PDA

View Full Version : Re: There appears to be...

Jason Earl[_2_]
August 15th 10, 08:23 PM
On Sun, Aug 15 2010, mike moore wrote:

> ...enough mama's boys in this news group to make a Progressive
> Insurance commercial.

I am pretty sure that I have seen at least one Progressive Insurance
commercial where there were no "mama's boys."

Jason

Jason Earl[_2_]
August 16th 10, 02:36 AM
On Sun, Aug 15 2010, mike moore wrote:

> On Aug 15, 3:23*pm, Jason Earl > wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 15 2010, mike moore wrote:
>> > ...enough mama's boys in this news group to make a Progressive
>> > Insurance commercial.
>>
>> I am pretty sure that I have seen at least one Progressive Insurance
>> commercial where there were no "mama's boys."
>>
>> Jason
>
> Well maybe. There was the one with the motorcycle guy. Steve McQueen
> wannabe. But the jury is still out on him...

My point was that it doesn't appear to take very many mama's boys to
make a Progressive commercial. So either your insult was poorly thought
out, or you were making a generalization about the group that has
escaped me completely.

Either way, perhaps you should start again. As a little tip, if you are
trying to say that you believe that the people that post on MFW are
mama's boys then you should make that clear. Something along the lines
of:

This is the sorriest bunch of mama's boys I have ever seen.

might be more appropriate. I am fairly sure that's what you meant.
Unfortunately, it appears that you tried to get clever and then failed
miserably.

Perhaps if you worked up to it you'll do better next time.

Jason

Just Plain Burr
August 16th 10, 02:43 AM
Give'm hell Jason!
--
Burr
Big, Lean, Mean and Clean

I belong to The Tea Party, I Vote

"Jason Earl" > wrote in message
> On Sun, Aug 15 2010, mike moore wrote:

> Perhaps if you worked up to it you'll do better next time.
>
> Jason

Jason Earl[_2_]
August 16th 10, 10:44 PM
On Mon, Aug 16 2010, mike moore wrote:

> On Aug 15, 9:36*pm, Jason Earl > wrote:

>> > Well maybe. There was the one with the motorcycle guy. Steve
>> > McQueen wannabe. But the jury is still out on him...
>>
>> My point was that it doesn't appear to take very many mama's boys to
>> make a Progressive commercial. So either your insult was poorly
>> thought out, or you were making a generalization about the group that
>> has escaped me completely.
>>
>> Either way, perhaps you should start again. As a little tip, if you
>> are trying to say that you believe that the people that post on MFW
>> are mama's boys then you should make that clear. Something along the
>> lines of:
>>
>> This is the sorriest bunch of mama's boys I have ever seen.
>>
>> might be more appropriate. I am fairly sure that's what you meant.
>> Unfortunately, it appears that you tried to get clever and then
>> failed miserably.
>>
>> Perhaps if you worked up to it you'll do better next time.
>>
>> Jason
>
> Not trying to be clever, Fife.

"Fife?" I like that. Is that also a slight that I simply don't
understand? This time I am considerably less tongue in cheek. Fife, to
me sounds martial and cool. Like the sort of nickname that someone
would actually like to have.

Go ahead and laugh if it is a slang term that I am unaware of, and if it
is ridiculously crude don't feel like you have to fill me in on the
details.

> Just callin em like I see em.

So are you saying it was supposed to be an insult? Because it really
was pretty unclear. Clarity is critical when it comes to usenet.

Assuming that your aim was to insult is there something in particular
that lead you to believe that those of us who post here are mama's boys?
I have been doing the bulk of the posting lately, and I must admit that
I do think that my mother is an extraordinary woman, but I am not sure
how you would be able to ascertain that from what I have posted.

I would say that you must have a fancy newsreader or something, but it
appears that you are posting from google groups.

Jason