PDA

View Full Version : Afghanistan has better gun lobby?

ATP
March 14th 04, 01:55 PM
According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
than we do.

sooky grumper
March 14th 04, 02:28 PM
ATP wrote:
> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
> every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
> than we do.

Go live there then :)

sooky grumper
March 14th 04, 02:28 PM
ATP wrote:
> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
> every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
> than we do.

Go live there then :)

sooky grumper
March 14th 04, 02:28 PM
ATP wrote:
> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
> every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
> than we do.

Go live there then :)

John Hanson
March 14th 04, 03:04 PM
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:55:37 GMT, "ATP" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
>every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
>have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
>than we do.

Depends on what the definition is of an assault rifle. If they define
it as an automatic weapon, then yes, they do have a right we don't
have. If they are referring to "ugly" semi-automatics, then they
don't as we can own an unlimited number of them. I happen to have a
few myself.

John Hanson
March 14th 04, 03:04 PM
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:55:37 GMT, "ATP" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
>every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
>have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
>than we do.

Depends on what the definition is of an assault rifle. If they define
it as an automatic weapon, then yes, they do have a right we don't
have. If they are referring to "ugly" semi-automatics, then they
don't as we can own an unlimited number of them. I happen to have a
few myself.

John Hanson
March 14th 04, 03:04 PM
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:55:37 GMT, "ATP" >
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
>every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
>have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
>than we do.

Depends on what the definition is of an assault rifle. If they define
it as an automatic weapon, then yes, they do have a right we don't
have. If they are referring to "ugly" semi-automatics, then they
don't as we can own an unlimited number of them. I happen to have a
few myself.

Cane
March 14th 04, 04:20 PM
"ATP" > wrote in message
et...

> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's
activities,
> every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If
they
> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more
rights
> than we do.

....and what a fine example of a country that is. Maybe when your brain gets
back from the cleaners, you should go there.

--
cane fireblade, r30

Cane
March 14th 04, 04:20 PM
"ATP" > wrote in message
et...

> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's
activities,
> every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If
they
> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more
rights
> than we do.

....and what a fine example of a country that is. Maybe when your brain gets
back from the cleaners, you should go there.

--
cane fireblade, r30

Cane
March 14th 04, 04:20 PM
"ATP" > wrote in message
et...

> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's
activities,
> every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If
they
> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more
rights
> than we do.

....and what a fine example of a country that is. Maybe when your brain gets
back from the cleaners, you should go there.

--
cane fireblade, r30

David Cohen
March 14th 04, 04:32 PM
"Cane" > wrote
> "ATP" > wrote
>
> > According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's
> activities,
> > every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault
rifle. If
> they
> > have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot
more
> rights
> > than we do.
>
> ...and what a fine example of a country that is. Maybe when your
brain gets
> back from the cleaners, you should go there.

Yeah! It's obvious to all that the right to own one assault rifle is
EXACTLY what has lead to the current state of affairs in Afghanistan.
Those other minor factors, over a few thousand years of history, are
totally irrelevant. It's the assault rifle, dammit!!

I bet Walt is happy you came along to explain that to him.

I we Todd did.
I sofa king we Todd did.

David Cohen
March 14th 04, 04:32 PM
"Cane" > wrote
> "ATP" > wrote
>
> > According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's
> activities,
> > every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault
rifle. If
> they
> > have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot
more
> rights
> > than we do.
>
> ...and what a fine example of a country that is. Maybe when your
brain gets
> back from the cleaners, you should go there.

Yeah! It's obvious to all that the right to own one assault rifle is
EXACTLY what has lead to the current state of affairs in Afghanistan.
Those other minor factors, over a few thousand years of history, are
totally irrelevant. It's the assault rifle, dammit!!

I bet Walt is happy you came along to explain that to him.

I we Todd did.
I sofa king we Todd did.

David Cohen
March 14th 04, 04:32 PM
"Cane" > wrote
> "ATP" > wrote
>
> > According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's
> activities,
> > every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault
rifle. If
> they
> > have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot
more
> rights
> > than we do.
>
> ...and what a fine example of a country that is. Maybe when your
brain gets
> back from the cleaners, you should go there.

Yeah! It's obvious to all that the right to own one assault rifle is
EXACTLY what has lead to the current state of affairs in Afghanistan.
Those other minor factors, over a few thousand years of history, are
totally irrelevant. It's the assault rifle, dammit!!

I bet Walt is happy you came along to explain that to him.

I we Todd did.
I sofa king we Todd did.

Cane
March 14th 04, 04:38 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
link.net...

