PDA

View Full Version : Powerlifting Belt

Publius Enigma
February 10th 04, 11:00 PM
I was wonder if anyone had any opinions on which is better between the 1 and
2 prong buckles on powerlifting belts?

Will
February 10th 04, 11:03 PM
In article >,
"Publius Enigma" > wrote:

> I was wonder if anyone had any opinions on which is better between the 1 and
> 2 prong buckles on powerlifting belts?

I used to use a two prong belt (now I use a lever) and would recommend 1
prong. Two prongs make it harder to get the belt tight and I don't
think they really yield any advantages.

Publius Enigma
February 10th 04, 11:04 PM
Thanks a lot! How do you find the lever?
"Will" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Publius Enigma" > wrote:
>
> > I was wonder if anyone had any opinions on which is better between the 1
and
> > 2 prong buckles on powerlifting belts?
>
> I used to use a two prong belt (now I use a lever) and would recommend 1
> prong. Two prongs make it harder to get the belt tight and I don't
> think they really yield any advantages.

Will
February 10th 04, 11:13 PM
In article >,
"Publius Enigma" > wrote:

> Thanks a lot! How do you find the lever?

It's great, especially wearing a suit, since it takes very little energy
to cinch the belt up nice and tight. But you need a screwdriver to
adjust the fit, so if you like to wear the belt at different tightness
for different lifts, it's a pain in the arse.

I actually do my suited deadlifts with the lever open - that leaves it
slightly looser than I'd like but my deadlift suit seems to squeeze my
torso down and out more than my squat suit, so I can barely close the
lever and feel way too constricted setting up. But without the suit,
the same fit for both lifts works fine.

John Hanson
February 10th 04, 11:45 PM
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:00:06 GMT, "Publius Enigma"
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>I was wonder if anyone had any opinions on which is better between the 1 and
>2 prong buckles on powerlifting belts?

Never use a 2 prong. It's more difficult to cinch than a 1 prong.

Publius Enigma
February 11th 04, 01:20 AM
Yea I just bought a 1 prong tonight and it's hard enough to close that. I
didn't realize how much harder powerlifting belts were to put on as compared
to a bodybuilding belt.