PDA

View Full Version : Re: Spinal Laser Surgery???

AllEmailDeletedImmediately
January 31st 08, 05:33 PM
"Prisoner at War" > wrote in message
> On Jan 31, 10:39 am, stanz > wrote:
>>

>> Just a FYI. In my opinion I would make sure that you check out and
>> exhaust every non-surgical option out there.
>
> It doesn't seem as if there are any. My sports doc, who's an actual
> back surgeon that played football in college, told me that there was
> no cure for my problem, that the risk of surgery outweighed any
> possible benefit. He might have had in mind traditional scalpel and
> forceps instead of lasers, however.

this seems to apply to arthroscopic (sp?) knee surgery, as well. the
problem will return at some time.

AllEmailDeletedImmediately
January 31st 08, 07:10 PM
"Prisoner at War" > wrote in message
> On Jan 31, 12:33 pm, "AllEmailDeletedImmediately" >
> wrote:
>>

>> this seems to apply to arthroscopic (sp?) knee surgery, as well. the
>> problem will return at some time.
>

> Well, sure, I wouldn't mind having this problem at age 93 -- I'd
> actually take it as a sign of good health, even, if that's the worst
> thing about my back!
>
> But at 36, not able to run after the bus, sneeze deeply, quickly put
> on my socks...that's ridiculous!
>
> So far, everything looks good for this laser spinal surgery procedure,
> from the few google hits I've looked at....

well, good luck.

Mr Lifter
February 1st 08, 02:25 AM
"AllEmailDeletedImmediately" > wrote in news:NDnoj.23768
[email protected]:

> "Prisoner at War" > wrote in message
>> On Jan 31, 10:39 am, stanz > wrote:
>>>

>>> Just a FYI. In my opinion I would make sure that you check out and
>>> exhaust every non-surgical option out there.
>>
>> It doesn't seem as if there are any. My sports doc, who's an actual
>> back surgeon that played football in college, told me that there was
>> no cure for my problem, that the risk of surgery outweighed any
>> possible benefit. He might have had in mind traditional scalpel and
>> forceps instead of lasers, however.
>

> this seems to apply to arthroscopic (sp?) knee surgery, as well. the
> problem will return at some time.

Correct, unless you treat the cause. The herniated disk was caused by
misalignment that must be corrected even if surgey is done, or the problem
will reoccur in another area.

February 3rd 08, 06:20 PM
I just want my scoliosis reduced, and my popping shoulder blades to stop
catching on my other bones when I move an arm.

Plus, I want my central pain syndrome dealt with.

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.2R

February 3rd 08, 08:57 PM
wrote in news:47a6062e$3$nynaurff
:

> I just want my scoliosis reduced, and my popping shoulder blades to stop
> catching on my other bones when I move an arm.
>
> Plus, I want my central pain syndrome dealt with.
>

> Alan

CHIROPRACTOR!!!!!