PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I tried to buy an Ephedrine product, but they said they can't send the product.

Jim
January 18th 04, 11:59 PM
Hi, I tried to buy an Ephedrine product, because you said Ephedrine products
were not banned. You said Ephedra was banned, but not ephedrine. And I
ordered it. I live in California.
So what's the story? I thought some of you said Ephedrine was ok, and
not Ephedra. I ordered this and they said they couldn't send it to
California. What's the truth?
Can you please send me to a link that it is ok to purchase Ephedrine
products?

Thanks.

the constitution
January 19th 04, 12:14 AM
Jim > wrote in message
link.net...
> Hi, I tried to buy an Ephedrine product, because you said Ephedrine
products
> were not banned. You said Ephedra was banned, but not ephedrine. And I
> ordered it. I live in California.
> So what's the story? I thought some of you said Ephedrine was ok,
and
> not Ephedra. I ordered this and they said they couldn't send it to
> California. What's the truth?

you probably cannot have it shipped to california.

check your local pharmacy or grocery store and see if Bronkaid and/or
primatene tablets are available OTC.

if they are over the counter, then obviously, they are legal to possess.

> Can you please send me to a link that it is ok to purchase Ephedrine
> products?

it is probably not legal in cali to have ephedrine qua ephedrine shipped
there.

it does not follow that medications (like bronkaid) that have ephedrine in
them are banned or legend drugs

hth

whit

> Thanks.

Steven C \(Doktersteve\)
January 19th 04, 12:26 AM
"Jim" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Hi, I tried to buy an Ephedrine product, because you said Ephedrine
products
> were not banned. You said Ephedra was banned, but not ephedrine. And I
> ordered it. I live in California.
> So what's the story? I thought some of you said Ephedrine was ok,
and
> not Ephedra. I ordered this and they said they couldn't send it to
> California. What's the truth?
> Can you please send me to a link that it is ok to purchase Ephedrine
> products?
>
> Thanks.

AFAIK, something to do with taxes and laws in California prohibit some
products getting sent there.
I know that electronics boutique (the video game store) www.ebgames.com will
not ship to California either.

Dally
January 19th 04, 02:34 AM
Jim wrote:

> Hi, I tried to buy an Ephedrine product, because you said Ephedrine products
> were not banned. You said Ephedra was banned, but not ephedrine. And I
> ordered it. I live in California.

Did you MENTION that you live in California? Was I supposed to tell
that from your email account? No, the places I order from don't mail to
California. They mail to me, though, because I'm in Massachusetts.

My guess is that you can it them from some less reputable websites, and
maybe from truck stops, and probably in any drug store you drive by.

Dally

Jim
January 19th 04, 02:54 AM
So you were wrong, Ephedrine is illegal in some places. OK. I should have
mentioned I was from Calfornia. But anyways, Ephedra is like Ephedrine, you
can't either medication.
"Dally" > wrote in message
> Jim wrote:
>
> > Hi, I tried to buy an Ephedrine product, because you said Ephedrine
products
> > were not banned. You said Ephedra was banned, but not ephedrine. And I
> > ordered it. I live in California.
>
> Did you MENTION that you live in California? Was I supposed to tell
> that from your email account? No, the places I order from don't mail to
> California. They mail to me, though, because I'm in Massachusetts.
>
> My guess is that you can it them from some less reputable websites, and
> maybe from truck stops, and probably in any drug store you drive by.
>
> Dally

matt
January 19th 04, 03:05 AM
"Jim" > wrote in message
link.net...
| So you were wrong, Ephedrine is illegal in some places. OK. I should
have
| mentioned I was from Calfornia. But anyways, Ephedra is like Ephedrine,
you
| can't either medication.
| "Dally" > wrote in message
| > Jim wrote:
| >
| > > Hi, I tried to buy an Ephedrine product, because you said Ephedrine
| products
| > > were not banned. You said Ephedra was banned, but not ephedrine. And
| > > ordered it. I live in California.
| >
| > Did you MENTION that you live in California? Was I supposed to tell
| > that from your email account? No, the places I order from don't mail to
| > California. They mail to me, though, because I'm in Massachusetts.
| >
| > My guess is that you can it them from some less reputable websites, and
| > maybe from truck stops, and probably in any drug store you drive by.
| >
| > Dally

It's because it's california everything is illegal there california sucks
ass

Steven C \(Doktersteve\)
January 19th 04, 03:57 AM
"Jim" > wrote in message
link.net...
> So you were wrong, Ephedrine is illegal in some places. OK. I should
have
> mentioned I was from Calfornia. But anyways, Ephedra is like Ephedrine,
you
> can't either medication.
> "Dally" > wrote in message

Do you know how to read Jim? it is not illegal in California.
Just like video games from that store I mentioned aren't illegal in
California.

no shipping to California does not equal illegal in the state.

