PDA

View Full Version : muscle failure

srw
March 5th 04, 03:00 PM
Hi,

At approximately what rep should I be experienceing muscle failure?
Currently its about 16.
The person who I train with seems to think this is fine, but I was under
the impression that I should be switching to higher weights now.

Rgds

srw

John HUDSON
March 5th 04, 03:26 PM
On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:00:00 -0000, srw > wrote:

>Hi,
>
>At approximately what rep should I be experienceing muscle failure?
>Currently its about 16.
>The person who I train with seems to think this is fine, but I was under
>the impression that I should be switching to higher weights now.

You are in for some heavy duty abuse from some of our more abrasive
residents, if you ask such naive questions.

To ease your right of way, you may care to consider that 'maxing out'
really rather depends on the weight that you are using, and what your
aims are.

John HUDSON
March 5th 04, 03:26 PM
On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:00:00 -0000, srw > wrote:

>Hi,
>
>At approximately what rep should I be experienceing muscle failure?
>Currently its about 16.
>The person who I train with seems to think this is fine, but I was under
>the impression that I should be switching to higher weights now.

You are in for some heavy duty abuse from some of our more abrasive
residents, if you ask such naive questions.

To ease your right of way, you may care to consider that 'maxing out'
really rather depends on the weight that you are using, and what your
aims are.

Keith Hobman
March 5th 04, 05:28 PM
In article >, John HUDSON
> wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:00:00 -0000, srw > wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >At approximately what rep should I be experienceing muscle failure?
> >Currently its about 16.
> >The person who I train with seems to think this is fine, but I was under
> >the impression that I should be switching to higher weights now.
>
> You are in for some heavy duty abuse from some of our more abrasive
> residents, if you ask such naive questions.
>
> To ease your right of way, you may care to consider that 'maxing out'
> really rather depends on the weight that you are using, and what your
> aims are.

Depending on your goals there may be no need or advantage to working to
momentary muscle failure. In fact it can be counterproductive for almost
any goal to do so every set.

Keith Hobman
March 5th 04, 05:28 PM
In article >, John HUDSON
> wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:00:00 -0000, srw > wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >At approximately what rep should I be experienceing muscle failure?
> >Currently its about 16.
> >The person who I train with seems to think this is fine, but I was under
> >the impression that I should be switching to higher weights now.
>
> You are in for some heavy duty abuse from some of our more abrasive
> residents, if you ask such naive questions.
>
> To ease your right of way, you may care to consider that 'maxing out'
> really rather depends on the weight that you are using, and what your
> aims are.

Depending on your goals there may be no need or advantage to working to
momentary muscle failure. In fact it can be counterproductive for almost
any goal to do so every set.

John HUDSON
March 5th 04, 05:46 PM
On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 11:28:09 -0600, (Keith Hobman)
wrote:

>In article >, John HUDSON
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:00:00 -0000, srw > wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >At approximately what rep should I be experienceing muscle failure?
>> >Currently its about 16.
>> >The person who I train with seems to think this is fine, but I was under
>> >the impression that I should be switching to higher weights now.
>>
>> You are in for some heavy duty abuse from some of our more abrasive
>> residents, if you ask such naive questions.
>>
>> To ease your right of way, you may care to consider that 'maxing out'
>> really rather depends on the weight that you are using, and what your
>> aims are.
>
>Depending on your goals there may be no need or advantage to working to
>momentary muscle failure. In fact it can be counterproductive for almost
>any goal to do so every set.

I'd like to stay and chat Keith, but it's Friday (TF) and I must leave
for the week-end ........

I'm at Twickenham tomorrow for the England v Ireland 'clash'!! A
week-end of classic 'culture' and a meeting up with many old friends.
The west car-park will be humming!! ;o)

Have a good one mate!

TFIF!!

wrote:

>In article >, John HUDSON
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:00:00 -0000, srw > wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >At approximately what rep should I be experienceing muscle failure?
>> >Currently its about 16.
>> >The person who I train with seems to think this is fine, but I was under
>> >the impression that I should be switching to higher weights now.
>>
>> You are in for some heavy duty abuse from some of our more abrasive
>> residents, if you ask such naive questions.
>>
>> To ease your right of way, you may care to consider that 'maxing out'
>> really rather depends on the weight that you are using, and what your
>> aims are.
>
>Depending on your goals there may be no need or advantage to working to
>momentary muscle failure. In fact it can be counterproductive for almost
>any goal to do so every set.

I'd like to stay and chat Keith, but it's Friday (TF) and I must leave
for the week-end ........

I'm at Twickenham tomorrow for the England v Ireland 'clash'!! A
week-end of classic 'culture' and a meeting up with many old friends.
The west car-park will be humming!! ;o)

Have a good one mate!

TFIF!!

Keith Hobman
March 5th 04, 06:30 PM
In article >, John HUDSON
> wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 11:28:09 -0600, (Keith Hobman)
> wrote:
>
> >In article >, John HUDSON
> > wrote:

> >> You are in for some heavy duty abuse from some of our more abrasive
> >> residents, if you ask such naive questions.
> >>
> >> To ease your right of way, you may care to consider that 'maxing out'
> >> really rather depends on the weight that you are using, and what your
> >> aims are.
> >
> >Depending on your goals there may be no need or advantage to working to
> >momentary muscle failure. In fact it can be counterproductive for almost
> >any goal to do so every set.
>
> I'd like to stay and chat Keith, but it's Friday (TF) and I must leave
> for the week-end ........
>
> I'm at Twickenham tomorrow for the England v Ireland 'clash'!! A
> week-end of classic 'culture' and a meeting up with many old friends.
> The west car-park will be humming!! ;o)
>
> Have a good one mate!

