PDA

View Full Version : 11 year old girl 2, bad guys 0

Will Brink
May 2nd 07, 11:16 PM
Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez 23 and Enrico Garza 26, probably
believed they would easily overpower a home alone 11 year old Patricia
Harrington after her father had left their two story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things, they were in Montana and
Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine. Patricia
was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of
the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge
Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first
to catch a near point blank blast of buck shot from the 11 year olds knee
crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. When
Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder
and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical
help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber
handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. The victim, 50 year
old David Burien, was not so lucky as he died from stab wounds to the
chest.

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=185167

--
Will @ www.BrinkZone.com

"It twas ever thus! " - Mr Natural

Tommy
May 3rd 07, 12:56 AM
"Will Brink" <He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. >

Cool! Where's the home video?

Pete
May 3rd 07, 07:39 AM
"Will Brink" > schreef:

> Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first
> to catch a near point blank blast of buck shot from the 11 year olds knee
> crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. When
> Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder
> and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical
> help could arrive.

"ITS NOOO FUN... BEING AN ILLIGAL ALIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN !!!"

--
Pete

Curt
May 3rd 07, 11:37 AM
Will Brink wrote:
> Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez 23 and Enrico Garza 26, probably
> believed they would easily overpower a home alone 11 year old Patricia
> Harrington after her father had left their two story home.
>
> It seems the two crooks never learned two things, they were in Montana and
> Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine. Patricia
> was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of
> the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge
> Mossberg 500 shotgun.
>
> Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first
> to catch a near point blank blast of buck shot from the 11 year olds knee
> crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. <snip!>

> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=185167

Just watched Hard Candy <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424136/>.

Resindez and Garza may not have been pedophiles, however - like the
male character in HC - they learned a well deserved lesson.

--
Curt

Will Brink
May 3rd 07, 02:27 PM
In article >, "Tommy"
> wrote:

> "Will Brink" <He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. >
>
> Cool! Where's the home video?

Youtube of course.

--
Will @ www.BrinkZone.com

"It twas ever thus! " - Mr Natural

Will Brink
May 3rd 07, 02:28 PM
In article >, "Pete"
> wrote:

> "Will Brink" > schreef:
>
> > Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first
> > to catch a near point blank blast of buck shot from the 11 year olds knee
> > crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. When
> > Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder
> > and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical
> > help could arrive.
>
> "ITS NOOO FUN... BEING AN ILLIGAL ALIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN !!!"

This just in: Anti gun groups feel little girl would have been morally
superior had she been raped and killed vs using an evil crime causing gun
to defend herself. News at 11....

--
Will @ www.BrinkZone.com

"It twas ever thus! " - Mr Natural

Will Brink
May 3rd 07, 02:29 PM
In article >, "Pete"
> wrote:

> "Will Brink" > schreef:
>
> > Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first
> > to catch a near point blank blast of buck shot from the 11 year olds knee
> > crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. When
> > Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder
> > and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical
> > help could arrive.
>
> "ITS NOOO FUN... BEING AN ILLIGAL ALIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN !!!"

PS, hopefully it's a true story and not some 'net myth thing put out by
this group. Will have to check sources.

--
Will @ www.BrinkZone.com

"It twas ever thus! " - Mr Natural

Hard Bop Drums
May 3rd 07, 07:58 PM

Brav****ingo!!

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Pete
May 4th 07, 07:04 AM
"Will Brink" > schreef:

>> "ITS NOOO FUN... BEING AN ILLIGAL ALIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN !!!"

> This just in: Anti gun groups feel little girl would have been morally
> superior had she been raped and killed...

?!?!?!

They are insane.

--
Pete

Pete
May 4th 07, 07:43 AM
"Will Brink" > schreef:

>> "Will Brink" <He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. >

>> Cool! Where's the home video?

> Youtube of course.

Where else?

And if you cant find it there then it probably didnt happen. Those
cell-phones with build in photo AND video camera really improve the quality
of life.

For instance, when you are just talking to one of the girls in the gym,
there are always several morons walking around with the phones in their
hand.

People... say yes to guns and NO to cell-phones! You really dont need them.
I threw mine away 5 years go.
I really dont miss anything. I can still be reached on my land-line or
mailbox. What the **** am i supposed to conversate walking down the street
anyway?