> > ...and what a fine example of a country that is. Maybe when your
> brain gets
> > back from the cleaners, you should go there.
>
> Yeah! It's obvious to all that the right to own one assault rifle is
> EXACTLY what has lead to the current state of affairs in Afghanistan.
> Those other minor factors, over a few thousand years of history, are
> totally irrelevant. It's the assault rifle, dammit!!
>
> I bet Walt is happy you came along to explain that to him.

Nah, I bet he's doesn't read it.

--
cane fireblade, r30

Cane
March 14th 04, 04:38 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
link.net...

> > ...and what a fine example of a country that is. Maybe when your
> brain gets
> > back from the cleaners, you should go there.
>
> Yeah! It's obvious to all that the right to own one assault rifle is
> EXACTLY what has lead to the current state of affairs in Afghanistan.
> Those other minor factors, over a few thousand years of history, are
> totally irrelevant. It's the assault rifle, dammit!!
>
> I bet Walt is happy you came along to explain that to him.

Nah, I bet he's doesn't read it.

--
cane fireblade, r30

Cane
March 14th 04, 04:38 PM
"David Cohen" > wrote in message
link.net...

> > ...and what a fine example of a country that is. Maybe when your
> brain gets
> > back from the cleaners, you should go there.
>
> Yeah! It's obvious to all that the right to own one assault rifle is
> EXACTLY what has lead to the current state of affairs in Afghanistan.
> Those other minor factors, over a few thousand years of history, are
> totally irrelevant. It's the assault rifle, dammit!!
>
> I bet Walt is happy you came along to explain that to him.

Nah, I bet he's doesn't read it.

--
cane fireblade, r30

Will Brink
March 14th 04, 07:06 PM
In article >,
"ATP" > wrote:

> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
> every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle.

As they do in Iraq. Go figure.

--
http://www.brinkzone.com/

Will Brink
March 14th 04, 07:06 PM

--
http://www.brinkzone.com/

Will Brink
March 14th 04, 07:06 PM

--
http://www.brinkzone.com/

TX_Dude
March 14th 04, 08:31 PM
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:20:31 -0000, "Cane" >
wrote:

>"ATP" > wrote in message
et...

>> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's
>activities,
>> every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If
>they
>> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more
>rights
>> than we do.
>
>...and what a fine example of a country that is. Maybe when your brain gets
>back from the cleaners, you should go there.

Naaa......if I had to move I'd rather move to Switzerland.
There the government gives you a real assault weapon
(with ammo).

wrote:

et...

wrote:

>"ATP" > wrote in message
et...

>> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's
>activities,
>> every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If
>they
>> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more
>rights
>> than we do.
>
>...and what a fine example of a country that is. Maybe when your brain gets
>back from the cleaners, you should go there.

Naaa......if I had to move I'd rather move to Switzerland.
There the government gives you a real assault weapon
(with ammo).

ATP
March 14th 04, 09:17 PM
David Cohen wrote:
> "Cane" > wrote
>> "ATP" > wrote
>>
>>> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's
>>> activities, every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one
>>> assault
> rifle. If
>> they
>>> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot
> more
>> rights
>>> than we do.
>>
>> ...and what a fine example of a country that is. Maybe when your
>> brain gets back from the cleaners, you should go there.
>
> Yeah! It's obvious to all that the right to own one assault rifle is
> EXACTLY what has lead to the current state of affairs in Afghanistan.
> Those other minor factors, over a few thousand years of history, are
> totally irrelevant. It's the assault rifle, dammit!!
>
> I bet Walt is happy you came along to explain that to him.
>
> David

Thanks, David. BTW, I hope you have a really good apology prepared this
Easter :-)

In all seriousness, Afghanistan and some of the mountainous areas of
Pakistan are places where you really need an assault rifle. I do find it
interesting and ironic that we acknowledge that reality and allow the people
to have one. It sounds like a smart policy to me, a total prohibition would
be extremely counterproductive and leave every family vulnerable to outlaws
and hooligans. In contrast, on Long Island, we currently need handguns for
Masonic initiations.

