PDA

View Full Version : Re: Tito Rips HHH

January 10th 07, 09:48 PM
" > wrote in
oups.com:

> UFC Fighter Tito Ortiz was asked in the most recent edition of Steppin'
> Out Magazine how a wrestler, such as Triple H, would fare in MMA. Ortiz
> said, "I think he would be horrible. He's too stiff and his cardio
> fitness is horrible. A guy like that isn't an athlete. We're running,
> lifting, and training every day, not for looks or to show off our
> bodies, but to fight and last five rounds at full strength."

FINALLY someone has the balls to speak the truth about those bloated roid
monsters. Bodybuilding is not a sport and they are not athletes.

JeffH
January 10th 07, 10:24 PM
T wrote:
> " > wrote in
> oups.com:
>
> > UFC Fighter Tito Ortiz was asked in the most recent edition of Steppin'
> > Out Magazine how a wrestler, such as Triple H, would fare in MMA. Ortiz
> > said, "I think he would be horrible. He's too stiff and his cardio
> > fitness is horrible. A guy like that isn't an athlete. We're running,
> > lifting, and training every day, not for looks or to show off our
> > bodies, but to fight and last five rounds at full strength."
> >

> FINALLY someone has the balls to speak the truth about those bloated roid
> monsters. Bodybuilding is not a sport and they are not athletes.

True. Tito would kill Triple H in a matter of minutes too I bet.

Bully
January 11th 07, 08:53 AM
In oups.com,
JeffH > typed:
> T wrote:
>> " > wrote in
>> oups.com:
>>
>>> UFC Fighter Tito Ortiz was asked in the most recent edition of
>>> Steppin' Out Magazine how a wrestler, such as Triple H, would fare
>>> in MMA. Ortiz said, "I think he would be horrible. He's too stiff
>>> and his cardio fitness is horrible. A guy like that isn't an
>>> athlete. We're running, lifting, and training every day, not for
>>> looks or to show off our bodies, but to fight and last five rounds
>>> at full strength."
>>>

>> FINALLY someone has the balls to speak the truth about those bloated
>> roid monsters. Bodybuilding is not a sport and they are not athletes.
>
> True. Tito would kill Triple H in a matter of minutes too I bet.

No way, Hunter would Pedigree him within 10 seconds of the bell going ;)!

--
Bully

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees
the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

January 11th 07, 04:49 PM
T wrote:
> " > wrote in
> oups.com:
>
> > UFC Fighter Tito Ortiz was asked in the most recent edition of Steppin'
> > Out Magazine how a wrestler, such as Triple H, would fare in MMA. Ortiz
> > said, "I think he would be horrible. He's too stiff and his cardio
> > fitness is horrible. A guy like that isn't an athlete. We're running,
> > lifting, and training every day, not for looks or to show off our
> > bodies, but to fight and last five rounds at full strength."
> >

> FINALLY someone has the balls to speak the truth about those bloated roid
> monsters. Bodybuilding is not a sport and they are not athletes.

Tito is comparing apples and oranges here. Pro wrestlers and
bodybuilders are athletes and anyone who say different is obviously
ignorant or just plain stupid. Would tito ortiz last in a pro wrestling
ring? With the proper training pro wrestlers go through I woudl say
yes. Just ask Ken Shamerock. He did the WWF thing back in the mid
1990's. As for bodybuilders, they are also great athletes. Just go into
any hardcore gym and see the type of training they are engaged in. It
is also a life style. You have the training the dieting and the contest
prep and cardio work. You see, most of the people out there; the
typical subway riding 9 to 5 ham & egger punk always point to steroids
as being the results of any athletes progress. There is a boat load of
hard work that goes into being the best in any sport. You failers out
there should wake up and know your role and shut your mouth. You arm
chair idiotic sport fan phonies.

ONM
January 12th 07, 01:53 PM
"Pro wrestlers and bodybuilders are athletes and anyone who say
different is obviously ignorant or just plain stupid. "

Body builders are athletes, I'll give you that. Pro-wrestlers....they
are actors. 99% of them would finish in LAST place at a real
bodybuilding contest.

