PDA

View Full Version : Deifinition of Six Pack Abs?

TS
March 22nd 04, 06:29 AM
Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

David Cohen
March 22nd 04, 07:07 AM
"TS" > wrote
> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?

Yes. No. Maybe. I'm not really sure.

> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

Tuesday.

David

David Cohen
March 22nd 04, 07:07 AM
"TS" > wrote
> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?

Yes. No. Maybe. I'm not really sure.

> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

Tuesday.

David

Steve Freides
March 22nd 04, 01:18 PM
"TS" > wrote in message
om...
> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?

Yes.

> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

At what point does it matter? What is the look of a six-pack not flexing?
If no one sees it, does it exist?

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Steve Freides
March 22nd 04, 01:18 PM
"TS" > wrote in message
om...
> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?

Yes.

> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

At what point does it matter? What is the look of a six-pack not flexing?
If no one sees it, does it exist?

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

billydee
March 22nd 04, 06:07 PM
"Steve Freides" > wrote in message >...
> "TS" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
>
> Yes.
>
> > At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?
>
> At what point does it matter? What is the look of a six-pack not flexing?
> If no one sees it, does it exist?
>
> -S-
> http://www.kbnj.com

Rule of thumb for males--6 pack usually shows up at 10% BF or under.
You should not have to flex to see it nor should you have significant
"love handles" at this point.

billydee
March 22nd 04, 06:07 PM
"Steve Freides" > wrote in message >...
> "TS" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
>
> Yes.
>
> > At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?
>
> At what point does it matter? What is the look of a six-pack not flexing?
> If no one sees it, does it exist?
>
> -S-
> http://www.kbnj.com

Rule of thumb for males--6 pack usually shows up at 10% BF or under.
You should not have to flex to see it nor should you have significant
"love handles" at this point.

Jake
March 22nd 04, 07:03 PM
(TS) wrote in message >...
> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

There's no real definition. It's like "what's the definiton of 'buff'
", its very subjective.

All the models you see with "six-packs" are flexing. Last cutting
cycle I had abs that were visible...when I flexed...and I was in the
right light. Otherwise you couldn't see them. Not very useful for
the "Hey look at my abs" contests they have every now and again.

The issue is, if you want to look like you have a six pack, do you
really want to be flexing 100% of the time? Sounds like a pain to me

Jake

Jake
March 22nd 04, 07:03 PM
(TS) wrote in message >...
> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

There's no real definition. It's like "what's the definiton of 'buff'
", its very subjective.

All the models you see with "six-packs" are flexing. Last cutting
cycle I had abs that were visible...when I flexed...and I was in the
right light. Otherwise you couldn't see them. Not very useful for
the "Hey look at my abs" contests they have every now and again.

The issue is, if you want to look like you have a six pack, do you
really want to be flexing 100% of the time? Sounds like a pain to me

Jake

miranda
March 22nd 04, 10:33 PM
David Cohen > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "TS" > wrote
> > Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
>
> Yes. No. Maybe. I'm not really sure.

however, it is not a sixpack if you need to flay all the skin and fat off
your abs to see it

whit

> > At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?
>
> Tuesday.
>
> David

miranda
March 22nd 04, 10:33 PM
David Cohen > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "TS" > wrote
> > Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
>
> Yes. No. Maybe. I'm not really sure.

however, it is not a sixpack if you need to flay all the skin and fat off
your abs to see it

whit

> > At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?
>
> Tuesday.
>
> David

Kurt
March 22nd 04, 11:10 PM
If the women want to feel'm and touch'm then they are six packs.
"TS" > wrote in message
om...
> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

Kurt
March 22nd 04, 11:10 PM
If the women want to feel'm and touch'm then they are six packs.
"TS" > wrote in message
om...
> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

Bill
March 22nd 04, 11:40 PM
(TS) wrote in message >...
> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

Anytime before age 40. After that, your sh*t out of luck.

....note to self: in my next reincarnation, start weight
training much younger... (g).

--
Bill

Bill
March 22nd 04, 11:40 PM
(TS) wrote in message >...
> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

Anytime before age 40. After that, your sh*t out of luck.

