PDA

View Full Version : I am not happy

David
June 27th 08, 08:05 PM
This used to be a great group. Smart people who knew a thing or two.
Now it is a wasteland. No one posts much anymore . . . quality is gone
No, I am not happy at all.
Someone said recently , , "will the last person leaving turn off the
lights?"

Burr
June 27th 08, 10:54 PM
"David" > wrote in message
u...
> This used to be a great group. Smart people who knew a thing or two.
> Now it is a wasteland. No one posts much anymore . . . quality is gone
> No, I am not happy at all.
> Someone said recently , , "will the last person leaving turn off the
> lights?"

Click

Burr

michaelmcneil
June 28th 08, 01:38 AM
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 08:22:44 +1000, "ngage" > wrote:

>> Where is everyone? I cant see...its dark in here.
>
>Guess I'll hve to feel my way around :)
>Oh man..that was big and hard - who's is it

oops. sorry.
how'd that fall out again? hmmm :)

David
June 28th 08, 07:33 AM
"Curt" > wrote in message
On Jun 27, 3:05 pm, "David" > wrote:
> >This used to be a great group. Smart people who knew a thing or two.
> >Now it is a wasteland. No one posts much anymore . . . quality is gone
> >No, I am not happy at all.
> >Someone said recently , , "will the last person leaving turn off the
>> lights?"

>And that person, my friend, shall most certainly be...

>THE JANITOR!

Bingo!--

michaelmcneil
June 28th 08, 05:39 PM
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:46:06 -0700 (PDT), Curt > wrote:

(michaelmcneil) wrote:

>> >Guess I'll hve to feel my way around :)
>> >Oh man..that was big and hard - who's is it
>>
>> oops. *sorry.
>> how'd that fall out again? hmmm :)
>
>Jesus. I thought it was an Olympic bar. See a doctor, brother! That's
>not human!
>
>Wait a second... am I in the right newsgroup? Where the hell am I???
>
>David! You and that damn janitor switched the signs on the doors
>again.
>
>I thought I was in misc.fitness.weights, but I must be in
>misc.wanderaroundwithyour8footOlympicbarhangingout .rec!!!
>
>I'm mortified!

Hey ladies! check out the size of this olympic bar. :)

David
June 28th 08, 06:27 PM
"Omelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "David" > wrote:
>
>> This used to be a great group. Smart people who knew a thing or two.
>> Now it is a wasteland. No one posts much anymore . . . quality is gone
>> No, I am not happy at all.
>> Someone said recently , , "will the last person leaving turn off the
>> lights?"
>
> I see you are back. :-)

ha ha!

> Peace! Om
>
> "Human nature seems to be to control other people
> until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein

David
June 28th 08, 09:58 PM
"Omelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "David" > wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message

>> > I see you are back. :-)
>> >
>> ha ha!
>
> How is your dog?

Well he is about to be totally blind in one eye. His other eye already has
cataracts starting -we decided to do the surgery to save one eye at least -
before he goes totally blind - poor guy - then he has to recover for a week
or two

> --
> Peace! Om
>
> "Human nature seems to be to control other people
> until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein

michaelmcneil
June 29th 08, 02:14 PM
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 06:58:22 +1000, "David" > wrote:

>"Omelet" > wrote in message
>> In article >,

>>> ha ha!
>>
>> How is your dog?
>
>Well he is about to be totally blind in one eye. His other eye already has
>cataracts starting -we decided to do the surgery to save one eye at least -
>before he goes totally blind - poor guy - then he has to recover for a week
>or two

sounds kinda like me. :) legally blind in one eye, waiting for surgery on it,
and had a transplant in the other

michaelmcneil
June 29th 08, 02:15 PM
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 05:59:53 -0500, Omelet > wrote:

>In article >, "ngage" > wrote:
>
>> Omelet wrote:

>> > I see you are back. :-)
>>
>> I see your back :)
>
>Is it hairy? <g>

disposable... 5 for $1 :)

David
June 29th 08, 05:21 PM
"Omelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "David" > wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message

>> > How is your dog?
>>
>> Well he is about to be totally blind in one eye. His other eye already
>> has
>> cataracts starting -we decided to do the surgery to save one eye at
>> least -
>> before he goes totally blind - poor guy - then he has to recover for a
>> week
>> or two
>
> Well done. I wish I could afford the surgery for one eye for my teacup
> poodle that was abandoned totally blind on the street in front of my
> house about 2 years ago, but my vet feels she is too old to survive
> surgery anyway.
>
> For a blind dog, she actually does pretty well. She's about 13 years old
> now estimated. She only weighs 4 lbs. Why someone would dump a helpless
> old dog like that is beyond my understanding. :-(

you cant imagine how people would do things like that - yes 13 yrs is a
little old to invest in surgery - must be tiny - my dogs dick weighs more
than 4 lbs!