ATP
March 14th 04, 09:17 PM

David Cohen wrote:
> "Cane" > wrote
>> "ATP" > wrote
>>
>>> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's
>>> activities, every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one
>>> assault
> rifle. If
>> they
>>> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot
> more
>> rights
>>> than we do.
>>
>> ...and what a fine example of a country that is. Maybe when your
>> brain gets back from the cleaners, you should go there.
>
> Yeah! It's obvious to all that the right to own one assault rifle is
> EXACTLY what has lead to the current state of affairs in Afghanistan.
> Those other minor factors, over a few thousand years of history, are
> totally irrelevant. It's the assault rifle, dammit!!
>
> I bet Walt is happy you came along to explain that to him.
>
> David

Thanks, David. BTW, I hope you have a really good apology prepared this
Easter :-)

In all seriousness, Afghanistan and some of the mountainous areas of
Pakistan are places where you really need an assault rifle. I do find it
interesting and ironic that we acknowledge that reality and allow the people
to have one. It sounds like a smart policy to me, a total prohibition would
be extremely counterproductive and leave every family vulnerable to outlaws
and hooligans. In contrast, on Long Island, we currently need handguns for
Masonic initiations.

David Cohen
March 14th 04, 10:45 PM
"ATP" > wrote
> David Cohen wrote:
> > "Cane" > wrote
> >> "ATP" > wrote

> > rifle. If
> >> they
> > more
> >> rights
> >>
> >> ...and what a fine example of a country that is. Maybe when your
> >> brain gets back from the cleaners, you should go there.
> >
> > Yeah! It's obvious to all that the right to own one assault rifle
is
> > EXACTLY what has lead to the current state of affairs in
Afghanistan.
> > Those other minor factors, over a few thousand years of history,
are
> > totally irrelevant. It's the assault rifle, dammit!!
> >
> > I bet Walt is happy you came along to explain that to him.
> >
> > David
>
> Thanks, David. BTW, I hope you have a really good apology prepared
this
> Easter :-)

Thanks to Mel Gibson, it's gonna' have be a REAL good one.

> In all seriousness, Afghanistan and some of the mountainous areas of
> Pakistan are places where you really need an assault rifle. I do
find it
> interesting and ironic that we acknowledge that reality and allow
the people
> to have one. It sounds like a smart policy to me, a total
prohibition would
> be extremely counterproductive and leave every family vulnerable to
outlaws
> and hooligans. In contrast, on Long Island, we currently need
handguns for
> Masonic initiations.

Yup. I hear Fresno is considering a law prohibiting incestuous Black
guys from owning guns.

There is no problem that a law can't fix.

David

David Cohen
March 14th 04, 10:45 PM
"ATP" > wrote
> [...]

> Easter :-)

Thanks to Mel Gibson, it's gonna' have be a REAL good one.

> In all seriousness, Afghanistan and some of the mountainous areas of
> Pakistan are places where you really need an assault rifle. I do
find it
> interesting and ironic that we acknowledge that reality and allow
the people
> to have one. It sounds like a smart policy to me, a total
prohibition would
> be extremely counterproductive and leave every family vulnerable to
outlaws
> and hooligans. In contrast, on Long Island, we currently need
handguns for
> Masonic initiations.

Yup. I hear Fresno is considering a law prohibiting incestuous Black
guys from owning guns.

There is no problem that a law can't fix.

March 15th 04, 12:01 AM
On 14 Mar 2004 23:44:23 GMT, Ignoramus10317
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>In article >, ATP wrote:
>> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
>> every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
>> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
>> than we do.
>>

>Not only that, but also, their "assault rifles" are fully automatic
>submachine guns. In addition to that, they are allowed to open carry
>them.
>
>My household owns an assault rifle in the perverted US definition, a
>semiautomaic high capacity rifle. Unfortunately, I cannot carry it.

I can.

>On the other hand, my house is not in any immediate danger of being
>obliterated by a C-130's 150mm automatic cannon, which is kind of
>nice.

John Hanson
March 15th 04, 12:01 AM
On 14 Mar 2004 23:44:23 GMT, Ignoramus10317
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>In article >, ATP wrote:
>> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
>> every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
>> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
>> than we do.
>>

>Not only that, but also, their "assault rifles" are fully automatic
>submachine guns. In addition to that, they are allowed to open carry
>them.
>
>My household owns an assault rifle in the perverted US definition, a
>semiautomaic high capacity rifle. Unfortunately, I cannot carry it.

I can.

>On the other hand, my house is not in any immediate danger of being
>obliterated by a C-130's 150mm automatic cannon, which is kind of
>nice.

John Hanson
March 15th 04, 12:01 AM
On 14 Mar 2004 23:44:23 GMT, Ignoramus10317
> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>In article >, ATP wrote:
>> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
>> every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
>> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
>> than we do.
>>

>Not only that, but also, their "assault rifles" are fully automatic
>submachine guns. In addition to that, they are allowed to open carry
>them.
>
>My household owns an assault rifle in the perverted US definition, a
>semiautomaic high capacity rifle. Unfortunately, I cannot carry it.

I can.

