PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Gain Weight?... Eat More Calories... No Eat More Protein... No Eat More Carbs... No Take More Supplements...

John Ra
May 18th 04, 08:52 PM
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=ZAU1c.22257%24aT1.10284%40newsread1 .news.pas.earthlink.net

I posted this thread here about 2 months ago. Here's some of the
advice I've tried that seems to be helpful:

- Try 5,000. Not gaining on 5,000? Try 6,000.

I'm at about 4,500.

- Peanut butter. (I eat about two PBJ sandwiches a day, but maybe I'll
start adding more PB, and PB on bananas sounds good.)

Mixes well in my shakes.

- 125g of protein a day (more milk and chicken, I guess.)

I'm at around 175.

- Start drinking a gallon of milk every day. Work your way up to three
gallons a day.

Probably the best advice of all. Inexpensive and nutrient rich. I
drink lots of it when I'm not eating breakfast or lunch or dinner or
snacks. It makes you pee a lot though.

Now here's some advice that I didn't receive from this forum but has
helped as well:

- Muscle Milk

Worth the money! Best taste and best cocktail of supplements and
nutrients. Those weight gain shakes that say 1250 or 2250 calories per
serving taste awful and are junk nutrients. I add 4 tablespoons of PB,
lots of milk, 1 banana, a cup of oatmeal and Creatine to two servings
of MM and drink it throughtout the day. If you search the Net a bit,
you'll find it for about $18 a container.

- Increased weightlifting

I devised a 6 day routine where I wouldn't have to take breaks so much
as before yet not overtrain at the same time. I keep arms away from
back and chest away from shoulders, with leg and ab days as my
"breaks".

- NO2

By increasing my routines, I decided to look for a supp that was
basically a legal form of steroids. It's funny because I've only been
using a gym for less than a year now, yet I've tried supps prior to
this with no gain. It's funny because once I joined a gym, I ignored
the thought of going back to supps and was like "I'll just gain
naturally." Nah, too slow! So I asked a nutritionist about something
that would help me get more reps in, increase blood flow and rebuild
faster, and they recommended NO2. If anything, the energy and blood
flow each day is worth the price. I feel pumped.

- Creatine

Going back to my ignorance of supps, I decided to give this a shot
again. I've only been loading for about 5 days now, so it'll be awhile
before I notice anything.

In any case, I posted this thread 2 months ago and slowly but surely
took the advice that I saw here. Since then I've gained 13 pounds.
I'll check into bodyfat calculating at home, but I'm certain that most
of this isn't fat. Thank you for your help and for not being arrogant
like some forums I've approached for advice. I was going to post
pictures, but I'll start that later. Thanks again! :)

Helgi Briem
May 19th 04, 01:28 PM
On 18 May 2004 12:52:18 -0700, (John Ra) wrote:

>In any case, I posted this thread 2 months ago and slowly but surely
>took the advice that I saw here. Since then I've gained 13 pounds.
>I'll check into bodyfat calculating at home, but I'm certain that most
>of this isn't fat.

Congratulations on a job well done. Note though, that 13 pounds
in 2 months is a lot! Probably a sizable proportion of it is fat.
What with the creatine and all, quite a bit will be water, too.

Now, I don't know what your long term goals are, but you
might want to lose some of that fat before you go on another
bulking cycle. Keep lifting heavy to minimise muscle loss. Think
about it in a month or two.

--
Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

Never worry about anything that you see on the news.
To get on the news it must be sufficiently rare
that your chances of being involved are negligible!