PDA

View Full Version : squeaking noise comming from nees doing squats

April 24th 04, 01:19 AM
I'm 43.

I've only been doing squats for a few months. I was up to doing a 100
pounds 75-100 reps, in three to four sets.

Then my right knee started squeaking/creaking around the bottom. It
sounds almost as though it is out of lubrication. It doesn't hurt at
all. No soarness.

I have reduced my squats to 12 or 15 in front of doing my arms.
(before I had a arm day and then two days later a leg day).Now I do a
full body workout every other day, as I don't want to over do my
knees. I also started doing some leg presses and extensions because I
don't hear the squeaking sound on the machine.

What's up?

sooky grumper
April 24th 04, 01:51 AM
wrote:

> I'm 43.
>
> I've only been doing squats for a few months. I was up to doing a 100
> pounds 75-100 reps, in three to four sets.
>
> Then my right knee started squeaking/creaking around the bottom. It
> sounds almost as though it is out of lubrication. It doesn't hurt at
> all. No soarness.
>
> I have reduced my squats to 12 or 15 in front of doing my arms.
> (before I had a arm day and then two days later a leg day).Now I do a
> full body workout every other day, as I don't want to over do my
> knees. I also started doing some leg presses and extensions because I
> don't hear the squeaking sound on the machine.
>

> What's up?

mice?

sooky grumper
April 24th 04, 01:51 AM
wrote:

> I'm 43.
>
> I've only been doing squats for a few months. I was up to doing a 100
> pounds 75-100 reps, in three to four sets.
>
> Then my right knee started squeaking/creaking around the bottom. It
> sounds almost as though it is out of lubrication. It doesn't hurt at
> all. No soarness.
>
> I have reduced my squats to 12 or 15 in front of doing my arms.
> (before I had a arm day and then two days later a leg day).Now I do a
> full body workout every other day, as I don't want to over do my
> knees. I also started doing some leg presses and extensions because I
> don't hear the squeaking sound on the machine.
>

> What's up?

mice?

sooky grumper
April 24th 04, 01:51 AM
wrote:

> I'm 43.
>
> I've only been doing squats for a few months. I was up to doing a 100
> pounds 75-100 reps, in three to four sets.
>
> Then my right knee started squeaking/creaking around the bottom. It
> sounds almost as though it is out of lubrication. It doesn't hurt at
> all. No soarness.
>
> I have reduced my squats to 12 or 15 in front of doing my arms.
> (before I had a arm day and then two days later a leg day).Now I do a
> full body workout every other day, as I don't want to over do my
> knees. I also started doing some leg presses and extensions because I
> don't hear the squeaking sound on the machine.
>

> What's up?

mice?