>On the other hand, my house is not in any immediate danger of being
>obliterated by a C-130's 150mm automatic cannon, which is kind of
>nice.

David Cohen
March 15th 04, 12:02 AM
"Ignoramus10317" > wrote
> ATP wrote:
> > According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's
activities,
> > every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault
rifle. If they
> > have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot
more rights
> > than we do.

> Not only that, but also, their "assault rifles" are fully automatic
> submachine guns.

Well, no. They are fully automatic rifles, not submachine guns. Small
point. Hate to bring it up.

> In addition to that, they are allowed to open carry
> them.

As opposed to ? "Is that an AK-47 in your pocket, or are you just glad
to see me?"

> My household owns an assault rifle in the perverted US definition, a
> semiautomaic high capacity rifle. Unfortunately, I cannot carry it.

I can, but my Mini 14 clashes with my shorts-and-tee-shirt wardrobe.

"I think Cohen and Kneller should form a new organization, the HAJNB
(Heavily-Armed Jewish NurseBoys)"-John Williams

David Cohen
March 15th 04, 12:02 AM
"Ignoramus10317" > wrote
> ATP wrote:
> > According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's
activities,
> > every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault
rifle. If they
> > have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot
more rights
> > than we do.

> Not only that, but also, their "assault rifles" are fully automatic
> submachine guns.

Well, no. They are fully automatic rifles, not submachine guns. Small
point. Hate to bring it up.

> In addition to that, they are allowed to open carry
> them.

As opposed to ? "Is that an AK-47 in your pocket, or are you just glad
to see me?"

> My household owns an assault rifle in the perverted US definition, a
> semiautomaic high capacity rifle. Unfortunately, I cannot carry it.

I can, but my Mini 14 clashes with my shorts-and-tee-shirt wardrobe.

"I think Cohen and Kneller should form a new organization, the HAJNB
(Heavily-Armed Jewish NurseBoys)"-John Williams

David Cohen
March 15th 04, 12:02 AM
"Ignoramus10317" > wrote
> ATP wrote:
> > According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's
activities,
> > every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault
rifle. If they
> > have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot
more rights
> > than we do.

> Not only that, but also, their "assault rifles" are fully automatic
> submachine guns.

Well, no. They are fully automatic rifles, not submachine guns. Small
point. Hate to bring it up.

> In addition to that, they are allowed to open carry
> them.

As opposed to ? "Is that an AK-47 in your pocket, or are you just glad
to see me?"

> My household owns an assault rifle in the perverted US definition, a
> semiautomaic high capacity rifle. Unfortunately, I cannot carry it.

I can, but my Mini 14 clashes with my shorts-and-tee-shirt wardrobe.

"I think Cohen and Kneller should form a new organization, the HAJNB
(Heavily-Armed Jewish NurseBoys)"-John Williams

Lee Michaels
March 15th 04, 12:32 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote

> I can, but my Mini 14 clashes with my shorts-and-tee-shirt wardrobe.

Not to mention the sword.

Lee Michaels
March 15th 04, 12:32 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote

> I can, but my Mini 14 clashes with my shorts-and-tee-shirt wardrobe.

Not to mention the sword.

Lee Michaels
March 15th 04, 12:32 AM
"David Cohen" > wrote

> I can, but my Mini 14 clashes with my shorts-and-tee-shirt wardrobe.

Not to mention the sword.

David Cohen
March 15th 04, 01:59 AM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote
> >
> > I can, but my Mini 14 clashes with my shorts-and-tee-shirt
wardrobe.

> Not to mention the sword.

I don't know. I think the sword sort of complements the look of the
rifle, in a "Humans? The Undead? Whatever!" kind of way.

David

David Cohen
March 15th 04, 01:59 AM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote
> >
> > I can, but my Mini 14 clashes with my shorts-and-tee-shirt
wardrobe.

> Not to mention the sword.

I don't know. I think the sword sort of complements the look of the
rifle, in a "Humans? The Undead? Whatever!" kind of way.

David

David Cohen
March 15th 04, 01:59 AM
"Lee Michaels" > wrote
> "David Cohen" > wrote
> >
> > I can, but my Mini 14 clashes with my shorts-and-tee-shirt
wardrobe.

> Not to mention the sword.

I don't know. I think the sword sort of complements the look of the
rifle, in a "Humans? The Undead? Whatever!" kind of way.

