PDA

View Full Version : And to all a good nightŠ.

Will Brink
August 8th 07, 06:07 PM
Hello all. A note to let you know I have officially removed MFW from my
list of groups I visit regularly.

As some of you know, I am probably the longest running poster on MFW, or
damn close to it. Started posting here not long after it was put up. Back
then we had all the industry's smartest people: Dan Duchaine, Pat Arnold,
Lyle M, and many many others who went on to own companies, write for
various mags, etc, etc.

Hell, even the trolls were either really smart or really entertaining, and
the flame wars were legendary and great fun.

Over the years MFW has changed a great deal, as has all of the news groups
really. Fact is, news groups in general have run their course. I find all
the news group I might frequent that are not moderated are pretty much
worthless and have been ruined by a few idiots/trolls. Each news group
seems to have them now, but MFW seems worse than most.

So, I am leaving as I am not having any fun, not learning anything, and
can count on one hand the number of people I respect and or am interested
in reading what they have to say. Additionally, some of those people
continue to respond to the trolls and idiots regularly, which means my
attempts to killfile said idiots/trolls is not effective at blocking them
out as I end up reading posts/responses of said troll/idiots.

I came to MFW for the entertainment, friendship, learning, teaching, and
legendary flame wars and funny as hell trolls (³bring me a sandwich
bitch!² - Josh Brown) which simply does not exist anymore on MFW. I have
two large private forums to run, post to half dozen or more additional
forums (some of which I am paid to visit) every day, have articles to
write, consulting work to do, seminars to give, research to read, to name
just a few of my responsibilities, yet I still managed to come to MFW
almost daily for a decade or moreŠ

Am I gone for good? Don't know. I never say never and am making no claims
of leaving forever per se, but I'm gone now.

To said trolls and idiots - and you know who you are - I hope you consider
this some type of victory as I know you will. Your pathology and
personality types would allow for nothing else, so to you guys, I say
congratulations!

At the end of the day however, I am Will Brink, and you are not, * which
means I will continue to be well known and well respected in an industry
I enjoy working in (with all its warts and problems) and you will continue
with what ever it is you do, which judging from your posts, aint much. It
was your honor having the chance to interact with meŠ

To my friends - and you know who you are - you know where to reach me.
Always happy to hear from you and you can find me on any number of forums.
Remember, I always felt an MFW moderated would have kept many of the good
posters we lost and kept the trolls/idiots that have all but destroyed MFW
out. Just a thoughtŠ

I hope I have left you all with some good fodder for debate and the start
of a flame war of some kind. I will remove MFW from my news groups list
after posting this, so thankfully will not see the responses.

And to all a good nightŠ.

* I'm sure the SNL/Chevy Chase reference will go over the heads of most of
the trolls/idiots, but I figured I would throw them a bone on leaving

--
Will @ www.BrinkZone.com

"It twas ever thus! " - Mr Natural

Steve Freides
August 8th 07, 10:30 PM
"Will Brink" > wrote in message
> [...]
> Always happy to hear from you and you can find me on any number of
> forums.
> Remember, I always felt an MFW moderated would have kept many of the
> good
> posters we lost and kept the trolls/idiots that have all but destroyed
> MFW
> out. Just a thoughtS
>
> I hope I have left you all with some good fodder for debate and the
> start
> of a flame war of some kind. I will remove MFW from my news groups
> list
> after posting this, so thankfully will not see the responses.
>
> And to all a good nightS.
>

> * I'm sure the SNL/Chevy Chase reference will go over the heads of
> most of
> the trolls/idiots, but I figured I would throw them a bone on leaving

Your participation will be missed, Will.

I make ready use of my killfile and think those who don't in the name of
some sort of sense of democracy (or whatever they think) don't do anyone
a service.

Just my opinion.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Prisoner at War
August 9th 07, 02:36 PM
On Aug 8, 5:30 pm, "Steve Freides" > wrote:

> Your participation will be missed, Will.

I'm really surprised to hear that. All this guy does is bitch and
complain about people not knowing what he thinks they should know.
That's a serious case of ass usenet in general can do without. People
like him are such egomaniacs that they actually think their departure
is a great loss. The hurt defensive tone of his would-be final
riposte (pun intended) only serves to confirm that he is suffering
from delusions of grandeur. No matter how much he may actually know
-- and that's seriously doubtful (he barely writes for muscle mags,
after all, and not actual physiology journals) -- if all he does is
belittle people, he's just a little bully who finds words his only
weapons and lame credentials a shield.

> I make ready use of my killfile and think those who don't in the name of
> some sort of sense of democracy (or whatever they think) don't do anyone
> a service.

It just proves my point further that most people are such egomaniacs
they need to use a kill-file: perish even the mere thought that a
newsgroup should contain things they don't approve of! Much simpler
such people hit ALT+CTRL+DEL and try hitting the gym more often.

> Just my opinion.
>
> -S-http://www.kbnj.com

Steve Freides
August 9th 07, 03:59 PM
"Prisoner at War" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Aug 8, 5:30 pm, "Steve Freides" > wrote:
>>

>> Your participation will be missed, Will.
>
> I'm really surprised to hear that. All this guy does is bitch and
> complain about people not knowing what he thinks they should know.
> That's a serious case of ass usenet in general can do without. People
> like him are such egomaniacs that they actually think their departure
> is a great loss. The hurt defensive tone of his would-be final
> riposte (pun intended) only serves to confirm that he is suffering
> from delusions of grandeur. No matter how much he may actually know
> -- and that's seriously doubtful (he barely writes for muscle mags,
> after all, and not actual physiology journals) -- if all he does is
> belittle people, he's just a little bully who finds words his only
> weapons and lame credentials a shield.

Belittling people is part of the culture here at mfw.:) Seriously,
anyone who takes the written tone of things here 100% at face value
doesn't belong here. One of the problems w/ the written word is that a
lot of things that ought to be perceived in shades of grey suddenly
become black or white when commited to a news server. Everyone needs to
learn to deal with that, and all I can offer is my opinion that Will's
comments have been fine, and beyond that informative and helpful. He
knows a good deal more than I do about many things (not that this is
terribly difficult to do), and he has been a fine citizen of this place.

>> I make ready use of my killfile and think those who don't in the name
>> of
>> some sort of sense of democracy (or whatever they think) don't do
>> anyone
>> a service.
>
> It just proves my point further that most people are such egomaniacs
> they need to use a kill-file: perish even the mere thought that a
> newsgroup should contain things they don't approve of! Much simpler
> such people hit ALT+CTRL+DEL and try hitting the gym more often.

The "need" to use a killfile is not indicative of egomania or any other
malady, period. This is an optional activity for all of us, and one no
more needs read every message than one needs to talk to every person in
the room at the local watering hole.

As I've said before and will repeat for emphasis here again, learning to
use a killfile is what keeps most people from abandoning mfw due to the
poor signal-to-noise ratio. No one wants to be forced to wade through
piles of things they find irrelevant to get to a few mesages they want
to read. That's why I'm liberal in my own use of a killfile. FWIW, my
own policy is that, once or twice a year, I empty my killfile and start
from scratch. I confess that there are people who I've killfiled in the
past with whom I enjoy "speaking" here now - such is life, things
change, people change, I change, and I try to be open to all that.

Also, please note that I don't killfile things because I don't "approve"
of them - I could care less, e.g., suggesting I don't "approve" of Curt
assumes I actually pay attention to him - I don't, which is why he's in
my killfile. I killfile people who's posting I don't want to read - why
I don't want to read them is largely irrelevant, and certainly 100% up
to me. A killfile isn't a judgement, it's a convenience - or it's
whatever the hell you'd like to use it for, but it's certainly a
worthwhile tool to have while navigating the Internet.

Just my opinion.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

JMW
August 9th 07, 04:29 PM
"Steve Freides" > wrote:

>"Prisoner at War" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>> On Aug 8, 5:30 pm, "Steve Freides" > wrote:
>>>

>>> Your participation will be missed, Will.
>>
>> I'm really surprised to hear that. All this guy does is bitch and
>> complain about people not knowing what he thinks they should know.
>> That's a serious case of ass usenet in general can do without. People
>> like him are such egomaniacs that they actually think their departure
>> is a great loss. The hurt defensive tone of his would-be final
>> riposte (pun intended) only serves to confirm that he is suffering
>> from delusions of grandeur. No matter how much he may actually know
>> -- and that's seriously doubtful (he barely writes for muscle mags,
>> after all, and not actual physiology journals) -- if all he does is
>> belittle people, he's just a little bully who finds words his only
>> weapons and lame credentials a shield.
>
>Belittling people is part of the culture here at mfw.:)

And the Chinese fatboy is one of the primary trolls/idiots to which
Will refers. Anymore, I only post occasionally, mostly just to poke a
pointy stick at PaW, Curt, and Hudson while they wallow in the
wasteland that they have created in MFW.

Of course, this post will elicit interminable screeds from all three,
none of which will be read by anyone of importance.

David Cohen
August 9th 07, 04:43 PM
On Aug 9, 8:29 am, JMW > wrote:
> Of course, this post will elicit interminable screeds from all three,
> none of which will be read by anyone of importance.

It's all that "ps" guy's fault! He shows back up after a long absense,
and Will leaves. A coincidence? I think not.

:D

David

Prisoner at War
August 9th 07, 05:56 PM
On Aug 9, 10:59 am, "Steve Freides" > wrote:

> Belittling people is part of the culture here at mfw.:) Seriously,
> anyone who takes the written tone of things here 100% at face value
> doesn't belong here.

Yeah, which is why you people love to announce your kill-files, LOL --
"nah nah nah, I've kill-filed you, I can't hear you, I win!"

> One of the problems w/ the written word is that a
> lot of things that ought to be perceived in shades of grey suddenly
> become black or white when commited to a news server. Everyone needs to
> learn to deal with that, and all I can offer is my opinion that Will's
> comments have been fine, and beyond that informative and helpful. He
> knows a good deal more than I do about many things (not that this is
> terribly difficult to do),

Seriously, how do you know he knows a good deal more than you do if
you say you're ignorant to begin with?

> and he has been a fine citizen of this place.

LOL...are you speaking in "shades of gray" there?

> The "need" to use a killfile is not indicative of egomania or any other
> malady, period.

So why the need to announce kill-files? Such silly little girls here!

> This is an optional activity for all of us, and one no
> more needs read every message than one needs to talk to every person in
> the room at the local watering hole.

Exactly -- so why do y'all not only need kill-files, but need to
announce it?

> As I've said before and will repeat for emphasis here again, learning to
> use a killfile is what keeps most people from abandoning mfw due to the
> poor signal-to-noise ratio.

But didn't you already say "anyone who takes the written tone of
things here 100% at face value doesn't belong here"??

> No one wants to be forced to wade through
> piles of things they find irrelevant to get to a few mesages they want
> to read.

What "wade through"?? What newsreader are you using?? I'm using
cheap ol' dejanews/googlegroups and I see little sad sacks like jmw
sniffing my ass all the time, but I don't need to "wade" through
anything to see that, it's on the thread tree, and I just ignore
it...you make it sound like something is forcing you to click and
actually read such posts....

> That's why I'm liberal in my own use of a killfile. FWIW, my
> own policy is that, once or twice a year, I empty my killfile and start
> from scratch. I confess that there are people who I've killfiled in the
> past with whom I enjoy "speaking" here now - such is life, things
> change, people change, I change, and I try to be open to all that.
>
> Also, please note that I don't killfile things because I don't "approve"
> of them - I could care less, e.g., suggesting I don't "approve" of Curt
> assumes I actually pay attention to him - I don't, which is why he's in
> my killfile. I killfile people who's posting I don't want to read - why
> I don't want to read them is largely irrelevant, and certainly 100% up
> to me. A killfile isn't a judgement, it's a convenience - or it's
> whatever the hell you'd like to use it for, but it's certainly a
> worthwhile tool to have while navigating the Internet.
>
> Just my opinion.

Not judging your preferences; just saying that it makes no sense given
your other statements concerning the nature of the group.

I for one am glad willy brink has decided to STFU...never thought he'd
be a bigger man than jmw and simply find another hobby instead of
paTROLLing MFW for some newbie to blast with his "superior
knowledge" (then again, I've long suspected that his boorish behavior
in MFW would reflect very poorly on his career prospects as a would-be
writer of fitness and bodybuilding articles, so perhaps he's only just
finally wising up to that fact).

Seriously, this is one ****ed-up newsgroup, not because of the
departure of self-styled "experts" like brink, but because the so-
called "experts" are actual wimps in real life. This jmw is some fat
old fart going bald with a case of the mid-life crisis among his three
cats, then there's rob schuh who's dying of steroid abuse, then
there's the other sad sack spazosaurus who's on dialysis or
something...the list goes on and on: I seriously wonder if there are
any real athletes here besides myself. I just see a lot of people who
claim to have knowledge of this and that concoction...and firearms,
LOL, yeah, that sums it all up: pussy-men trying to make up for being
wimps in their youth!

> -S-http://www.kbnj.com

Steve Freides
August 9th 07, 06:02 PM
"Prisoner at War" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> [...]
> in MFW would reflect very poorly on his career prospects as a would-be
> writer of fitness and bodybuilding articles, so perhaps he's only just
> finally wising up to that fact).
>
> Seriously, this is one ****ed-up newsgroup, not because of the
> departure of self-styled "experts" like brink, but because the so-
> called "experts" are actual wimps in real life. This jmw is some fat
> old fart going bald with a case of the mid-life crisis among his three
> cats, then there's rob schuh who's dying of steroid abuse, then
> there's the other sad sack spazosaurus who's on dialysis or
> something...the list goes on and on: I seriously wonder if there are
> any real athletes here besides myself. I just see a lot of people who
> claim to have knowledge of this and that concoction...and firearms,
> LOL, yeah, that sums it all up: pussy-men trying to make up for being

The last time I looked, Rob had competed with results on the public
record, and JMW had posted his training, his progress, and even some
more recent clips of himself (a weighted chinup, if memory serves, and
for which I gave him grief about his form) for all to see. Care to do
the same?

