PDA

View Full Version : Re: African Bodybuilders

David
February 24th 09, 07:47 AM
"TMAN" > wrote in message
> There are hundreds if not thousands of excellent bodybuilders in
> Africa, and they receive almost no publicity. Partly this is because
> of the extreme difficulty they have in getting to the United States to
> compete. Most are on an extremely low budget and don't have money for
> supplements. If you would like to see some of these African
> Bodybuilders, go to AfricanMuscle.com, which is the official site of
> the Association de Bodybuilding de Cote d'Ivoire. Frederic Yao, the
> man man in West African bodybuilding, has been doing a terrific job in
> Ivory Coast promoting bodybuilding at his own expense. The
> bodybuilders themselves train under very difficult circumstances.

So ****en what? A lot of us train under very difficult circumstances. Why,
in my gym there is a guy who grunts when he llifts - makes it hard to
focus - and other times the music in the aerobics class is so ****en loud I
cant concentrate at all. Then there are always 2 guys waitin for the pec dec
machine when I want it. Yeah it's tough all over pal dont wring my heart out
with these african dudes.

Charles
February 24th 09, 09:06 AM
On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:47:55 +1000, "David" >
wrote:

>"TMAN" > wrote in message
>> There are hundreds if not thousands of excellent bodybuilders in
>> Africa, and they receive almost no publicity. Partly this is because
>> of the extreme difficulty they have in getting to the United States to
>> compete. Most are on an extremely low budget and don't have money for
>> supplements. If you would like to see some of these African
>> Bodybuilders, go to AfricanMuscle.com, which is the official site of
>> the Association de Bodybuilding de Cote d'Ivoire. Frederic Yao, the
>> man man in West African bodybuilding, has been doing a terrific job in
>> Ivory Coast promoting bodybuilding at his own expense. The
>> bodybuilders themselves train under very difficult circumstances.
>
>So ****en what? A lot of us train under very difficult circumstances. Why,
>in my gym there is a guy who grunts when he llifts - makes it hard to
>focus - and other times the music in the aerobics class is so ****en loud I
>cant concentrate at all. Then there are always 2 guys waitin for the pec dec
>machine when I want it. Yeah it's tough all over pal dont wring my heart out
>with these african dudes.

I agree with you enthusiastically Oz; these African guys don't know
how difficult it is to train in our western gyms, or the aggravation
and deprivation we have to endure.

Only yesterday in the Health Suite, I was expected to swathe myself in
cold towels, and the air conditioning in the Fitness Suite was two
degrees higher than I prefer.

In addition to that I was obliged to ignore a couple of scantily clad
females, who were obviously more interested in a social liaison than
they were with working out.

The things we have to put up with!!

David
February 24th 09, 09:29 AM
"Charles" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:47:55 +1000, "David" >
> wrote:
>

>>"TMAN" > wrote in message
>>> There are hundreds if not thousands of excellent bodybuilders in
>>> Africa, and they receive almost no publicity. Partly this is because
>>> of the extreme difficulty they have in getting to the United States to
>>> compete. Most are on an extremely low budget and don't have money for
>>> supplements. If you would like to see some of these African
>>> Bodybuilders, go to AfricanMuscle.com, which is the official site of
>>> the Association de Bodybuilding de Cote d'Ivoire. Frederic Yao, the
>>> man man in West African bodybuilding, has been doing a terrific job in
>>> Ivory Coast promoting bodybuilding at his own expense. The
>>> bodybuilders themselves train under very difficult circumstances.
>>
>>So ****en what? A lot of us train under very difficult circumstances. Why,
>>in my gym there is a guy who grunts when he llifts - makes it hard to
>>focus - and other times the music in the aerobics class is so ****en loud
>>cant concentrate at all. Then there are always 2 guys waitin for the pec
>>dec
>>machine when I want it. Yeah it's tough all over pal dont wring my heart
>>out
>>with these african dudes.
>>

> I agree with you enthusiastically Oz; these African guys don't know
> how difficult it is to train in our western gyms, or the aggravation
> and deprivation we have to endure.
>
> Only yesterday in the Health Suite, I was expected to swathe myself in
> cold towels, and the air conditioning in the Fitness Suite was two
> degrees higher than I prefer.
>
> In addition to that I was obliged to ignore a couple of scantily clad
> females, who were obviously more interested in a social liaison than
> they were with working out.
>
> The things we have to put up with!!