David

Lucas Buck
March 15th 04, 03:19 AM
On 14 Mar 2004 23:44:23 GMT, Ignoramus10317 > wrote:

>In article >, ATP wrote:
>> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
>> every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
>> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
>> than we do.
>>

>Not only that, but also, their "assault rifles" are fully automatic
>submachine guns. In addition to that, they are allowed to open carry
>them.
>
>My household owns an assault rifle in the perverted US definition, a
>semiautomaic high capacity rifle. Unfortunately, I cannot carry it.

Start with light dumbbells, then work your strength up over time.

Lucas Buck
March 15th 04, 03:19 AM
On 14 Mar 2004 23:44:23 GMT, Ignoramus10317 > wrote:

>In article >, ATP wrote:
>> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
>> every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
>> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
>> than we do.
>>

>Not only that, but also, their "assault rifles" are fully automatic
>submachine guns. In addition to that, they are allowed to open carry
>them.
>
>My household owns an assault rifle in the perverted US definition, a
>semiautomaic high capacity rifle. Unfortunately, I cannot carry it.

Start with light dumbbells, then work your strength up over time.

Lucas Buck
March 15th 04, 03:19 AM
On 14 Mar 2004 23:44:23 GMT, Ignoramus10317 > wrote:

>In article >, ATP wrote:
>> According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
>> every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
>> have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
>> than we do.
>>

>Not only that, but also, their "assault rifles" are fully automatic
>submachine guns. In addition to that, they are allowed to open carry
>them.
>
>My household owns an assault rifle in the perverted US definition, a
>semiautomaic high capacity rifle. Unfortunately, I cannot carry it.

Start with light dumbbells, then work your strength up over time.

Lucas Buck
March 15th 04, 03:20 AM
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 01:59:18 GMT, "David Cohen" > wrote:

>"Lee Michaels" > wrote
>> "David Cohen" > wrote
>> >
>> > I can, but my Mini 14 clashes with my shorts-and-tee-shirt
>wardrobe.
>> >
>> Not to mention the sword.
>
>I don't know. I think the sword sort of complements the look of the
>rifle, in a "Humans? The Undead? Whatever!" kind of way.
>
>David

In the end, there can be Only One.

Lucas Buck
March 15th 04, 03:20 AM
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 01:59:18 GMT, "David Cohen" > wrote:

>"Lee Michaels" > wrote
>> "David Cohen" > wrote
>> >
>> > I can, but my Mini 14 clashes with my shorts-and-tee-shirt
>wardrobe.
>> >
>> Not to mention the sword.
>
>I don't know. I think the sword sort of complements the look of the
>rifle, in a "Humans? The Undead? Whatever!" kind of way.
>
>David

In the end, there can be Only One.

Lucas Buck
March 15th 04, 03:20 AM
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 01:59:18 GMT, "David Cohen" > wrote:

>"Lee Michaels" > wrote
>> "David Cohen" > wrote
>> >
>> > I can, but my Mini 14 clashes with my shorts-and-tee-shirt
>wardrobe.
>> >
>> Not to mention the sword.
>
>I don't know. I think the sword sort of complements the look of the
>rifle, in a "Humans? The Undead? Whatever!" kind of way.
>
>David

In the end, there can be Only One.

Lucas Buck
March 15th 04, 03:51 AM
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:45:56 GMT, "David Cohen" > wrote:

>"ATP" > wrote
>> David Cohen wrote:
>> > "Cane" > wrote

>one
>> > rifle. If
>> > more

>> > Yeah! It's obvious to all that the right to own one assault rifle
>is
>> > EXACTLY what has lead to the current state of affairs in
>Afghanistan.
>> > Those other minor factors, over a few thousand years of history,
>are
>> > totally irrelevant. It's the assault rifle, dammit!!
>> >
>> > I bet Walt is happy you came along to explain that to him.
>> >
>> > David
>>
>> Thanks, David. BTW, I hope you have a really good apology prepared
>this
>> Easter :-)
>
>Thanks to Mel Gibson, it's gonna' have be a REAL good one.
>
>> In all seriousness, Afghanistan and some of the mountainous areas of
>> Pakistan are places where you really need an assault rifle. I do
>find it
>> interesting and ironic that we acknowledge that reality and allow
>the people
>> to have one. It sounds like a smart policy to me, a total
>prohibition would
>> be extremely counterproductive and leave every family vulnerable to
>outlaws
>> and hooligans. In contrast, on Long Island, we currently need
>handguns for
>> Masonic initiations.
>
>Yup. I hear Fresno is considering a law prohibiting incestuous Black
>guys from owning guns.

You'd think the idjits would have thought it a bit odd way back to his first marriage:
a 27-year-old male marrying a 15-year-old.

> [...]