Being athletic doesn't make you a professional athlete just because
your job requires you to get huge. Professional movers that work out
and get huge aren't pro athletes. Action movie actors that work out to
get huge aren't pro athletes.

wrote:
> T wrote:
> > " > wrote in
> > oups.com:
> >
> > > UFC Fighter Tito Ortiz was asked in the most recent edition of Steppin'
> > > Out Magazine how a wrestler, such as Triple H, would fare in MMA. Ortiz
> > > said, "I think he would be horrible. He's too stiff and his cardio
> > > fitness is horrible. A guy like that isn't an athlete. We're running,
> > > lifting, and training every day, not for looks or to show off our
> > > bodies, but to fight and last five rounds at full strength."
> > >

> > FINALLY someone has the balls to speak the truth about those bloated roid
> > monsters. Bodybuilding is not a sport and they are not athletes.
>
> Tito is comparing apples and oranges here. Pro wrestlers and
> bodybuilders are athletes and anyone who say different is obviously
> ignorant or just plain stupid. Would tito ortiz last in a pro wrestling
> ring? With the proper training pro wrestlers go through I woudl say
> yes. Just ask Ken Shamerock. He did the WWF thing back in the mid
> 1990's. As for bodybuilders, they are also great athletes. Just go into
> any hardcore gym and see the type of training they are engaged in. It
> is also a life style. You have the training the dieting and the contest
> prep and cardio work. You see, most of the people out there; the
> typical subway riding 9 to 5 ham & egger punk always point to steroids
> as being the results of any athletes progress. There is a boat load of
> hard work that goes into being the best in any sport. You failers out
> there should wake up and know your role and shut your mouth. You arm
> chair idiotic sport fan phonies.

Bully
January 12th 07, 02:12 PM
In oups.com,
ONM > typed:
> "Pro wrestlers and bodybuilders are athletes and anyone who say
> different is obviously ignorant or just plain stupid. "
>
> Body builders are athletes, I'll give you that. Pro-wrestlers....they
> are actors.

If they are that then they're very FIT, very RIPPED actors. Have you ever
wondered how they get that way?

> 99% of them would finish in LAST place at a real
> bodybuilding contest.

Maybe that's because they're not bodybuilders, eh?

> Being athletic doesn't make you a professional athlete just because
> your job requires you to get huge.

No, for to be a professional athlete you would need to be paid.

> Professional movers that work out
> and get huge aren't pro athletes. Action movie actors that work out
> to get huge aren't pro athletes.

Did anyone suggest they are?

You really are a dickhead.

--
Bully

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees
the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

Reaper G
January 12th 07, 04:15 PM
If memory serves me correctly, ONM wrote:

> "Pro wrestlers and bodybuilders are athletes and anyone who say
> different is obviously ignorant or just plain stupid. "
>
> Body builders are athletes, I'll give you that. Pro-wrestlers....they
> are actors. 99% of them would finish in LAST place at a real
> bodybuilding contest.

"Don't talk about something you know nothing about." - Willy Loman.

Reaper "Ignorance is not always bliss" G
http://www.giantmonstermovies.com

ONM
January 12th 07, 04:34 PM
I'm a dickhead? Dude - either you aren't following the post I was
replying to or your brain is fried from watching too much wrasslin.
I'm pretty sure watching it actually makes you stupid.

> > Body builders are athletes, I'll give you that. Pro-wrestlers....they
> > are actors.
>
> If they are that then they're very FIT, very RIPPED actors. Have you ever
> wondered how they get that way?
Big deal if they are fit actors...good for them, they get paid to act
not to get ripped.

> > Professional movers that work out
> > and get huge aren't pro athletes. Action movie actors that work out
> > to get huge aren't pro athletes.
>
> Did anyone suggest they are?
Yes, suggesting that a WWE superstar is a professional athlete is the
exact same as suggesting that a ripped actor, musclebound car mechanic,
or anyone else in good shape for that matter is a prfessional athlete.
Its just wrong, they are actors.

> You really are a dickhead.
I only act like a dickhead to morons.

Bully wrote:
> In oups.com,
> ONM > typed:
> > "Pro wrestlers and bodybuilders are athletes and anyone who say
> > different is obviously ignorant or just plain stupid. "
> >
> > Body builders are athletes, I'll give you that. Pro-wrestlers....they
> > are actors.
>
> If they are that then they're very FIT, very RIPPED actors. Have you ever
> wondered how they get that way?
>
> > 99% of them would finish in LAST place at a real
> > bodybuilding contest.
>
> Maybe that's because they're not bodybuilders, eh?
>

> > Being athletic doesn't make you a professional athlete just because
> > your job requires you to get huge.
>
> No, for to be a professional athlete you would need to be paid.
>
> > Professional movers that work out
> > and get huge aren't pro athletes. Action movie actors that work out
> > to get huge aren't pro athletes.
>
> Did anyone suggest they are?
>
> You really are a dickhead.
>