> --
> Peace! Om
>
> "Human nature seems to be to control other people
> until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein

David
June 29th 08, 05:22 PM
"michaelmcneil" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 06:58:22 +1000, "David" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Omelet" > wrote in message

>>> How is your dog?
>>
>>Well he is about to be totally blind in one eye. His other eye already has
>>cataracts starting -we decided to do the surgery to save one eye at
>>least -
>>before he goes totally blind - poor guy - then he has to recover for a
>>week
>>or two
>>

> sounds kinda like me. :) legally blind in one eye, waiting for surgery on
> it,
> and had a transplant in the other

no fun. maybe if you wandered around in front of Om's place he would take
you in??

michaelmcneil
June 30th 08, 07:36 AM
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 02:22:11 +1000, "David" > wrote:

>>>Well he is about to be totally blind in one eye. His other eye already has
>>>cataracts starting -we decided to do the surgery to save one eye at
>>>least -
>>>before he goes totally blind - poor guy - then he has to recover for a
>>>week
>>>or two
>>>

>> sounds kinda like me. :) legally blind in one eye, waiting for surgery on
>> it,
>> and had a transplant in the other
>
>no fun. maybe if you wandered around in front of Om's place he would take
>you in??

I'll let you know how I make out.

michaelmcneil
June 30th 08, 07:38 AM
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 09:07:26 -0500, Omelet > wrote:

>In article >,
> (michaelmcneil) wrote:

>> >Is it hairy? <g>
>>
>> disposable... 5 for $1 :)
>
>Only worth it if it's triple bladed...

haven't seen triple blade disposable up here... only the doubles.

I prefer the 4's myself. tried the ones that take the battery... might as well
be shaving with a butter knife for al the good the battery does for it

David
June 30th 08, 09:27 AM
"michaelmcneil" > wrote in message

>>> sounds kinda like me. :) legally blind in one eye, waiting for surgery
>>> on
>>> it,
>>> and had a transplant in the other
>>
>>no fun. maybe if you wandered around in front of Om's place he would take
>>you in??
>>
> I'll let you know how I make out.

He will either look after you or cook you for his dinner -

David
June 30th 08, 03:35 PM
"Omelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "David" > wrote:
>
>> "michaelmcneil" > wrote in message

>> > I'll let you know how I make out.
>>
>> He will either look after you or cook you for his dinner -
>
> Mmmmm... "Long Pig".
>
> With lots of garlic. ;-d
> Slow roasted over Mesquite.
>
> Good protein for body building!

I knew you would come up with something creative!

> --
> Peace! Om
>
> "Human nature seems to be to control other people
> until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein

michaelmcneil
July 2nd 08, 01:29 AM
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 05:03:03 -0500, Omelet > wrote:

>In article >,
> "David" > wrote:
>
>> "michaelmcneil" > wrote in message

>> > I'll let you know how I make out.
>>
>> He will either look after you or cook you for his dinner -
>
>Mmmmm... "Long Pig".
>
>With lots of garlic. ;-d
>Slow roasted over Mesquite.
>
>Good protein for body building!

No need to add garlic here. :) With the amount I eat on a daily basis I could
keep a whole family of vampires away

michaelmcneil
July 2nd 08, 01:30 AM
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 02:31:34 -0500, Omelet > wrote:

>In article >,
> (michaelmcneil) wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 09:07:26 -0500, Omelet > wrote:

>> >Only worth it if it's triple bladed...
>>
>> haven't seen triple blade disposable up here... only the doubles.
>>
>> I prefer the 4's myself. tried the ones that take the battery... might as
>> well
>> be shaving with a butter knife for al the good the battery does for it
>
><lol> Yeah, tried that battery run triple blade too. It's a joke!
>Vibrating blades... Big whoop!

vibration and batteries are only good for one thing

David
July 2nd 08, 05:21 PM
"Omelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> (michaelmcneil) wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 05:03:03 -0500, Omelet > wrote:

>> >Mmmmm... "Long Pig".
>> >
>> >With lots of garlic. ;-d
>> >Slow roasted over Mesquite.
>> >
>> >Good protein for body building!
>>
>> No need to add garlic here. :) With the amount I eat on a daily basis I
>> could
>> keep a whole family of vampires away
>
> Okay, but there is a slight problem with long pig in general.
>
> I don't eat junk food. <g>

very funny Om
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> "Human nature seems to be to control other people
> until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein

David
July 2nd 08, 10:14 PM
"Omelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "David" > wrote:
>
>> > Okay, but there is a slight problem with long pig in general.
>> >
>> > I don't eat junk food. <g>
>>
>> very funny Om
>
> A line I stole from "Ice Age" actually...

must catch that movie one day

> --
> Peace! Om
>
> "Human nature seems to be to control other people
> until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein

michaelmcneil
July 2nd 08, 10:48 PM

>>> does that mean you cut yourself three times more?
>>
>> Efficiency is the name of the game...
>
>Yeah but not when you are shaving your genitals...lol

that's the wife's job. :)