>> Pakistan are places where you really need an assault rifle. I do
>find it
>> interesting and ironic that we acknowledge that reality and allow
>the people
>> to have one. It sounds like a smart policy to me, a total
>prohibition would
>> be extremely counterproductive and leave every family vulnerable to
>outlaws
>> and hooligans. In contrast, on Long Island, we currently need
>handguns for
>> Masonic initiations.
>
>Yup. I hear Fresno is considering a law prohibiting incestuous Black
>guys from owning guns.

You'd think the idjits would have thought it a bit odd way back to his first marriage:
a 27-year-old male marrying a 15-year-old.

>There is no problem that a law can't fix.

ATP
March 15th 04, 04:47 AM
David Cohen wrote:
> "ATP" > wrote
>> David Cohen wrote:
>>> "Cane" > wrote

>>> rifle. If
>>> more

>>> Yeah! It's obvious to all that the right to own one assault rifle is
>>> EXACTLY what has lead to the current state of affairs in
>>> Afghanistan. Those other minor factors, over a few thousand years
>>> of history, are totally irrelevant. It's the assault rifle, dammit!!
>>>
>>> I bet Walt is happy you came along to explain that to him.
>>>
>>> David
>>
>> Thanks, David. BTW, I hope you have a really good apology prepared
>> this Easter :-)
>
> Thanks to Mel Gibson, it's gonna' have be a REAL good one.
>
>> In all seriousness, Afghanistan and some of the mountainous areas of
>> Pakistan are places where you really need an assault rifle. I do
>> find it interesting and ironic that we acknowledge that reality and
>> allow the people to have one. It sounds like a smart policy to me, a
>> total prohibition would be extremely counterproductive and leave
>> every family vulnerable to outlaws and hooligans. In contrast, on
>> Long Island, we currently need handguns for Masonic initiations.
>
> Yup. I hear Fresno is considering a law prohibiting incestuous Black
> guys from owning guns.

I missed that one. In the Masonic incident, the guy conducting the
initiation had two guns, one in each pocket. One was loaded and the other
was a starter pistol. He evidently took the wrong gun out and put a bullet
in the guy's head. The widow declined the chapter's offer to conduct a
Mason's funeral.

http://www.iht.com/articles/509622.html

> There is no problem that a law can't fix.
>
> David

ATP
March 15th 04, 04:47 AM
David Cohen wrote:
> "ATP" > wrote
>> David Cohen wrote:
>>> "Cane" > wrote

>>> rifle. If
>>> more

>>> Yeah! It's obvious to all that the right to own one assault rifle is
>>> EXACTLY what has lead to the current state of affairs in
>>> Afghanistan. Those other minor factors, over a few thousand years
>>> of history, are totally irrelevant. It's the assault rifle, dammit!!
>>>
>>> I bet Walt is happy you came along to explain that to him.
>>>
>>> David
>>
>> Thanks, David. BTW, I hope you have a really good apology prepared
>> this Easter :-)
>
> Thanks to Mel Gibson, it's gonna' have be a REAL good one.
>
>> In all seriousness, Afghanistan and some of the mountainous areas of
>> Pakistan are places where you really need an assault rifle. I do
>> find it interesting and ironic that we acknowledge that reality and
>> allow the people to have one. It sounds like a smart policy to me, a
>> total prohibition would be extremely counterproductive and leave
>> every family vulnerable to outlaws and hooligans. In contrast, on
>> Long Island, we currently need handguns for Masonic initiations.
>
> Yup. I hear Fresno is considering a law prohibiting incestuous Black
> guys from owning guns.

I missed that one. In the Masonic incident, the guy conducting the
initiation had two guns, one in each pocket. One was loaded and the other
was a starter pistol. He evidently took the wrong gun out and put a bullet
in the guy's head. The widow declined the chapter's offer to conduct a
Mason's funeral.

http://www.iht.com/articles/509622.html

> There is no problem that a law can't fix.
>
> David

ATP
March 15th 04, 04:47 AM
David Cohen wrote:
> "ATP" > wrote
>> David Cohen wrote:
>>> "Cane" > wrote

>>> rifle. If
>>> more

>>> Yeah! It's obvious to all that the right to own one assault rifle is
>>> EXACTLY what has lead to the current state of affairs in
>>> Afghanistan. Those other minor factors, over a few thousand years
>>> of history, are totally irrelevant. It's the assault rifle, dammit!!
>>>
>>> I bet Walt is happy you came along to explain that to him.
>>>
>>> David
>>
>> Thanks, David. BTW, I hope you have a really good apology prepared
>> this Easter :-)
>
> Thanks to Mel Gibson, it's gonna' have be a REAL good one.
>
>> In all seriousness, Afghanistan and some of the mountainous areas of
>> Pakistan are places where you really need an assault rifle. I do
>> find it interesting and ironic that we acknowledge that reality and
>> allow the people to have one. It sounds like a smart policy to me, a
>> total prohibition would be extremely counterproductive and leave
>> every family vulnerable to outlaws and hooligans. In contrast, on
>> Long Island, we currently need handguns for Masonic initiations.
>
> Yup. I hear Fresno is considering a law prohibiting incestuous Black
> guys from owning guns.