....note to self: in my next reincarnation, start weight
training much younger... (g).

--
Bill

John Hanson
March 23rd 04, 01:28 AM
On 22 Mar 2004 15:40:49 -0800, (Bill) wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

(TS) wrote in message >...
>> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
>> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?
>
>Anytime before age 40. After that, your sh*t out of luck.
>
>...note to self: in my next reincarnation, start weight
>training much younger... (g).

You need to learn to stop worrying and love the ab.

(TS) wrote in message >...
>> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
>> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?
>
>Anytime before age 40. After that, your sh*t out of luck.
>
>...note to self: in my next reincarnation, start weight
>training much younger... (g).

You need to learn to stop worrying and love the ab.

PhatDaddy
March 23rd 04, 03:57 AM
I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in the
way.

Oh Well....

--
Ken Wayne
http://www.eworkouttracker.com

"TS" > wrote in message
om...
> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

PhatDaddy
March 23rd 04, 03:57 AM
I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in the
way.

Oh Well....

--
Ken Wayne
http://www.eworkouttracker.com

"TS" > wrote in message
om...
> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

billydee
March 23rd 04, 04:29 PM
John Hanson > wrote in message >...
> On 22 Mar 2004 15:40:49 -0800, (Bill) wrote in
> misc.fitness.weights:
>
> (TS) wrote in message >...
> >> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
> >> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?
> >
> >Anytime before age 40. After that, your sh*t out of luck.

Bull...it's just tougher than when you were 20. You can still do have
a 6 pack. It's 99% diet for the most part. Not saying it's easy or fun
to do so at 40+ and likely there is an age where it becomes
impractical or near impossible to maintain that kind of build but 40
is way too early. Look at Jack LaLanne...he's in his 80s and still
looks pretty good.

billydee
March 23rd 04, 04:29 PM
John Hanson > wrote in message >...
> On 22 Mar 2004 15:40:49 -0800, (Bill) wrote in
> misc.fitness.weights:
>
> (TS) wrote in message >...
> >> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
> >> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?
> >
> >Anytime before age 40. After that, your sh*t out of luck.

Bull...it's just tougher than when you were 20. You can still do have
a 6 pack. It's 99% diet for the most part. Not saying it's easy or fun
to do so at 40+ and likely there is an age where it becomes
impractical or near impossible to maintain that kind of build but 40
is way too early. Look at Jack LaLanne...he's in his 80s and still
looks pretty good.

John Hanson
March 23rd 04, 04:53 PM
On 23 Mar 2004 08:29:19 -0800, (billydee) wrote
in misc.fitness.weights:

>John Hanson > wrote in message >...
>> On 22 Mar 2004 15:40:49 -0800, (Bill) wrote in
>> misc.fitness.weights:

>> >Anytime before age 40. After that, your sh*t out of luck.
>

>Bull...it's just tougher than when you were 20. You can still do have
>a 6 pack. It's 99% diet for the most part. Not saying it's easy or fun
>to do so at 40+ and likely there is an age where it becomes
>impractical or near impossible to maintain that kind of build but 40
>is way too early. Look at Jack LaLanne...he's in his 80s and still
>looks pretty good.

I didn't write that.

John Hanson
March 23rd 04, 04:53 PM
On 23 Mar 2004 08:29:19 -0800, (billydee) wrote
in misc.fitness.weights:

>John Hanson > wrote in message >...
>> On 22 Mar 2004 15:40:49 -0800, (Bill) wrote in
>> misc.fitness.weights:

>> >Anytime before age 40. After that, your sh*t out of luck.
>

>Bull...it's just tougher than when you were 20. You can still do have
>a 6 pack. It's 99% diet for the most part. Not saying it's easy or fun
>to do so at 40+ and likely there is an age where it becomes
>impractical or near impossible to maintain that kind of build but 40
>is way too early. Look at Jack LaLanne...he's in his 80s and still
>looks pretty good.

I didn't write that.

Barry Wong
March 23rd 04, 11:16 PM
billydee > wrote:

> It's 99% diet for the most part.

This is one of the classic lines -- like when Yogi Berra said, "Baseball
is 90% mental; the other 50% is physical."