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

>> -S-http://www.kbnj.com

Jim Janney
August 9th 07, 06:14 PM
"Steve Freides" > writes:

> [...]
> own policy is that, once or twice a year, I empty my killfile and start
> from scratch. I confess that there are people who I've killfiled in the
> past with whom I enjoy "speaking" here now - such is life, things
> change, people change, I change, and I try to be open to all that.
>
> Also, please note that I don't killfile things because I don't "approve"
> of them - I could care less, e.g., suggesting I don't "approve" of Curt
> assumes I actually pay attention to him - I don't, which is why he's in
> my killfile. I killfile people who's posting I don't want to read - why
> I don't want to read them is largely irrelevant, and certainly 100% up
> to me. A killfile isn't a judgement, it's a convenience - or it's
> whatever the hell you'd like to use it for, but it's certainly a
> worthwhile tool to have while navigating the Internet.

For me, a killfile is just a time-saver. It automates what I would
otherwise do manually, which is what computers are for. People who
have more time available may not see the value in this :-)

--
Jim Janney

jcderkoeing
August 9th 07, 06:52 PM
"Prisoner at War" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Seriously, this is one ****ed-up newsgroup...

....and most of the posts originate with you...

Prisoner at War
August 9th 07, 07:01 PM
On Aug 9, 1:02 pm, "Steve Freides" > wrote:

> The last time I looked, Rob had competed with results on the public
> record, and JMW had posted his training, his progress, and even some
> more recent clips of himself (a weighted chinup, if memory serves, and
> for which I gave him grief about his form) for all to see. Care to do
> the same?
>
> -S-http://www.kbnj.com

Like I said elsewhere, I'll be posting pics up somewhere soon. As a
matter of fact, I'll do it this very weekend! Thanks for the
motivation. I was looking for a way -- JavaScript perhaps -- to
disable right-clicking on my photos, but I guess I'll just do the ol'
crop-off-the-head thing. Wouldn't want to make jmw's job as newsgroup
hallway monitor and all-purpose cyberstalker any easier now!

Robert Schuh is a steroid user of several years; no big deal. This
jmw character is like any other middle-aged fatso in the gym: looking
good next to him is no accomplishment.

But of course you conveniently miss the point of my remarks: this
newsgroup can do with more real athletes and less self-styled experts
on pills and concoctions like brink and jmw and the druggies who have
nothing better to do than engage in flame wars and cyberstalking.
Good riddance to brink -- though it's only on account of his moribund
career off-line as a would-be bodybuilding journalist that he's
decided to finally STFU. Publisher Robert Kennedy must have realized
what an embarrassment it was to his magazine! Too bad Dick Cheney's
office hasn't called up jmw with a job offer.

Prisoner at War
August 9th 07, 07:03 PM
On Aug 9, 1:52 pm, "jcderkoeing" > wrote:

> ...and most of the posts originate with you...

Which posts? Come on, let's play brink's favorite MFW game: cites??

Steve Freides
August 9th 07, 07:06 PM
"Prisoner at War" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Aug 9, 1:02 pm, "Steve Freides" > wrote:
>>

>> The last time I looked, Rob had competed with results on the public
>> record, and JMW had posted his training, his progress, and even some
>> more recent clips of himself (a weighted chinup, if memory serves,
>> and
>> for which I gave him grief about his form) for all to see. Care to
>> do
>> the same?
>>
>> -S-http://www.kbnj.com
>

> Like I said elsewhere, I'll be posting pics up somewhere soon. As a
> matter of fact, I'll do it this very weekend! Thanks for the
> motivation. I was looking for a way -- JavaScript perhaps -- to
> disable right-clicking on my photos, but I guess I'll just do the ol'
> crop-off-the-head thing. Wouldn't want to make jmw's job as newsgroup
> hallway monitor and all-purpose cyberstalker any easier now!

My picture, in recognizable form, is in lots of places on the Internet
including, I am told, sites where people don't like me. That's life in
the big city as far as I'm concerned.

> Robert Schuh is a steroid user of several years; no big deal.

Rob was a competitive bodybuilder, a sport that, whether or not you like
its history with drugs, requires a lot of hard training and a lot of
self-discipline, qualities many folks around here lack.

> This
> jmw character is like any other middle-aged fatso in the gym:

JMW did a chinup w/ bodyweight + 90 lbs. if memory serves, well beyond
the reach of most here, and even if I quibbled with his form, I don't
doubt that he could do one with a little less weight that would pass my
strict standards if he cared to.

> looking good next to him is no accomplishment.

We will be the judge of that after you post something, both of the
verity of the evidence and of the worthiness of it if the first hurdle
is overcome.

> But of course you conveniently miss the point of my remarks: this
> newsgroup can do with more real athletes and less self-styled experts
> on pills and concoctions like brink and jmw and the druggies who have
> nothing better to do than engage in flame wars and cyberstalking.
> Good riddance to brink -- though it's only on account of his moribund
> career off-line as a would-be bodybuilding journalist that he's
> decided to finally STFU. Publisher Robert Kennedy must have realized
> what an embarrassment it was to his magazine! Too bad Dick Cheney's
> office hasn't called up jmw with a job offer.

No, I don't miss your point, I just don't agree with it.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Prisoner at War
August 9th 07, 07:42 PM
On Aug 9, 2:06 pm, "Steve Freides" > wrote:

> My picture, in recognizable form, is in lots of places on the Internet
> including, I am told, sites where people don't like me. That's life in
> the big city as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, but I don't choose to live in "the big city."

Anyway, I'd already posted photos up once, but jealous lil' jmw
claimed they weren't real. So I don't expect to "convince" anyone
anyway -- I'll be doing it 'cause I had long wanted a record of myself
to compare with this time next year, now that I'm finally getting
serious WRT the "rocket science" of bodybuilding (proper diet,
supplementation, over-training, rest and sleep).

> Rob was a competitive bodybuilder, a sport that, whether or not you like
> its history with drugs, requires a lot of hard training and a lot of
> self-discipline, qualities many folks around here lack.

I'm the guy who does five-hour total body workouts (25% of which is
rest between sets, okay, but still...). But, genetics aside, not
being a steroid user means my accomplishments are more my own than
some pharmaceutical company's. That Rob Schuh was "sponsored," in
that sense, by a drug company only means he's a giant lab rat. BFD!
And it is precisely my point that folks in MFW do not work out enough,
which is why talk here is about drugs and guns.

> JMW did a chinup w/ bodyweight + 90 lbs. if memory serves, well beyond
> the reach of most here, and even if I quibbled with his form, I don't
> doubt that he could do one with a little less weight that would pass my
> strict standards if he cared to.

I haven't tried it myself, but I have no doubt I can do that, too,
with training -- as it is, I can do the whole stack of plates in
perfect form on the lat pulldown machines, and it's just some
neurological "re-tooling" to recondition my muscles to execute
essentially the same movement calisthenically, with a heavy dumbbell
strapped on.

But that's not my point -- "mine's bigger than yours" -- which is that
this newsgroup has gone down due to people like brink and jmw. The
google archives are full of these wimps' trash talk. You think you'd
hear this from them in a gym? Nope, but on usenet they can talk about
"cyclic ketonic diets" and sound like real he-men.

> We will be the judge of that after you post something, both of the
> verity of the evidence and of the worthiness of it if the first hurdle
> is overcome.

What?

> No, I don't miss your point, I just don't agree with it.

Oh, you've conveniently side-stepped it all this time by digressing
into an old schoolyard ****ing contest -- and already with the caveat
that my photos might not be authentic anyway! Just face it: you see
what you want to see -- which is why you're so enamored of kill-files.

> -S-http://www.kbnj.com

Prisoner at War
August 9th 07, 07:43 PM
On Aug 9, 2:06 pm, "Steve Freides" > wrote:

> My picture, in recognizable form, is in lots of places on the Internet
> including, I am told, sites where people don't like me. That's life in
> the big city as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, but I don't choose to live in "the big city."

Anyway, I'd already posted photos up once, but jealous lil' jmw
claimed they weren't real. So I don't expect to "convince" anyone
anyway -- I'll be doing it 'cause I had long wanted a record of myself
to compare with this time next year, now that I'm finally getting
serious WRT the "rocket science" of bodybuilding (proper diet,
supplementation, over-training, rest and sleep).

> Rob was a competitive bodybuilder, a sport that, whether or not you like
> its history with drugs, requires a lot of hard training and a lot of
> self-discipline, qualities many folks around here lack.

I'm the guy who does five-hour total body workouts (25% of which is
rest between sets, okay, but still...). But, genetics aside, not
being a steroid user means my accomplishments are more my own than
some pharmaceutical company's. That Rob Schuh was "sponsored," in
that sense, by a drug company only means he's a giant lab rat. BFD!
And it is precisely my point that folks in MFW do not work out enough,
which is why talk here is about drugs and guns.

> JMW did a chinup w/ bodyweight + 90 lbs. if memory serves, well beyond
> the reach of most here, and even if I quibbled with his form, I don't
> doubt that he could do one with a little less weight that would pass my
> strict standards if he cared to.

I haven't tried it myself, but I have no doubt I can do that, too,
with training -- as it is, I can do the whole stack of plates in
perfect form on the lat pulldown machines, and it's just some
neurological "re-tooling" to recondition my muscles to execute
essentially the same movement calisthenically, with a heavy dumbbell
strapped on.

But that's not my point -- "mine's bigger than yours" -- which is that
this newsgroup has gone down due to people like brink and jmw. The
google archives are full of these wimps' trash talk. You think you'd
hear this from them in a gym? Nope, but on usenet they can talk about
"cyclic ketonic diets" and sound like real he-men.

> We will be the judge of that after you post something, both of the
> verity of the evidence and of the worthiness of it if the first hurdle
> is overcome.

What?

> No, I don't miss your point, I just don't agree with it.

Oh, you've conveniently side-stepped it all this time by digressing
into an old schoolyard ****ing contest -- and already with the caveat
that my photos might not be authentic anyway! Just face it: you see
what you want to see -- which is why you're so enamored of kill-files.

> -S-http://www.kbnj.com

Charles
August 9th 07, 08:32 PM
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:29:33 -0400, JMW
> wrote:

>"Steve Freides" > wrote:
>
>>"Prisoner at War" > wrote in message
ps.com...

>>> I'm really surprised to hear that. All this guy does is bitch and
>>> complain about people not knowing what he thinks they should know.
>>> That's a serious case of ass usenet in general can do without. People
>>> like him are such egomaniacs that they actually think their departure
>>> is a great loss. The hurt defensive tone of his would-be final
>>> riposte (pun intended) only serves to confirm that he is suffering
>>> from delusions of grandeur. No matter how much he may actually know
>>> -- and that's seriously doubtful (he barely writes for muscle mags,
>>> after all, and not actual physiology journals) -- if all he does is
>>> belittle people, he's just a little bully who finds words his only
>>> weapons and lame credentials a shield.
>>
>>Belittling people is part of the culture here at mfw.:)
>
>And the Chinese fatboy is one of the primary trolls/idiots to which
>Will refers. Anymore, I only post occasionally, mostly just to poke a
>pointy stick at PaW, Curt, and Hudson while they wallow in the
>wasteland that they have created in MFW.

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA etc.

I don't know about "wasteland" John Williams, but little Willy Brink's
inevitable departure and your admittance to participating only in the
odd "pointy stick" foray, looks like a resounding game, set and match
to me!! ;o)

>Of course, this post will elicit interminable screeds from all three,
>none of which will be read by anyone of importance.

Wrong again john boy; in victory magnanimity is the gentleman's credo,
and there really is nothing to be gained further by continually
pointing out that you have been soundly beaten at your own game.

To re-inflate your flagging ego, kindly **** off, find less effective
and combative opposition, and try and impress yourself upon some other
hapless group, that will fall for your pseudo intellectualism and
rampant bull****!!

In the land of the blind the one-eyed fat bald old ******* rules!!

Some "Enforcer" you turned out to be!! ;o)

TTFN!

Steve Freides
August 9th 07, 08:54 PM
"Prisoner at War" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> [...]
> this newsgroup has gone down due to people like brink and jmw. The
> google archives are full of these wimps' trash talk. You think you'd
> hear this from them in a gym? Nope, but on usenet they can talk about
> "cyclic ketonic diets" and sound like real he-men.
>
>> We will be the judge of that after you post something, both of the
>> verity of the evidence and of the worthiness of it if the first
>> hurdle
>> is overcome.
>
> What?
>
>> No, I don't miss your point, I just don't agree with it.
>
> Oh, you've conveniently side-stepped it all this time by digressing
> into an old schoolyard ****ing contest -- and already with the caveat
> that my photos might not be authentic anyway! Just face it: you see
> what you want to see -- which is why you're so enamored of kill-files.

Hey, my name is on the attendance rolls at organized meets - if you
don't want to do that, that's on you, but don't complain when people
don't believe you here. It's not side-stepping anything - no one
believes a "gym" lift from someone who hasn't posted numbers in a
competition. It's not a ****ing contest to say show up and lift - if
you insist on anonymity, then the rest of us insist on the right not
believe a thing you say. You can't have it both ways.

I'm done with this thread - add whatever else you like but no further

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

>> -S-http://www.kbnj.com

Prisoner at War
August 9th 07, 09:32 PM
On Aug 9, 3:54 pm, "Steve Freides" > wrote:

> Hey, my name is on the attendance rolls at organized meets - if you
> don't want to do that, that's on you, but don't complain when people
> don't believe you here. It's not side-stepping anything - no one
> believes a "gym" lift from someone who hasn't posted numbers in a
> competition. It's not a ****ing contest to say show up and lift - if
> you insist on anonymity, then the rest of us insist on the right not
> believe a thing you say. You can't have it both ways.