I missed that one. In the Masonic incident, the guy conducting the
initiation had two guns, one in each pocket. One was loaded and the other
was a starter pistol. He evidently took the wrong gun out and put a bullet
in the guy's head. The widow declined the chapter's offer to conduct a
Mason's funeral.

http://www.iht.com/articles/509622.html

> There is no problem that a law can't fix.
>
> David

Will Brink
March 15th 04, 02:02 PM
In article >,
Ignoramus10317 > wrote:

> In article >, ATP wrote:
> > According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
> > every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
> > have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
> > than we do.
> >

> Not only that, but also, their "assault rifles" are fully automatic
> submachine guns.

They are not sub-machine guns. Don't confuse your gun lingo.

>In addition to that, they are allowed to open carry
> them.
>
> My household owns an assault rifle in the perverted US definition, a
> semiautomaic high capacity rifle. Unfortunately, I cannot carry it.
>
> On the other hand, my house is not in any immediate danger of being
> obliterated by a C-130's 150mm automatic cannon, which is kind of
> nice.

http://www.brinkzone.com/

Will Brink
March 15th 04, 02:02 PM
In article >,
Ignoramus10317 > wrote:

> In article >, ATP wrote:
> > According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
> > every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
> > have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
> > than we do.
> >

> Not only that, but also, their "assault rifles" are fully automatic
> submachine guns.

They are not sub-machine guns. Don't confuse your gun lingo.

>In addition to that, they are allowed to open carry
> them.
>
> My household owns an assault rifle in the perverted US definition, a
> semiautomaic high capacity rifle. Unfortunately, I cannot carry it.
>
> On the other hand, my house is not in any immediate danger of being
> obliterated by a C-130's 150mm automatic cannon, which is kind of
> nice.

http://www.brinkzone.com/

Will Brink
March 15th 04, 02:02 PM
In article >,
Ignoramus10317 > wrote:

> In article >, ATP wrote:
> > According to a recent NYT article following the 501st Airborne's activities,
> > every household in Afghanistan is allowed to have one assault rifle. If they
> > have more, the weapons are confiscated. I'd say they have a lot more rights
> > than we do.
> >

> Not only that, but also, their "assault rifles" are fully automatic
> submachine guns.

They are not sub-machine guns. Don't confuse your gun lingo.

>In addition to that, they are allowed to open carry
> them.
>
> My household owns an assault rifle in the perverted US definition, a
> semiautomaic high capacity rifle. Unfortunately, I cannot carry it.
>
> On the other hand, my house is not in any immediate danger of being
> obliterated by a C-130's 150mm automatic cannon, which is kind of
> nice.

http://www.brinkzone.com/

David Cohen
March 16th 04, 08:07 PM
"Ignoramus28400" > wrote in
message ...
David Cohen wrote:

Airborne's
> > activities,
> > rifle. If they
> > more rights
> >
> >> Not only that, but also, their "assault rifles" are fully
automatic
> >> submachine guns.
> >
> > Well, no. They are fully automatic rifles, not submachine guns.
Small
> > point. Hate to bring it up.
>
> Supposedly, you could see it both ways:
>
> http://code10.kalashnikov.guns.ru/stg.html

Interesting historic analysis, but modern usage refers to fully
automatic pistol caliber weapons as SMGs, and fully auto/burst capable
rifle caliber rifles as assault rifles or battle rifles, but not SMGs.
Otherwise, the "sub" part makes no sense.

> >> In addition to that, they are allowed to open carry
> >> them.
> >
> > As opposed to ? "Is that an AK-47 in your pocket, or are you just
glad
> > to see me?"
>
> as opposed to not being allowed.

I thought open carry was the opposite of concealed carry. I could
probably conceal carry a folding stock AK 47 under a trench coat, but
it's 85 degrees outside, so I may attract some attention.

David

David Cohen
March 16th 04, 08:07 PM
"Ignoramus28400" > wrote in
message ...