I just had to say this.

--
Pete

Will Brink
May 4th 07, 02:33 PM
In article >, "Pete"
> wrote:

> "Will Brink" > schreef:
>

> >> "ITS NOOO FUN... BEING AN ILLIGAL ALIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN !!!"
>
> > This just in: Anti gun groups feel little girl would have been morally
> > superior had she been raped and killed...
>
> ?!?!?!
>
> They are insane.

Yes they are.

--
Will @ www.BrinkZone.com

"It twas ever thus! " - Mr Natural

Tom Anderson
May 4th 07, 03:04 PM
On Fri, 4 May 2007, Pete wrote:

> "Will Brink" > schreef:
>
>>> "Will Brink" <He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. >
>
>>> Cool! Where's the home video?
>>
>> Youtube of course.
>
> Where else?
>
> And if you cant find it there then it probably didnt happen.

You'll have a hard time finding this:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=47402&in_page_id=34

on youtube. Happily, you can find it elsewhere:

http://blog.tv2.dk/blogzilla/entry94529.html

tom

--
It's worth remembering that if you chain a thousand monkeys to a
thousand typewriters, they will all eventually die of starvation. --

Omelet
May 4th 07, 05:55 PM
In article >,
"Pete" > wrote:

> > This just in: Anti gun groups feel little girl would have been morally
> > superior had she been raped and killed...
>
> ?!?!?!
>
> They are insane.
>
> --
> Pete

But it's so very evil and wrong to defend yourself with a firearm, or
own/use one in any way. If you die defenseless, you get to go to heaven.

Die later of old age after using a firearm to stay alive against
hostiles, and you go to hell because all guns are EEEvil.

Didn't you get the memo?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Omelet
May 4th 07, 06:01 PM
In article >,
"Pete" > wrote:

> "Will Brink" > schreef:
>
> >> "Will Brink" <He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. >
>
> >> Cool! Where's the home video?
>
> > Youtube of course.
>
> Where else?
>
> And if you cant find it there then it probably didnt happen. Those
> cell-phones with build in photo AND video camera really improve the quality
> of life.
>
> For instance, when you are just talking to one of the girls in the gym,
> there are always several morons walking around with the phones in their
> hand.
>
> People... say yes to guns and NO to cell-phones! You really dont need them.
> I threw mine away 5 years go.
> I really dont miss anything. I can still be reached on my land-line or
> mailbox. What the **** am i supposed to conversate walking down the street
> anyway?
>
> I just had to say this.
>
> --
> Pete

Oddly enough, I've hated cellphones for years. Still do...

BUT, I was convinced by other gun list group members that it is wise to
carry a cellphone if you carry a gun.

He who makes the first phonecall wins, even if you just used said gun to
scare the bad guy off. He can call in on HIS cellphone and report a
crazy person with a gun...

You might come out ok in the long run, but do you really want to deal
with the grief?

The cellphone I'm currently carrying is not charged with minutes. It's
an empty tracfone, but it'll still dial 911 if I need it to. I have 2
newer tracfones on the way. With any luck, they will arrived today with
400 minutes/1 year service for $129.00 for the total payout. Pre-paid is
a lot cheaper than contract, and who the hell needs 1,000 minutes per
month?

The ONLY people getting that number will be very close friends and
immediate family members.

It will NOT be given out at work. Period.
As far as my boss is concerned, I don't own a cellphone.

Like my AT&T calling card, 400 minutes should last me over a year...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

lee houston
May 5th 07, 12:39 AM
"Will Brink" > wrote in message

> Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez 23 and Enrico Garza 26, probably
> believed they would easily overpower a home alone 11 year old Patricia
> Harrington after her father had left their two story home.

BS!
This is an "urban legend" and there doesn't seem to be any evidence to back
up it up.

Raphael Resendez-Ramirez is the infamous "Railroad Killer" illegal alien /
serial murderer. He eventually was captured.

Enrique Garza is a musician from Snyder, Texas whose 3 sons formed the band
"Los Lonely Boys".

Patricia Harrington is an adult woman who writes children's mystery books.

I can find no reference to David Burien.