Thanks for backing me up with this Charles as I was pretty certain these
African boys would *never* believe what we go through out here. They would
think I was exaggerating for sure. And my gosh reading your accounts - you
would think that it is *we* who live in a 3rd world country!! Are you
serious (hand on your heart and hope to die) when you say the air
conditioning was not working perfectly and was as much as 2 degrees high?
That is disgraceful! Lets see if these African boys can top that in a hurry!
No, these fellas dont know when they got it good! Bleating and whining like
that. Shame on them

David
February 26th 09, 01:37 PM
"Omelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "David" > wrote:
>
>> "TMAN" > wrote in message
>> > There are hundreds if not thousands of excellent bodybuilders in
>> > Africa, and they receive almost no publicity. Partly this is because
>> > of the extreme difficulty they have in getting to the United States to
>> > compete. Most are on an extremely low budget and don't have money for
>> > supplements. If you would like to see some of these African
>> > Bodybuilders, go to AfricanMuscle.com, which is the official site of
>> > the Association de Bodybuilding de Cote d'Ivoire. Frederic Yao, the
>> > man man in West African bodybuilding, has been doing a terrific job in
>> > Ivory Coast promoting bodybuilding at his own expense. The
>> > bodybuilders themselves train under very difficult circumstances.
>>
>> So ****en what? A lot of us train under very difficult circumstances.
>> Why,
>> in my gym there is a guy who grunts when he llifts - makes it hard to
>> focus - and other times the music in the aerobics class is so ****en loud
>> cant concentrate at all. Then there are always 2 guys waitin for the pec
>> dec
>> machine when I want it. Yeah it's tough all over pal dont wring my heart
>> out
>> with these african dudes.
>
> Your compassion brings tears to my eyes David...

How is the economy affecting your life Om? Do you have friends who have lost
jobs, homes? Just how bad is it in the street?

> ;-)
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not
> judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

David
February 27th 09, 01:10 AM
"Omelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "David" > wrote:
>
>> How is the economy affecting your life Om? Do you have friends who have
>> lost
>> jobs, homes? Just how bad is it in the street?
>
> So far, most in Texas are not affected. My budget is tight, especially
> with me shelling out extra for special health care right now, but I've
> tightened the budget in other areas.
>
> One MAJOR way to save money is to stick to a shopping list and not
> _browse_ in the stores. Impulse buying is one of the worst ways to blow
> money.

Good point - it is like not going grocery shopping when you are hungry

> It's also a good idea to use cash and not even carry a debit card or a
> checkbook. It forces you to stick with what you have on hand.

oooh that's gonna be hard!

> I'm seeing Perry once per week at the moment as he's working on other
> problems/old injuries including a herniated muscle in my left quadriceps
> I did not know about until I started using the Airrosti foam roller.
> Hurt like hell but he was able to put it back in place. Better than
> leaving it there or having some kind of surgery to fix it. The area
> where it was is badly bruised, but at least that lump is GONE.

Great how this guy is helping you

> This guy is good. :-)
>
> I am grateful, but it's running me a $90.00 co-pay per visit. I'm just
> glad that insurance is paying the other $310.00.

Shoot that is not bad at all

> On the good news upside, I've gone back to the hard core gym in town
> and am using free weights again. Yay! I'd missed them and the
> atmosphere there. Lots of gym rats, both male and female. It's $17.00
> per month for women and $27.00 per month for guys. Bobby (the gym owner)
> says that's because guys are harder on the equipment. <g>

Well we have it better than those African dudes !