> > wrote:

> >> Tito is comparing apples and oranges here. Pro wrestlers and
> >> bodybuilders are athletes and anyone who say different is obviously
> >> ignorant or just plain stupid. Would tito ortiz last in a pro
> >> wrestling ring? With the proper training pro wrestlers go through I
> >> woudl say yes. Just ask Ken Shamerock. He did the WWF thing back in
> >> the mid 1990's. As for bodybuilders, they are also great athletes.
> >> Just go into any hardcore gym and see the type of training they are
> >> engaged in. It is also a life style. You have the training the
> >> dieting and the contest prep and cardio work. You see, most of the
> >> people out there; the typical subway riding 9 to 5 ham & egger punk
> >> always point to steroids as being the results of any athletes
> >> progress. There is a boat load of hard work that goes into being the
> >> best in any sport. You failers out there should wake up and know
> >> your role and shut your mouth. You arm chair idiotic sport fan
> >> phonies.
>

> --
> Bully
> Protein bars: http://www.proteinbars.co.uk
>
> "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees
> the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

Reaper G
January 12th 07, 04:47 PM
If memory serves me correctly, ONM wrote:

> > > Professional movers that work out
> > > and get huge aren't pro athletes. Action movie actors that work out
> > > to get huge aren't pro athletes.
> >
> > Did anyone suggest they are?

> Yes, suggesting that a WWE superstar is a professional athlete is the
> exact same as suggesting that a ripped actor, musclebound car mechanic,
> or anyone else in good shape for that matter is a prfessional athlete.
> Its just wrong, they are actors.

So Kurt Angle didn't really win a gold medal in the '96 Olympics, he's
just acting like he did. Gotcha.

Bully
January 12th 07, 04:58 PM
In ups.com,
ONM > typed:
> I'm a dickhead?

Correct.

--
Bully

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees
the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

January 12th 07, 05:14 PM
Reaper G wrote:

> > > Did anyone suggest they are?
>
> > Yes, suggesting that a WWE superstar is a professional athlete is the
> > exact same as suggesting that a ripped actor, musclebound car mechanic,
> > or anyone else in good shape for that matter is a prfessional athlete.
> > Its just wrong, they are actors.
>
> So Kurt Angle didn't really win a gold medal in the '96 Olympics, he's
> just acting like he did. Gotcha.

Unfortunately for Kurt, he's not ripped anymore (his muscle tone has
deteriorated drastically), he's got a drug problem, and he's blowing
spots and going home early in worked pro wrestling matches on a
soundstage in Orlando.

ONM
January 13th 07, 01:40 AM
God you guys are stupid, I can't believe one of you morons called me a
dickhead.

Kurt was not a pro athlete when he won his medal 11 years ago either
jack-ass...he was an amateur athlete.

Now, he is an actor...and a washed up one at that, the guy probably
blows more rails than the Ultimate Warrior did.

I have a good idea, how about we stop talking about this because I'm
getting dummer just conversing with you guys.

Why don't you ask one of your heroes themselves if they feel that they
are professional athletes and if they can fair out even mildly well in
MMA.

There are always exceptions, but in general your champion will probably
disappoint you....now go say your prayers and eat your vitamins, its
2007 and Chuck-a-mania is running wild on YOU.

Reaper G wrote:

> > > Did anyone suggest they are?
>
> > Yes, suggesting that a WWE superstar is a professional athlete is the
> > exact same as suggesting that a ripped actor, musclebound car mechanic,
> > or anyone else in good shape for that matter is a prfessional athlete.
> > Its just wrong, they are actors.
>
> So Kurt Angle didn't really win a gold medal in the '96 Olympics, he's
> just acting like he did. Gotcha.

Bully
January 13th 07, 06:03 AM
In ps.com,
ONM > typed:
> God you guys are stupid, I can't believe one of you morons called me a
> dickhead.

You know why, cos you're a dickhead :) !

> Kurt was not a pro athlete when he won his medal 11 years ago either
> jack-ass...he was an amateur athlete.
>
> Now, he is an actor...and a washed up one at that, the guy probably
> blows more rails than the Ultimate Warrior did.
>
> I have a good idea, how about we stop talking about this because I'm
> getting dummer just conversing with you guys.

Yeah, and look what it's done to your spelling.

> Why don't you ask one of your heroes themselves if they feel that they
> are professional athletes and if they can fair out even mildly well in
> MMA.

