if I had one of those breathing aparatas that football players
> have after a long run, that I would be able to finish my workouts quicker.
>
> any ideas?

A 6 hour work out is an oxymoron. Get a clue. Or google search.

Personally I think your out of breath from excessive deepthroating in
the men's room.

john
January 6th 07, 02:24 AM
> A 6 hour work out is an oxymoron. Get a clue. Or google search.
>
> Personally I think your out of breath from excessive deepthroating in
> the men's room.

Thanks Troll for your uselessness. Serious replies only please.

thanks

EatMe
January 6th 07, 02:33 AM
john wrote:
> > A 6 hour work out is an oxymoron. Get a clue. Or google search.
> >
> > Personally I think your out of breath from excessive deepthroating in
> > the men's room.
> >

> Thanks Troll for your uselessness. Serious replies only please.
>
> thanks

Ok, seriously. Do your own research and start by googling this group
and you'll find that past about 45-60 minutes glycogen stores drop and
so too does the ability to lift with sufficient intensity to promote
growth- never mind the ludicrous claim of 6 hours 3 x /week as you
made.

So unless you're attempting a double marathon (which is another group
entirely) you are seriously wasting bandwidth posting here.

john
January 6th 07, 03:02 AM
> Ok, seriously. Do your own research and start by googling this group
> and you'll find that past about 45-60 minutes glycogen stores drop and
> so too does the ability to lift with sufficient intensity to promote
> growth- never mind the ludicrous claim of 6 hours 3 x /week as you
> made.
>
> So unless you're attempting a double marathon (which is another group
> entirely) you are seriously wasting bandwidth posting here.

I've been posting here for years, tard. And I get the most gains doing it
this way. I take LONG breaks inbetween. Sometimes aslong as 20 minutes.
(usually only after 3 hours) Im also consuming small amounts of protein
throughout the entire workout. 50 MG protein during the workout and 40 MG
an hour after. Im 6' 2" , 220. Staying Pumped is the KEY !! Im not
killing myself over the 6 hours. Im taking it slow but consistent.

David Cohen
January 6th 07, 04:33 AM
john wrote:
> feel like if I had one of those breathing aparatas that football players
> have after a long run, that I would be able to finish my workouts quicker.

No. It's a placebo. Your percent hemoglobin saturation after your
workout is 100%. It can't be higher. Your amount of dissolved plasma
oxygen can be raised a little by increasing the free inspired oxygen
concentration (FiO2)...ie, breathing 100% oxygen from a tank versus 21%
atmospheric oxygen. HOWEVER, dissolved plasma oxygen is a tiny portion
of the oxygen in your blood. So, unless you want to invest in a
hyperbaric chamber, forget sucking on an oxygen tank.

David

joanne
January 6th 07, 07:31 AM
On Jan 5, 7:02 pm, "john" > wrote:
> this way. I take LONG breaks inbetween. Sometimes aslong as 20 minutes.
> (usually only after 3 hours) Im also consuming small amounts of protein
> throughout the entire workout. 50 MG protein during the workout and 40 MG
> an hour after. Im 6' 2" , 220. Staying Pumped is the KEY !! Im not
> killing myself over the 6 hours. Im taking it slow but consistent.

Going back to the main question, of how to increase your oxygen levels
while working out? Weight training in 'anaerobic' meaning 'without
oxygen'. So workout for a shorter period with more intensity. Dont
rest more than it takes to change plates or equipment. These long
breaks and long drawnout workouts may not be as effective as you think
they are. Sure you got gains before, but have you tried shorter
programs? Look into how the human body works to use, make and throw
off energy. ATP and all that chemical reactions. When you 'rest' you
are allowing your heartbeat and bloodflow to decrease. Waste products
your bloodstream dont get cleared out. Then you expect everything to
jumpstart again when you deem yourself 'rested' enough to continue? No
wonder your oxygen levels are low ...

joanne

Bully
January 6th 07, 07:34 AM
john wrote:
> Im trying to figure out a way to increase my oxygen levels during
> long, strenous workouts. I lift 3 times a week...but at 6 hours a
> night. So yeah, you could probably understand why im out of breath
> so quick. My first 2 to 3 hours are no problem...but its after that
> when I have to take longer breaks to regain my oxygen. (or atleast
> thats what it feels like) Physically, im ready for more and more.....
> but Oxygen wise im not. I feel like if I had one of those
> breathing aparatas that football players have after a long run, that
> I would be able to finish my workouts quicker.
> any ideas?

Are you serious that you work out for 6 hours at a time? If so, what are
your goals and what does your routine look like?

--
Bully

matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Pete \(New & Improved, Version 4.08a\)
January 6th 07, 03:35 PM
"john" > schreef:

> Im trying to figure out a way to increase my oxygen levels during long,
> strenous workouts. I lift 3 times a week...but at 6 hours a night.

You think thats enough ?!?!?!

> So yeah, you could probably understand why im out of breath so quick. My
> first 2 to 3 hours are no problem...