The point isn't about my lifts, though -- who can't bench 295? 315?
(When I get 405, I'll be so proud I might just make myself public,
even though that'd only be twice my weight, and thus only respectable
at best).

No, I'm not so stupid as set myself up for the likes of jmw out of
simple vanity. Besides, there's always someone stronger, and always
someone weaker; what am I trying to prove here? You see, that's the
thing y'all don't get: I don't come here for validation. Trolls like
brink and jmw do; hence their hurt defensive tone all the time when
people ignore them their self-appointed missions in life as newsgroup
hallway monitors and fitness authorities.

You think I come here for validation and acceptance from the likes of
that?? The fact that this is such an issue with you guys is really
laughable. And y'all wonder why there's hardly any talk on training
and such -- you're too busy arguing Superman versus Spiderman!

> I'm done with this thread - add whatever else you like but no further

Well, I don't know why you were so exercised by my post -- but you can
always e-mail willy brink for his latest views on guns and steroids.
Leave MFW to athletes who actually workout.

> -S-http://www.kbnj.com

Hard Bop Drums
August 10th 07, 02:22 AM
Steve Freides" > wrote in message
> [...]
>> called "experts" are actual wimps in real life. This jmw is some fat
>> old fart going bald with a case of the mid-life crisis among his three
>> cats, then there's rob schuh who's dying of steroid abuse, then
>> there's the other sad sack spazosaurus who's on dialysis or
>> something...the list goes on and on: I seriously wonder if there are
>> any real athletes here besides myself. I just see a lot of people who
>> claim to have knowledge of this and that concoction...and firearms,
>> LOL, yeah, that sums it all up: pussy-men trying to make up for being
>> wimps in their youth!
>
> The last time I looked, Rob had competed with results on the public
> record, and JMW had posted his training, his progress, and even some more
> recent clips of himself (a weighted chinup, if memory serves, and for
> which I gave him grief about his form) for all to see. Care to do the

Steve.
You already know that these anonymous cowards like the POW fatty just talk
**** to talk ****. I also find it hilarious how all they can do is come up
with libel and innuendo when addressing someone like myself who has had
verifiable results in bodybuilding. I will put up $10,000.00 that I look
better and can handle more weight than any of these clowns at age 45 and
having a kidney transplant. ANYONE in MFW who comes to Phoenix is invited to
the gym with me to verify any of it. ;-) BTW, I looked FAR better in my
"youth," so does that make me a pussy too? :-)

Rob

Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Hard Bop Drums
August 10th 07, 02:25 AM
"Steve Freides" > wrote in message
> "Prisoner at War" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> On Aug 9, 1:02 pm, "Steve Freides" > wrote:
>>>

>>> The last time I looked, Rob had competed with results on the public
>>> record, and JMW had posted his training, his progress, and even some
>>> more recent clips of himself (a weighted chinup, if memory serves, and
>>> for which I gave him grief about his form) for all to see. Care to do
>>> the same?
>>>
>>> -S-http://www.kbnj.com
>>

>> Like I said elsewhere, I'll be posting pics up somewhere soon. As a
>> matter of fact, I'll do it this very weekend! Thanks for the
>> motivation. I was looking for a way -- JavaScript perhaps -- to
>> disable right-clicking on my photos, but I guess I'll just do the ol'
>> crop-off-the-head thing. Wouldn't want to make jmw's job as newsgroup
>> hallway monitor and all-purpose cyberstalker any easier now!
>
> My picture, in recognizable form, is in lots of places on the Internet
> including, I am told, sites where people don't like me. That's life in
> the big city as far as I'm concerned.
>
>> Robert Schuh is a steroid user of several years; no big deal.
>
> Rob was a competitive bodybuilder, a sport that, whether or not you like
> its history with drugs, requires a lot of hard training and a lot of
> self-discipline, qualities many folks around here lack.
>
>> This
>> jmw character is like any other middle-aged fatso in the gym:
>
> JMW did a chinup w/ bodyweight + 90 lbs. if memory serves, well beyond the
> reach of most here, and even if I quibbled with his form, I don't doubt
> that he could do one with a little less weight that would pass my strict
> standards if he cared to.
>
>> looking good next to him is no accomplishment.
>
> We will be the judge of that after you post something, both of the verity
> of the evidence and of the worthiness of it if the first hurdle is
> overcome.
>
>> But of course you conveniently miss the point of my remarks: this
>> newsgroup can do with more real athletes and less self-styled experts
>> on pills and concoctions like brink and jmw and the druggies who have
>> nothing better to do than engage in flame wars and cyberstalking.
>> Good riddance to brink -- though it's only on account of his moribund
>> career off-line as a would-be bodybuilding journalist that he's
>> decided to finally STFU. Publisher Robert Kennedy must have realized
>> what an embarrassment it was to his magazine! Too bad Dick Cheney's
>> office hasn't called up jmw with a job offer.
>
> No, I don't miss your point, I just don't agree with it.
>
> -S-
> http://www.kbnj.com

Steve,
You are wasting your time with this troll. He is very much like the
"infamous" Neal Fabian who used to post here. They talk a lot of smack, but
NEVER will allow anyone to know their real name nor verify any of their
bull**** claims.

Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Hard Bop Drums
August 10th 07, 02:30 AM
> [...]
>>
>>> No, I don't miss your point, I just don't agree with it.
>>
>> Oh, you've conveniently side-stepped it all this time by digressing
>> into an old schoolyard ****ing contest -- and already with the caveat
>> that my photos might not be authentic anyway! Just face it: you see
>> what you want to see -- which is why you're so enamored of kill-files.
>
> Hey, my name is on the attendance rolls at organized meets - if you don't
> want to do that, that's on you, but don't complain when people don't
> believe you here. It's not side-stepping anything - no one believes a
> "gym" lift from someone who hasn't posted numbers in a competition. It's
> not a ****ing contest to say show up and lift - if you insist on
> anonymity, then the rest of us insist on the right not believe a thing you
> say. You can't have it both ways.
>
> I'm done with this thread - add whatever else you like but no further

Isn't it hilarious how these trolls like POW get so obsessed with their lies
and bull**** claims they make about others? The facts are that he won't even
post his name and when you use anabolic steroids, you can train MUCH harder
and recuperate. I would love to get that fat little **** under the squat
rack! :-)

Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

JMW
August 10th 07, 02:33 AM
"Steve Freides" > wrote:

>The last time I looked, Rob had competed with results on the public
>record, and JMW had posted his training, his progress, and even some
>more recent clips of himself (a weighted chinup, if memory serves, and
>for which I gave him grief about his form) for all to see. Care to do
>the same?

The arse formerly known as NYC XYZ once posted a blurry old pic of
himself on craigslist when he was trolling for female companionship.
After a few females read the writings that went with it, they told him
he was a narcissistic asshole, and he took it down.

BTW, now that I'm down to 180 pounds, I may do another video and give
you a run for money on the bodyweight-plus chins. How much did you
manage? 106 pounds, was it? I'll never equal Dmitri's 170 pounds,
but I think I can do well over 100 pounds. It may not be Pavel's
prescribed form, but I'll be sure it's a dead hang and the chin clears
the bar. ;)

JMW
August 10th 07, 02:37 AM
Prisoner at War > wrote:

>The point isn't about my lifts, though -- who can't bench 295? 315?
>(When I get 405, I'll be so proud I might just make myself public,
>even though that'd only be twice my weight, and thus only respectable
>at best).

You'll do nothing of the sort. You're a bull****ting loser who will
never post photos, never post videos, never enter a powerlifting meet,
and never do anything that might destroy your phony Usenet persona.

Steve Freides
August 10th 07, 03:10 AM
"JMW" > wrote in message
> "Steve Freides" > wrote:
>>
>>The last time I looked, Rob had competed with results on the public
>>record, and JMW had posted his training, his progress, and even some
>>more recent clips of himself (a weighted chinup, if memory serves, and
>>for which I gave him grief about his form) for all to see. Care to do
>>the same?
>
> The arse formerly known as NYC XYZ once posted a blurry old pic of
> himself on craigslist when he was trolling for female companionship.
> After a few females read the writings that went with it, they told him
> he was a narcissistic asshole, and he took it down.
>
> BTW, now that I'm down to 180 pounds, I may do another video and give
> you a run for money on the bodyweight-plus chins. How much did you
> manage? 106 pounds, was it?

Yup, I did bw + 106 lbs. about a month ago.

> I'll never equal Dmitri's 170 pounds,
> but I think I can do well over 100 pounds. It may not be Pavel's
> prescribed form, but I'll be sure it's a dead hang and the chin clears
> the bar. ;)

Dead hang at the bottom and chin over the bar at the top is all you
need.

I've gone back to working on mine, with an eye towards giving DZ a run
for his money, because I've got my eyes on a one-armed chinup at some
point in the future - I figure me plus bw on the dipping belt is a good
step in that direction. Since I'm weakest at the top (as I think most
people are), I'm working on holds in the top position, typically 1-3
reps w/ a 3-5 sec hold at the top and a slow negative. Currently I'm
using 88 lbs. for the chinup grip and 53 lbs. for pullups, low volume at
the moment, and mixing in some bodyweight pullups for reps because I
have to do those at the TSC meets I do twice a year. (The weights are,
as you might imagine, 40 kg and 24 kg kettlebells, respectively - the
fact that they have built-in handles make them oh-so-convenient for this
sort of thing.)

Best of luck to you, and looking forward to that video clip.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

JMW
August 10th 07, 03:19 AM
Prisoner at War > wrote:

>On Aug 9, 1:52 pm, "jcderkoeing" > wrote:
>>

>> ...and most of the posts originate with you...
>

>Which posts? Come on, let's play brink's favorite MFW game: cites??

http://tinyurl.com/25uhmq

God, that was easy. You're such a dumbass.

JMW
August 10th 07, 04:20 AM
"Hard Bop Drums" > wrote:

>Steve,
>You are wasting your time with this troll. He is very much like the
>"infamous" Neal Fabian who used to post here. They talk a lot of smack, but
>NEVER will allow anyone to know their real name nor verify any of their
>bull**** claims.

Actually, I finally got a response to my "Who Is Neal Fabian?"
inquiry. I came from someone who knew him fairly well. Very
interesting stuff.

Oddly enough, one of the few truthful things is the name. He really
is Neal Fabian. But this person confirmed a lot things of which I was
already fairly sure, including his age: he'll turn 70 in few months.

d wells
August 10th 07, 04:34 AM
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:03:03 -0700, Prisoner at War
> wrote:

>On Aug 9, 1:52 pm, "jcderkoeing" > wrote:
>>

>> ...and most of the posts originate with you...
>

>Which posts? Come on, let's play brink's favorite MFW game: cites??

I see what you guys are doing. Trying to fire up a good old-fashioned
flame war to lure Will back.

If this were a romantic comedy Will would somehow stumble across this
post (Tom Hanks would probably let it slip to him), a tear would form
in Will's eye, and his fingers would start dancing across the
keyboard.

His attempt to rejoin the group would be foiled, however, as his tears
of joy and sorrow fell into keyboard of his Dell Latitude and caused
it to short out.

Just when all seemed lost John Cusak and Meg Ryan would rush in with
an iPhone and save the day.

The film would gross almost nothing domestically but would clean up in
Europe. DVD sales would be strong enough to encourage the development
of a straight-to-DVD sequel.

IF this were a romantic comedy.

However, this is not a romantic comedy and Will's Baptist background
prevents any part of him from dancing anywhere.

(BTW, there would be no nipple shots in either movie. And, yes, I
know; Will's an atheist.)

FWIW, I am sorry to see Will bow out.

(I recognize that I may have been one of the troll-responders Will
referred to. Though, really, it was only one troll. And was he really
a troll by the strictest definition? Anyway, I have trouble putting up
with people whose only goal in life seems to be hate mongering. And it
all came to a good end ... the troll eventually learned how to use
Google Groups ... so he grew, it was a learning experience ... I was a
helper.

No. Now, I'm just making excuses. Maybe the story of how I sought help
and learned how to accept responsibility for my actions could be on
the Special Features section of the DVD. A poster in the DVD box
would be nice too. And no DRM. Definitely, no DRM.)

JMW
August 10th 07, 05:21 AM
d wells > wrote:

>I recognize that I may have been one of the troll-responders Will
>referred to. Though, really, it was only one troll. And was he really
>a troll by the strictest definition?

Strictest definition? We no longer have any old-style classic trolls,
the type who would come into a newsgroup and skillfully post something
designed to create maximum controversy without being too obvious.

What's left? Well, the type of "troll" you now see tends to be
someone who originally entered the newsgroup with great hopes. In
general, they tend to be attention whores who came here with great
hopes of becoming popular and beloved by everyone, and maybe, a bit of
an expert. They didn't get the reception they were hoping for, at
least not for long, and like most attention whores, that made them
angry. But instead of stomping away, they decide to stay and make
things as miserable as possible for those who they believe have
slighted them.

John "Charles" Hudson has been doing it for years. Have you ever seen
him post *anything* of value? His whole purpose here is revenge on
those who damaged his fragile ego.

Curt James? He may occasionally post some bodybuilder fanboy messages
or Google some link on a subject that he really doesn't understand,
but for the most part, he's pretty much the same.

And now it's Prisoner at War, formerly known as NYC XYZ, who wants to
be a real "playa." But as I expected, even with his new persona, it
only took him a few months to show his true colors, and now he's in it
for revenge, too.

The Queen of Cans and Jars
August 10th 07, 06:08 AM
JMW > wrote:

> The arse formerly known as NYC XYZ once posted a blurry old pic of
> himself on craigslist when he was trolling for female companionship.

Waitaminnit. That's Prisoner at War?

JMW
August 10th 07, 07:34 AM
(The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:
>JMW > wrote:
>
>> The arse formerly known as NYC XYZ once posted a blurry old pic of
>> himself on craigslist when he was trolling for female companionship.
>
>Waitaminnit. That's Prisoner at War?

