PDA

View Full Version : hot car protein

March 23rd 04, 04:12 PM
Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car

Rich
March 23rd 04, 05:23 PM
> Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car

Not if the cops find it.

Rich
March 23rd 04, 05:23 PM
> Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car

Not if the cops find it.

D. Tales
March 23rd 04, 06:42 PM
"Rich" > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>> Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car
>
> Not if the cops find it.

Although you can always assert your right to refuse the search.

D. Tales
March 23rd 04, 06:42 PM
"Rich" > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>> Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car
>
> Not if the cops find it.

Although you can always assert your right to refuse the search.

Lee Michaels
March 23rd 04, 06:48 PM
> >> Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car

If whey is found in a car over 300 horsepower, you are in big trouble.

It is considered a steriod by Ashcroft and the NCAA.

Lee Michaels
March 23rd 04, 06:48 PM
> >> Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car

If whey is found in a car over 300 horsepower, you are in big trouble.

It is considered a steriod by Ashcroft and the NCAA.

Will Brink
March 23rd 04, 08:46 PM
In article >,
wrote:

> Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car

It converts to crack.

--
http://www.brinkzone.com/

Will Brink
March 23rd 04, 08:46 PM
In article >,
wrote:

> Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car

It converts to crack.

--
http://www.brinkzone.com/

PhatDaddy
March 24th 04, 03:12 AM
You should move to Wisconsin. It never gets hot here. :-(

--
Ken
http://www.eworkouttracker.com

"Lee Michaels" > wrote in message
news:SD%[email protected]_s04...

> If whey is found in a car over 300 horsepower, you are in big trouble.
>
> It is considered a steriod by Ashcroft and the NCAA.

PhatDaddy
March 24th 04, 03:12 AM
You should move to Wisconsin. It never gets hot here. :-(

--
Ken
http://www.eworkouttracker.com

"Lee Michaels" > wrote in message
news:SD%[email protected]_s04...

> If whey is found in a car over 300 horsepower, you are in big trouble.
>
> It is considered a steriod by Ashcroft and the NCAA.

John M. Williams
March 24th 04, 06:20 AM
Will Brink > wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car
>
>It converts to crack.

Great. As if we don't hear enough interesting stories as to how the
crack got in the suspect's center console.

"Dude, I was going to the gym later, and I had some whey in that bag.
How did those rocks get in there?"

John M. Williams
March 24th 04, 06:20 AM
Will Brink > wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car
>
>It converts to crack.

Great. As if we don't hear enough interesting stories as to how the
crack got in the suspect's center console.

"Dude, I was going to the gym later, and I had some whey in that bag.
How did those rocks get in there?"

miranda
March 24th 04, 10:56 AM
John M. Williams > wrote in message
> Will Brink > wrote:
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car
> >
> >It converts to crack.
>
> Great. As if we don't hear enough interesting stories as to how the
> crack got in the suspect's center console.
>
> "Dude, I was going to the gym later, and I had some whey in that bag.
> How did those rocks get in there?"

my favorite are the "how did the crack (or meth or cocaine or whatever) get
in my pants pocket" stories.

"hey, these aren't my pants."

"somebody asked me to hold their drugs for them"

"dude, that wasn't there when I put the pants on this morning"

"my friend must have left that in my pants when I loaned them to him"

constructive possession etc. issues aside, i can at least consider that a
center console story is the Truth (tm). it's POSSIBLE.

pants pocket stories on the other hand...

and don't even get me started on body cavities. :l

whit

miranda
March 24th 04, 10:56 AM
John M. Williams > wrote in message
> Will Brink > wrote:
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car
> >
> >It converts to crack.
>
> Great. As if we don't hear enough interesting stories as to how the
> crack got in the suspect's center console.
>
> "Dude, I was going to the gym later, and I had some whey in that bag.
> How did those rocks get in there?"

my favorite are the "how did the crack (or meth or cocaine or whatever) get
in my pants pocket" stories.

"hey, these aren't my pants."

