PDA

View Full Version : sciatica

Bob
February 22nd 04, 05:48 PM
Have you had it? What did you to relieve the pain, get rid of it?

Oh me, it hurts!

--
Bob

John HUDSON
February 22nd 04, 06:04 PM
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:48:12 -0500, "Bob" >
wrote:

>Have you had it? What did you to relieve the pain, get rid of it?
>
>Oh me, it hurts!

You have my sympathy; it is so painful and I had it for over two years
and could never find a comfortable position.

I used to get temporary relief from periodic spinal traction but the
final answer, and I have not had a twinge since, was two epidural
injections - ah.... peace and no pain.

It may just work for you.

David Cohen
February 22nd 04, 06:30 PM
"Bob" > wrote
> Have you had it?

Yes. For many years.

>What did you to relieve the pain, get rid of it?

Inversion therapy. 90% improved in one day, 99% improved in one week,
sciatica-free for many years with occasional inversion...a few times a
week.

> Oh me, it hurts!

Yes. I know.

David

Steve Freides
February 22nd 04, 11:48 PM
"Bob" > wrote in message
> Have you had it? What did you to relieve the pain, get rid of it?
>
> Oh me, it hurts!

Read up on what some experts say. Try things by Dr. Sarno and by Robin
McKenzie. McKenzie's book was what kept me out of surgery.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Oldman
February 23rd 04, 04:57 AM
Bob wrote:
> Have you had it? What did you to relieve the pain, get rid of it?
>
> Oh me, it hurts!

Makes sure your bed is not to soft. You may have to put a 3/4 inch
piece of plywood under your side to stiffen it. I have found if you put a
large pillow between my legs and sleep on my side with my legs straight
really helps. Also when it bothers me I will use a heating pad on my lower
back when sitting in a chair and when I sleep at night.

Wayne S. Hill
February 23rd 04, 02:26 PM
Oldman wrote:

> I have found if you put a large pillow between my legs and
> sleep on my side with my legs straight really helps.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

--
-Wayne

Lee Michaels
February 23rd 04, 02:32 PM
"Wayne S. Hill" makes another naughty inference

> Oldman wrote:
>
> > I have found if you put a large pillow between my legs and
> > sleep on my side with my legs straight really helps.
>
> Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Now, now Wayne.

Maybe his "pillow life" may be the secret to his otherly universe training
results!!

gps
February 24th 04, 04:03 AM
David Cohen wrote:

> "Bob" > wrote
> > Have you had it?
>
> Yes. For many years.
>
> >What did you to relieve the pain, get rid of it?
>
> Inversion therapy. 90% improved in one day, 99% improved in one week,
> sciatica-free for many years with occasional inversion...a few times a
> week.

What did you use for inversion?
ps

gps
February 24th 04, 04:05 AM
"Wayne S. Hill" wrote:

> Oldman wrote:
>
> > I have found if you put a large pillow between my legs and
> > sleep on my side with my legs straight really helps.
>
> Not that there's anything wrong with that.
>
> --
> -Wayne

Ordinarily I agree with you Wayne, but I think there are several things
which are terribly wrong with that.
ps

Play4aBuck
February 24th 04, 05:13 AM
gps wrote in message >...

>Ordinarily I agree with you Wayne, but I think there are several things
>which are terribly wrong with that.
>ps

Like what?

Cheers,
Jim

Proton Soup
February 24th 04, 05:25 AM
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 05:13:24 GMT, "Play4aBuck" >
wrote:

>gps wrote in message >...
>>
>>Ordinarily I agree with you Wayne, but I think there are several things
>>which are terribly wrong with that.
>>ps
>
>Like what?

I'm reminded of a movie staring Steve Martin and John Candy.

Proton Soup

David Cohen
February 24th 04, 07:04 AM
"gps" > wrote
> David Cohen wrote:
> > "Bob" > wrote
> > > Have you had it?
> >
> > Yes. For many years.
> >
> > >What did you to relieve the pain, get rid of it?
> >
> > Inversion therapy. 90% improved in one day, 99% improved in one
week,
> > sciatica-free for many years with occasional inversion...a few
times a
> > week.
>
> What did you use for inversion?

A "Hang Ups" brand tilt table, looks like
http://www.inversion-table-direct.com/catalog/Inversion_Table_Superstore/HangUps_F5000_Inversion_Table

I didn't buy it there, and know nothing about that site, by the
way...just an example.

David

Wayne S. Hill
February 24th 04, 01:51 PM
David Cohen wrote:

> "gps" > wrote
>
>> What did you use for inversion?
>
> A "Hang Ups" brand tilt table, looks like
> http://DavidCohenisascumsuckingspammer.com
>
> I didn't buy it there, and know nothing about that site, by
> the way...just an example.

Riiiight.

--
-Wayne

David Cohen
February 24th 04, 02:36 PM
"Wayne S. Hill" > wrote
> David Cohen wrote:
> > "gps" > wrote
> >
> >> What did you use for inversion?
> >
> > A "Hang Ups" brand tilt table, looks like
> > http://DavidCohenisascumsuckingspammer.com
> >
> > I didn't buy it there, and know nothing about that site, by
> > the way...just an example.
>
> Riiiight.

Well, you can just forget your commission this month!

David

Wayne S. Hill
February 24th 04, 02:54 PM
David Cohen wrote:
> "Wayne S. Hill" > wrote
>> David Cohen wrote:
>> > "gps" > wrote

>> > A "Hang Ups" brand tilt table, looks like
>> > http://DavidCohenisascumsuckingspammer.com
>> >
>> > I didn't buy it there, and know nothing about that site,
>> > by the way...just an example.
>>
>> Riiiight.
>
> Well, you can just forget your commission this month!

Oops. Didn't think of that.

--
-Wayne

gps
February 26th 04, 02:59 AM
David Cohen wrote:

> "gps" > wrote
> > David Cohen wrote:
> > > "Bob" > wrote
> > >
> > > Yes. For many years.

> > > Inversion therapy. 90% improved in one day, 99% improved in one
> week,
> > > sciatica-free for many years with occasional inversion...a few
> times a
> > > week.
> >
> > What did you use for inversion?
>
> A "Hang Ups" brand tilt table, looks like
> http://www.inversion-table-direct.com/catalog/Inversion_Table_Superstore/HangUps_F5000_Inversion_Table

Cool, thanks.

> I didn't buy it there, and know nothing about that site, by the
> way...just an example.
>
> David

Your disclaimer is not satisfactory. You'll be hearing from my lawyers.