I told ya, HHH would pedigree them within 10 seconds, game over !!! Batista
would bomb any one of them. Kurt could still Angle Slam their arses, even if
he is "blowing rails" !!!

> There are always exceptions, but in general your champion will
> probably disappoint you....now go say your prayers and eat your
> vitamins, its 2007 and Chuck-a-mania is running wild on YOU.
>
> Reaper G wrote:

>>> Yes, suggesting that a WWE superstar is a professional athlete is
>>> the exact same as suggesting that a ripped actor, musclebound car
>>> mechanic, or anyone else in good shape for that matter is a
>>> prfessional athlete. Its just wrong, they are actors.
>>
>> So Kurt Angle didn't really win a gold medal in the '96 Olympics,
>> he's just acting like he did. Gotcha.

--
Bully

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees
the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

rollman
January 13th 07, 09:11 AM

> Why don't you ask one of your heroes themselves if they feel that they
> are professional athletes and if they can fair out even mildly well in
> MMA.

They'd admit they wouldn't. They know this and I don't see the point in
attacking what they do because some fanboys are obsessed by their muscles or
comparing it like it means something. Tito wasn't demeaning when he spoke
about HHH. He was speaking the truth and HHH would agree.

"Can't we all just get along?"

Magnus Karlsson
January 13th 07, 09:13 AM
Bully skrev:
> In ps.com,
> ONM > typed:
>> God you guys are stupid, I can't believe one of you morons called me a
>> dickhead.
>
> You know why, cos you're a dickhead :) !
>
>> Kurt was not a pro athlete when he won his medal 11 years ago either
>> jack-ass...he was an amateur athlete.
>>
>> Now, he is an actor...and a washed up one at that, the guy probably
>> blows more rails than the Ultimate Warrior did.
>>
>> I have a good idea, how about we stop talking about this because I'm
>> getting dummer just conversing with you guys.
>
> Yeah, and look what it's done to your spelling.
>
>> Why don't you ask one of your heroes themselves if they feel that they
>> are professional athletes and if they can fair out even mildly well in
>> MMA.
>
> I told ya, HHH would pedigree them within 10 seconds, game over !!! Batista
> would bomb any one of them. Kurt could still Angle Slam their arses, even if
> he is "blowing rails" !!!
>
>> There are always exceptions, but in general your champion will
>> probably disappoint you....now go say your prayers and eat your
>> vitamins, its 2007 and Chuck-a-mania is running wild on YOU.
>>
>> Reaper G wrote:

>>> So Kurt Angle didn't really win a gold medal in the '96 Olympics,
>>> he's just acting like he did. Gotcha.

There will be a day, when wrestlingfans and MMAfans finally comes
together and execute their favourite moves on each other.
When that day comes, the wrestlers will find out that a kimura is so
much more painful than a powerbomb.

MK

Bully
January 13th 07, 09:20 AM
In ,
Magnus Karlsson > typed:
> Bully skrev:
>> In ps.com,
>> ONM > typed:
>>> God you guys are stupid, I can't believe one of you morons called
>>> me a dickhead.
>>
>> You know why, cos you're a dickhead :) !
>>
>>> Kurt was not a pro athlete when he won his medal 11 years ago either
>>> jack-ass...he was an amateur athlete.
>>>
>>> Now, he is an actor...and a washed up one at that, the guy probably
>>> blows more rails than the Ultimate Warrior did.
>>>
>>> I have a good idea, how about we stop talking about this because I'm
>>> getting dummer just conversing with you guys.
>>
>> Yeah, and look what it's done to your spelling.
>>
>>> Why don't you ask one of your heroes themselves if they feel that
>>> they are professional athletes and if they can fair out even mildly
>>> well in MMA.
>>
>> I told ya, HHH would pedigree them within 10 seconds, game over !!!
>> Batista would bomb any one of them. Kurt could still Angle Slam
>> their arses, even if he is "blowing rails" !!!
>>
>>> There are always exceptions, but in general your champion will
>>> probably disappoint you....now go say your prayers and eat your
>>> vitamins, its 2007 and Chuck-a-mania is running wild on YOU.

> There will be a day, when wrestlingfans and MMAfans finally comes
> together and execute their favourite moves on each other.
> When that day comes, the wrestlers will find out that a kimura is so
> much more painful than a powerbomb.

If it's the fans then it's highly unlikely that any one of them could
execute an origami move let alone a wrestling or brawling move!