Lee Michaels
January 19th 04, 04:14 AM
"Steven C (Doktersteve)" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Jim" > wrote in message
> link.net...
> > So you were wrong, Ephedrine is illegal in some places. OK. I should
> have
> > mentioned I was from Calfornia. But anyways, Ephedra is like Ephedrine,
> you
> > can't either medication.
> > "Dally" > wrote in message
> > >

> Do you know how to read Jim? it is not illegal in California.
> Just like video games from that store I mentioned aren't illegal in
> California.
>
> no shipping to California does not equal illegal in the state.

I understand that shipping reading comprehension courses to Kalifornia is
also illegal. They want all their illiteracy to be home grown.

Steven C \(Doktersteve\)
January 19th 04, 04:39 AM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s03...

> "Steven C (Doktersteve)" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > "Jim" > wrote in message
> > link.net...
> > > So you were wrong, Ephedrine is illegal in some places. OK. I should
> > have
> > > mentioned I was from Calfornia. But anyways, Ephedra is like
Ephedrine,
> > you
> > > can't either medication.
> > > "Dally" > wrote in message
> > > >

> > Do you know how to read Jim? it is not illegal in California.
> > Just like video games from that store I mentioned aren't illegal in
> > California.
> >
> > no shipping to California does not equal illegal in the state.
> >

> I understand that shipping reading comprehension courses to Kalifornia is
> also illegal. They want all their illiteracy to be home grown.

yeah, and people had a good time with me the other day and my HIIT
questions.
This guy is ripe for a good flaming, considering how many posts on the same
topic he has made in the past week, and then he turns around and - without
reading why he cant get supplements as well as most mass market consumer
goods shipped to California, starts to tell people "well, I guess YOU were
wrong, huh?".

Is it any surprise that they want to keep the illiteracy in California home
grown?
Would their current governor want much competition in the wit department?
<g>

John M. Williams
January 19th 04, 04:54 AM
"Jim" > wrote:

>Hi, I tried to buy an Ephedrine product, because you said Ephedrine products
>were not banned. You said Ephedra was banned, but not ephedrine. And I
>ordered it. I live in California.
> So what's the story? I thought some of you said Ephedrine was ok, and
>not Ephedra. I ordered this and they said they couldn't send it to
>California. What's the truth?
> Can you please send me to a link that it is ok to purchase Ephedrine
>products?

Do you know the difference between federal law and state law?

JimmySmith
January 19th 04, 08:03 AM
>Do you know the difference between federal law and state law?

Yes. State law is what the federal government allows the states to do because
it is too busy or has yet to higher enough workers to deal with.

Disagree with the Ephedra ban?
Email the FDA -

The Free State Project: Liberty in Your Lifetime
http://www.freestateproject.org

John M. Williams
January 19th 04, 08:36 AM
(JimmySmith) wrote:

>>Do you know the difference between federal law and state law?
>
>Yes. State law is what the federal government allows the states to do because
>it is too busy or has yet to higher enough workers to deal with.

Do your Free States have schools which teach children to construct
coherent sentences?

Dally
January 19th 04, 05:21 PM
John M. Williams wrote:
> "Jim" > wrote:
>>Hi, I tried to buy an Ephedrine product, because you said Ephedrine products
>>were not banned.

> Do you know the difference between federal law and state law?

Or the difference between internet advice and paid advice?

Dally

JimmySmith
January 19th 04, 08:11 PM
>Do your Free States have schools which teach children to construct
>coherent sentences?

I really don't know. I've only been to two school systems in my life.

I thought you would like my reasoning, though. I tried to show the actual
reasoning the the federal government and most Americans (statist, including
you) use.

Disagree with the Ephedra ban?
Email the FDA -

The Free State Project: Liberty in Your Lifetime
http://www.freestateproject.org

John M. Williams
January 19th 04, 08:53 PM
(JimmySmith) wrote:

>>Do your Free States have schools which teach children to construct
>>coherent sentences?
>
>I really don't know. I've only been to two school systems in my life.
>
>I thought you would like my reasoning, though.

What reasoning, Funbot? You just spout propaganda, and very
coherently. You and the left-wing screamers are just opposite sides
of the same coin.

JimmySmith
January 20th 04, 05:25 AM
>You and the left-wing screamers are just opposite sides
>of the same coin.

Well, not really. You see, there are left people, right people, dictators,
libertarians (that's me), and people in the center.

See the world's smallest political quiz,
http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html