The story has no author or news source listed. There is no date, time or
address of where the incident took place. I would wager that this is an
invented account. There's absolutely nothing on the web (aside from this
verbatim account itself) to indicate this ever actually happened, or that
anyone named Patricia Harrington ever was a champion clay-shooter anywhere.
No news station, web site or paper has published this story.

BS!

Pete
May 5th 07, 08:46 AM
"Omelet" > schreef:

>> I really dont miss anything. I can still be reached on my land-line or
>> mailbox. What the **** am i supposed to conversate walking down the
>> street
>> anyway?

>> I just had to say this.

> Oddly enough, I've hated cellphones for years. Still do...

> The cellphone I'm currently carrying is not charged with minutes. It's
> an empty tracfone, but it'll still dial 911 if I need it to. I have 2
> newer tracfones on the way. With any luck, they will arrived today with
> 400 minutes/1 year service for $129.00 for the total payout. Pre-paid is
> a lot cheaper than contract, and who the hell needs 1,000 minutes per
> month?

My girlfriend. She has 3 cell-phones.

I am thinking about an empty prepaid as well. When you are just wearing a
T-shirt and jeans they are a burden to carry around, but the latest models
easily fit into my rear pocket.

> The ONLY people getting that number will be very close friends and
> immediate family members.

When i did have a cellphone, i always gave others my girlfriends number. She
calls me to tell me who called. Then, i decide wether or not i call back.

> It will NOT be given out at work. Period.
> As far as my boss is concerned, I don't own a cellphone.

They always get very angry and upset when you do that here. They insist on
getting it. They can blowe me. I give them my land-line, and if i am not
home, i guess its bad luck then.

> Like my AT&T calling card, 400 minutes should last me over a year...

Easy.

And if i have something to conversate, i use my land-line. The calls dont
cost me anything when i reach another land-line.

--
Pete

Pete
May 5th 07, 08:48 AM
"Omelet" > schreef:

> Die later of old age after using a firearm to stay alive against
> hostiles, and you go to hell because all guns are EEEvil.

> Didn't you get the memo?

No ;-O

But my Government sure as hell did.

--
Pete

Omelet
May 5th 07, 01:56 PM
In article >,
"Pete" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > schreef:
>
> >> I really dont miss anything. I can still be reached on my land-line or
> >> mailbox. What the **** am i supposed to conversate walking down the
> >> street
> >> anyway?
>
> >> I just had to say this.
>
> > Oddly enough, I've hated cellphones for years. Still do...
>
> > The cellphone I'm currently carrying is not charged with minutes. It's
> > an empty tracfone, but it'll still dial 911 if I need it to. I have 2
> > newer tracfones on the way. With any luck, they will arrived today with
> > 400 minutes/1 year service for $129.00 for the total payout. Pre-paid is
> > a lot cheaper than contract, and who the hell needs 1,000 minutes per
> > month?
>
> My girlfriend. She has 3 cell-phones.

She needs a hobby. ;-)

> I am thinking about an empty prepaid as well. When you are just wearing a
> T-shirt and jeans they are a burden to carry around, but the latest models
> easily fit into my rear pocket.

Just remember, you do still have to keep it charged...

Tracfones are actually affordable. You do have to keep them charged with
minutes/service, but it's about 1/10th the price of most
service/contracts! I anticipate spending a max of $150.00 to $200.00
annually, if that.

I'll keep recharging my AT&T calling card in the meantime. ;-)
I have the codes memorized.

> > The ONLY people getting that number will be very close friends and
> > immediate family members.
>
> When i did have a cellphone, i always gave others my girlfriends number. She
> calls me to tell me who called. Then, i decide wether or not i call back.

Heh. That's what voice mail is for!

> > It will NOT be given out at work. Period.
> > As far as my boss is concerned, I don't own a cellphone.
>
> They always get very angry and upset when you do that here. They insist on
> getting it. They can blowe me. I give them my land-line, and if i am not
> home, i guess its bad luck then.

They can't get angry if they think I do not own a cellphone. I tell them
I can't afford one.

I have an answering machine that I remember to check maybe once per
week. <G> Out of sight, out of mind. If I'm in the room when the phone
rings, I'll often use it to screen my calls due to telemarketers, and I
let everyone know that! If I am there, say something and I'll pick it up.

