PDA

View Full Version : My 2004-03-16 & 2004-03-19 Workouts

HIT Fanatic
March 20th 04, 03:52 PM
I disappeared from mfw for a while, but I did not forget you kind old chaps.
I did not stop my exercises, I just moved decide to go into lurking mode and
post my workouts here every few weeks.

March 16, 2004 Workout:
Bench Press 185 lbs, 6 successful reps, 7th failed, followed by 3
post-failure reps.
Deadlifts 320 lbs, 10 successful reps, 11th failed, followed by 1
post-failure rep.

March 19, 2004 Workout:
Bent-Over Rows 235 lbs, 8 successful reps, 9th failed, followed by 2
post-failure reps
Deadlifts 325 lbs, 6 successful reps, 7th failed, followed by 1 post-failure
rep

See the google archive to see how I was a few weeks ago; I'm always
progressing, even with only 2 sets per workout. My co-workers can't believe
that I'm getting bigger and stronger with so little time spent in my
basement gym--2 sets per workout, 2 sets per week.

I follow a 4-6 rep range for the bench press, so I'll be bench pressing 190
lbs on my next workout, I'm only now 10 lbs away from the magic milestone of
200.
I follow a 6-10 rep range for deadlifts and bent-over-rows (well, more like
3-10 for deadlifts, since every time I increase weight I get a dramatic drop
in the number of reps that I can do but this didn't happen on yesterday's
workout). One problem that I have with bent-over rows is that I tend to
hold my breath during the positive part of this movement.

Lyle McDonald
March 20th 04, 06:53 PM
HIT Fanatic wrote:

> I disappeared from mfw for a while, but I did not forget you kind old chaps.
> I did not stop my exercises, I just moved decide to go into lurking mode and
> post my workouts here every few weeks.
>
> March 16, 2004 Workout:
> Bench Press 185 lbs, 6 successful reps, 7th failed, followed by 3
> post-failure reps.
> Deadlifts 320 lbs, 10 successful reps, 11th failed, followed by 1
> post-failure rep.
>
> March 19, 2004 Workout:
> Bent-Over Rows 235 lbs, 8 successful reps, 9th failed, followed by 2
> post-failure reps
> Deadlifts 325 lbs, 6 successful reps, 7th failed, followed by 1 post-failure
> rep
>
> See the google archive to see how I was a few weeks ago; I'm always
> progressing, even with only 2 sets per workout. My co-workers can't believe
> that I'm getting bigger and stronger with so little time spent in my
> basement gym--2 sets per workout, 2 sets per week.

How much bigger have you gotten and in what time frame?
Specific numbers please.

Lyle

Lyle McDonald
March 20th 04, 06:53 PM