PDA

View Full Version : Re: I want to get MASSIVE!!!

Andrzej Rosa
July 10th 08, 10:43 PM
Dnia 2008-07-10 papa smurf napisał(a):
> Hello all. I have been trying to get bigger muscles particularly in
> the chest and arm regions. ;) I'm fairly new to this. I have routinely
> worked out for the last 3-4 months and have not been able to achieve
> desired results. My muscles are definitely becoming more define, but
> not particularly bulky as I want them. I even take protien after each
> work out and graze like a goat through the day on healthy foods.

If you want to get massive, prepare yourself mentally to getting
actually fat, at least for a while. That's unfortunately how things
work. You'll gain muscles faster while simply gaining body mass, fat
and all. Nobody got massive without getting at least sorta chubby at
times. Seriously, I doubt it's worth it, but everybody's different.

> My
> workout alternates by day. Day 1 = Biceps and chest, Day 2 Triceps and
> finally Day 3 Cardio... I repeat this routine and will occasionally
> mix in an extra cardio work out here or there. I don't know what I'm
> doing wrong.

Your training sucks. First, train your back, or you'll look funny and
will develop serious shoulder problems withing a year or two if you
don't. If you want to get massive, do heavy pulls or at least shrugs.
Traps will make you look much bigger than biceps or triceps. Bodybuilding
is about optical illusions, but it really is hard to look massive without
actually being massive. Look at Ronnie Coleman back to see what heavy
pulls can do to you (then downscale it all by an order of magnitude).

So, let's say,
Day 1 - Chest and biceps (capitals as intended, biceps is a small
muscle, and you should work it pretty hard on your back day
anyway)
Day 2 - Heavy Pulls. Deadlifts, rows, chinups - that sort of thing.
Day 3 - Overhead Presses, shrugs, triceps.

Cardio? It just burns calories and burns you out. Don't overeat and
you don't need it.

> I do my very best to maintain proper form in each
> excersize. I really can't lift a whole lot. On the bench I press
> 135lbs. I will do 3 sets of 10 with this weight. I can max around
> 170lbs, but I'm pushing to get that. I curl 75lbs. Same number of set
> and reps... And I will do about 3 seperate excersizes for each muscle
> group. Any suggestions? If you needed more details I would be happy
> to provide them. :)

You should be able to deadlift twice your bodyweight. Next year!
Without being able to do so, you are a weakling. You should be able to
do at least ten good pullups. If you can't, you are either too weak or
too fat. I guarantee you that once you are able to do both, you will
look much better than you do now.

--
Andrzej Rosa 1127R

Burr
July 11th 08, 12:26 AM
"Andrzej Rosa"

Andrzej,
Your killing me! I'm fixing to pay the price right now after screwing
off all week. If it takes 3 hours to get it done I will do it.

Anybody read this months Men's Health about weights and diabetes? I was
riding more and lifting less but after reading that I'll stay with the three
workouts a week and ride as I can.

Burr

Andrzej Rosa
July 11th 08, 01:16 AM
Dnia 2008-07-10 Burr napisał(a):

> "Andrzej Rosa"
>

> Andrzej,
> Your killing me! I'm fixing to pay the price right now after screwing
> off all week. If it takes 3 hours to get it done I will do it.

I had vacations, from which I'm still in the recovery mode. Actually
I "rested" myself so badly, that my body is still to weak to heal small
cuts which I gathered around. Strange thing, but I really overtrained
myself with holidays... But tomorrow I start training again. Though,
as a mature and experienced trainer that I am, I won't jump head first
into it, but slowly build my load up (hint, hint). ;-)

> Anybody read this months Men's Health about weights and diabetes? I was
> riding more and lifting less but after reading that I'll stay with the three
> workouts a week and ride as I can.

That makes sense to me, though I didn't read the article. I just don't
buy into cardio much.

--
Andrzej Rosa 1127R