> > Like my AT&T calling card, 400 minutes should last me over a year...
>
> Easy.
>
> And if i have something to conversate, i use my land-line. The calls dont
> cost me anything when i reach another land-line.
>
> --
> Pete

I prefer e-mails...
Most people have learned by now that that is really the best way to
reach me. I check my e-mail more often than the answering machine. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Omelet
May 5th 07, 01:57 PM
In article >,
"Pete" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > schreef:
>
> > Die later of old age after using a firearm to stay alive against
> > hostiles, and you go to hell because all guns are EEEvil.
>
> > Didn't you get the memo?
>
> No ;-O
>
> But my Government sure as hell did.
>
> --
> Pete

:-/
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Tommy
May 5th 07, 04:12 PM
"Pete" <> When i did have a cellphone, i always gave others my girlfriends
number. She calls me to tell me who called. Then, i decide wether or not i
call back.

I guess that works for you since your girlfriend is a fat cowhog

Dally
May 6th 07, 04:42 PM
Will Brink wrote:
> In article >, "Pete"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Will Brink" > schreef:
>>

>>>Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first
>>>to catch a near point blank blast of buck shot from the 11 year olds knee
>>>crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. When
>>>Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder
>>>and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical
>>>help could arrive.
>>
>>"ITS NOOO FUN... BEING AN ILLIGAL ALIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN !!!"
>

> PS, hopefully it's a true story and not some 'net myth thing put out by
> this group. Will have to check sources.

Good instincts. Nope, it's myth.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/homeinvasion.asp

Dally

Lucas Buck
May 15th 07, 09:18 PM
On Sat, 05 May 2007 07:56:48 -0500, Omelet > wrote:

>In article >,

>> > Oddly enough, I've hated cellphones for years. Still do...
>>
>> > The cellphone I'm currently carrying is not charged with minutes. It's
>> > an empty tracfone, but it'll still dial 911 if I need it to. I have 2
>> > newer tracfones on the way. With any luck, they will arrived today with
>> > 400 minutes/1 year service for $129.00 for the total payout. Pre-paid is
>> > a lot cheaper than contract, and who the hell needs 1,000 minutes per
>> > month?
>>
>> My girlfriend. She has 3 cell-phones.
>
>She needs a hobby. ;-)

Perhaps she's a "call girl".

Paul Harvey
May 26th 07, 08:38 PM
On May 3, 11:04 pm, "Pete" > wrote:
> "Will Brink" > schreef:
>
> >> "ITS NOOO FUN... BEING AN ILLIGAL ALIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN !!!"
> > This just in: Anti gun groups feel little girl would have been morally
> > superior had she been raped and killed...
>
> ?!?!?!
>
> They are insane.
>
> --
> Pete

Pete I think you missed the satire in that post.

Paul Harvey
May 26th 07, 08:45 PM
On May 3, 6:28 am, (Will Brink) wrote:
> In article >, "Pete"
>
> > wrote:
> > "Will Brink" > schreef:
>
> > > Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first
> > > to catch a near point blank blast of buck shot from the 11 year olds knee
> > > crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals. When
> > > Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder
> > > and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical
> > > help could arrive.
>
> > "ITS NOOO FUN... BEING AN ILLIGAL ALIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN !!!"
>
> This just in: Anti gun groups feel little girl would have been morally
> superior had she been raped and killed vs using an evil crime causing gun
> to defend herself. News at 11....
>
> --
> Will @www.BrinkZone.com
>
> "It twas ever thus! " - Mr Natural

I believe there is a happy medium to every situation. There are
extremists on both sides of this issue. There are those in the NRA
who attack their own when ANY kind of sensible legislation/control is
discussed.

I don't agree with banning all firearms, however I don't see the need
for assault rifles or .50 caliber sniper rifles.

I think a handgun and/or shotgun is sufficient for home defense.

Steve the Geek
May 27th 07, 03:26 PM
> I believe there is a happy medium to every situation. There are
> extremists on both sides of this issue. There are those in the NRA
> who attack their own when ANY kind of sensible legislation/control is
> discussed.
>
> I don't agree with banning all firearms, however I don't see the need
> for assault rifles or .50 caliber sniper rifles.
>
> I think a handgun and/or shotgun is sufficient for home defense.

