PDA

View Full Version : When to cut?

User
May 4th 04, 06:23 AM
Other than personal preference, is there generally some period of time
during which its best to enter a cut cycle? I mean, how does one determine
that its time to stop eating like a maniac and start trimming down the fat?
Or is it just one of those things lifters pretty much decide on their own?

Justin Case
May 4th 04, 12:37 PM
On Mon, 3 May 2004 22:23:45 -0700, "User" > wrote:

>Other than personal preference, is there generally some period of time
>during which its best to enter a cut cycle? I mean, how does one determine
>that its time to stop eating like a maniac and start trimming down the fat?
>Or is it just one of those things lifters pretty much decide on their own?

Personal preference.
But, the longer and harder you diet, the more muscle you will lose with
the fat. Less is better in this case.

Eating like a maniac isn't the way to do it either. Sure, the idea is to
have extra calories but you don't gain more muscle by eating as much as
you can.

Justin Case
May 4th 04, 12:37 PM
On Mon, 3 May 2004 22:23:45 -0700, "User" > wrote:

>Other than personal preference, is there generally some period of time
>during which its best to enter a cut cycle? I mean, how does one determine
>that its time to stop eating like a maniac and start trimming down the fat?
>Or is it just one of those things lifters pretty much decide on their own?

Personal preference.
But, the longer and harder you diet, the more muscle you will lose with
the fat. Less is better in this case.

Eating like a maniac isn't the way to do it either. Sure, the idea is to
have extra calories but you don't gain more muscle by eating as much as
you can.

Jay
May 4th 04, 05:27 PM
"User" > wrote in message
> Other than personal preference, is there generally some period of time
> during which its best to enter a cut cycle? I mean, how does one
determine
> that its time to stop eating like a maniac and start trimming down the
fat?
> Or is it just one of those things lifters pretty much decide on their own?

for what reason are you cutting and to what extreme? Cut for summer look or
for a contest?

Condition should not ever get overly out of whack.

Jay
May 4th 04, 05:27 PM