The same.

Pete
August 10th 07, 08:27 AM
"Prisoner at War" > schreef:

>> Your participation will be missed, Will.

> I'm really surprised to hear that.

I know.

> All this guy does is bitch and
> complain about people not knowing what he thinks they should know.
> That's a serious case of ass usenet in general can do without. People
> like him are such egomaniacs that they actually think their departure
> is a great loss.

Will is gone, but we have you instead.

Great...

You dont even understand the basic stuff about training...

> The hurt defensive tone of his would-be final
> riposte (pun intended) only serves to confirm that he is suffering
> from delusions of grandeur. No matter how much he may actually know
> -- and that's seriously doubtful (he barely writes for muscle mags,
> after all, and not actual physiology journals) -- if all he does is
> belittle people, he's just a little bully who finds words his only
> weapons and lame credentials a shield.

No.
Will gets paid because people want to hear his opinion.

--
Pete

Charles
August 10th 07, 09:06 AM
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 00:21:22 -0400, JMW
> wrote:

>d wells > wrote:
>>
>>I recognize that I may have been one of the troll-responders Will
>>referred to. Though, really, it was only one troll. And was he really
>>a troll by the strictest definition?
>
>Strictest definition? We no longer have any old-style classic trolls,
>the type who would come into a newsgroup and skillfully post something
>designed to create maximum controversy without being too obvious.

There is no need for "trolling" anymore john boy; the job has been
done and all the blustering bully boys have had their comeuppance.

>What's left? Well, the type of "troll" you now see tends to be
>someone who originally entered the newsgroup with great hopes. In
>general, they tend to be attention whores who came here with great
>hopes of becoming popular and beloved by everyone, and maybe, a bit of
>an expert. They didn't get the reception they were hoping for, at
>least not for long, and like most attention whores, that made them
>angry.

The Williams' version of what happened after he unwisely chose without
any provocation to be gratuitously rude and offensive to a complete
stranger.

>But instead of stomping away,

Which is what John "Enforcer" Williams really wanted and expected!!

>they decide to stay and make
>things as miserable as possible for those who they believe have
>slighted them.

A task which was announced, pursued with diligence as befits an
English gentleman warrior and which reaped rich rewards. It perhaps
also taught some people a valuable lesson that there are certain types
that can't and won't be bullied.

>John "Charles" Hudson has been doing it for years. Have you ever seen
>him post *anything* of value? His whole purpose here is revenge on
>those who damaged his fragile ego.

You mean the same "John 'Charles' Hudson" who took John "Enforcer"
Williams on at his own game, turned Williams' own tactics back upon
himself and forced MFW's long-term "troll", bully, stalker and
blackmailer into submission and eventual withdrawal from active
participation in the Group?

>Curt James? He may occasionally post some bodybuilder fanboy messages
>or Google some link on a subject that he really doesn't understand,
>but for the most part, he's pretty much the same.
>
>And now it's Prisoner at War, formerly known as NYC XYZ, who wants to
>be a real "playa." But as I expected, even with his new persona, it
>only took him a few months to show his true colors, and now he's in it
>for revenge, too.

You have given the ****s to countless numbers of people here John
Williams - for a very long time. You have had any number of bitter
personal feuds, and used some despicable tactics in efforts to drive
away people, who for reasons best known to yourself but likely to be
linked to your impaired mental condition, have offended you.

You have paraded your sordid personal life for all to see, boasted
endlessly about your physical ability and proportions including
posting silly-looking near-naked photographs of yourself, and you
have projected yourself as the fount of all knowledge, spouting reams
of copied and pasted pseudo scientific/medical material harvested from
the depths of Google.

You have even offered personal physical violence to those who have
opposed you, and yet here you are now whingeing and whining like the
silly old tart that you really are, declaring that certain people who
have relentlessly refused to be cowed by you have spoiled the Group
irrevocably.

You have always been the problem in this Group John Williams, and even
your so-called friends have drawn your repeatedly hostile and
confrontational posturing to your attention on many occasions.

You are a fat old fraud John Williams and if you are indicating by
increasingly drawing me into your "pointy stick" contributions, while
attempting as usual to drum up support for your one-sided account of
what has taken place here, then I am more than willing to take up the
cudgels again and give you another good arse kicking.

You want some sport john boy? I'm up for it old chap - have no doubts
about that. By the way, how *is* Annaclaire?!!

Have a great weekend you slimy old bugger - you know I intend to!! ;o)

TFIF!

Pete
August 10th 07, 09:07 AM
"Prisoner at War" > schreef:

> Seriously, how do you know he knows a good deal more than you do if
> you say you're ignorant to begin with?

How do little children know that what their teacher tell them is true?
Or their parents?

They dont.

They wil find out, usually the hard way, about 10-15 years later.

>> and he has been a fine citizen of this place.

> LOL...are you speaking in "shades of gray" there?

Was he ever nasty to you?

>> The "need" to use a killfile is not indicative of egomania or any other
>> malady, period.

> So why the need to announce kill-files? Such silly little girls here!

Than why post here?

Go to a real "manly" group.

You are obviously to maculine to post here.

> I for one am glad willy brink has decided to STFU...

But why?
Really. I would like to know.

> never thought he'd
> be a bigger man than jmw and simply find another hobby instead of
> paTROLLing MFW for some newbie to blast with his "superior
> knowledge"...

I can assure you that Will is the last person here who needs a hobby.

You are too stupid to realize that with Will gone, there are not even a
handfull of people left here with certain knowledge. And YOU dont seem to
get along with one of them.

Mind you, i am not one of them.

The only thing i know about nutrtion is that if you dont grow while you eat
one hamburger/day, you probably need two or three. And some fries and
milkshake to go with that.

> (then again, I've long suspected that his boorish behavior
> in MFW would reflect very poorly on his career prospects as a would-be
> writer of fitness and bodybuilding articles, so perhaps he's only just
> finally wising up to that fact).

Will is not a wannabee. Wether you believe that or not is up to you.

> Seriously, this is one ****ed-up newsgroup...

It is now.

> not because of the
> departure of self-styled "experts" like brink, but because the so-
> called "experts" are actual wimps in real life. This jmw is some fat
> old fart going bald with a case of the mid-life crisis among his three
> cats...

We are not forcing you to like him, but suppose someone needs to fine-tune
his diet and/or training, who should they ask?

You?

No offense, but you are too stupid to answer complicated questions about
training/diet.

Really, no offense.

JMW isnt. Wether you like him or not, is up to you.

> then there's rob schuh who's dying of steroid abuse...

For the record, and the LAST time...

Roberts health problems are not steroid related. And he also has more
knowledge than you.
And not just anout steroids

> then there's the other sad sack spazosaurus who's on dialysis or
> something...

Yeah, so ?!?!?!
Consider yourself LUCKY that YOU are not! I do.

Ari knows a lot more about human anotomy and training than you.

You're a moron with no concept of biomechanics.

If i was in doubt about wether or not the teres muscles were hit harder
doing wide grip pulldowns instead of narrow grips or rows, i would probably
ask him, NOT you!

No offense, but You're a moron with no concept of biomechanics.

And you are Chinese, too.

And you dont seem to get along with Ari, Will, Robert and JMW.
You even had a bad attitude towards Om.

> the list goes on and on: I seriously wonder if there are
> any real athletes here besides myself.

No, we just pretend.

> I just see a lot of people who
> claim to have knowledge of this and that concoction...and firearms,
> LOL, yeah, that sums it all up: pussy-men trying to make up for being
> wimps in their youth!

Never judge someone solely by the the contents of the posts here.

You might be in for a surprise.

This is probably the last time i respond to you. No, no, i wont put you in
my kill-file!
Your comments about training are too amusing!

If you have actually something intelligent to say, i will respond.

--
Pete

Pete
August 10th 07, 09:15 AM
"Prisoner at War" > schreef:

> I'm the guy who does five-hour total body workouts...

Right...

> (25% of which is rest between sets, okay, but still...).

Sure...

A 20 second set followed by 5 seconds rest.

Right.

> Oh, you've conveniently side-stepped it all this time by digressing
> into an old schoolyard ****ing contest -- and already with the caveat
> that my photos might not be authentic anyway! Just face it: you see
> what you want to see -- which is why you're so enamored of kill-files.

And now you dont even get along with Freides.

Haha!

--
Pete

Pete
August 10th 07, 09:21 AM
"Prisoner at War" > schreef:

>> Hey, my name is on the attendance rolls at organized meets - if you
>> don't want to do that, that's on you, but don't complain when people
>> don't believe you here. It's not side-stepping anything - no one
>> believes a "gym" lift from someone who hasn't posted numbers in a
>> competition. It's not a ****ing contest to say show up and lift - if
>> you insist on anonymity, then the rest of us insist on the right not
>> believe a thing you say. You can't have it both ways.

> The point isn't about my lifts, though -- who can't bench 295? 315?
> (When I get 405, I'll be so proud I might just make myself public,
> even though that'd only be twice my weight, and thus only respectable
> at best).

Carefull, Asian boy.

Steve might be weird, but he sure is strong as hell!

He pulled more weight of the floort the i *ever* have!

Not pound/bodyweight, but in absolute numbers.

There was also another lift he was a lot better at. Chins, i believe.

When be becomes better at machine front presses, i will jump of a bridge.
Or just walk over it and wait for it to collapse.

--
Pete

Uncle Bob[_2_]
August 10th 07, 12:57 PM
"JMW" > schreef:

FWIW, Andre and Bully dont post anymore too.

And they actually liked to discuss training...

> Strictest definition? We no longer have any old-style classic trolls,
> the type who would come into a newsgroup and skillfully post something
> designed to create maximum controversy without being too obvious.

Sounds good.

<insert sound of alpha male Gorilla beating large hands on chest **RIGHT**
here....>

http://groups.google.nl/group/misc.fitness.weights/browse_thread/thread/ab196ec7d74ef7f0/fd129018ea25eb08?q=provided+the+music&lnk=nl&hl=nl&

We could really need someone who will constantly oppose to squats in favor
of leg-presses, and leg curls to prove that some isolation exercises are
better than the old "MFW wisdom" that;

Squats and deads rule.

Typed so good, that hundreds of replys will follow.
Were are the Midkiffs, Robos, Brookmans, Watsons, Bruces and even Krissies,
when you really need them ?!?!?!

--
Pete

The Queen of Cans and Jars
August 10th 07, 02:46 PM
JMW > wrote:

> (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:
> >JMW > wrote:
> >
> >> The arse formerly known as NYC XYZ once posted a blurry old pic of
> >> himself on craigslist when he was trolling for female companionship.
> >
> >Waitaminnit. That's Prisoner at War?
>
> The same.

No wonder he's so useless.

Curt
August 10th 07, 05:36 PM
JMW wrote:
[...]

> Anymore, I only post occasionally, mostly just to poke a
> pointy stick at <snip>, Curt, and <snip> while they wallow
> in the wasteland that they have created in MFW.

Right. Wasteland.

John, I figured your great anti-troll work would've prevented any
wasteland creation.

> Of course, this post will elicit interminable screeds from all three,
> none of which will be read by anyone of importance.

Screeds. You do love that word.

Here's a screed for you, Johnny, in the much more than likely event
that you stumble into Google groups to peek at responses to your
inspired words:

Do you really think "anyone of importance" is concerned with your
pointy stick and how you choose to use it?

Hth.

--
Curt

August 10th 07, 05:40 PM
On Aug 9, 7:43 pm, David Cohen > wrote:
> On Aug 9, 8:29 am, JMW > wrote:
>
> > Of course, this post will elicit interminable screeds from all three,
> > none of which will be read by anyone of importance.
>
> It's all that "ps" guy's fault! He shows back up after a long absense,
> and Will leaves. A coincidence? I think not.
>
> :D
>
> David

LMAO!

I was thinking, as I looked through the unbelievable amount of spam
and the incredible paucity of worthwhile threads, that I had caused
the utter destruction of mfw by returning; I'm quite relieved to know
I'm only responsible for Will's leaving.

Of course neither Pete nor Keith have posted since I exchanged
greetings with them last week either, so maybe I've run off two more.
Who's next? I'm on a roll.
ps

Hobbes
August 10th 07, 05:51 PM
In article om>,
wrote:

> On Aug 9, 7:43 pm, David Cohen > wrote:
> > On Aug 9, 8:29 am, JMW > wrote:
> >
> > > Of course, this post will elicit interminable screeds from all three,
> > > none of which will be read by anyone of importance.
> >
> > It's all that "ps" guy's fault! He shows back up after a long absense,
> > and Will leaves. A coincidence? I think not.
> >
> > :D
> >
> > David
>
> LMAO!
>
> I was thinking, as I looked through the unbelievable amount of spam
> and the incredible paucity of worthwhile threads, that I had caused
> the utter destruction of mfw by returning; I'm quite relieved to know
> I'm only responsible for Will's leaving.
>
> Of course neither Pete nor Keith have posted since I exchanged
> greetings with them last week either, so maybe I've run off two more.
> Who's next? I'm on a roll.
> ps

Sadly, there really isn't a lot of interesting threads going on right
now. I'm more into strength and power training for athletes and most of
the somewhat ontopic posts deal with:

a. newbies
b. bodybuilding

Neither of which I give a rap about.

So I'm not posting much.

I do miss some of the old regulars who have been run off. Where are Lyle
and Elzi when you want a good ol' knock-down drag out cite war? Visual
inputs to motor control? Pahh!

--
Keith

August 10th 07, 06:00 PM
On Aug 10, 8:51 pm, Hobbes > wrote:

> > Of course neither Pete nor Keith have posted since I exchanged
> > greetings with them last week either, so maybe I've run off two more.
> > Who's next? I'm on a roll.
> > ps
>
> Sadly, there really isn't a lot of interesting threads going on right

Yeah, it is sad.

