PDA

View Full Version : Weider BB System Book - Misprint in Chart 1 ? Help Please

pw
January 25th 04, 08:31 PM
Could someone advise me on what seems like a misprint in Joe Weider's
Bodybuilding System Book.

In the table for Chart 1, on page 34 in the book, it lists exercise 9 as
Barbell Rows

In the exercise tips on page 36 it lists exercise 9 as Upright Rows.

In the wall chart it show exercise 9 as Barbell Rows.

Which is correct ? Barbell Rows or Upright Rows ?

Many thanks in advance.

Phil
a newbie re-starting some light weight training after a few years of too
little exercise.

Wayne S. Hill
January 25th 04, 10:21 PM
pw wrote:

> Which is correct ? Barbell Rows or Upright Rows ?

Here's an upright row (sorry about the long link):

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidLateral/BBUprightRow.ht
ml

Here's a bent row:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/BBBentOverRow.html

--
-Wayne

pw
January 26th 04, 08:53 AM
Many thanks for the interesting link but I did know and can do a (Bent-Over)
Barbell Row and an Upright Row.

I should clarify my question: Which is correct for Exercise 9, Chart 1 of
the Joe Weider Bodybuilding System Book 1988 ?

Anyone who has this book and has followed this programme of exercises will
realise there is a contradiction in the book.

In the table for Chart 1, on page 34 in the book, it lists exercise 9 as
Barbell Rows

In the exercise tips on page 36 it lists exercise 9 as Upright Rows.

In the wall chart it show exercise 9 as Barbell Rows.

Which is correct for exercise 9 of Chart 1 of this programme ? (Bent-Over)
Barbell Rows or Upright Rows ?

Thanks in advance for anyone who has this book and can answer my question.
Phil

"Wayne S. Hill" > wrote in message
> pw wrote:
>
> > Which is correct ? Barbell Rows or Upright Rows ?
>
> Here's an upright row (sorry about the long link):
>
> http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidLateral/BBUprightRow.ht
> ml
>
> Here's a bent row:
>
> http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/BBBentOverRow.html
>
> --
> -Wayne

Jay
January 26th 04, 11:28 AM
"pw" > wrote in message
> Could someone advise me on what seems like a misprint in Joe Weider's
> Bodybuilding System Book.
>
> In the table for Chart 1, on page 34 in the book, it lists exercise 9 as
> Barbell Rows
>
> In the exercise tips on page 36 it lists exercise 9 as Upright Rows.
>
> In the wall chart it show exercise 9 as Barbell Rows.
>

> Which is correct ? Barbell Rows or Upright Rows ?
>
> Phil
> a newbie re-starting some light weight training after a few years of too
> little exercise.

Tell us more about the book and the exercises before and after #9.

Few here think of Joe Weider as a good information source, so the likelyhood
of anyone having that book is slim.

What is keeping you from designing a good routine yourself?