PDA

View Full Version : Re: I want to get MASSIVE!!!

Steve Freides
July 11th 08, 05:59 PM
"papa smurf" > wrote in message
> Hello all. I have been trying to get bigger muscles particularly in
> the chest and arm regions. ;) I'm fairly new to this. I have routinely
> worked out for the last 3-4 months and have not been able to achieve
> desired results. My muscles are definitely becoming more define, but
> not particularly bulky as I want them. I even take protien after each
> work out and graze like a goat through the day on healthy foods. My
> workout alternates by day. Day 1 = Biceps and chest, Day 2 Triceps and
> finally Day 3 Cardio... I repeat this routine and will occasionally
> mix in an extra cardio work out here or there. I don't know what I'm
> doing wrong. I do my very best to maintain proper form in each
> excersize. I really can't lift a whole lot. On the bench I press
> 135lbs. I will do 3 sets of 10 with this weight. I can max around
> 170lbs, but I'm pushing to get that. I curl 75lbs. Same number of set
> and reps... And I will do about 3 seperate excersizes for each muscle
> group. Any suggestions? If you needed more details I would be happy
> to provide them. :)

You might try to cut your reps, increase the sets to keep the total
number of lifts the same, keep the rest period between sets short, and
increase the weight. Or at least cycle these variables so that, e.g.,
it's 3 sets of 10 in week 1, 5 sets of 5 in week 2, and 10 sets of 3 in
week 3.

And as Andrzej suggests, add something that involves the back and legs.

A book I own and enjoyed reading, although I don't follow its advice
because I'm not a bodybuilder, is "Beyond Bodybuilding", see
http://www.kbnj.com/bb.htm

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

David
July 11th 08, 06:56 PM
"Steve Freides" > wrote in message
> "papa smurf" > wrote in message
>> Hello all. I have been trying to get bigger muscles particularly in
>> the chest and arm regions. ;) I'm fairly new to this. I have routinely
>> worked out for the last 3-4 months and have not been able to achieve
>> desired results. My muscles are definitely becoming more define, but
>> not particularly bulky as I want them. I even take protien after each
>> work out and graze like a goat through the day on healthy foods. My
>> workout alternates by day. Day 1 = Biceps and chest, Day 2 Triceps and
>> finally Day 3 Cardio... I repeat this routine and will occasionally
>> mix in an extra cardio work out here or there. I don't know what I'm
>> doing wrong. I do my very best to maintain proper form in each
>> excersize. I really can't lift a whole lot. On the bench I press
>> 135lbs. I will do 3 sets of 10 with this weight. I can max around
>> 170lbs, but I'm pushing to get that. I curl 75lbs. Same number of set
>> and reps... And I will do about 3 seperate excersizes for each muscle
>> group. Any suggestions? If you needed more details I would be happy
>> to provide them. :)
>
> You might try to cut your reps, increase the sets to keep the total number
> of lifts the same, keep the rest period between sets short, and increase
> the weight. Or at least cycle these variables so that, e.g., it's 3 sets
> of 10 in week 1, 5 sets of 5 in week 2, and 10 sets of 3 in week 3.
>
> And as Andrzej suggests, add something that involves the back and legs.
>
> A book I own and enjoyed reading, although I don't follow its advice
> because I'm not a bodybuilder, is "Beyond Bodybuilding", see
> http://www.kbnj.com/bb.htm

You're not a bodybuilder? With a 'physique' like yours?