"somebody asked me to hold their drugs for them"

"dude, that wasn't there when I put the pants on this morning"

"my friend must have left that in my pants when I loaned them to him"

constructive possession etc. issues aside, i can at least consider that a
center console story is the Truth (tm). it's POSSIBLE.

pants pocket stories on the other hand...

and don't even get me started on body cavities. :l

whit

John M. Williams
March 24th 04, 12:21 PM
"miranda" > wrote:
>John M. Williams > wrote:
>> Will Brink > wrote:

>> >It converts to crack.
>>
>> Great. As if we don't hear enough interesting stories as to how the
>> crack got in the suspect's center console.
>>
>> "Dude, I was going to the gym later, and I had some whey in that bag.
>> How did those rocks get in there?"
>
>my favorite are the "how did the crack (or meth or cocaine or whatever) get
>in my pants pocket" stories.
>
>"hey, these aren't my pants."
>
>"somebody asked me to hold their drugs for them"
>
>"dude, that wasn't there when I put the pants on this morning"
>
>"my friend must have left that in my pants when I loaned them to him"
>
>constructive possession etc. issues aside, i can at least consider that a
>center console story is the Truth (tm). it's POSSIBLE.
>
>pants pocket stories on the other hand...

Yes, I've heard those, too. I have a unified theory:

The Dope Fairy®.

John M. Williams
March 24th 04, 12:21 PM
"miranda" > wrote:
>John M. Williams > wrote:
>> Will Brink > wrote:

>> >It converts to crack.
>>
>> Great. As if we don't hear enough interesting stories as to how the
>> crack got in the suspect's center console.
>>
>> "Dude, I was going to the gym later, and I had some whey in that bag.
>> How did those rocks get in there?"
>
>my favorite are the "how did the crack (or meth or cocaine or whatever) get
>in my pants pocket" stories.
>
>"hey, these aren't my pants."
>
>"somebody asked me to hold their drugs for them"
>
>"dude, that wasn't there when I put the pants on this morning"
>
>"my friend must have left that in my pants when I loaned them to him"
>
>constructive possession etc. issues aside, i can at least consider that a
>center console story is the Truth (tm). it's POSSIBLE.
>
>pants pocket stories on the other hand...

Yes, I've heard those, too. I have a unified theory:

The Dope Fairy®.

Will Brink
March 24th 04, 01:43 PM
In article >,
John M. Williams > wrote:

> Will Brink > wrote:
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car
> >
> >It converts to crack.
>
> Great. As if we don't hear enough interesting stories as to how the
> crack got in the suspect's center console.

True story. I knew a dude who had a big zip lock bagfull of micronized
creatine on the dash and got pulled over for speeding. Problem was,
trooper never heard of creatine or cared. Long day for stupid
bodybuilder who has big bag of white powder on dash while speeding.

John M. Williams > wrote:

> Will Brink > wrote:
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car
> >
> >It converts to crack.
>
> Great. As if we don't hear enough interesting stories as to how the
> crack got in the suspect's center console.

True story. I knew a dude who had a big zip lock bagfull of micronized
creatine on the dash and got pulled over for speeding. Problem was,
trooper never heard of creatine or cared. Long day for stupid
bodybuilder who has big bag of white powder on dash while speeding.

> "Dude, I was going to the gym later, and I had some whey in that bag.
> How did those rocks get in there?"

Lee Michaels
March 24th 04, 01:55 PM
"John M. Williams" > wrote

> Yes, I've heard those, too. I have a unified theory:
>
> The Dope Fairy®.

I knew this one guy who always used to lose his dope.

His theory was that elves slipped in during the night to steal his drugs and
take them bacl with them to another reality in space-time.

Makes you kind of wonder just what space-time he was in.

Lee Michaels
March 24th 04, 01:55 PM
"John M. Williams" > wrote

> Yes, I've heard those, too. I have a unified theory:
>
> The Dope Fairy®.

I knew this one guy who always used to lose his dope.

His theory was that elves slipped in during the night to steal his drugs and
take them bacl with them to another reality in space-time.

Makes you kind of wonder just what space-time he was in.

miranda
March 24th 04, 06:00 PM
Lee Michaels > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s02...

> "John M. Williams" > wrote
> >
> > Yes, I've heard those, too. I have a unified theory:
> >
> > The Dope Fairy®.
>
> I knew this one guy who always used to lose his dope.
>
> His theory was that elves slipped in during the night to steal his drugs

first step underpants

third step profit

fourth step. get all gorked out on coke and get nekkid with the other
elves.

whit

and
> take them bacl with them to another reality in space-time.
>
> Makes you kind of wonder just what space-time he was in.

miranda
March 24th 04, 06:00 PM
Lee Michaels > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s02...