--
Bully

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees
the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

the dog from that film you saw
January 13th 07, 09:57 AM
"Magnus Karlsson" > wrote in message

> There will be a day, when wrestlingfans and MMAfans finally comes together
> and execute their favourite moves on each other.
> When that day comes, the wrestlers will find out that a kimura is so much
> more painful than a powerbomb.

tell this guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa80W9-qvgQ

--
Gareth.
A french man who wanted a castle threw his cat into a pond.

Zheroen
January 13th 07, 12:25 PM
Magnus Karlsson > wrote in
:

> Bully skrev:
>> In ps.com,
>> ONM > typed:
>>> God you guys are stupid, I can't believe one of you morons called me
>>> a dickhead.
>>
>> You know why, cos you're a dickhead :) !
>>
>>> Kurt was not a pro athlete when he won his medal 11 years ago either
>>> jack-ass...he was an amateur athlete.
>>>
>>> Now, he is an actor...and a washed up one at that, the guy probably
>>> blows more rails than the Ultimate Warrior did.
>>>
>>> I have a good idea, how about we stop talking about this because I'm
>>> getting dummer just conversing with you guys.
>>
>> Yeah, and look what it's done to your spelling.
>>
>>> Why don't you ask one of your heroes themselves if they feel that
>>> they are professional athletes and if they can fair out even mildly
>>> well in MMA.
>>
>> I told ya, HHH would pedigree them within 10 seconds, game over !!!
>> Batista would bomb any one of them. Kurt could still Angle Slam their
>> arses, even if he is "blowing rails" !!!
>>
>>> There are always exceptions, but in general your champion will
>>> probably disappoint you....now go say your prayers and eat your
>>> vitamins, its 2007 and Chuck-a-mania is running wild on YOU.

> There will be a day, when wrestlingfans and MMAfans finally comes
> together and execute their favourite moves on each other.
> When that day comes, the wrestlers will find out that a kimura is so
> much more painful than a powerbomb.
>
> MK

A powerbomb is essentially the same type of slam that Matt Hughes used
to KO Carlos Newton and Quinton Jackson used to KO Ricardo Arona.

- Zheroen
--
If life is but a dream, I'm an insomniac.

This is MY space, not YOUR space: http://www.myspace.com/jeroenwing

January 13th 07, 04:02 PM

> A powerbomb is essentially the same type of slam that Matt Hughes used
> to KO Carlos Newton and Quinton Jackson used to KO Ricardo Arona.

Part of the magic of MMA is watching people no sell head drops. Quinton
Jackson also powerbombed Sakuraba 5 times and still got subbed. And
then of course, there's Kevin Randleman with his legendary twisting
german suplex that Fedor wasn't even phased by, allowed him to reverse
position, and win the fight by kimura about 20 seconds later.

ONM
January 13th 07, 09:14 PM
I agree. I respect what they do....its not like I make a million
dollars a year doing anything so good for them.

Its the fans....the dam fans....geezus.

Advice to a wrasslin fan: Go to Blockbuster tonight and rent
UFC-Ultimate knockouts 2005....and previous years if you have the
time.....

I guarantee you'll love it.

rollman wrote:

> > Why don't you ask one of your heroes themselves if they feel that they
> > are professional athletes and if they can fair out even mildly well in
> > MMA.
>
> They'd admit they wouldn't. They know this and I don't see the point in
> attacking what they do because some fanboys are obsessed by their muscles or
> comparing it like it means something. Tito wasn't demeaning when he spoke
> about HHH. He was speaking the truth and HHH would agree.
>
> "Can't we all just get along?"

Reaper G
January 14th 07, 02:06 AM
If memory serves me correctly, ONM wrote:

> Kurt was not a pro athlete when he won his medal 11 years ago either
> jack-ass...he was an amateur athlete.

Okay, I missed the "pro" part, fair enough. But ignoring the genuine
athletic ability of most wrestlers doesn't help your argument.

> Now, he is an actor...and a washed up one at that, the guy probably
> blows more rails than the Ultimate Warrior did.

A banged up Kurt Angle is a better worker than a lot of musclebound
stiffs.

> I have a good idea, how about we stop talking about this because I'm
> getting dummer just conversing with you guys.
>
> Why don't you ask one of your heroes themselves if they feel that they
> are professional athletes and if they can fair out even mildly well in
> MMA.

I will when you ask one of your MMA fighters if they can do a shooting
star press off the top of a steel cage.

