PDA

View Full Version : hormone questions

Scott Leimroth
May 19th 04, 09:47 AM
This post disappeared...or maybe didnt get through the first time so here
goes again.

--------------------

Hi,
I'm turning 40 in a few months and was thinking it might be time for some
'hormone replacement' type therapy. I have been training with good
consistent results since I was 21. I have never competed but have worked
towards a bodybuilders physique with my training style. Although I was at my
peak at about 29 I have kept my physique in reasonable shape however I have
noticed the bodyfat encroaching and the recovery times growing and have put
this down to the natural reduction in hormone production as I age. I'd like
to start supplementing. Has anyone got any advice? Should I supplement with
straight testosterone or some other steroid.
Interestingly, with all the many years of training and different gyms etc
under my belt I have never been offered steroids so I wonder how prevalent
and avaialable they really are. P.S. Im in Sydney Australia but couldn't
find a local newsgroup to post this on. If anyone knows one please let me
know also.
Thanks,
Scott

Lordy
May 19th 04, 10:14 AM
"Scott Leimroth" > wrote in news:c8f7h5$gsd$1
@lust.ihug.co.nz:

> I'm turning 40 in a few months and was thinking it might be time for some
> 'hormone replacement' type therapy. I have been training with good
> consistent results since I was 21. I have never competed but have worked
> towards a bodybuilders physique with my training style.

Even though you have had good results to date ..I would go for a "post your
routine" for starters + your current stats (height, weight etc) + goals
(reduce fat and better recovery?) + diet and let the knowledgable ones here
critique....

Maybe creatine may help?

Lordy

Scott Leimroth
May 19th 04, 12:25 PM
Ok here goes.
Current Routine and Stats:
Training Mon, Wed, Fri
1)
Heavy = 6 sets x 6 reps each exercise
Deadlift
Bench
Front Pulldown
Shoulder Press
Lying Tricep

2)
Heavy = 6 sets x 6 reps each exercise
Squat
Decline Bench
Bent Over Row
Upright Row
BBCurls

3)
Moderate = 3 sets x 15 reps
Seated Row
Incline Press
Leg Curl
Lat Raise
Tricep Pushdowns

4)
Moderate = 3 sets x 15 reps
Leg Extentions
DB Flys
DB Pullover
Bent Lat Raises
DB Curls
ToePress

175cm
85kg
Need to loose a few kilos Body fat
High protein Diet but could clean out the fats and sugars a bit.
Goals: Icrease energy and recovery time. reduce Fat.
Cheers,
Scott

"Lordy" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Scott Leimroth" > wrote in news:c8f7h5$gsd$1
> @lust.ihug.co.nz:
>
> > I'm turning 40 in a few months and was thinking it might be time for
some
> > 'hormone replacement' type therapy. I have been training with good
> > consistent results since I was 21. I have never competed but have worked
> > towards a bodybuilders physique with my training style.
>
> Even though you have had good results to date ..I would go for a "post
your
> routine" for starters + your current stats (height, weight etc) + goals
> (reduce fat and better recovery?) + diet and let the knowledgable ones
here
> critique....
>
> Maybe creatine may help?
>
> Lordy

Lordy
May 19th 04, 01:05 PM
"Scott Leimroth" > wrote in
:

> however I have
> noticed the bodyfat encroaching and the recovery times growing and
> have put this down to the natural reduction in hormone production as I
> age.

Also do you get enough sleep?

I know I dont, but plan to change this soon. Starting tonight!

Lordy

Will Brink
May 19th 04, 02:06 PM
In article >,
"Scott Leimroth" > wrote:

> This post disappeared...or maybe didnt get through the first time so here
> goes again.
>
> --------------------
>
> Hi,
> I'm turning 40 in a few months and was thinking it might be time for some
> 'hormone replacement' type therapy. I have been training with good
> consistent results since I was 21. I have never competed but have worked
> towards a bodybuilders physique with my training style. Although I was at my
> peak at about 29 I have kept my physique in reasonable shape however I have
> noticed the bodyfat encroaching and the recovery times growing and have put
> this down to the natural reduction in hormone production as I age. I'd like
> to start supplementing. Has anyone got any advice? Should I supplement with
> straight testosterone or some other steroid.
> Interestingly, with all the many years of training and different gyms etc
> under my belt I have never been offered steroids so I wonder how prevalent
> and avaialable they really are. P.S. Im in Sydney Australia but couldn't
> find a local newsgroup to post this on. If anyone knows one please let me
> know also.

A good place to start understanding the issues is with my article on
blood work: http://www.brinkzone.com/itsinyourblood.html

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/