> "John M. Williams" > wrote
> >
> > Yes, I've heard those, too. I have a unified theory:
> >
> > The Dope Fairy®.
>
> I knew this one guy who always used to lose his dope.
>
> His theory was that elves slipped in during the night to steal his drugs

first step underpants

third step profit

fourth step. get all gorked out on coke and get nekkid with the other
elves.

whit

and
> take them bacl with them to another reality in space-time.
>
> Makes you kind of wonder just what space-time he was in.

miranda
March 24th 04, 06:01 PM
Will Brink > wrote in message
> In article >,
> John M. Williams > wrote:
>
> > Will Brink > wrote:

> > >It converts to crack.
> >
> > Great. As if we don't hear enough interesting stories as to how the
> > crack got in the suspect's center console.
>
> True story. I knew a dude who had a big zip lock bagfull of micronized
> creatine on the dash and got pulled over for speeding. Problem was,
> trooper never heard of creatine or cared. Long day for stupid
> bodybuilder who has big bag of white powder on dash while speeding.

i was always wary of creatine myself - "the other white powder"

needless to say when i travel on an airplane, i don't take creatine.
especially in a clear ziplock baggie! :)

and ESPECIALLY after 9/11 and the whole anthrax thang.

whit

Will Brink > wrote in message
> In article >,
> John M. Williams > wrote:
>
> > Will Brink > wrote:

> > >It converts to crack.
> >
> > Great. As if we don't hear enough interesting stories as to how the
> > crack got in the suspect's center console.
>
> True story. I knew a dude who had a big zip lock bagfull of micronized
> creatine on the dash and got pulled over for speeding. Problem was,
> trooper never heard of creatine or cared. Long day for stupid
> bodybuilder who has big bag of white powder on dash while speeding.

i was always wary of creatine myself - "the other white powder"

needless to say when i travel on an airplane, i don't take creatine.
especially in a clear ziplock baggie! :)

and ESPECIALLY after 9/11 and the whole anthrax thang.

whit

> > "Dude, I was going to the gym later, and I had some whey in that bag.
> > How did those rocks get in there?"

MJL
March 25th 04, 03:17 AM
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:12:08 GMT, wrote:

>Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car

Well, heat can tend to denature complex proteins. But with whey
protein you are talking about mostly amino acids and it would take a
heck of a lot of heat to break the bonds in the amine group.

However, long term storage in a hot car is probably not a good idea.

MJL
March 25th 04, 03:17 AM
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:12:08 GMT, wrote:

>Is it ok to store whey protein in a hot car

Well, heat can tend to denature complex proteins. But with whey
protein you are talking about mostly amino acids and it would take a
heck of a lot of heat to break the bonds in the amine group.

However, long term storage in a hot car is probably not a good idea.

D. Tales
March 25th 04, 06:16 AM
I put the subject line as Calves 2 because I'm the guy that
originally asked about calves earlier this week. I had said I
was MAYBE 185 pounds, which is what I weighed in at last time I
checked (fall or so). Well I've been running alot for the past
couple of months (roughly 20 miles a week, which is alot for me)
and after tonight's run, I decided to check my weight. I'm not
100% sure the scale was perfectly calibrated, but assuming it
was, I weighed 170.1 pounds. How brutal. I can only guess I
lost quite a bit with the running, but clearly it couldn't have
all been fat because I didn't have that much to begin with.

So, at 6'1" and 170 pounds, I'm trying to decide the best course
of action for bulking up. I remember reading somewhere about
specific basic exercises that are the most effective for a
skinny guy, such as bench press, squats etc. Any suggestions
where to start? Also, I'm probably just gonna start eating alot
more as long as what I'm eating isn't junk.

[...]

Bob Falooley
March 25th 04, 02:25 PM
D. Tales wrote:

> I put the subject line as Calves 2 because I'm the guy that
> originally asked about calves earlier this week. I had said I
> was MAYBE 185 pounds, which is what I weighed in at last time I
> checked (fall or so). Well I've been running alot for the past
> couple of months (roughly 20 miles a week, which is alot for me)
> and after tonight's run, I decided to check my weight. I'm not
> 100% sure the scale was perfectly calibrated, but assuming it
> was, I weighed 170.1 pounds. How brutal. I can only guess I
> lost quite a bit with the running, but clearly it couldn't have
> all been fat because I didn't have that much to begin with.
>
> So, at 6'1" and 170 pounds, I'm trying to decide the best course
> of action for bulking up. I remember reading somewhere about
> specific basic exercises that are the most effective for a
> skinny guy, such as bench press, squats etc. Any suggestions
> where to start? Also, I'm probably just gonna start eating alot
> more as long as what I'm eating isn't junk.