Okay.

> but its after that when I have to take longer breaks to regain my oxygen.
> (or atleast thats what it feels like) Physically, im ready for more and
> more..... but Oxygen wise im not. I feel like if I had one of those
> breathing aparatas that football players have after a long run, that I
> would be able to finish my workouts quicker.

> any ideas?

Yes.

You dont need oxygen. Really, you dont.

--
Pete, The New & Improved Version

"Take your own advice: killfile. I took your advice on that subject BTW.
Your turn dude" -- Will Brink

"Problem is, I still see his/their posts 'cause
you respond to them, and that throws the balance of the universe of" -- Will
Brink

Pete \(New & Improved, Version 4.08a\)
January 6th 07, 04:15 PM
"john" > schreef:

> I've been posting here for years, tard. And I get the most gains doing it
> this way. I take LONG breaks inbetween. Sometimes aslong as 20 minutes...

Do you think thats long enough ?!?!?!

> (usually only after 3 hours)...

My workouts las for about 2 hours.

After an hour, my rest periods are in the 3-5 minute range.

> Im also consuming small amounts of protein
> throughout the entire workout. 50 MG protein during the workout and 40 MG
> an hour after.

Milligram, you said?

> Im 6' 2" , 220. Staying Pumped is the KEY !! Im not
> killing myself over the 6 hours. Im taking it slow but consistent.

You are a bit weird. Dont take that personal, i am not normal too.

So when you post, i kinda feel like Curt when soeone comes along and admit
that he is skinny.

Thanks for posting.

--
Pete, The New & Improved Version

"Take your own advice: killfile. I took your advice on that subject BTW.
Your turn dude" -- Will Brink

"Problem is, I still see his/their posts 'cause
you respond to them, and that throws the balance of the universe of" -- Will
Brink

ATP*
January 6th 07, 05:14 PM
"Pete (New & Improved, Version 4.08a)" > wrote in
message ...
> "john" > schreef:

..

>> Im also consuming small amounts of protein
>> throughout the entire workout. 50 MG protein during the workout and 40
>> MG
>> an hour after.
>
> Milligram, you said?

Bear with us, Pete. Metrification is proceeding a little more slowly than
planned....

EatMe
January 7th 07, 01:56 AM
Shute wrote:
> On 5 Jan 2007 18:33:29 -0800, "EatMe" > wrote:
>
> > So unless you're attempting a double marathon (which is another group
> >entirely) you are seriously wasting bandwidth posting here.
>
> Like you.

There is NOTHING latent about you is there, Shute?

Or whatever your name is? Eh, skippy?

EatMe
January 7th 07, 02:02 AM
john wrote:
> > Ok, seriously. Do your own research and start by googling this group
> > and you'll find that past about 45-60 minutes glycogen stores drop and
> > so too does the ability to lift with sufficient intensity to promote
> > growth- never mind the ludicrous claim of 6 hours 3 x /week as you
> > made.
> >
> > So unless you're attempting a double marathon (which is another group
> > entirely) you are seriously wasting bandwidth posting here.
> >

> I've been posting here for years, tard.

And who really gives a smokin' turd about such matters eh, twit?

And I get the most gains doing it
> this way. I take LONG breaks inbetween.

Measured in days?

Sometimes aslong as 20 minutes.

Then why bother squippage? Maybe you should do some research on
growth?

Oh wait, too late, you're asking about sucking wind on a tank because
you're already too ****tarded to grow a brain (and a clue) and figger
out that a 6 hour workout IS INSANE for even a juice monkey!

So sod off jerkweed.

Thank you.

I hate it when dillholes such as "John" upset my equilibrium. It makes
for such an ugly scrum.

Ahem.

> (usually only after 3 hours) Im also consuming small amounts of protein
> throughout the entire workout. 50 MG protein during the workout and 40 MG
> an hour after. Im 6' 2" , 220. Staying Pumped is the KEY !! Im not
> killing myself over the 6 hours. Im taking it slow but consistent.

EatMe
January 7th 07, 02:42 AM
john wrote:
> > Ok, seriously. Do your own research and start by googling this group
> > and you'll find that past about 45-60 minutes glycogen stores drop and
> > so too does the ability to lift with sufficient intensity to promote
> > growth- never mind the ludicrous claim of 6 hours 3 x /week as you
> > made.
> >
> > So unless you're attempting a double marathon (which is another group
> > entirely) you are seriously wasting bandwidth posting here.
> >

> I've been posting here for years, tard.

Whatever, halfwit,

And I get the most gains doing it
> this way. I take LONG breaks inbetween

Inbetween what? Shortstroking your Schute perhaps?

.. Sometimes aslong as 20 minutes.

ASlong is not a word re-TARD.

> (usually only after 3 hours) Im also consuming small amounts of protein
> throughout the entire workout. 50 MG

And this is a MIG?

Some kind of British sports car?

Go home 6 hour workout faggot.