David Cohen wrote:

Airborne's
> > activities,
> > rifle. If they
> > more rights
> >
> >> Not only that, but also, their "assault rifles" are fully
automatic
> >> submachine guns.
> >
> > Well, no. They are fully automatic rifles, not submachine guns.
Small
> > point. Hate to bring it up.
>
> Supposedly, you could see it both ways:
>
> http://code10.kalashnikov.guns.ru/stg.html

Interesting historic analysis, but modern usage refers to fully
automatic pistol caliber weapons as SMGs, and fully auto/burst capable
rifle caliber rifles as assault rifles or battle rifles, but not SMGs.
Otherwise, the "sub" part makes no sense.

> >> In addition to that, they are allowed to open carry
> >> them.
> >
> > As opposed to ? "Is that an AK-47 in your pocket, or are you just
glad
> > to see me?"
>
> as opposed to not being allowed.

I thought open carry was the opposite of concealed carry. I could
probably conceal carry a folding stock AK 47 under a trench coat, but
it's 85 degrees outside, so I may attract some attention.

David

Hank
March 17th 04, 12:59 AM
David Cohen wrote:

> Yeah! It's obvious to all that the right to own one assault rifle is
> EXACTLY what has lead to the current state of affairs in Afghanistan.

Actually, it was CIA intervention, and U.S. funding
of religious fundamentalist extremists, including bin
Laden and the Taliban.

-

http://www.unansweredquestions.org/
http://www.septembereleventh.org/
http://www.hermes-press.com/
http://globalresearch.ca/
http://www.wsws.org/

Dick Cheney: "Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam
Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction." August 26, 2002.

Ari Fleischer: "We know for a fact that there are weapons there."
January 9, 2003.

Colin Powell: "We know that Saddam Hussein is determined to keep
his weapons of mass destruction, is determined to make more."
February 5, 2003.

Donald Rumsfeld: "We know where they are," about these weapons.
"They are in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad." March 30, 2003.

George W. Bush: "We have sources that tell us that Saddam
Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical
weapons." February 8, 2003.

George W. Bush: "Intelligence gathered by this and other governments
leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal
some of the most lethal weapons ever devised." March 17, 2003.

"I think this is the worst government the US has ever
had in its more than 200 years of history. It has
engaged in extraordinarily irresponsible policies not
only in foreign policy and economics but also in social
and environmental policy.....This is not normal government
policy. Now is the time for people to engage in civil
disobedience. I think it's time to protest - as much as
possible....What we have here is a form of looting."
- George A. Akerlof, 2001 Nobel prize laureate economist

"One of the things we don't want to do is destroy the
infrastructure in Iraq because in a few days we're going
to own that country," - Tom Brokaw

Cost of probing Bill Clinton's sex life: $65 million.
Cost of probing the Columbia shuttle disaster: $50 million.
Funds assigned to independent Sept. 11 panel: $3 million.

http://www.commondreams.org/
http://www.truthout.org/
http://counterpunch.org/
http://responsiblewealth.org/

"After all, it is the leaders of the country who determine
the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the
people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist
dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.
Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the
bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to
do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the
peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country
to danger. It works the same in any country."
-- Hermann Goering, President of the Reichstag, Nazi Party, and
Luftwaffe Commander in Chief

or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is
not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable
to the American public."
-- Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"You know, when bu$h said that he's against nation building,
I didn't realize that he meant only the United States"
-- Al Franken

Don't let bu$h do to the United States what his very close
friend and top campaign contributor, Ken Lay, did to Enron...

Hank
March 17th 04, 12:59 AM

David Cohen wrote:

> [...]

Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the
bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to
do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the
peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country
to danger. It works the same in any country."
-- Hermann Goering, President of the Reichstag, Nazi Party, and
Luftwaffe Commander in Chief

or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is
not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable
to the American public."
-- Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"You know, when bu$h said that he's against nation building,
I didn't realize that he meant only the United States"
-- Al Franken

Don't let bu$h do to the United States what his very close
friend and top campaign contributor, Ken Lay, did to Enron...

nobody
March 19th 04, 08:11 PM
and since a mini-14 isn't selective fire it isn't an assault rifle

Lee Michaels wrote:

>"David Cohen" > wrote
>

>>I can, but my Mini 14 clashes with my shorts-and-tee-shirt wardrobe.
>>

>Not to mention the sword.

Will Brink
March 20th 04, 12:01 AM
In article >, nobody >
wrote:

> and since a mini-14 isn't selective fire it isn't an assault rifle

Gubment still lists semi auto AR15s, AKs, etc as assault rifles, so I
suppose it depends on who defines it, thus the fight.

--
http://www.brinkzone.com/

Will Brink
March 20th 04, 12:01 AM