> now. I'm more into strength and power training for athletes

How's that going for you? Are you still working with Viola?
ps

Hobbes
August 10th 07, 06:14 PM
In article . com>,
wrote:

> On Aug 10, 8:51 pm, Hobbes > wrote:
>
> > > Of course neither Pete nor Keith have posted since I exchanged
> > > greetings with them last week either, so maybe I've run off two more.
> > > Who's next? I'm on a roll.
> > > ps
> >
> > Sadly, there really isn't a lot of interesting threads going on right
>
> Yeah, it is sad.
>
> > now. I'm more into strength and power training for athletes
>
> How's that going for you? Are you still working with Viola?
> ps

Viola retired, sadly. I guess she didn't want to make the sacrifices
anymore.

I'm buckling down at school - I'm 7 classes from my degree and hope to
have it done in two years. Then I'm hoping to get my masters at UVic on
the west coast. Maybe settle down on Vancouver Island somewhere. So
right now I'm not working with any athletes in particular, just helping
out in the gym with hockey, wrestling and track (pole vaulters) mostly.

Next year I have to write a paper for my honours thesis and I'm looking
at things like adaptation at a spinal reflex level during ballistic or
power movement. I haven't really finalized yet, but as you can tell I'm
getting into a fairly tightly defined area of research.

--
Keith

Hard Bop Drums
August 10th 07, 06:32 PM
"JMW" > wrote in message
> "Hard Bop Drums" > wrote:
>>
>>Steve,
>>You are wasting your time with this troll. He is very much like the
>>"infamous" Neal Fabian who used to post here. They talk a lot of smack,
>>but
>>NEVER will allow anyone to know their real name nor verify any of their
>>bull**** claims.
>
> Actually, I finally got a response to my "Who Is Neal Fabian?"
> inquiry. I came from someone who knew him fairly well. Very
> interesting stuff.
>
> Oddly enough, one of the few truthful things is the name. He really
> is Neal Fabian. But this person confirmed a lot things of which I was
> already fairly sure, including his age: he'll turn 70 in few months.

John,
Is your source 100%? We knew this guy was a whack job and that those photos
were of someone who was no spring chicken, but do you recall how he tried to
rationalize his use of the old Mike Dayton photo? I'm not that old, but I
started reading the old Ironman, S&H, MD, Muscle Power and builder in the
early 70s, even before I started to train, so I remember Dayton, Dale
Adrian, Dave Johns etc. I still remember seeing the 72 Olympia on Wide World
of Sports at age 10 and not understanding how Arnold beat Sergio. To this
day, I think Arnold looked his best at the 74 Olympia. forgive me if my
typing is a bit off as my right hand has been in a cast for 3 weeks. I'll
have to plead the 5th on how it happened, but I broke the 5th Metacarpal on
my right hand. It's called a "Boxer's Fracture." You have no idea how much I
would love to tell the story, but let's just say that I ran into someone
whom my trolls like to talk about for round 2. I broke my hand, but this
cheating coward went to sleep. ;-) You can e mail me for the details. ;-)

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

JMW
August 10th 07, 06:33 PM
DZ > wrote:

>Pete > wrote:
>> And you are Chinese, too.
>
>Also consider this: I was born AND raised in
>Inner Mongolia.

But you still look suspiciously like a Chechen separatist.

Steve Freides
August 10th 07, 07:18 PM
"DZ" > wrote in message
. ..
> Pete > wrote:
>> And you are Chinese, too.
>
> Stick to calling out on Slavo-Mongolian mugs (but I'm quite adept in
> that too). *I* am Chinese. The simplest test is to ask an allegedly
> Chinese person to say "statistical method". It has to come out as
> "satatisitical mesoR". Also consider this: I was born AND raised in
> Inner Mongolia. I am a proud member of the Chinese Statistical
> Association. I walk as if I have a bag of vegetables on my head, and
> with each step I shuffle my feet about as if I'm wearing my bunny
> slippers (they are quite gorgeous actually). Last but not least, like
> all other Chinese I know, I have an advanced mathematical degree.

Born + raised != ethnicity.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Steve Freides
August 10th 07, 07:19 PM
"Steve Freides" > wrote in message
> "DZ" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Pete > wrote:
>>> And you are Chinese, too.
>>
>> Stick to calling out on Slavo-Mongolian mugs (but I'm quite adept in
>> that too). *I* am Chinese. The simplest test is to ask an allegedly
>> Chinese person to say "statistical method". It has to come out as
>> "satatisitical mesoR". Also consider this: I was born AND raised in
>> Inner Mongolia. I am a proud member of the Chinese Statistical
>> Association. I walk as if I have a bag of vegetables on my head, and
>> with each step I shuffle my feet about as if I'm wearing my bunny
>> slippers (they are quite gorgeous actually). Last but not least, like
>> all other Chinese I know, I have an advanced mathematical degree.
>
> Born + raised != ethnicity.

I know you know that, I just couldn't resist writing it here. <sheepish
grin>

> -S-
> http://www.kbnj.com

Curt
August 10th 07, 08:33 PM
JMW wrote:
[...]

> <snip> I finally got a response to my "Who Is Neal Fabian?"
> inquiry. I came from someone who knew him fairly well. Very
> interesting stuff.
>
> Oddly enough, one of the few truthful things is the name. He really
> is Neal Fabian. But this person confirmed a lot things of which I was
> already fairly sure, including his age: he'll turn 70 in few months.

Thank God you picked this moment to grace MFW with your poke-with-a-
sharp-stick presence. I can't imagine what life would be like without
this breaking Neal Fabian news. I'm sure Neal feels absolutely shocked
that you have been able to determine that Neal Fabian is his REAL
NAME! Awesome skills there, John.

Likewise discovering his age. So glad you were able to confirm this
information. Kudos! Kudos! Yes, kudos to you.

--
Curt

Curt
August 10th 07, 08:39 PM
Will Brink wrote:
> Hello all.

All! A post which obviously therefore includes yours truly. I am
redeemed. I am validated. I am finally recognized by the 5'6" wonder,
Mr. Man Boobs himself, THE Will Brink. Huzzah!

> A note to let you know I have officially removed MFW from my
> list of groups I visit regularly.

Cool.

-=snip the self-praising bio and "MFW is passé" tale of gloom, doom,
and woe=-

Don't let the door hitya where the good Lord splitya. ;o)

--
Curt

Curt
August 10th 07, 08:51 PM
Robert Schuh aka "Hard Bop Drums" wrote:
[...]

> <snip> I will put up $10,000.00

How? You have ten grand liquid? Just waiting to present to an
impartial, unbiased, somethingsomething representative? I doubt that.

> that I look better

And just who will be the judge of this claim? This ambiguous "that I
look better"-edness, hmm? As much as you complain about anonymous this
and spam that, I smell bullsh!t with this proposal. Ymmv.

> and can handle more weight than any of these
> clowns

Oh, those dastardly clowns again! How they vex you. ;o)

> at age 45 and having a kidney transplant. ANYONE in
> MFW who comes to Phoenix is invited to the gym with
> me to verify any of it. ;-)

Ho, ho, ho! An invitation to visit the gym with 'bert. How could
anyone pass up that action? I've been to Phoenix before and imagine I
could get there again, so perhaps I'll test this one day.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that involve some parameter-
setting? I mean how do you define "can handle more weight than any of
these clowns"? Would that be in a specific lift or in a series of
lifts? Just the bench or leg press or some other definition? Max
singles or number of reps with a certain weight in a certain exercise?
Lots of gray area here, imo.

> BTW, I looked FAR better in my "youth,"

Better than you do currently is what you're saying, right?

[...]

--
Curt

Curt
August 10th 07, 08:53 PM
"Hard Bop Drums" wrote:
[...]

> I would love to get that fat little **** under the squat
> rack! :-)

Sorry, someone's doing curls.

--
Curt

Curt
August 10th 07, 09:03 PM
JMW wrote:
[...]

-=snip=-

> You'll do nothing of the sort. You're a bull****ting loser who will
> never post photos, never post videos, never enter a powerlifting meet,
> and never do anything that might destroy your phony Usenet persona.

Bull****ting loser, huh?

Phony Usenet persona, you say?

Let's you and me discuss *your* phony Usenet persona, Johnny.

May I remind you, John M. Williams, that I'm still waiting on an email
with your address and phone number. After all, you were the one who
invited me to visit *and* to call.

See:

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.fitness.weights/msg/7e8871f96c435ccc
aka http://tinyurl.com/325phz

I requested both address and phone contact but have received neither
as of this post. Even suggested that an attorney and a school teacher
face-off could serve as a successful fund raiser in the form of a
charity tournament.

IS YOUR KILL FILE WORKING, JOHN? IZZAT WHY YOU HAVEN'T REPLIED?

--
Curt

Curt
August 10th 07, 09:08 PM
d wells wrote:
[...]

> (BTW, there would be no nipple shots in either movie. <snip>

Tragic.

Lord knows Will's got the boobs for it.

--
Curt

Curt
August 10th 07, 09:33 PM
JMW wrote:
> d wells wrote:
>
> >I recognize that I may have been one of the troll-responders Will
> >referred to. Though, really, it was only one troll. And was he really
> >a troll by the strictest definition?
>
> Strictest definition? We no longer have any old-style classic trolls,
> the type who would come into a newsgroup and skillfully post something
> designed to create maximum controversy without being too obvious.
>
> What's left? Well, the type of "troll" you now see tends to be
> someone who originally entered the newsgroup with great hopes. In
> general, they tend to be attention whores who came here with great
> hopes of becoming popular and beloved by everyone, and maybe, a bit of
> an expert. They didn't get the reception they were hoping for, at
> least not for long, and like most attention whores, that made them
> angry. But instead of stomping away, they decide to stay and make
> things as miserable as possible for those who they believe have
> slighted them.
[...]

> Curt James?

Present.

> He may occasionally post some bodybuilder fanboy messages

Occasionally? Hey, I've been busy!

> or Google some link on a subject

Google? What's that?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/RAB/captgoogle.jpg

> that he really doesn't understand,

WHAT? COULD YOU EXPLAIN THAT, PLEASE? WHAAAT? ME REALLY DOESN'T
UNDERSTAND.

> but for the most part, he's pretty much the same.

The same? The same as your description above? Hmmm.

[X] originally entered the newsgroup with great hopes

I'm a hopeful guy.

[X] attention whores

What's wrong with a little attention? Like YOU don't enjoy attention?
HAAAWWW!

[X] great hopes of becoming popular and

Oh, you're right. What's an antonym for popular?

(Googles)

Duh.

Unpopular is so much cooler.

[X] beloved by everyone

I'm your beloved. Come on, show of hands!

[X] and maybe, a bit of an expert

heh

I'd say I was an unintentional expert at getting on your little troll
list.

You're familiar with The Watchmen. "WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN" ring any
bells, John? Well, I ask you, who pays attention to the attention
whores? ;o)

http://www.rustyiron.net/trollist.htm

That'd be you, imo. Self-fulfilling prophecy much? Naaah.

[X] angry

Iraq, Afghanistan, world opinion of the U.S., health care, Blockbuster
Online raising their rates. Hey, there's much to be angry about.

[X] decide to stay and make things as miserable as possible for those
who they believe have slighted them

Wait! Let me uncheck that one as it seems to apply to you moreso than
yours truly. An opinion!

re someone else

> <snip> it only took him a few months to show his true
> colors, and now he's in it for revenge, too.

Ha!

I think I may have figured you out, John. You've mentioned that you're
a comic book fan. I am, too, fwiw. But you apparently have confused
the line between real life and four-color fiction. Maybe you could
write for Marvel, DC, or Dark Horse part-time.

"AND NOW HE'S IN IT FOR REVENGE, TOO!!!!!"

John, if there's a troll here, it's you, bud.

--
Curt

Curt
August 10th 07, 09:40 PM
"Hard Bop Drums" wrote:
[...]

> <snip> I broke my hand, but this cheating coward
> went to sleep. ;-) You can e mail me for the details. ;-)

You broke. Your. Hand.

*There*'s one for the win column.

Yes, the prep school genius strikes again.

--
Curt

Steve Freides
August 10th 07, 10:06 PM
"DZ" > wrote in message
> JMW > wrote:
>> DZ wrote:
>>>
>>> Also consider this: I was born AND raised in Inner Mongolia.
>>
>> But you still look suspiciously like a Chechen separatist.
>
> I'm taking steps to dilute my vigorous genes in the next generation.
> http://picasaweb.google.com/sc13nc3d/UntitledAlbum/photo#5097148336832519810

Mazel Tov! How old?

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Charles
August 10th 07, 10:12 PM
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:14:46 -0600, Hobbes >
wrote:

>In article . com>,
> wrote:

>> > Sadly, there really isn't a lot of interesting threads going on right
>>
>> Yeah, it is sad.
>>
>> > now. I'm more into strength and power training for athletes
>>
>> How's that going for you? Are you still working with Viola?
>> ps
>>

>Viola retired, sadly. I guess she didn't want to make the sacrifices
>anymore.
>
>I'm buckling down at school - I'm 7 classes from my degree and hope to
>have it done in two years. Then I'm hoping to get my masters at UVic on
>the west coast. Maybe settle down on Vancouver Island somewhere. So
>right now I'm not working with any athletes in particular, just helping
>out in the gym with hockey, wrestling and track (pole vaulters) mostly.

I think you'll find that pole vault is a field event!

No rugby this season Keith?

Have a great weekend old friend - you know I intend to! ;o)

TFIF!

Hobbes
August 10th 07, 10:47 PM
In article >,
Charles > wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:14:46 -0600, Hobbes >
> wrote:
>
> >In article . com>,
> > wrote:

> >> Yeah, it is sad.