Barry Wong
March 23rd 04, 11:16 PM
billydee > wrote:

> It's 99% diet for the most part.

This is one of the classic lines -- like when Yogi Berra said, "Baseball
is 90% mental; the other 50% is physical."

Watson Davis
March 23rd 04, 11:26 PM
John Hanson > wrote in
:

> On 23 Mar 2004 08:29:19 -0800, (billydee) wrote
> in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>John Hanson > wrote in message
>>> On 22 Mar 2004 15:40:49 -0800, (Bill) wrote in
>>> misc.fitness.weights:

>>Bull...it's just tougher than when you were 20. You can still do have
>>a 6 pack. It's 99% diet for the most part. Not saying it's easy or fun
>>to do so at 40+ and likely there is an age where it becomes
>>impractical or near impossible to maintain that kind of build but 40
>>is way too early. Look at Jack LaLanne...he's in his 80s and still
>>looks pretty good.
>
> I didn't write that.

It doesn't look like you did.

It looks like Billydee piggybacked a reply to Bill and you were the
piggybackee. Just count the ">"s and it's obvious.

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

Watson Davis
March 23rd 04, 11:26 PM
John Hanson > wrote in
:

> On 23 Mar 2004 08:29:19 -0800, (billydee) wrote
> in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>John Hanson > wrote in message
>>> On 22 Mar 2004 15:40:49 -0800, (Bill) wrote in
>>> misc.fitness.weights:

>>Bull...it's just tougher than when you were 20. You can still do have
>>a 6 pack. It's 99% diet for the most part. Not saying it's easy or fun
>>to do so at 40+ and likely there is an age where it becomes
>>impractical or near impossible to maintain that kind of build but 40
>>is way too early. Look at Jack LaLanne...he's in his 80s and still
>>looks pretty good.
>
> I didn't write that.

It doesn't look like you did.

It looks like Billydee piggybacked a reply to Bill and you were the
piggybackee. Just count the ">"s and it's obvious.

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

Watson Davis
March 23rd 04, 11:27 PM
"PhatDaddy" > wrote in news:qBO7c.82821$LD5.34584
@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com:

> I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in the
> way.
>
> Oh Well....

I have the body of a god!

Buddha...

BUT STILL, the body of a GOD.

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

Watson Davis
March 23rd 04, 11:27 PM
"PhatDaddy" > wrote in news:qBO7c.82821$LD5.34584
@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com:

> I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in the
> way.
>
> Oh Well....

I have the body of a god!

Buddha...

BUT STILL, the body of a GOD.

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

elzinator
March 24th 04, 02:15 AM
On 21 Mar 2004 22:29:25 -0800, TS wrote:
>Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
>At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

When you can see a label that says ' Budweiser' on them.

Beelzibub

The human in us owes fealty to humanity. But the wolf in us acknowledges no master.

elzinator
March 24th 04, 02:15 AM
On 21 Mar 2004 22:29:25 -0800, TS wrote:
>Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
>At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

When you can see a label that says ' Budweiser' on them.

Beelzibub

The human in us owes fealty to humanity. But the wolf in us acknowledges no master.

DRS
March 24th 04, 12:35 PM
Watson Davis > wrote in message

> John Hanson > wrote in
> :

[...]

>> I didn't write that.
>
> It doesn't look like you did.
>
> It looks like Billydee piggybacked a reply to Bill and you were the
> piggybackee. Just count the ">"s and it's obvious.

It's good manners to indicate when you're piggybacking. BillyDee didn't.

--

"I'm proud that I live in a country where witnessing two hours of bloody,
barbarous torture in gloating detail is considered indicia of religious

DRS
March 24th 04, 12:35 PM
Watson Davis > wrote in message

> John Hanson > wrote in
> :

[...]

>> I didn't write that.
>
> It doesn't look like you did.
>
> It looks like Billydee piggybacked a reply to Bill and you were the
> piggybackee. Just count the ">"s and it's obvious.

It's good manners to indicate when you're piggybacking. BillyDee didn't.

