PDA

View Full Version : well, Freides was right

Jim Janney[_2_]
January 5th 10, 07:25 PM
Last night I did 5 clean/press/pullup ladders of 1+2+3+4+5, for a
total of 75 reps. Took about 50 minutes altogether. I thought I had
my training all planned out for the next few months, and now I'm there
already.

--
Jim Janney

Steve Freides[_2_]
January 5th 10, 07:58 PM
Jim Janney wrote:
> Last night I did 5 clean/press/pullup ladders of 1+2+3+4+5, for a
> total of 75 reps. Took about 50 minutes altogether. I thought I had
> my training all planned out for the next few months, and now I'm there
> already.

Good man, Jim!

Back off for a few days or a week, then give it a go again from the
beginning with 20 kg.

I am doing the Viking Warrior Conditioning thing, only once a week but
man, is it ever turbo-charging the rest of my training. My work
capacity is growing steadily.

If you haven't already, you might also go for a max reps test w/ the 16
on either the press or the c&p - I'd vote for just the press. I'll bet
you're at 10 or more reps. I like to do a short warmup set, maybe 1-3
reps, each side, rest 5-10 minutes, then go for a max. If you try it,
let us know how it goes.

If you don't own 20 kg bells, I'll tell you what I did with 1"
('standard') plates and duct tape when I needed a size I didn't have.

Good work, sir!

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Jason Earl[_2_]
January 5th 10, 08:03 PM
Jim Janney > writes:

> Last night I did 5 clean/press/pullup ladders of 1+2+3+4+5, for a
> total of 75 reps. Took about 50 minutes altogether. I thought I had
> my training all planned out for the next few months, and now I'm there
> already.

Congratulations. Now add snatches.

Actually, I am not sure what the next progression should be. I just
thought that sounded funny.

Jason

Steve Freides[_2_]
January 5th 10, 09:55 PM
Jason Earl wrote:
> Jim Janney > writes:
>
>> Last night I did 5 clean/press/pullup ladders of 1+2+3+4+5, for a
>> total of 75 reps. Took about 50 minutes altogether. I thought I had
>> my training all planned out for the next few months, and now I'm
>> there already.
>
> Congratulations. Now add snatches.
>
> Actually, I am not sure what the next progression should be. I just
> thought that sounded funny.
>
> Jason

"Enter The Kettlebell" has the progressions spelled out, and snatches
are in there, too. One of the "requirements" of the second book,
entitled, "Return of The Kettlebell", is completing the snatch
requirement in ETK.

So - you were right. :)

http://www.kbnj.com/etk.htm - Enter The Kettlebell

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Jim Janney[_2_]
January 5th 10, 10:25 PM
Jason Earl > writes:

> Jim Janney > writes:
>
>> Last night I did 5 clean/press/pullup ladders of 1+2+3+4+5, for a
>> total of 75 reps. Took about 50 minutes altogether. I thought I had
>> my training all planned out for the next few months, and now I'm there
>> already.
>
> Congratulations. Now add snatches.
>
> Actually, I am not sure what the next progression should be. I just
> thought that sounded funny.

Thanks. Snatches are going to have to wait for spring: I want to be
outside while I'm learning to do them. Right now I'll probably focus
on swings again.

--
Jim Janney