Reaper "If I want to watch a non-athlete, I'll watch golf or Nascar" G
http://www.giantmonstermovies.com

January 14th 07, 02:34 AM
> Okay, I missed the "pro" part, fair enough. But ignoring the genuine
> athletic ability of most wrestlers doesn't help your argument.

Are you comparing the athletic ability of most wrestlers to that of
Kurt Angle? C'mon now.

> A banged up Kurt Angle is a better worker than a lot of musclebound
> stiffs.

Which of the top 5 heavyweights in the world is a musclebound stiff?
Fedor, Cro-Cop, Josh Barnett, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, or Tim Sylvia?

> I will when you ask one of your MMA fighters if they can do a shooting
> star press off the top of a steel cage.

Doing stuff like that isn't as hard as it seems. Big Show can do a
moonsault. George St. Pierre is known for celebrating with a standing
backflip. Carlos Newton does a cartwheel into backflip into his little
fireball pose for celebrations. Crazy Horse Bennett has climbed a cage
during a fight in King of The Cage, though he really didn't get to do
anything cool off of it. Besides, what part of doing bad rhythmic
gymnastics is wrestling? If there's anything backyard wrestling has
taught America, isn't it that anyone can do highspots with about the
same amount of efficency compared to your typical CZW worker?

January 14th 07, 02:34 AM
> Okay, I missed the "pro" part, fair enough. But ignoring the genuine
> athletic ability of most wrestlers doesn't help your argument.

Are you comparing the athletic ability of most wrestlers to that of
Kurt Angle? C'mon now.

> A banged up Kurt Angle is a better worker than a lot of musclebound
> stiffs.

Which of the top 5 heavyweights in the world is a musclebound stiff?
Fedor, Cro-Cop, Josh Barnett, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, or Tim Sylvia?

> I will when you ask one of your MMA fighters if they can do a shooting
> star press off the top of a steel cage.

Doing stuff like that isn't as hard as it seems. Big Show can do a
moonsault. George St. Pierre is known for celebrating with a standing
backflip. Carlos Newton does a cartwheel into backflip into his little
fireball pose for celebrations. Crazy Horse Bennett has climbed a cage
during a fight in King of The Cage, though he really didn't get to do
anything cool off of it. Besides, what part of doing bad rhythmic
gymnastics is wrestling? If there's anything backyard wrestling has
taught America, isn't it that anyone can do highspots with about the
same amount of efficency compared to your typical CZW worker?

Greg Grant of 333
January 14th 07, 07:51 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...

>> A powerbomb is essentially the same type of slam that Matt Hughes used
>> to KO Carlos Newton and Quinton Jackson used to KO Ricardo Arona.
>
> Part of the magic of MMA is watching people no sell head drops. Quinton
> Jackson also powerbombed Sakuraba 5 times and still got subbed. And
> then of course, there's Kevin Randleman with his legendary twisting
> german suplex that Fedor wasn't even phased by, allowed him to reverse
> position, and win the fight by kimura about 20 seconds later.

The last one doesn't count because Fedor is not human.

ONM
January 14th 07, 02:40 PM
Actually Crazy horse did a back flip off the cage once...if I recall it
was him anyway.

Why bother risking injury, I cringe whenever GSP does that backflip,
and Loiseau also.

wrote:
> > Okay, I missed the "pro" part, fair enough. But ignoring the genuine
> > athletic ability of most wrestlers doesn't help your argument.
>
> Are you comparing the athletic ability of most wrestlers to that of
> Kurt Angle? C'mon now.
>
> > A banged up Kurt Angle is a better worker than a lot of musclebound
> > stiffs.
>
> Which of the top 5 heavyweights in the world is a musclebound stiff?
> Fedor, Cro-Cop, Josh Barnett, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, or Tim Sylvia?
>
> > I will when you ask one of your MMA fighters if they can do a shooting
> > star press off the top of a steel cage.
>
> Doing stuff like that isn't as hard as it seems. Big Show can do a
> moonsault. George St. Pierre is known for celebrating with a standing
> backflip. Carlos Newton does a cartwheel into backflip into his little
> fireball pose for celebrations. Crazy Horse Bennett has climbed a cage
> during a fight in King of The Cage, though he really didn't get to do
> anything cool off of it. Besides, what part of doing bad rhythmic
> gymnastics is wrestling? If there's anything backyard wrestling has
> taught America, isn't it that anyone can do highspots with about the
> same amount of efficency compared to your typical CZW worker?