Weigh yourself before you go running, it will probably be 2-5 lbs heavier.

--Falooley

Bob Falooley
March 25th 04, 02:25 PM
D. Tales wrote:

> I put the subject line as Calves 2 because I'm the guy that
> originally asked about calves earlier this week. I had said I
> was MAYBE 185 pounds, which is what I weighed in at last time I
> checked (fall or so). Well I've been running alot for the past
> couple of months (roughly 20 miles a week, which is alot for me)
> and after tonight's run, I decided to check my weight. I'm not
> 100% sure the scale was perfectly calibrated, but assuming it
> was, I weighed 170.1 pounds. How brutal. I can only guess I
> lost quite a bit with the running, but clearly it couldn't have
> all been fat because I didn't have that much to begin with.
>
> So, at 6'1" and 170 pounds, I'm trying to decide the best course
> of action for bulking up. I remember reading somewhere about
> specific basic exercises that are the most effective for a
> skinny guy, such as bench press, squats etc. Any suggestions
> where to start? Also, I'm probably just gonna start eating alot
> more as long as what I'm eating isn't junk.

Weigh yourself before you go running, it will probably be 2-5 lbs heavier.

--Falooley

billydee
March 25th 04, 05:58 PM
"D. Tales" > wrote in message >...
> I put the subject line as Calves 2 because I'm the guy that
> originally asked about calves earlier this week. I had said I
> was MAYBE 185 pounds, which is what I weighed in at last time I
> checked (fall or so). Well I've been running alot for the past
> couple of months (roughly 20 miles a week, which is alot for me)
> and after tonight's run, I decided to check my weight. I'm not
> 100% sure the scale was perfectly calibrated, but assuming it
> was, I weighed 170.1 pounds. How brutal. I can only guess I
> lost quite a bit with the running, but clearly it couldn't have
> all been fat because I didn't have that much to begin with.
>
> So, at 6'1" and 170 pounds, I'm trying to decide the best course
> of action for bulking up. I remember reading somewhere about
> specific basic exercises that are the most effective for a
> skinny guy, such as bench press, squats etc. Any suggestions
> where to start? Also, I'm probably just gonna start eating alot
> more as long as what I'm eating isn't junk.

Make sure the weight loss wasn't just from dehydration. You can easily
lose 4-5 pounds if you don't drink enough water to compensate.

billydee
March 25th 04, 05:58 PM
"D. Tales" > wrote in message >...
> I put the subject line as Calves 2 because I'm the guy that
> originally asked about calves earlier this week. I had said I
> was MAYBE 185 pounds, which is what I weighed in at last time I
> checked (fall or so). Well I've been running alot for the past
> couple of months (roughly 20 miles a week, which is alot for me)
> and after tonight's run, I decided to check my weight. I'm not
> 100% sure the scale was perfectly calibrated, but assuming it
> was, I weighed 170.1 pounds. How brutal. I can only guess I
> lost quite a bit with the running, but clearly it couldn't have
> all been fat because I didn't have that much to begin with.
>
> So, at 6'1" and 170 pounds, I'm trying to decide the best course
> of action for bulking up. I remember reading somewhere about
> specific basic exercises that are the most effective for a
> skinny guy, such as bench press, squats etc. Any suggestions
> where to start? Also, I'm probably just gonna start eating alot
> more as long as what I'm eating isn't junk.

Make sure the weight loss wasn't just from dehydration. You can easily
lose 4-5 pounds if you don't drink enough water to compensate.

Jake
March 25th 04, 06:21 PM
"D. Tales" > wrote in message >...
> I put the subject line as Calves 2 because I'm the guy that
> originally asked about calves earlier this week. I had said I
> was MAYBE 185 pounds, which is what I weighed in at last time I
> checked (fall or so). Well I've been running alot for the past
> couple of months (roughly 20 miles a week, which is alot for me)
> and after tonight's run, I decided to check my weight. I'm not
> 100% sure the scale was perfectly calibrated, but assuming it
> was, I weighed 170.1 pounds. How brutal. I can only guess I
> lost quite a bit with the running, but clearly it couldn't have
> all been fat because I didn't have that much to begin with.
>
> So, at 6'1" and 170 pounds, I'm trying to decide the best course
> of action for bulking up. I remember reading somewhere about
> specific basic exercises that are the most effective for a
> skinny guy, such as bench press, squats etc. Any suggestions
> where to start? Also, I'm probably just gonna start eating alot
> more as long as what I'm eating isn't junk.

squats, deadlifts, bench press, military/shoulder press, bent over
row, chins. Low reps, frequent work for each body part (none of that
crazy 7 day split stuff). Take it easy, study good form before you
try to kill yourself with super heavy weights.