The second amendment has never been about defending the hone against
criminals. It's been about defending the citizenry against the government.

Which brings up a slight tangent: By statute in my state I'm a member of
the state's militia. Does this mean I can own rocket-propelled grenades?

My take on the wording of the constitution tells me unequivocally "Yes"
- by being part of a well-regulated militia (granted, as codified by my
state of residence) my right to bear arms is pretty much absolute.

I'd love to see this walk up to the SJC.

--
I have nothing at all against well-trained, knowledgeable Indian
technical support. I hope to speak to one before I retire. --JW, ASR

Omelet
May 27th 07, 04:43 PM
In article >,
Steve the Geek > wrote:

> > I believe there is a happy medium to every situation. There are
> > extremists on both sides of this issue. There are those in the NRA
> > who attack their own when ANY kind of sensible legislation/control is
> > discussed.
> >
> > I don't agree with banning all firearms, however I don't see the need
> > for assault rifles or .50 caliber sniper rifles.
> >
> > I think a handgun and/or shotgun is sufficient for home defense.
>
> The second amendment has never been about defending the hone against
> criminals. It's been about defending the citizenry against the government.
>
> Which brings up a slight tangent: By statute in my state I'm a member of
> the state's militia. Does this mean I can own rocket-propelled grenades?
>
> My take on the wording of the constitution tells me unequivocally "Yes"
> - by being part of a well-regulated militia (granted, as codified by my
> state of residence) my right to bear arms is pretty much absolute.
>
> I'd love to see this walk up to the SJC.

Get a grant from Mr. Gates.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Paul Harvey
May 28th 07, 12:45 AM
On May 27, 7:26 am, Steve the Geek > wrote:
> > I believe there is a happy medium to every situation. There are
> > extremists on both sides of this issue. There are those in the NRA
> > who attack their own when ANY kind of sensible legislation/control is
> > discussed.
>
> > I don't agree with banning all firearms, however I don't see the need
> > for assault rifles or .50 caliber sniper rifles.
>
> > I think a handgun and/or shotgun is sufficient for home defense.
>
> The second amendment has never been about defending the hone against
> criminals. It's been about defending the citizenry against the government.
>
> Which brings up a slight tangent: By statute in my state I'm a member of
> the state's militia. Does this mean I can own rocket-propelled grenades?
>
> My take on the wording of the constitution tells me unequivocally "Yes"
> - by being part of a well-regulated militia (granted, as codified by my
> state of residence) my right to bear arms is pretty much absolute.
>
> I'd love to see this walk up to the SJC.
>
> --
> I have nothing at all against well-trained, knowledgeable Indian
> technical support. I hope to speak to one before I retire. --JW, ASR

I wasn't talking about the Second Amendment - I understand what it
refers to. I was referring to the arguments that gun-advocates use
saying they need firearms for self-defense.

I don't begrudge someone the right to own a gun for home defense,
however, there are many knuckleheads who I definitely wouldn't like to
see owning RPGs, Mortars and Grenade Launchers.

Hard Bop Drums
May 28th 07, 02:33 AM
Paul Harvey" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On May 27, 7:26 am, Steve the Geek > wrote:
>> > I believe there is a happy medium to every situation. There are
>> > extremists on both sides of this issue. There are those in the NRA
>> > who attack their own when ANY kind of sensible legislation/control is
>> > discussed.
>>
>> > I don't agree with banning all firearms, however I don't see the need
>> > for assault rifles or .50 caliber sniper rifles.
>>
>> > I think a handgun and/or shotgun is sufficient for home defense.
>>
>> The second amendment has never been about defending the hone against
>> criminals. It's been about defending the citizenry against the
>> government.
>>
>> Which brings up a slight tangent: By statute in my state I'm a member of
>> the state's militia. Does this mean I can own rocket-propelled grenades?
>>
>> My take on the wording of the constitution tells me unequivocally "Yes"
>> - by being part of a well-regulated militia (granted, as codified by my
>> state of residence) my right to bear arms is pretty much absolute.
>>
>> I'd love to see this walk up to the SJC.
>>
>> --
>> I have nothing at all against well-trained, knowledgeable Indian
>> technical support. I hope to speak to one before I retire. --JW, ASR
>
> I wasn't talking about the Second Amendment - I understand what it
> refers to. I was referring to the arguments that gun-advocates use
> saying they need firearms for self-defense.
>
> I don't begrudge someone the right to own a gun for home defense,
> however, there are many knuckleheads who I definitely wouldn't like to
> see owning RPGs, Mortars and Grenade Launchers.