> >> How's that going for you? Are you still working with Viola?
> >> ps
> >>

> >Viola retired, sadly. I guess she didn't want to make the sacrifices
> >anymore.
> >
> >I'm buckling down at school - I'm 7 classes from my degree and hope to
> >have it done in two years. Then I'm hoping to get my masters at UVic on
> >the west coast. Maybe settle down on Vancouver Island somewhere. So
> >right now I'm not working with any athletes in particular, just helping
> >out in the gym with hockey, wrestling and track (pole vaulters) mostly.
>
> I think you'll find that pole vault is a field event!
>
> No rugby this season Keith?

Sheesh. Two shoulder separations in one year and I figured that was
enough. So, no. Sticking to baseball and watching my son play the
dastardly game. And he just broke his ankle.

--
Keith

ranieri
August 11th 07, 01:53 AM
"Hobbes" > wrote in message

> I'm buckling down at school - I'm 7 classes from my degree and hope to
> have it done in two years. Then I'm hoping to get my masters at UVic on
> the west coast. Maybe settle down on Vancouver Island somewhere. So
> right now I'm not working with any athletes in particular, just helping
> out in the gym with hockey, wrestling and track (pole vaulters) mostly.

Ah, pole vaulting, a subject near to my heart. My daughter (hs sophomore)
just started bending this summer and is hitting 10'6" in practice. I've put
together a program for her as follows: (at her request)

Tues:
Squat
Inc. BP
Dead
Pullups/ Bubka drill
Abs

Fri:
Inc BP
Cable rows
Full Clean
Pullups / Bubka drill
Abs

Basically going from 2 sets of 10 to 3x3 while increasing weight each week
from 65% to 95%
Sprint work Wed and Sunday
(combo low incline hill work, endurance sprints and overspeed)

Not doing any plyo type stuff. After 8 weeks of decreasing volume and
increasing intensity, we'll take a little time off and spend 4-6 weeks on
oly lifts and Bubka drills. Next oppourtunity for actual vaulting will be
in Dec. and indoor starts in late Jan.

Whaddya think? Right track?

JMW
August 11th 07, 07:06 AM
DZ > wrote:
>JMW > wrote:
>> DZ wrote:
>>>
>>> Also consider this: I was born AND raised in Inner Mongolia.
>>
>> But you still look suspiciously like a Chechen separatist.
>
>I'm taking steps to dilute my vigorous genes in the next generation.
>http://picasaweb.google.com/sc13nc3d/UntitledAlbum/photo#5097148336832519810

Do I see red hair?

Uncle Bob[_2_]
August 11th 07, 11:49 AM
"Hard Bop Drums" > schreef:

> Adrian, Dave Johns etc.

Dave Johns. One the first "big" guys...

> I still remember seeing the 72 Olympia on Wide World of Sports at age 10
> and not understanding how Arnold beat Sergio.

Arnold ****ed with his mind. Again. And manipulated the light.
And gave Sergio a free sample of a totally New & Improved oil.

It has nothing to do with the fact that Joe could sell more protein powder
with Arnold in the ads instead of Sergio, a black dude who had the
appearance of a pimp. You know, fur-coat, big chains and nut sized rings.
Nah.

I forgot the cite. But goold old Joe admited certain things at one time.t

> To this day, I think Arnold looked his best at the 74 Olympia. forgive me
> if my typing is a bit off as my right hand has been in a cast for 3 weeks.
> I'll have to plead the 5th on how it happened, but I broke the 5th
> Metacarpal on my right hand. It's called a "Boxer's Fracture." You have no
> idea how much I would love to tell the story, but let's just say that I
> ran into someone whom my trolls like to talk about for round 2. I broke my
> hand, but this cheating coward went to sleep. ;-) You can e mail me for
> the details. ;-)

You were trying to cheat again in Vegas, werent you?

Dont get mad. Just kidding Rob...

--
Uncle Bob

Curt
August 11th 07, 02:58 PM
Pete wrote:
[...]

> Dave Johns. One the first "big" guys...

And one of the first bodybuilders I heard of dying at an early age.
Johns was the 1977 AAU Mr. America (overall and medium height class)
and mentioned eating dozens of raw eggs as reported in Bob Hoffman's
Muscular Development magazine.

1977 Mr. America trivia: Manny Perry placed first in the tall class.
Perry's name can be seen in quite a few movie credits to this day:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0675189/

Dave Johns stacked up well against fellow 1978 NABBA Mr. Universe
winner, Bertil Fox. Johns notched the amateur title that year (besting
a massive yet cut Casey Viator) while Fox garnered the pro win.

http://www.musclememory.com/magCovers/hs/hs10706.jpg

Johns died July 26, 1986. More than 20 years ago. Just shy of 41 years
of age.

(Googles)

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_10_23/ai_n15894917 aka
http://tinyurl.com/2n2skr

TEN years! Good grief.

re Arnold and Sergio at the '72 Olympia

> Arnold ****ed with his mind. Again. And manipulated the light.
> And gave Sergio a free sample of a totally New & Improved oil.

And stole his t-shirt. THAT was the clincher. (Everyone thinks Waller
originated that, but nooooooo! It was Arnold. And Arnold took Sergio's
crusher, too!)

> It has nothing to do with the fact that Joe could sell more protein powder
> with Arnold in the ads instead of Sergio, a black dude who had the
> appearance of a pimp. You know, fur-coat, big chains and nut sized rings.
> Nah.

Naaah.

> I forgot the cite. But goold old Joe admited certain things at one time.t

Damn you, Uncle Bob! How can you say post that and not offer more
info? Damn you! ;o)

Greg Merritt, writing in the February 2006 issue of Flex magazine,
wrote that Sergio, "was in the shape of his life for the fourth and
final epic battle of the titans: the 1972 Mr. Olympia. Schwarzenegger
emerged victorious, although fans continue to debate the results. Did
the decision have more to do with politics and skin color than mass
and cuts?"

[...]

--
Curt

Steve the Geek
August 11th 07, 03:22 PM
Prisoner at War wrote:
> On Aug 9, 1:02 pm, "Steve Freides" > wrote:
>>Care to [post your progress pictures]?
> Like I said elsewhere, I'll be posting pics up somewhere soon. As a
> matter of fact, I'll do it this very weekend! Thanks for the
> motivation. I was looking for a way -- JavaScript perhaps -- to
> disable right-clicking on my photos

Save the effort of 'protecting' the pictures. I seriously doubt anyone's
THAT interested in stealing them. And if they are, getting around 'no
right click' is a trivial exercise.

> But of course you conveniently miss the point of my remarks: this
> newsgroup can do with more real athletes and less self-styled experts

But the price of the advice is right! ;-)

--
I have nothing at all against well-trained, knowledgeable Indian
technical support. I hope to speak to one before I retire. --JW, ASR

Curt
August 11th 07, 03:36 PM
Steve the Geek wrote:

re protecting pictures

> I seriously doubt anyone's THAT interested in stealing
> them. And if they are, getting around 'no right click' is
> a trivial exercise.

Alt-Print Screen.

> > But of course you conveniently miss the point of my
> > remarks: this newsgroup can do with more real athletes

Where IS Dally, btw?

> > and less self-styled experts

--
Curt

Hard Bop Drums
August 11th 07, 06:40 PM
"Uncle Bob" > wrote in message
> "Hard Bop Drums" > schreef:
>
>> Adrian, Dave Johns etc.
>
> Dave Johns. One the first "big" guys...
>
>> I still remember seeing the 72 Olympia on Wide World of Sports at age 10
>> and not understanding how Arnold beat Sergio.
>
> Arnold ****ed with his mind. Again. And manipulated the light.
> And gave Sergio a free sample of a totally New & Improved oil.
>
> It has nothing to do with the fact that Joe could sell more protein powder
> with Arnold in the ads instead of Sergio, a black dude who had the
> appearance of a pimp. You know, fur-coat, big chains and nut sized rings.
> Nah.
>
> I forgot the cite. But goold old Joe admited certain things at one time.t
>
>> To this day, I think Arnold looked his best at the 74 Olympia. forgive
>> me if my typing is a bit off as my right hand has been in a cast for 3
>> weeks. I'll have to plead the 5th on how it happened, but I broke the 5th
>> Metacarpal on my right hand. It's called a "Boxer's Fracture." You have
>> no idea how much I would love to tell the story, but let's just say that
>> I ran into someone whom my trolls like to talk about for round 2. I broke
>> my hand, but this cheating coward went to sleep. ;-) You can e mail me
>> for the details. ;-)
>
> You were trying to cheat again in Vegas, werent you?
>
> Dont get mad. Just kidding Rob...
>
> --
> Uncle Bob

No problem here. ;-) That is one vice I don't get at all. I guess I'm just
too poor to want to toss my $ away! :-)

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Steve Freides
August 11th 07, 07:13 PM
"DZ" > wrote in message
. ..
> JMW > wrote:
>> DZ wrote:

>>>I'm taking steps to dilute my vigorous genes in the next generation.
>>>http://picasaweb.google.com/sc13nc3d/UntitledAlbum/photo#5097148336832519810
>>
>> Do I see red hair?
>
> It's just light color like his mother's and like a Russian would have,
> but not red.

Many kids have lighter colored hair early on. Sometimes most of it
seems to fall out (you can't make this stuff up) and then come back in a
darker color, sometimes what's there seems to stay but get darker after
the first few years, e.g., many a kid who everyone thought had blond
hair ends up being a brunette.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Prisoner at War
August 12th 07, 02:46 PM
On Aug 10, 4:15 am, "Pete" > wrote:

> Right...

Army infantry is all about endurance and all-day workouts -- and I
wasn't even in an elite outfit! That's where I got my notion of
Physical Training: Army P.T.!

> Sure...
>
> A 20 second set followed by 5 seconds rest.
>
> Right.

I don't know why it's so important to you personally, but if it makes
you feel better, don't believe me. My honor is my honesty, and I know
what I need to know for myself. I'll be benching 315 soon enough and
making progress towards 405 while you unhappy lot are still bitching
over why no one talks training in this newsgroup!

> And now you dont even get along with Freides.

What makes you think I "don't get along with" Steve?

Oh, I get it, on MFW, you either agree with everything someone says
and "get along with" him or you disagree and you "don't get along."

> Haha!

Tsk, tsk...Cervantes comes to mind: if the dogs are barking, I must be
galloping!

> --
> Pete

Prisoner at War
August 12th 07, 02:53 PM
On Aug 10, 4:06 am, Charles > wrote:
> [...]
> have relentlessly refused to be cowed by you have spoiled the Group
> irrevocably.
>
> You have always been the problem in this Group John Williams, and even
> your so-called friends have drawn your repeatedly hostile and
> confrontational posturing to your attention on many occasions.
>
> You are a fat old fraud John Williams and if you are indicating by
> increasingly drawing me into your "pointy stick" contributions, while
> attempting as usual to drum up support for your one-sided account of
> what has taken place here, then I am more than willing to take up the
> cudgels again and give you another good arse kicking.
>
> You want some sport john boy? I'm up for it old chap - have no doubts
> about that. By the way, how *is* Annaclaire?!!
>
> Have a great weekend you slimy old bugger - you know I intend to!! ;o)

Wow, when did johnny boi get his great MFW smack-down? Seriously; I
don't want to search through the mounds of b.s. he's posted over the
years; what year was it that johnny got his atomic wedgie??

Prisoner at War
August 12th 07, 04:03 PM
On Aug 10, 4:07 am, "Pete" > wrote:

> How do little children know that what their teacher tell them is true?
> Or their parents?
>
> They dont.

Indeed, they're just lemmings, they just follow along -- so how does
Steve know Brink knows if Steve doesn't know the stuff himself? It
takes one to know one.

> They wil find out, usually the hard way, about 10-15 years later.

Actually, no; the parents and teachers just get wiser, finally!

> Was he ever nasty to you?

Who, Brink?

Are you kidding??

> Than why post here?
>
> Go to a real "manly" group.
>
> You are obviously to maculine to post here.

You're assuming that I should leave the group to the likes of you.
Why do that? I'm a man, I can do whatever I want. This group is
sometimes interesting despite little girls like you complaining,
complaining, complaining. Of course, being an adult, I can choose
where I focus my attention. I suggest you exercise the same faculty,
for a bit of happy newsreading.

> But why?
> Really. I would like to know.

I've already outlined my reasons. If you want to have one of your
silly little Superman-versus-Spiderman arguments, e-mail brink or jmw
or bub schuh directly.

> I can assure you that Will is the last person here who needs a hobby.

You can assure me of this?? What are you, his lawyer? Or is he just
a "hobby" of yours??

> You are too stupid to realize that with Will gone, there are not even a
> handfull of people left here with certain knowledge. And YOU dont seem to
> get along with one of them.

What's this about getting along? Are you a little girl, or an old
woman??

If someone wants to chat on bodybuilding topics, let them do so. If
they don't want to, no one's forcing them. What else is there that
you must have? That we all speak Dutch and like pink shorts??

> Mind you, i am not one of them.

But even in your ignorance you recognize them for being experts, eh?

****ing loon!!

> The only thing i know about nutrtion is that if you dont grow while you eat
> one hamburger/day, you probably need two or three. And some fries and
> milkshake to go with that.

No, self-deprecation isn't cute, especially when it's lame.

> Will is not a wannabee. Wether you believe that or not is up to you.

I don't see why you should care what I believe. Man, give it up
already!!

> It is now.

So go start a moderated group -- misc.fitness.brink.unified-theory-
nutrition.moderated -- or **** off like him! Really, you're making it
sound like I charged you several hundred euros here for something.

> We are not forcing you to like him, but suppose someone needs to fine-tune
> his diet and/or training, who should they ask?
>
> You?

Certainly. I'll tell 'em what worked for me. Because in the end,
that's all anyone here has to offer: OPINIONS. You morons fight tooth
and nail over this cite and that cite when, frankly, unless you people
know your Statistics (T-Test? ANOVA? Chi-Square? And that's just
101 stuff), you're not qualified to evaluate these research studies.

Stupid, silly morons.

> No offense, but you are too stupid to answer complicated questions about
> training/diet.
>
> Really, no offense.