--

"I'm proud that I live in a country where witnessing two hours of bloody,
barbarous torture in gloating detail is considered indicia of religious
piety, whereas a mere second gazing upon a woman's breast is cause for
outraged apoplexy."
Betty Bowers, http://www.bettybowers.com/melgibsonpassion.html

Jacob Andersen
March 24th 04, 03:15 PM
"TS" > wrote in message
om...
> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

A sixpack won't do you any good in talking about it.

/Jacob

--
"You think he didn't know the 8 points and how to end a life with a super
quickness?"

Jacob Andersen
March 24th 04, 03:15 PM
"TS" > wrote in message
om...
> Is sixpack a sixpack if you have to flex to see it?
> At what point can you really claim to have sixpack abs?

A sixpack won't do you any good in talking about it.

/Jacob

--
"You think he didn't know the 8 points and how to end a life with a super
quickness?"
- RestInParadise

Jacob Andersen
March 24th 04, 03:18 PM
"Watson Davis" > wrote in message
2.207...
> "PhatDaddy" > wrote in news:qBO7c.82821$LD5.34584
> @twister.rdc-kc.rr.com:
>
> > I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in
the
> > way.
> >
> > Oh Well....
>
> I have the body of a god!
>
> Buddha...
>
> BUT STILL, the body of a GOD.

Well, actually Buddha wasn't really a god.

/Jacob

--
"You think he didn't know the 8 points and how to end a life with a super
quickness?"
- RestInParadise

Jacob Andersen
March 24th 04, 03:18 PM
"Watson Davis" > wrote in message
2.207...
> "PhatDaddy" > wrote in news:qBO7c.82821$LD5.34584
> @twister.rdc-kc.rr.com:
>
> > I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in
the
> > way.
> >
> > Oh Well....
>
> I have the body of a god!
>
> Buddha...
>
> BUT STILL, the body of a GOD.

Well, actually Buddha wasn't really a god.

/Jacob

--
"You think he didn't know the 8 points and how to end a life with a super
quickness?"
- RestInParadise

billydee
March 24th 04, 03:55 PM
Watson Davis > wrote in message >...
> John Hanson > wrote in
> :
>
> > On 23 Mar 2004 08:29:19 -0800, (billydee) wrote
> > in misc.fitness.weights:

> >>Bull...it's just tougher than when you were 20. You can still do have
> >>a 6 pack. It's 99% diet for the most part. Not saying it's easy or fun
> >>to do so at 40+ and likely there is an age where it becomes
> >>impractical or near impossible to maintain that kind of build but 40
> >>is way too early. Look at Jack LaLanne...he's in his 80s and still
> >>looks pretty good.
> >
> > I didn't write that.
> >

> It doesn't look like you did.
>
> It looks like Billydee piggybacked a reply to Bill and you were the
> piggybackee. Just count the ">"s and it's obvious.
>
> Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

Sorry...bad snip job on the post.

billydee
March 24th 04, 03:55 PM
Watson Davis > wrote in message >...
> John Hanson > wrote in
> :
>
> > On 23 Mar 2004 08:29:19 -0800, (billydee) wrote
> > in misc.fitness.weights:

> >>Bull...it's just tougher than when you were 20. You can still do have
> >>a 6 pack. It's 99% diet for the most part. Not saying it's easy or fun
> >>to do so at 40+ and likely there is an age where it becomes
> >>impractical or near impossible to maintain that kind of build but 40
> >>is way too early. Look at Jack LaLanne...he's in his 80s and still
> >>looks pretty good.
> >
> > I didn't write that.
> >

> It doesn't look like you did.
>
> It looks like Billydee piggybacked a reply to Bill and you were the
> piggybackee. Just count the ">"s and it's obvious.
>
> Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

Sorry...bad snip job on the post.

Bob MacWilliam
March 24th 04, 04:08 PM
"PhatDaddy" > wrote in message >...
> I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in the
> way.
>
> Oh Well....

That's called a one-pack.

Bob

Bob MacWilliam
March 24th 04, 04:08 PM
"PhatDaddy" > wrote in message >...
> I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in the
> way.
>
> Oh Well....

That's called a one-pack.