Reaper G
January 14th 07, 02:42 PM
If memory serves me correctly, wrote:

> > Okay, I missed the "pro" part, fair enough. But ignoring the genuine
> > athletic ability of most wrestlers doesn't help your argument.
>
> Are you comparing the athletic ability of most wrestlers to that of
> Kurt Angle? C'mon now.

In terms of being a "real" wrestler, Angle is head and shoulders above
everyone else. The one guy I can think of who had a comparable
achievement like that is Steve McMichael, who had a Superbowl ring but
absolutely stunk as a wrestler. Also, there are wrestlers who are
stronger, faster, and more agile than Angle.

> > A banged up Kurt Angle is a better worker than a lot of musclebound
> > stiffs.
>
> Which of the top 5 heavyweights in the world is a musclebound stiff?
> Fedor, Cro-Cop, Josh Barnett, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, or Tim Sylvia?

I'm thinking more of John Cena, Dave Batista, Great Khali, and those
other "hosses" that Vince loves so much. I'd put Triple-H in that
category, but at least he's a strong in-ring psychologist, and he
showed his guts by continuing to wrestle after tearing his quad twice.

> > I will when you ask one of your MMA fighters if they can do a shooting
> > star press off the top of a steel cage.
>
> Doing stuff like that isn't as hard as it seems. Big Show can do a
> moonsault. George St. Pierre is known for celebrating with a standing
> backflip. Carlos Newton does a cartwheel into backflip into his little
> fireball pose for celebrations. Crazy Horse Bennett has climbed a cage
> during a fight in King of The Cage, though he really didn't get to do
> anything cool off of it. Besides, what part of doing bad rhythmic
> gymnastics is wrestling? If there's anything backyard wrestling has
> taught America, isn't it that anyone can do highspots with about the
> same amount of efficency compared to your typical CZW worker?

Sounds like St. Pierre and Newton would make great pro wrestlers. And
if Big Show ever actually could do a moonsault, it was years ago when
he was younger, healthier, and 100 lbs. thinner.

Reaper "Would've loved to have seen it" G
http://www.giantmonstermovies.com

the dog from that film you saw
January 14th 07, 03:28 PM
"Reaper G" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> I'm thinking more of John Cena, Dave Batista, Great Khali,

doesnt singh have experience of indian wrestling? - or was that part of a
storyline some time?
either way, hong man choi shows that a giant who is young and not near
crippled can be very effective in mma with a bit of training - i'd like to
see him do some.

--
Gareth.
A french man who wanted a castle threw his cat into a pond.
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/dsbmusic/

January 14th 07, 03:50 PM
> In terms of being a "real" wrestler, Angle is head and shoulders above
> everyone else. The one guy I can think of who had a comparable
> achievement like that is Steve McMichael, who had a Superbowl ring but
> absolutely stunk as a wrestler. Also, there are wrestlers who are
> stronger, faster, and more agile than Angle.

They may be those things, but rarely in combination, and very few of
them have proven themselves in any sort of serious athletic competition
at a high level.

> I'm thinking more of John Cena, Dave Batista, Great Khali, and those
> other "hosses" that Vince loves so much. I'd put Triple-H in that
> category, but at least he's a strong in-ring psychologist, and he
> showed his guts by continuing to wrestle after tearing his quad twice.

Being an in-ring psychologist doesn't mean anything in fighting, just
as HHH's fetish for bodybuilders doesn't. John Cena's also getting
better with his work too. He trained with a pretty mediocre/awful dojo
and he's been thrust into a main event spot most wrestlers have to work
for a decade to get.

> Sounds like St. Pierre and Newton would make great pro wrestlers.

Newton probably would have made a great shootstyle wrestler back in the
late 80s.

> And
> if Big Show ever actually could do a moonsault, it was years ago when
> he was younger, healthier, and 100 lbs. thinner.

My point remains. A 7', 500lb guy with no athletic background can do
it. They exposed the hell out of the moonsault on Tough Enough,
basically saying that anyone ever could do it. And then, as I've
stated, there's the existence of bad garbage wrestling in this country,
which displays that pretty much anyone over the age of 13 can do a
corkscrew moonsault onto some flaming plywood if they're just stupid
enough to do so.

> Reaper "Would've loved to have seen it" G
> http://www.giantmonstermovies.com

January 14th 07, 04:00 PM
> doesnt singh have experience of indian wrestling? - or was that part of a
> storyline some time?

I have no idea. I've never heard anything about his serious athletic
pursuits, and he doesn't seem to possess much in terms of coordination
as a wrestler that would even lead me to believe he was a solid amateur
wrestler of any sort.

