PDA

View Full Version : sudafed vs ephedra

MPBRESEARCH
June 1st 04, 03:57 AM
I really effin miss ma huang. Anyone know if it's effects can be approximated
by pseudoephedrine?? Or is it just wishfu lthinking???

Chupacabra
June 1st 04, 04:11 AM
On 01 Jun 2004 02:57:25 GMT, (MPBRESEARCH) wrote:

> I really effin miss ma huang. Anyone know if it's effects can be approximated
>by pseudoephedrine?? Or is it just wishfu lthinking???

Ephedra was banned. Ephedrine was not.

John M. Williams
June 1st 04, 05:09 AM
(MPBRESEARCH) wrote:

> I really effin miss ma huang. Anyone know if it's effects can be approximated
>by pseudoephedrine?? Or is it just wishfu lthinking???

You can't buy pharmaceutical ephedrine? Bronkaid? Primatene?
Vasopro?

Me
June 1st 04, 02:17 PM
Chupacabra wrote:

> On 01 Jun 2004 02:57:25 GMT, (MPBRESEARCH) wrote:
>

>> I really effin miss ma huang. Anyone know if it's effects can be approximated
>>by pseudoephedrine?? Or is it just wishfu lthinking???
>

> Ephedra was banned. Ephedrine was not.

Exactly. You can buy Ephedrine in most convenience store around here.

Adam M
June 1st 04, 09:39 PM
"Me" > wrote in message
> Chupacabra wrote:
>
> > On 01 Jun 2004 02:57:25 GMT, (MPBRESEARCH) wrote:
> >

> >> I really effin miss ma huang. Anyone know if it's effects can be
approximated
> >>by pseudoephedrine?? Or is it just wishfu lthinking???
> >

> > Ephedra was banned. Ephedrine was not.
>
> Exactly. You can buy Ephedrine in most convenience store around here.

So is this the same stuff? Do the dosages compare? Why did they ban one
and not the other?

Adam M
June 1st 04, 09:39 PM
"Me" > wrote in message
> Chupacabra wrote:
>
> > On 01 Jun 2004 02:57:25 GMT, (MPBRESEARCH) wrote:
> >

> >> I really effin miss ma huang. Anyone know if it's effects can be
approximated
> >>by pseudoephedrine?? Or is it just wishfu lthinking???
> >

> > Ephedra was banned. Ephedrine was not.
>
> Exactly. You can buy Ephedrine in most convenience store around here.

So is this the same stuff? Do the dosages compare? Why did they ban one
and not the other?

Caldwell et al
June 2nd 04, 12:54 AM
Adam M > wrote in message

> "Me" > wrote in message
> > Chupacabra wrote:

> approximated
> > >

> > > Ephedra was banned. Ephedrine was not.
> >
> > Exactly. You can buy Ephedrine in most convenience store around here.
> >

> So is this the same stuff? Do the dosages compare? Why did they ban one
> and not the other?

try google.

note also, that ephedrine is banned AS a dietary supplement. it is
considered a drug, and thus not usable in DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS.

however, it is a legal OTC drug. so, you can buy it AS a drug, and USE it
as a dietary supplement.

THAT is legal.

the ban only applies to producing and distribution, not enduser use

whit

Caldwell et al
June 2nd 04, 12:54 AM