Considering the source of such remarks, why should I be offended? I'm
much amused: if the dogs are barking, I must be galloping!

> JMW isnt. Wether you like him or not, is up to you.

What's this about liking people? You no-lifes are really pitiful,
that your biggest concern here is whether people like each other.
Seriously, you are some really shallow people here! I'll listen to
someone like the Head of Kinesology at Texas University, who published
"Nutrient Timing"...but jmw? brink?? schuh???

You pitiful, pitiful boys!!

> For the record, and the LAST time...
>
> Roberts health problems are not steroid related. And he also has more
> knowledge than you.
> And not just anout steroids

Schuh's problems are steroids-related. You only play a doctor on
usenet, idiot.

Listen, all anyone here has is OPINIONS. You want to think yours more
important for whatever reason, that's cool -- that's still just your
OPINION of your OPINIONS. Get over it already.

> Yeah, so ?!?!?!
> Consider yourself LUCKY that YOU are not! I do.
>
> Ari knows a lot more about human anotomy and training than you.
>
> You're a moron with no concept of biomechanics.

Hey, relax, I'm sure they don't need you to defend them -- not that I
was attacking them, either; just stating the obvious: this newsgroup
has got a lot of druggies and wimps who pour their passions here,
which is why there's all this melodrama instead of talk about
training.

So, again, **** off if you don't like what you read from me. Really,
it's a 100% money-back guarantee I offer, for the life of the post,
any post, no questions asked. You don't even have to return it! Just
donate it to charity. I don't know what else you want, but may I
suggest jmw's anus for all your future nutritional supplement needs
and training-related advice!

> If i was in doubt about wether or not the teres muscles were hit harder
> doing wide grip pulldowns instead of narrow grips or rows, i would probably
> ask him, NOT you!

And that's all right, friend! You make it sound like I'm twisting
your arm over my statements or something. I just lift weights for my
own pleasure; I comment occasionally, or ask questions, or give
advice; if you don't like what you read, go poke your eyes out. =)

> No offense, but You're a moron with no concept of biomechanics.

Unless you're God, or one of the angels who helped design Adam 1.1 --
or maybe an M.D., even -- you really don't "know" either. So it's
laughable you keep bringing it up, just like a little girl at the
playground arguing over chickens and eggs.

I know what works for me. I know I'm benching 295, heading back to
315, with a good feeling for reaching 405 this time next year. I know
that my triceps are what get sore, if anything gets sore at all, from
such lifts. I know what works for me. You want to argue and then get
upset, well...ask your mommy to undo your wedgie!

> And you are Chinese, too.

Well, we can't all be smurfs; gotta leave something for the Dutch to
claim!

> And you dont seem to get along with Ari, Will, Robert and JMW.
> You even had a bad attitude towards Om.

I don't have a bad attitude towards him. He has a bad attitude
towards me. I simply asked a question about insulin, and he's ****ed
off I didn't google it first. So **** him. Like I need his
permission to come here and post!

I never attacked anyone first. For whatever reason -- and of course,
they all have their impeccably valid reasons, of course -- they've
decided to attack most any post of mine. And you know what? That's
cool; if that's how they choose to spend their time on MFW --
attacking "trolls" and "idiots" like me instead of discussing training
issues like they bemoan the newsgroup to lack -- hey, it's a free
country. I can't imagine spending my free time like that,
cyberstalking people and posting lame personal attacks, but I guess I
help get their blood pressure up or something, so that's cool.

Honestly, Petey ol' boy, it's okay, trust me, it's all right. Don't
worry!

> No, we just pretend.

Sure seems like it. You wouldn't have half the energy for b.s. posts
like this all the time if you really worked to total muscle failure
like I do!

> Never judge someone solely by the the contents of the posts here.
>
> You might be in for a surprise.

So why do you judge my posts that way?

Oh, right, it's the usual MFW b.s. -- you say one thing and do
another.

> This is probably the last time i respond to you. No, no, i wont put you in
> my kill-file!
> Your comments about training are too amusing!
>
> If you have actually something intelligent to say, i will respond.

Aw, Pete...you're such a good sport; thanks for playing!

> --
> Pete

Curt
August 12th 07, 05:30 PM
Prisoner at War wrote:
[...]

> You're assuming that I should leave the group to the likes of you.

Holy crap. How can you not like Pete? It's like being disagreeable
with Hobbes or DZ. Pete has the knowledge, humor, and generous
temperament that makes reading this newsgroup enjoyable.

[...]

> If someone wants to chat on bodybuilding topics, let them do so.

Good. Let me begin by suggesting you all visit http://www.johannadejager.com/
for a start.

Bull****. I say forcing them is an option!

> What else is there that you must have?

Well, Kim Basinger's phone number would be nice. Oh, you meant Pete.
Never mind.

> That we all speak Dutch

En uitstekende taal!

> and like pink shorts??

http://www.finalstar.com/hayden/hayden00013.jpg

Worse things could happen!

re Pete's comment: "needs to fine-tune his diet and/or training, who
should they ask?"

Uh, Pete? Just as I wouldn't expect you'd feel comfortable asking me
about gaining mass, I don't see how anyone can feel comfortable asking
Will for info on training or diet. Yeah, yeah. An ignorant position at
best, but wouldn't most people want their information presented by
someone who LOOKS LIKE their information has done them some good?

Brink, fwiw and imo, does not look like anything like a bodybuilder or
even especially like an athlete.

I'd visit http://ronharrismuscle.com/ for information on fine-tuning
my diet and/or training. He's got the physique to go along with the
writing credits and industry experience. He's Brink, but with muscles
(and a hella hot wife in the Cuban Missle, too).

And, hey, if you really must have a dose of Brink then there's always
his web site. I mean, really, most of what Brink posted to MFW
amounted to - like his MuscleMag articles - copy and paste.

[...]

> Schuh's problems are steroids-related.

Doubtful. Schuh, like (but less so, obviously) Mike Mentzer, got swung
at by the double-edged sword of genetics, imo. (Opinion as in guess.)
He was blessed by genetics with his bone structure and ability to gain
muscle, but then cursed by genetics with his kidneys engaging in
mutiny. "AAAAR!!!! Polly want FSGS?"

Ouch.

Anyway, Mentzer's problems (and blessings) were from the womb and not
steroids-related. I suspect Schuh could say the same.

[...]

> <snip> this newsgroup has got a lot of <snip> wimps
> who pour their passions here<snip>

You say that like it's a bad thing. ;o)

[...]

Congrats on the 295. Best of luck with six plates.

--
Curt

Tom Anderson
August 12th 07, 06:42 PM
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, DZ wrote:

> JMW > wrote:
>> DZ wrote:
>>>
>>> Also consider this: I was born AND raised in Inner Mongolia.
>>
>> But you still look suspiciously like a Chechen separatist.
>
> I'm taking steps to dilute my vigorous genes in the next generation.
> http://picasaweb.google.com/sc13nc3d/UntitledAlbum/photo#5097148336832519810

Innovative way to do weighted pullups there! You're going the classical
Milo of Croton route, i see ...

tom

--
My goal wasn't to make a ton of money. It was to build good computers. --
Woz

Prisoner at War
August 13th 07, 03:38 AM
On Aug 12, 12:30 pm, Curt > wrote:

> Holy crap. How can you not like Pete? It's like being disagreeable
> with Hobbes or DZ. Pete has the knowledge, humor, and generous
> temperament that makes reading this newsgroup enjoyable.

I didn't say I don't like Pete. When I said "leave this newsgroup to
the likes of you" I made that comment in the context of his standards
over what constitutes a worthy post for the newsgroup -- IOW, why
should I refrain from posting because people like him have a problem
with my posts?

I don't have a problem with people, they have a problem with me --
which is their problem!

> Good. Let me begin by suggesting you all visithttp://www.johannadejager.com/
> for a start.

I for one am not trying to look like Ms. Olympia, thank you very
much. Then again, it seems that she's trying to look like Mr.
Olympia! I wonder what female bodybuilders look like in person...in
photos, they look rather like men!

> Bull****. I say forcing them is an option!

Well, the way jmw and schuh follow me around, it does seem like
something's forcing them to!

> Well, Kim Basinger's phone number would be nice. Oh, you meant Pete.
> Never mind.

Hey, you can always get friendly with her daughter, you know. Then
again, yeah, just go for the daughter while you're at it!

> En uitstekende taal!

Die Niederlande sind nur ein anderes Landstaat Deutschlands.

> http://www.finalstar.com/hayden/hayden00013.jpg

I'm not even going to click it; I've got a bad feeling I might go
blind....

> Worse things could happen!
>
> re Pete's comment: "needs to fine-tune his diet and/or training, who
> should they ask?"
>
> Uh, Pete? Just as I wouldn't expect you'd feel comfortable asking me
> about gaining mass, I don't see how anyone can feel comfortable asking
> Will for info on training or diet. Yeah, yeah. An ignorant position at
> best, but wouldn't most people want their information presented by
> someone who LOOKS LIKE their information has done them some good?
>
> Brink, fwiw and imo, does not look like anything like a bodybuilder or
> even especially like an athlete.
>
> I'd visithttp://ronharrismuscle.com/for information on fine-tuning
> my diet and/or training. He's got the physique to go along with the
> writing credits and industry experience. He's Brink, but with muscles
> (and a hella hot wife in the Cuban Missle, too).
>
> And, hey, if you really must have a dose of Brink then there's always
> his web site. I mean, really, most of what Brink posted to MFW
> amounted to - like his MuscleMag articles - copy and paste.

I don't know what's more hilarious, brink thinking he's all that or
Pete and company agreeing that he's really all that! Absolutely
amazing how human psychology works, eh? I think willy ought to give
up the cut-n-paste and focus on his own line of supplements instead!

> Doubtful. Schuh, like (but less so, obviously) Mike Mentzer, got swung
> at by the double-edged sword of genetics, imo. (Opinion as in guess.)
> He was blessed by genetics with his bone structure and ability to gain
> muscle, but then cursed by genetics with his kidneys engaging in
> mutiny. "AAAAR!!!! Polly want FSGS?"

Um, steroids mess up your liver, don't they? So what if he's got a
congenital liver condition; steroids would mess up his liver anyway --
just the more fool him to mess with it at all!

I have a Mike Mentzer DVD from bodybuilding.com, and I was shocked to
see him smoke and smoke and smoke every chance he got, it seems. He's
an old fart by now, him and his brother, and boy, Mike really drones
on and on like Elmer Fudd or something. I was really, really
shocked. Arnold's still like a kind of Slick Willie (Clinton) whereas
Mentzer comes across as Grandpa Simpson!

> Ouch.
>
> Anyway, Mentzer's problems (and blessings) were from the womb and not
> steroids-related. I suspect Schuh could say the same.

Well, geez, everything's genetic if you think about it. That's not
the point; the point is what you do with your genetics. He took
steroids and they obviously had an effect...including a negative one.
Who takes 'roids and only gets positive results from them? No such
thing as a free lunch in this universe; that's the first law of
thermodynamics, man!

> You say that like it's a bad thing. ;o)

It is for the newsgroup! It's ironic that those bitching the loudest
about how messed up things are are the very ones who throw weights all
over the gym, so to speak.

> Congrats on the 295. Best of luck with six plates.

Six?? I'm looking forward to eight, man! Six I know I can do -- I'm
taking things real slow 'cause I don't need no more injuries, but I'll
be hitting six by October or November at the absolute latest -- but a
full eight! Ahhhhhh!!!

The funny thing, though, is that my squats and deadlifts are puny. Of
course, I've only just adopted them this summer, and I have a
herniated disc in my lower back, but still, in absolute terms, they're
pitiful -- 275 for five sets of around four reps -- but I enjoy them
very much.

> --
> Curt

Curt
August 13th 07, 11:43 AM
Prisoner at War wrote:
> Curt wrote:
>
> > Holy crap. How can you not like Pete? <snip>
>
> I didn't say I don't like Pete. When I said "leave this newsgroup to
> the likes of you" I made that comment in the context of his standards
> over what constitutes a worthy post for the newsgroup <snip>
>
> I don't have a problem with people, they have a problem with me <snip>

heh :o)

I've never encountered that whole "problem with me" scenario. People
just automatically LOVE ME!

> which is their problem!

Naturally.

> > Good. Let me begin by suggesting you all visit
> > http://www.johannadejager.com/ for a start.
>
> I for one am not trying to look like Ms. Olympia,

Uh, neither is Johanna, I suspect.

> thank you very much.

Hey, I try.

> Then again, it seems that she's trying to look like Mr.
> Olympia!

Whaaa? Have you SEEN Ronnie Coleman? Or that Culter guy?

> I wonder what female bodybuilders look like in person...in
> photos, they look rather like men!

Some are certainly more feminine than others.

> > Bull****. I say forcing them is an option!
>
> Well, the way jmw and schuh

Never heard of 'em.

> follow me around, it does seem like something's forcing
> them to!

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS THEM!

> > Well, Kim Basinger's phone number would be nice. <snip>

> Hey, you can always get friendly with her daughter, you know.

Double whaaaa? Isn't she 12? No.

[...]

> > http://www.finalstar.com/hayden/hayden00013.jpg
>
> I'm not even going to click it; I've got a bad feeling I might go
> blind....

Doubtful. It's that chic from Heroes.

[...]

> Um, steroids mess up your liver, don't they?

I really couldn't say. Took Accutane many years ago and the
dermatologist had my blood monitored carefully because of fears of
liver damage with the drug. Steroids? No idea.

[...]

> I have a Mike Mentzer DVD from bodybuilding.com, and I was shocked to
> see him smoke and smoke and smoke every chance he got, it seems.

I'll have to look for that.

> He's an old fart by now, him and his brother,

Uh...

> and boy, Mike really drones on and on

But not so much recently, right?

> like Elmer Fudd or something.

Okay.

[...]