Paul,
I am sure that you know that one can't own those things. I do see a very
slippery slope though when the government wants to put restrictions on guns.
Someone above stated that he saw no need for individuals to own "assault"
rifles or .50 sniper rifles. No one has the "need" to own a Ferrari either,
but if you have someone who is law abiding, what is wrong with them owning
these? Being a Libertarian, I ****ing HATE the government telling adults
what they can own or put into their bodies.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Bully
May 28th 07, 07:03 AM
In ,
Hard Bop Drums > typed:
> Paul Harvey" > wrote in message
> ups.com...

>>> The second amendment has never been about defending the hone against
>>> criminals. It's been about defending the citizenry against the
>>> government.
>>>
>>> Which brings up a slight tangent: By statute in my state I'm a
>>> member of the state's militia. Does this mean I can own
>>> rocket-propelled grenades? My take on the wording of the constitution
>>> tells me unequivocally
>>> "Yes" - by being part of a well-regulated militia (granted, as
>>> codified by my state of residence) my right to bear arms is pretty
>>> much absolute. I'd love to see this walk up to the SJC.
>>>
>>> --
>>> I have nothing at all against well-trained, knowledgeable Indian
>>> technical support. I hope to speak to one before I retire. --JW,
>>> ASR
>>
>> I wasn't talking about the Second Amendment - I understand what it
>> refers to. I was referring to the arguments that gun-advocates use
>> saying they need firearms for self-defense.
>>
>> I don't begrudge someone the right to own a gun for home defense,
>> however, there are many knuckleheads who I definitely wouldn't like
>> to see owning RPGs, Mortars and Grenade Launchers.
>>

> Paul,
> I am sure that you know that one can't own those things. I do see a
> very slippery slope though when the government wants to put
> restrictions on guns. Someone above stated that he saw no need for
> individuals to own "assault" rifles or .50 sniper rifles. No one has
> the "need" to own a Ferrari either, but if you have someone who is
> law abiding, what is wrong with them owning these? Being a
> Libertarian, I ****ing HATE the government telling adults what they
> can own

From assault rifles...

> or put into their bodies.

....to anal sex!? Tenuous at least ;) !

--
Bully

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees
the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

Paul Harvey
May 28th 07, 06:31 PM
On May 27, 6:33 pm, "Hard Bop Drums" > wrote:
> Paul Harvey" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...

> >> The second amendment has never been about defending the hone against
> >> criminals. It's been about defending the citizenry against the
> >> government.
>
> >> Which brings up a slight tangent: By statute in my state I'm a member of
> >> the state's militia. Does this mean I can own rocket-propelled grenades?
>
> >> My take on the wording of the constitution tells me unequivocally "Yes"
> >> - by being part of a well-regulated militia (granted, as codified by my
> >> state of residence) my right to bear arms is pretty much absolute.
>
> >> I'd love to see this walk up to the SJC.
>
> >> --
> >> I have nothing at all against well-trained, knowledgeable Indian
> >> technical support. I hope to speak to one before I retire. --JW, ASR
>
> > I wasn't talking about the Second Amendment - I understand what it
> > refers to. I was referring to the arguments that gun-advocates use
> > saying they need firearms for self-defense.
>
> > I don't begrudge someone the right to own a gun for home defense,
> > however, there are many knuckleheads who I definitely wouldn't like to
> > see owning RPGs, Mortars and Grenade Launchers.
>
> Paul,
> I am sure that you know that one can't own those things. I do see a very
> slippery slope though when the government wants to put restrictions on guns.
> Someone above stated that he saw no need for individuals to own "assault"
> rifles or .50 sniper rifles. No one has the "need" to own a Ferrari either,
> but if you have someone who is law abiding, what is wrong with them owning
> these? Being a Libertarian, I ****ing HATE the government telling adults
> what they can own or put into their bodies.
>
> --
> Robert Schuh
> "Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
> intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
> the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
> the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
> - Nietzsche
>
> http://www.hardbopdrums.com/- Hide quoted text -

Actually grenade launchers can be legally purchased. Which is scary.
A friend of mine has one on his AR-15.