> either way, hong man choi shows that a giant who is young and not near
> crippled can be very effective in mma with a bit of training - i'd like to
> see him do some.

He fought TV show host/minstrel stereotype Bobby Ologun on K-1's New
Years Show and KOed him under 30 seconds. He's actually training pretty
hard in kickboxing, but how that ultimately goes in MMA is a different
story. The current 2 time K-1 World Grand Prix champ, Semmy Schilt, has
a 23-14 record in MMA and fought in K-1, PRIDE, Inoki's Bom-Ba-Ye, and
the UFC, and he too is 7 feet tall. Yet he was found to be easy to take
down and was both submitted and ground and pounded many times.

rollman
January 14th 07, 05:07 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...

>> doesnt singh have experience of indian wrestling? - or was that part of a
>> storyline some time?
>
> I have no idea. I've never heard anything about his serious athletic
> pursuits, and he doesn't seem to possess much in terms of coordination
> as a wrestler that would even lead me to believe he was a solid amateur
> wrestler of any sort.
>
>> either way, hong man choi shows that a giant who is young and not near
>> crippled can be very effective in mma with a bit of training - i'd like
>> see him do some.
>
> He fought TV show host/minstrel stereotype Bobby Ologun on K-1's New
> Years Show and KOed him under 30 seconds. He's actually training pretty
> hard in kickboxing, but how that ultimately goes in MMA is a different
> story. The current 2 time K-1 World Grand Prix champ, Semmy Schilt, has
> a 23-14 record in MMA and fought in K-1, PRIDE, Inoki's Bom-Ba-Ye, and
> the UFC, and he too is 7 feet tall. Yet he was found to be easy to take
> down and was both submitted and ground and pounded many times.

god damn I hate Semmy Schilt....

January 14th 07, 06:26 PM
> god damn I hate Semmy Schilt....

Both he and Choi are really bad matchups for Tim Sylvia right now,
though neither would hold the UFC title very long, IMO. Schilt's been
in a bunch of fun fights. The second bout with Barnett from Bom-Ba-Ye
2004 is good times.

Lord Hatred
January 14th 07, 06:32 PM
In article . com>,
wrote:

> > god damn I hate Semmy Schilt....
>
> Both he and Choi are really bad matchups for Tim Sylvia right now,
> though neither would hold the UFC title very long, IMO. Schilt's been
> in a bunch of fun fights. The second bout with Barnett from Bom-Ba-Ye
> 2004 is good times.

The problem with all of them is that they wouldn't be able to go in
the ring with somebody as strong as the Great Khali.

Greg Grant of 333
January 14th 07, 06:33 PM
"the dog from that film you saw" > wrote
in message ...

> doesnt singh have experience of indian wrestling? - or was that part of a
> storyline some time?
> either way, hong man choi shows that a giant who is young and not near
> crippled can be very effective in mma with a bit of training - i'd like to
> see him do some.

Singh has no training. He was kinda trained by Indian cops that, and no I
am not kidding about this, saw him while riding through the countryside and
recruited him, figuring that if they have a guy his size on the force, he'll
intimidate people and make their jobs easier. Not sure who had the bright
idea to bring this guy into pro-wrestling in America, but he is
uncoordinated. When they were training him he kept injuring the people that
he was training with on simple moves. When he was going to have a live PPV
match, the road agents refused to allow it to happen and originally were
going to have him tape a match that was then post editted to fix any
mistakes. Before that happened though, his opponent asked to go over the
match with him in the ring, but because he was afraid of getting hurt they
used a giant inflatable mattress to cover the ring because they weren't sure
he'd be able to protect his opponent in training. Halfway through the
training the decision was made that he sucked to bad that they couldn't even
allow him to be taped in a match.

The guy just sucks that damn bad.

the Bede
January 14th 07, 06:51 PM
> if Big Show ever actually could do a moonsault, it was years ago when
> he was younger, healthier, and 100 lbs. thinner.
>

> Reaper "Would've loved to have seen it" G
> http://www.giantmonstermovies.com

he did it several times in dark matches.

also, Giant Silva did planchas in Mexico all the time.

January 15th 07, 01:41 AM
> The problem with all of them is that they wouldn't be able to go in
> the ring with somebody as strong as the Great Khali.

Giant Silva vs. Great Khali in full on MMA rules. I'm guessing Silva
wouldn't have to bump all over the place in such a rematch.