Make sure you get some meat in there.

Getting your bf% tested may be wise.

Jake
March 25th 04, 06:21 PM
"D. Tales" > wrote in message >...
> I put the subject line as Calves 2 because I'm the guy that
> originally asked about calves earlier this week. I had said I
> was MAYBE 185 pounds, which is what I weighed in at last time I
> checked (fall or so). Well I've been running alot for the past
> couple of months (roughly 20 miles a week, which is alot for me)
> and after tonight's run, I decided to check my weight. I'm not
> 100% sure the scale was perfectly calibrated, but assuming it
> was, I weighed 170.1 pounds. How brutal. I can only guess I
> lost quite a bit with the running, but clearly it couldn't have
> all been fat because I didn't have that much to begin with.
>
> So, at 6'1" and 170 pounds, I'm trying to decide the best course
> of action for bulking up. I remember reading somewhere about
> specific basic exercises that are the most effective for a
> skinny guy, such as bench press, squats etc. Any suggestions
> where to start? Also, I'm probably just gonna start eating alot
> more as long as what I'm eating isn't junk.

squats, deadlifts, bench press, military/shoulder press, bent over
row, chins. Low reps, frequent work for each body part (none of that
crazy 7 day split stuff). Take it easy, study good form before you
try to kill yourself with super heavy weights.

Make sure you get some meat in there.

Getting your bf% tested may be wise.

D. Tales
March 26th 04, 05:24 AM
Bob Falooley > wrote in
:

> D. Tales wrote:
>
>> I put the subject line as Calves 2 because I'm the guy
>> that originally asked about calves earlier this week. I
>> had said I was MAYBE 185 pounds, which is what I weighed
>> in at last time I checked (fall or so). Well I've been
>> running alot for the past couple of months (roughly 20
>> miles a week, which is alot for me) and after tonight's
>> run, I decided to check my weight. I'm not 100% sure the
>> scale was perfectly calibrated, but assuming it was, I
>> weighed 170.1 pounds. How brutal. I can only guess I
>> lost quite a bit with the running, but clearly it couldn't
>> have all been fat because I didn't have that much to begin
>> with.
>>
>> So, at 6'1" and 170 pounds, I'm trying to decide the best
>> course of action for bulking up. I remember reading
>> somewhere about specific basic exercises that are the most
>> effective for a skinny guy, such as bench press, squats
>> etc. Any suggestions where to start? Also, I'm probably
>> just gonna start eating alot more as long as what I'm
>> eating isn't junk.
>
> Weigh yourself before you go running, it will probably be
> 2-5 lbs heavier.
>
> --Falooley

YAY!

D. Tales
March 26th 04, 05:24 AM
Bob Falooley > wrote in
:

> D. Tales wrote:
>
>> I put the subject line as Calves 2 because I'm the guy
>> that originally asked about calves earlier this week. I
>> had said I was MAYBE 185 pounds, which is what I weighed
>> in at last time I checked (fall or so). Well I've been
>> running alot for the past couple of months (roughly 20
>> miles a week, which is alot for me) and after tonight's
>> run, I decided to check my weight. I'm not 100% sure the
>> scale was perfectly calibrated, but assuming it was, I
>> weighed 170.1 pounds. How brutal. I can only guess I
>> lost quite a bit with the running, but clearly it couldn't
>> have all been fat because I didn't have that much to begin
>> with.
>>
>> So, at 6'1" and 170 pounds, I'm trying to decide the best
>> course of action for bulking up. I remember reading
>> somewhere about specific basic exercises that are the most
>> effective for a skinny guy, such as bench press, squats
>> etc. Any suggestions where to start? Also, I'm probably
>> just gonna start eating alot more as long as what I'm
>> eating isn't junk.
>
> Weigh yourself before you go running, it will probably be
> 2-5 lbs heavier.
>
> --Falooley

YAY!