Just like vehicle drivers, I believe firearms owners should be
licensed and require training. Additionally there should be thorough
background checks and waiting periods. I don't see a thing wrong with
that. The NRA continually uses the slippery slope argument to kill
legislation that would prevent nutjobs from getting firearms - I don't
see this as a good thing.

My father always had guns in the house - but then again, he was a
stable, rational individual. I don't really begrudge people the right
to own firearms, but sensible legislation is necessary.

I agree with the libertarian view to a certain extent - but I don't
favor unrestricted access.

Paul Harvey
May 28th 07, 06:36 PM
> [...]
> - Nietzsche
>
> http://www.hardbopdrums.com/- Hide quoted text -

Actually grenade launchers can be legally purchased. Which is scary.
A friend of mine has one on his AR-15.

Just like vehicle drivers, I believe firearms owners should be
licensed and require training. Additionally there should be thorough
background checks and waiting periods. I don't see a thing wrong with
that. The NRA continually uses the slippery slope argument to kill
legislation that would prevent nutjobs from getting firearms - I don't
see this as a good thing.

My father always had guns in the house - but then again, he was a
stable, rational individual. I don't really begrudge people the right
to own firearms, but sensible legislation is necessary.

I agree with the libertarian view to a certain extent - but I don't

May 28th 07, 09:11 PM
"Paul Harvey" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On May 27, 6:33 pm, "Hard Bop Drums" > wrote:
>> Paul Harvey" > wrote in message
>>
>> ups.com...

>> > I wasn't talking about the Second Amendment - I understand what it
>> > refers to. I was referring to the arguments that gun-advocates use
>> > saying they need firearms for self-defense.
>>
>> > I don't begrudge someone the right to own a gun for home defense,
>> > however, there are many knuckleheads who I definitely wouldn't like to
>> > see owning RPGs, Mortars and Grenade Launchers.
>>
>> Paul,
>> I am sure that you know that one can't own those things. I do see a very
>> slippery slope though when the government wants to put restrictions on
>> guns.
>> Someone above stated that he saw no need for individuals to own "assault"
>> rifles or .50 sniper rifles. No one has the "need" to own a Ferrari
>> either,
>> but if you have someone who is law abiding, what is wrong with them
>> owning
>> these? Being a Libertarian, I ****ing HATE the government telling adults
>> what they can own or put into their bodies.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Schuh
>> "Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
>> intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
>> the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
>> the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
>> - Nietzsche
>>
>> http://www.hardbopdrums.com/- Hide quoted text -

> Actually grenade launchers can be legally purchased. Which is scary.
> A friend of mine has one on his AR-15.

I was unaware of that.

> Just like vehicle drivers, I believe firearms owners should be
> licensed and require training. Additionally there should be thorough
> background checks and waiting periods. I don't see a thing wrong with
> that. The NRA continually uses the slippery slope argument to kill
> legislation that would prevent nutjobs from getting firearms - I don't
> see this as a good thing.
>
> My father always had guns in the house - but then again, he was a
> stable, rational individual. I don't really begrudge people the right
> to own firearms, but sensible legislation is necessary.
>
> I agree with the libertarian view to a certain extent - but I don't
> favor unrestricted access.

Do you know if you need the amount of licensing for a grenade launcher that
you do for a fully auto rifle etc.? The screening to own a full auto is
rather stringent. Seeing that you said he has an AR-15, I take it that it is
still semi auto? I agree that we need to make training a prerequisite. The
licensing of every weapon scares me a bit. I think that an individual should
be licensed to own guns, but I don't like the government knowing who has
every weapon. I have dealt with our government on levels that I hope you
never have to. My "faith" in it's ability to keep the interest of the
individual as a priority has been dealt a near lethal blow.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/