> > Anyway, Mentzer's problems (and blessings) were from the womb and not
> > steroids-related. I suspect Schuh could say the same.
>
> Well, geez, everything's genetic if you think about it.

Train wrecks aren't genetic.

Just sayin'.

[...]

> > Congrats on the 295. Best of luck with six plates.
>
> Six?? I'm looking forward to eight, man!

Cool. Best of luck.

> The funny thing, though, is that my squats and deadlifts are puny.
> Of course, I've only just adopted them this summer, and I have a
> herniated disc in my lower back, but still, in absolute terms,

I prefer imaginary terms.

> they're pitiful -- 275 for five sets of around four reps

Everything's relative.

> -- but I enjoy them very much.

Good.

--
Curt

August 13th 07, 12:38 PM
On Aug 10, 9:14 pm, Hobbes > wrote:

> > How's that going for you? Are you still working with Viola?
> > ps
>
> Viola retired, sadly. I guess she didn't want to make the sacrifices
> anymore.

It's definitely a sacrifice to maintain that level of competition and
training.

> I'm buckling down at school - I'm 7 classes from my degree and hope to
> have it done in two years. Then I'm hoping to get my masters at UVic on
> the west coast. Maybe settle down on Vancouver Island somewhere. So
> right now I'm not working with any athletes in particular, just helping
> out in the gym with hockey, wrestling and track (pole vaulters) mostly.

That sounds great. Let me know if you make it out to the west coast.
Maybe we can get together some time. I've been thinking about moving
back to WA; much as I love San Diego, it's so damn expensive.

> Next year I have to write a paper for my honours thesis and I'm looking
> at things like adaptation at a spinal reflex level during ballistic or
> power movement. I haven't really finalized yet, but as you can tell I'm
> getting into a fairly tightly defined area of research.

The tighter, the better. Good luck with the thesis, and make sure you
run spell check so they don't ding you for things like honours instead
of honors. ;-)
ps

Prisoner at War
August 13th 07, 03:41 PM
On Aug 10, 3:27 am, "Pete" > wrote:

> I know.

And now we know you know. Feel better?

> Will is gone, but we have you instead.

Did your MFW FAQ not come with instructions on how to use private e-
mail?

> Great...
>
> You dont even understand the basic stuff about training...

That's funny, I'm in great shape despite my ignorance then. I guess
God has a sense of humor; you might try to lighten up, too.

> No.
> Will gets paid because people want to hear his opinion.

LOL! And you respond to my post because you want to hear my opinions,
right?

> --
> Pete

Lucas Buck
August 14th 07, 03:02 AM
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:14:46 -0600, Hobbes > wrote:

>In article . com>,
> wrote:

>> > Sadly, there really isn't a lot of interesting threads going on right
>>
>> Yeah, it is sad.
>>
>> > now. I'm more into strength and power training for athletes
>>
>> How's that going for you? Are you still working with Viola?
>> ps
>>

>Viola retired, sadly. I guess she didn't want to make the sacrifices
>anymore.

We'll pay big money for any hidden-cam video of her in the shower.

Lucas Buck
August 14th 07, 03:04 AM
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 22:19:01 -0400, JMW > wrote:

>Prisoner at War > wrote:
>
>>On Aug 9, 1:52 pm, "jcderkoeing" > wrote:
>>>

>>> ...and most of the posts originate with you...
>>

>>Which posts? Come on, let's play brink's favorite MFW game: cites??
>
>http://tinyurl.com/25uhmq
>
>God, that was easy. You're such a dumbass.

He's already plotted his graph; don't confuse him with actual data.

Omelet
August 14th 07, 02:39 PM
In article >,
Lucas Buck > wrote:

<snipped>

I, for one, will miss Will.
He was a valuable contributor, and a lot of fun
to debate with.

:-(
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

August 18th 07, 03:50 PM
"Joe Humble" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 13:07:17 -0400, (Will Brink)
> wrote:
>
>>Hello all. A note to let you know I have officially removed MFW from my
>>list of groups I visit regularly.
>
> It is funny because I don't come here much anymore. I was beginning
> to wonder why you still did. Anyone with an industry profile has
> moved on to moderated/paid forums. You're right that this used to be
> a place where there were several industry insiders and even some
> careers were launched here (Hi Pat!)
>
> This has all changed and is really Darwinian in a sense. The
> considerations involved favor the troll. For you it makes little
> sense to be here when you can do a Lyle and just run your own
> moderated gig.
>
> I do disagree with part of what you wrote...the trolls haven't changed
> or won anything. What changed is the ready availability of moderated
> forums that are easy to use. The aspiring supplement guru or mag
> writer isn't going to come here...he or she will go to the moderated
> forums.
>
> The technology changed, not the people.
>
> A guy who used to post here wrote that there were two kinds of people
> who posted regularly to MFW--the mentally ill and the people with a
> financial stake in the supp business. I think maybe he was right at
> the time but now I think it is only mentally ill people.
>
> Good call Will.

Is what you are saying that this group is no longer 'spammer friendly'?

> --
> Is this thing on?

David
August 18th 07, 03:54 PM
"Omelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Lucas Buck > wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
> I, for one, will miss Will.
> He was a valuable contributor, and a lot of fun
> to debate with.

I for two will also miss Will. So will a lot of others miss Will. Will there
ever be anyone quite like Will and will they visit this group? It will be
interesting

> :-(
> --
> Peace, Om
>
> Remove _ to validate e-mails.
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack
> Nicholson

Hobbes
August 20th 07, 02:12 PM
In article >,
"ranieri" <uh, not right now> wrote:

> "Hobbes" > wrote in message
>
> > I'm buckling down at school - I'm 7 classes from my degree and hope to
> > have it done in two years. Then I'm hoping to get my masters at UVic on
> > the west coast. Maybe settle down on Vancouver Island somewhere. So
> > right now I'm not working with any athletes in particular, just helping
> > out in the gym with hockey, wrestling and track (pole vaulters) mostly.
> >

> Ah, pole vaulting, a subject near to my heart. My daughter (hs sophomore)
> just started bending this summer and is hitting 10'6" in practice. I've put
> together a program for her as follows: (at her request)
>
> Tues:
> Squat
> Inc. BP
> Dead
> Pullups/ Bubka drill
> Abs
>
> Fri:
> Inc BP
> Cable rows
> Full Clean
> Pullups / Bubka drill
> Abs
>
> Basically going from 2 sets of 10 to 3x3 while increasing weight each week
> from 65% to 95%
> Sprint work Wed and Sunday
> (combo low incline hill work, endurance sprints and overspeed)
>
> Not doing any plyo type stuff. After 8 weeks of decreasing volume and
> increasing intensity, we'll take a little time off and spend 4-6 weeks on
> oly lifts and Bubka drills. Next oppourtunity for actual vaulting will be
> in Dec. and indoor starts in late Jan.
>
> Whaddya think? Right track?

Yeah, but in the base strength phase I'd also get her doing a pile of
core work. The best thing I've seen is to hold yourself in a push-up
position on a bar in the rack or smith machine and then extend the arms
so that you are at an arms length. Like doing a rollout, but a lot
tougher. Change angles of the body and it would be a great strength
builder for a vaulter.

Personally I would also do more squats and front squats during the
strength phase - possibly doing front squats instead of incline BP
during Fridays workout.

--
Keith

Dally
August 21st 07, 03:43 AM
DZ wrote:
> JMW > wrote:
>
>>DZ wrote:

>>>Also consider this: I was born AND raised in Inner Mongolia.
>>
>>But you still look suspiciously like a Chechen separatist.
>

> I'm taking steps to dilute my vigorous genes in the next generation.
> http://picasaweb.google.com/sc13nc3d/UntitledAlbum/photo#5097148336832519810

Congratulations! (Were you doing front squats or something in that outfit?)

-- Dally

Al Bino
August 21st 07, 07:02 AM
"Dally" <> Congratulations! (Were you doing front squats or something in
that outfit?)

He likes to wear that outfit when he is j*cking off watching TV.

ranieri
August 21st 07, 02:29 PM
"Hobbes" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "ranieri" <uh, not right now> wrote:
>
>> "Hobbes" > wrote in message
>>
>> > I'm buckling down at school - I'm 7 classes from my degree and hope to
>> > have it done in two years. Then I'm hoping to get my masters at UVic on
>> > the west coast. Maybe settle down on Vancouver Island somewhere. So
>> > right now I'm not working with any athletes in particular, just helping
>> > out in the gym with hockey, wrestling and track (pole vaulters) mostly.
>> >

>> Ah, pole vaulting, a subject near to my heart. My daughter (hs sophomore)
>> just started bending this summer and is hitting 10'6" in practice. I've
>> put
>> together a program for her as follows: (at her request)
>>
>> Tues:
>> Squat
>> Inc. BP
>> Dead
>> Pullups/ Bubka drill
>> Abs
>>
>> Fri:
>> Inc BP
>> Cable rows
>> Full Clean
>> Pullups / Bubka drill
>> Abs
>>
>> Basically going from 2 sets of 10 to 3x3 while increasing weight each
>> week
>> from 65% to 95%
>> Sprint work Wed and Sunday
>> (combo low incline hill work, endurance sprints and overspeed)
>>
>> Not doing any plyo type stuff. After 8 weeks of decreasing volume and
>> increasing intensity, we'll take a little time off and spend 4-6 weeks on
>> oly lifts and Bubka drills. Next oppourtunity for actual vaulting will
>> be
>> in Dec. and indoor starts in late Jan.
>>
>> Whaddya think? Right track?
>>

> Yeah, but in the base strength phase I'd also get her doing a pile of
> core work. The best thing I've seen is to hold yourself in a push-up
> position on a bar in the rack or smith machine and then extend the arms
> so that you are at an arms length. Like doing a rollout, but a lot
> tougher. Change angles of the body and it would be a great strength
> builder for a vaulter.
>
> Personally I would also do more squats and front squats during the
> strength phase - possibly doing front squats instead of incline BP
> during Fridays workout.

I can see the core work being key. The Bubka drill (swinging into an
inverted position on a pullup bar) is highly recommended by her coaches.
Rope climbing, climbing in an L sit position, etc.is also thrown in there.
I can picture the fixed bar 'rollout' movement you described - but with the
bar fixed on a rack or on a Smith mach., how does one extend backward? Small
steps, sliding, roller skates?

Thanks
Jim

Hobbes
August 21st 07, 03:05 PM
In article >,
"ranieri" <uh, not right now> wrote:

> "Hobbes" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> Ah, pole vaulting, a subject near to my heart. My daughter (hs sophomore)
> >> just started bending this summer and is hitting 10'6" in practice. I've
> >> put
> >> together a program for her as follows: (at her request)
> >>
> >> Tues:
> >> Squat
> >> Inc. BP
> >> Dead
> >> Pullups/ Bubka drill
> >> Abs
> >>
> >> Fri:
> >> Inc BP
> >> Cable rows
> >> Full Clean
> >> Pullups / Bubka drill
> >> Abs
> >>
> >> Basically going from 2 sets of 10 to 3x3 while increasing weight each
> >> week
> >> from 65% to 95%
> >> Sprint work Wed and Sunday
> >> (combo low incline hill work, endurance sprints and overspeed)
> >>
> >> Not doing any plyo type stuff. After 8 weeks of decreasing volume and
> >> increasing intensity, we'll take a little time off and spend 4-6 weeks on
> >> oly lifts and Bubka drills. Next oppourtunity for actual vaulting will
> >> be
> >> in Dec. and indoor starts in late Jan.
> >>
> >> Whaddya think? Right track?
> >>

> > Yeah, but in the base strength phase I'd also get her doing a pile of
> > core work. The best thing I've seen is to hold yourself in a push-up
> > position on a bar in the rack or smith machine and then extend the arms
> > so that you are at an arms length. Like doing a rollout, but a lot
> > tougher. Change angles of the body and it would be a great strength
> > builder for a vaulter.
> >
> > Personally I would also do more squats and front squats during the
> > strength phase - possibly doing front squats instead of incline BP
> > during Fridays workout.
> >

> I can see the core work being key. The Bubka drill (swinging into an
> inverted position on a pullup bar) is highly recommended by her coaches.
> Rope climbing, climbing in an L sit position, etc.is also thrown in there.
> I can picture the fixed bar 'rollout' movement you described - but with the
> bar fixed on a rack or on a Smith mach., how does one extend backward? Small
> steps, sliding, roller skates?
>
> Thanks
> Jim

Training partner pulling back on the ankles is the easiest. You can do
the same thing by suspending a bar by chains or ropes and fixing the
feet. Very tough exercise - you may want to start with rollouts or hand
walkouts and progress to this version.

--
Keith

Lucas Buck
August 23rd 07, 09:04 PM
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 08:05:01 -0600, Hobbes > wrote:

>In article >,
> "ranieri" <uh, not right now> wrote:
>
>> "Hobbes" > wrote in message

>> > Yeah, but in the base strength phase I'd also get her doing a pile of
>> > core work. The best thing I've seen is to hold yourself in a push-up
>> > position on a bar in the rack or smith machine and then extend the arms
>> > so that you are at an arms length. Like doing a rollout, but a lot
>> > tougher. Change angles of the body and it would be a great strength
>> > builder for a vaulter.
>> >
>> > Personally I would also do more squats and front squats during the
>> > strength phase - possibly doing front squats instead of incline BP
>> > during Fridays workout.
>> >

>> I can see the core work being key. The Bubka drill (swinging into an
>> inverted position on a pullup bar) is highly recommended by her coaches.
>> Rope climbing, climbing in an L sit position, etc.is also thrown in there.
>> I can picture the fixed bar 'rollout' movement you described - but with the
>> bar fixed on a rack or on a Smith mach., how does one extend backward? Small
>> steps, sliding, roller skates?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jim
>>

>Training partner pulling back on the ankles is the easiest. You can do
>the same thing by suspending a bar by chains or ropes and fixing the feet.

What happens in Saskatoon stays in Saskatoon.