> I've gone back to doing cable crunches for abs so I'm nice and sore
> right now. That particular ab exercise hits the entire group from top to
> bottom. It hurts to cough. ;-)
> --
yeah good - try going past horizontal if you can get a bench that allows
that

> Peace! Om
>
> I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not
> judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

David
February 27th 09, 06:10 AM
"Omelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "David" > wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message

>> > So far, most in Texas are not affected. My budget is tight, especially
>> > with me shelling out extra for special health care right now, but I've
>> > tightened the budget in other areas.
>> >
>> > One MAJOR way to save money is to stick to a shopping list and not
>> > _browse_ in the stores. Impulse buying is one of the worst ways to
>> > blow
>> > money.
>>
>> Good point - it is like not going grocery shopping when you are hungry
>
> That one I have SO found to be true! ;-)
>

>> > It's also a good idea to use cash and not even carry a debit card or a
>> > checkbook. It forces you to stick with what you have on hand.
>> >
>> oooh that's gonna be hard!
>
> It can be.
> But it works.
>

>> > I'm seeing Perry once per week at the moment as he's working on other
>> > problems/old injuries including a herniated muscle in my left
>> > quadriceps
>> > I did not know about until I started using the Airrosti foam roller.
>> > Hurt like hell but he was able to put it back in place. Better than
>> > leaving it there or having some kind of surgery to fix it. The area
>> > where it was is badly bruised, but at least that lump is GONE.
>>
>> Great how this guy is helping you
>>

>> > This guy is good. :-)
>> >
>> > I am grateful, but it's running me a $90.00 co-pay per visit. I'm just
>> > glad that insurance is paying the other $310.00.
>> >
>> Shoot that is not bad at all
>
> It helps. <g>
>

>> > On the good news upside, I've gone back to the hard core gym in town
>> > and am using free weights again. Yay! I'd missed them and the
>> > atmosphere there. Lots of gym rats, both male and female. It's $17.00
>> > per month for women and $27.00 per month for guys. Bobby (the gym
>> > owner)
>> > says that's because guys are harder on the equipment. <g>
>> >

>> Well we have it better than those African dudes !
>
> <lol>
>

>> > I've gone back to doing cable crunches for abs so I'm nice and sore
>> > right now. That particular ab exercise hits the entire group from top
>> > bottom. It hurts to cough. ;-)
>> > --
>> yeah good - try going past horizontal if you can get a bench that allows
>> that
>
> You don't use a bench for cable crunches...
> You are upright on your knees. Google for the You tube videos. It
> really is a great ab exercise.

Yes I am familiar with cable crunches and how to do them - I am suggesting a
different ab exercise

> --
> Peace! Om
>
> I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not
> judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

David
February 28th 09, 02:36 AM
"Omelet" > wrote in message

>> > You don't use a bench for cable crunches...
>> > You are upright on your knees. Google for the You tube videos. It
>> > really is a great ab exercise.
>>
>> Yes I am familiar with cable crunches and how to do them - I am
>> suggesting a
>> different ab exercise
>
> I'm trying to understand what you are getting at...
> If you are suggesting decline situps/crunches, no thanks. <g>
>
> I'm not quite that much of a masochist!

There are ways to do supported decline ab crunches - you just need the right
kind of bench

> --
> Peace! Om
>
> I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not
> judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

David
February 28th 09, 03:50 AM
"Omelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "David" > wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message

>> > I'm trying to understand what you are getting at...
>> > If you are suggesting decline situps/crunches, no thanks. <g>
>> >
>> > I'm not quite that much of a masochist!
>>
>> There are ways to do supported decline ab crunches - you just need the
>> right
>> kind of bench
>>

> Both the local gyms have decline benches with leg attachements for
> support. I still don't like them. ;-)

Is this is?
http://www.shapefit.com/abs-exercises-decline-crunches.html