Bob

Lee Michaels
March 24th 04, 04:11 PM
"Bob MacWilliam" > wrote in message
om...
> "PhatDaddy" > wrote in message
> > I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in
the
> > way.
> >
> > Oh Well....
>
> That's called a one-pack.

A pony keg.

Lee Michaels
March 24th 04, 04:11 PM
"Bob MacWilliam" > wrote in message
om...
> "PhatDaddy" > wrote in message
> > I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in
the
> > way.
> >
> > Oh Well....
>
> That's called a one-pack.

A pony keg.

Hoff
March 24th 04, 04:15 PM
"Bob MacWilliam" > wrote in message
om...
> "PhatDaddy" > wrote in message
> > I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in
the
> > way.
> >
> > Oh Well....
>
> That's called a one-pack.

Mono-ab.

Hoff

Hoff
March 24th 04, 04:15 PM
"Bob MacWilliam" > wrote in message
om...
> "PhatDaddy" > wrote in message
> > I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in
the
> > way.
> >
> > Oh Well....
>
> That's called a one-pack.

Mono-ab.

Hoff

Watson Davis
March 24th 04, 05:05 PM
"DRS" > wrote in news:c3rva3
:

> Watson Davis > wrote in message
>
>> John Hanson > wrote in
>> :
>
> [...]
>
>>> I didn't write that.
>>
>> It doesn't look like you did.
>>
>> It looks like Billydee piggybacked a reply to Bill and you were the
>> piggybackee. Just count the ">"s and it's obvious.
>
> It's good manners to indicate when you're piggybacking. BillyDee didn't.

I don't think he intended to put words in someone else's mouth or anything.
Just got a little carried away with his snipping. Ain't no thang.

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

Watson Davis
March 24th 04, 05:05 PM
"DRS" > wrote in news:c3rva3
:

> Watson Davis > wrote in message
>
>> John Hanson > wrote in
>> :
>
> [...]
>
>>> I didn't write that.
>>
>> It doesn't look like you did.
>>
>> It looks like Billydee piggybacked a reply to Bill and you were the
>> piggybackee. Just count the ">"s and it's obvious.
>
> It's good manners to indicate when you're piggybacking. BillyDee didn't.

I don't think he intended to put words in someone else's mouth or anything.
Just got a little carried away with his snipping. Ain't no thang.

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

Watson Davis
March 24th 04, 05:05 PM
(Bob MacWilliam) wrote in
om:

> "PhatDaddy" > wrote in message
>> I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in
>> the way.
>>
>> Oh Well....
>
> That's called a one-pack.

Who'd want a 6-pack when you can have a whole keg?

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

Watson Davis
March 24th 04, 05:05 PM
(Bob MacWilliam) wrote in
om:

> "PhatDaddy" > wrote in message
>> I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in
>> the way.
>>
>> Oh Well....
>
> That's called a one-pack.

Who'd want a 6-pack when you can have a whole keg?

Watson (the pencil neck) Davis

DRS
March 24th 04, 05:26 PM
Watson Davis > wrote in message

> "DRS" > wrote in

[...]

>> It's good manners to indicate when you're piggybacking. BillyDee
>> didn't.
>
> I don't think he intended to put words in someone else's mouth or
> anything.

I'm not accusing him of dishonesty, merely poor netiquette.

--

"I'm proud that I live in a country where witnessing two hours of bloody,
barbarous torture in gloating detail is considered indicia of religious
piety, whereas a mere second gazing upon a woman's breast is cause for
outraged apoplexy."
Betty Bowers, http://www.bettybowers.com/melgibsonpassion.html

DRS
March 24th 04, 05:26 PM
Watson Davis > wrote in message

> "DRS" > wrote in

[...]

>> It's good manners to indicate when you're piggybacking. BillyDee
>> didn't.
>
> I don't think he intended to put words in someone else's mouth or
> anything.

I'm not accusing him of dishonesty, merely poor netiquette.