It won't be as good as yours!

Ummm...

Go Irish!

:^)

You know what they say about staying on top. Easier to get there than stay
there. The number challenge for every team in the world now is to beat the
English.

Hope it's a beaut!

Keith Hobman
March 5th 04, 06:30 PM
In article >, John HUDSON
> wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 11:28:09 -0600, (Keith Hobman)
> wrote:
>
> >In article >, John HUDSON
> > wrote:

> >> You are in for some heavy duty abuse from some of our more abrasive
> >> residents, if you ask such naive questions.
> >>
> >> To ease your right of way, you may care to consider that 'maxing out'
> >> really rather depends on the weight that you are using, and what your
> >> aims are.
> >
> >Depending on your goals there may be no need or advantage to working to
> >momentary muscle failure. In fact it can be counterproductive for almost
> >any goal to do so every set.
>
> I'd like to stay and chat Keith, but it's Friday (TF) and I must leave
> for the week-end ........
>
> I'm at Twickenham tomorrow for the England v Ireland 'clash'!! A
> week-end of classic 'culture' and a meeting up with many old friends.
> The west car-park will be humming!! ;o)
>
> Have a good one mate!

It won't be as good as yours!

Ummm...

Go Irish!

:^)

You know what they say about staying on top. Easier to get there than stay
there. The number challenge for every team in the world now is to beat the
English.

Hope it's a beaut!

Stephen Mulholland
March 5th 04, 07:34 PM
"Keith Hobman" > wrote in message
> In article >, John HUDSON
> > wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 11:28:09 -0600, (Keith Hobman)
> > wrote:

> > >Depending on your goals there may be no need or advantage to working to
> > >momentary muscle failure. In fact it can be counterproductive for
almost
> > >any goal to do so every set.
> >
> > I'd like to stay and chat Keith, but it's Friday (TF) and I must leave
> > for the week-end ........
> >
> > I'm at Twickenham tomorrow for the England v Ireland 'clash'!! A
> > week-end of classic 'culture' and a meeting up with many old friends.
> > The west car-park will be humming!! ;o)
> >
> > Have a good one mate!
>
> It won't be as good as yours!
>
> Ummm...
>
> Go Irish!

Your cheque is in the mail, Keith.

Stephen

Stephen Mulholland
March 5th 04, 07:34 PM
"Keith Hobman" > wrote in message
> In article >, John HUDSON
> > wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 11:28:09 -0600, (Keith Hobman)
> > wrote:

> > >Depending on your goals there may be no need or advantage to working to
> > >momentary muscle failure. In fact it can be counterproductive for
almost
> > >any goal to do so every set.
> >
> > I'd like to stay and chat Keith, but it's Friday (TF) and I must leave
> > for the week-end ........
> >
> > I'm at Twickenham tomorrow for the England v Ireland 'clash'!! A
> > week-end of classic 'culture' and a meeting up with many old friends.
> > The west car-park will be humming!! ;o)
> >
> > Have a good one mate!
>
> It won't be as good as yours!
>
> Ummm...
>
> Go Irish!

Your cheque is in the mail, Keith.

Stephen

John HUDSON
March 5th 04, 09:35 PM
On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 12:30:18 -0600, (Keith Hobman)
wrote:

>In article >, John HUDSON
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 11:28:09 -0600, (Keith Hobman)
>> wrote:

>> >Depending on your goals there may be no need or advantage to working to
>> >momentary muscle failure. In fact it can be counterproductive for almost
>> >any goal to do so every set.
>>
>> I'd like to stay and chat Keith, but it's Friday (TF) and I must leave
>> for the week-end ........
>>
>> I'm at Twickenham tomorrow for the England v Ireland 'clash'!! A
>> week-end of classic 'culture' and a meeting up with many old friends.
>> The west car-park will be humming!! ;o)
>>
>> Have a good one mate!
>
>It won't be as good as yours!
>
>Ummm...
>
>Go Irish!

Ah, the underdog syndrome! ;o)

>:^)
>
>You know what they say about staying on top. Easier to get there than stay
>there. The number challenge for every team in the world now is to beat the
>English.
>
>Hope it's a beaut!

Thanks Keith; it promises to be a great day - but not necessarily for
the Irish!! ;o)

wrote:

>In article >, John HUDSON
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 11:28:09 -0600, (Keith Hobman)
>> wrote:

>> >Depending on your goals there may be no need or advantage to working to
>> >momentary muscle failure. In fact it can be counterproductive for almost
>> >any goal to do so every set.
>>
>> I'd like to stay and chat Keith, but it's Friday (TF) and I must leave
>> for the week-end ........
>>
>> I'm at Twickenham tomorrow for the England v Ireland 'clash'!! A
>> week-end of classic 'culture' and a meeting up with many old friends.
>> The west car-park will be humming!! ;o)
>>
>> Have a good one mate!
>
>It won't be as good as yours!
>
>Ummm...