--

"I'm proud that I live in a country where witnessing two hours of bloody,
barbarous torture in gloating detail is considered indicia of religious
piety, whereas a mere second gazing upon a woman's breast is cause for
outraged apoplexy."
Betty Bowers, http://www.bettybowers.com/melgibsonpassion.html

John M. Williams
March 24th 04, 06:18 PM
"Jacob Andersen" > wrote:
>"Watson Davis" > wrote:
>> "PhatDaddy" > wrote:
>>
>> > I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in
>> > the way.
>> >
>> > Oh Well....
>>
>> I have the body of a god!
>>
>> Buddha...
>>
>> BUT STILL, the body of a GOD.
>
>Well, actually Buddha wasn't really a god.

Actually, Hotei, the dude with the belly, wasn't really a buddha,
either. He was just an affable Buddhist monk who got drafted into the
Chinese Buddhist pantheon. Nor did he bear any real relationship to
Siddartha Gautama, who was supposedly pretty lean.

And now, Watson doesn't even have Siddartha's long hair.

John M. Williams
March 24th 04, 06:18 PM
"Jacob Andersen" > wrote:
>"Watson Davis" > wrote:
>> "PhatDaddy" > wrote:
>>
>> > I have a great 6 pack but you can't see it because my pot belly is in
>> > the way.
>> >
>> > Oh Well....
>>
>> I have the body of a god!
>>
>> Buddha...
>>
>> BUT STILL, the body of a GOD.
>
>Well, actually Buddha wasn't really a god.

Actually, Hotei, the dude with the belly, wasn't really a buddha,
either. He was just an affable Buddhist monk who got drafted into the
Chinese Buddhist pantheon. Nor did he bear any real relationship to
Siddartha Gautama, who was supposedly pretty lean.

And now, Watson doesn't even have Siddartha's long hair.

John M. Williams
March 24th 04, 06:22 PM
"DRS" > wrote:
>Watson Davis > wrote:
>> "DRS" > wrote in
>
>[...]
>
>>> It's good manners to indicate when you're piggybacking. BillyDee
>>> didn't.
>>
>> I don't think he intended to put words in someone else's mouth or
>> anything.
>
>I'm not accusing him of dishonesty, merely poor netiquette.

You get more like Jess Anderson with each passing day.

John M. Williams
March 24th 04, 06:22 PM
"DRS" > wrote:
>Watson Davis > wrote:
>> "DRS" > wrote in
>
>[...]
>
>>> It's good manners to indicate when you're piggybacking. BillyDee
>>> didn't.
>>
>> I don't think he intended to put words in someone else's mouth or
>> anything.
>
>I'm not accusing him of dishonesty, merely poor netiquette.

You get more like Jess Anderson with each passing day.

Barry Wong
March 24th 04, 07:26 PM
John M. Williams > wrote:

> Actually, Hotei, the dude with the belly, wasn't really a buddha,
> either. He was just an affable Buddhist monk who got drafted into the
> Chinese Buddhist pantheon. Nor did he bear any real relationship to
> Siddartha Gautama, who was supposedly pretty lean.

What were their relative bodyfat measurements -- by calipers, if you
have it, otherwise, just an estimate?

Barry Wong
March 24th 04, 07:26 PM
John M. Williams > wrote:

> Actually, Hotei, the dude with the belly, wasn't really a buddha,
> either. He was just an affable Buddhist monk who got drafted into the
> Chinese Buddhist pantheon. Nor did he bear any real relationship to
> Siddartha Gautama, who was supposedly pretty lean.

What were their relative bodyfat measurements -- by calipers, if you
have it, otherwise, just an estimate?

Jacob Andersen
March 24th 04, 07:40 PM
"John M. Williams" > wrote in message
> "Jacob Andersen" > wrote:

> >> I have the body of a god!
> >>
> >> Buddha...
> >>
> >> BUT STILL, the body of a GOD.
> >
> >Well, actually Buddha wasn't really a god.
>
> Actually, Hotei, the dude with the belly, wasn't really a buddha,
> either. He was just an affable Buddhist monk who got drafted into the
> Chinese Buddhist pantheon. Nor did he bear any real relationship to
> Siddartha Gautama, who was supposedly pretty lean.
>
> And now, Watson doesn't even have Siddartha's long hair.

I always thought that Siddartha was lean and fat at different stages in his
life.

/Jacob