Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Eitner
Forum: Weights May 3rd 07, 04:18 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Eitner
assembling pro style dumbbells

Dave wrote:
"Bill Eitner" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
On pro-style (fixed weight) dumbbells, how large of 1"...
Forum: Weights May 2nd 07, 03:42 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Eitner
assembling pro style dumbbells

Dave wrote:
On pro-style (fixed weight) dumbbells, how large of 1" plates are typically
used? Is it 20 lbs, ie: for a 100 lb dumbbell would it be several 20 lb
plates and some smaller...
Forum: Weights April 29th 07, 08:19 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Eitner
Where the hell did this come from?

John Hanson wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 11:43:10 -0400, Shute wrote in
misc.fitness.weights:

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 14:22:50 +0200, "Pete"
Forum: Weights March 23rd 07, 05:36 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 16
Posted By Bill Eitner
Workout frequency

wrote:
At 57 years old ,..try to lose / control weight,.maintain some
muscle, strength,.mass,.etc....

Okay.

How often should I work-out,.?

How often do you want to...
Forum: Weights March 9th 07, 07:34 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Eitner
better results when I work out twice a week?

CliffMacGillivray wrote:
I don't quite get this...after a few months of varying my workouts I
have found tat I get better results when I work out two times a week.
That is, two full body...
Forum: Weights March 6th 07, 06:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.bodybuilding,misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Eitner
Gains following a long lay off

Martin Levac wrote:
"Ralf" wrote in message
I'm 43 and have just started training again after a long...
Forum: Weights February 14th 07, 07:52 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 8
Posted By Bill Eitner
Im New 2 This

Pete wrote:
"J. Gleixner" schreef:

What I Want To Know Is How Many Times A Day Do I Take It, I Presume I
Have To Split It Into 3 Cups And Take It 3...
Forum: Weights February 14th 07, 07:39 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 47
Posted By Bill Eitner
Any comments?

Pete wrote:
"mike3" schreef:
Are you really looking for a serious answer to this? How about: genetics?
Or
dedication? Or drugs?

Serious answers. Oh ,and by...
Forum: Weights February 14th 07, 07:30 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Eitner
HST Critique

Jerry wrote:
I'm doing the following HST routine thee times per week. I do one set
during 15s, two sets during 10s, and three sets during 5s. I train at
home on a power cage with a cable...
Forum: Weights December 31st 06, 10:43 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Eitner
Where would you start?

Bully wrote:
A buddy of mine [who used to train] is now 308 lbs [at 6ft 3in]. He is going
to start training again 3 times / week. He can't / won't squat or deadlift
[and prolly shouldn't...
Forum: Weights December 8th 06, 05:59 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 40
Posted By Bill Eitner
Carbs VS Protein, Will, John, anyone?

Pete wrote:
"Will Brink" schreef:

Why would you go see a nutritionist when you know the generic ass
worthless info they would
supply?

Like i said, i...
Forum: Weights December 7th 06, 06:35 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 40
Posted By Bill Eitner
Carbs VS Protein, Will, John, anyone?

Pete wrote:
"Will Brink" schreef:

Anyway, after answering several of the usual questions, and after she
used
her calculator to check my BMI -which was back...
Forum: Weights December 7th 06, 06:15 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 40
Posted By Bill Eitner
Carbs VS Protein, Will, John, anyone?

Will Brink wrote:
In article , "Pete"
wrote:

Yesterday, i went to the nutritionist/dietist, because of my "alleged"
Forum: Weights December 7th 06, 06:02 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill Eitner
Best Tasting Protein Shake ?

Hilltop Cycle ATV wrote:
What do you think is the best tasting protein shake powder ?
I would like something you could get at Wally World if possible but GNC
store would work .

There are a...
Forum: Weights November 27th 06, 05:36 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill Eitner
Is this too much?

Gooserider wrote:
I've recently adopted a car-free lifestyle. My car needs a clutch and I
needed to get more cardio, so I've been bicycle commuting. My commute is 18
miles each way, and I can...
Forum: Weights November 11th 06, 02:40 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 10
Posted By Bill Eitner
recommend a protein powder

wrote:
price isn't a huge concern, I'd just like something that tastes good
and is relatively easy to mix

suggestions?

If you like chocolate, Champion...
Forum: Weights November 8th 06, 04:54 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 31
Posted By Bill Eitner
muscle loss during diet

Pete wrote:
"determined" schreef:

Also, I am 5'3" and currently weigh 129 lbs at 26% bodyfat. I have been
eating around 1200-1400 calories per day, but I've...
Forum: Weights October 19th 06, 05:04 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 352
Posted By Bill Eitner
HST simplified...please

lucky(one) wrote:
I have surfed around looking at HST and it sounds like good stuff but I
can't seem to grasp just what the jist of it is.

Spend time at the site and keep reading it until
it...
Forum: Weights October 12th 06, 04:53 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Eitner
which diet works best?

ryan scott wrote:
i do about an hour of either cardio or wieghts training most days.
my goal is to strip about 4 kilos of fat in 4 months.
i find myself torn between the diets or either "low...
Forum: Weights October 6th 06, 05:17 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Eitner
Covert Bailey: Fit or Fat

Those are the three basic dietary approaches
(high carb, moderate carb, low carb).
Also, high protein and high fat.
Those are synonymous with low carb

No they're not.

Yes,...
Forum: Weights October 6th 06, 01:16 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Eitner
Covert Bailey: Fit or Fat

Bully wrote:
Bill Eitner wrote:
wrote:
Anyone read this book or up on his philosophy?
Yes. I read his books years ago.

I've been reading it and although it makes...
Forum: Weights October 5th 06, 05:59 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 8
Posted By Bill Eitner
I want a bigger beer belly

wrote:
Can anyone help me gain weight?
I want to be 350lbs, have always wanted to be that size or bigger but I
just can't seem to get there no matter how much I eat...
Forum: Weights October 5th 06, 05:39 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Eitner
Covert Bailey: Fit or Fat

wrote:
Anyone read this book or up on his philosophy?

Yes. I read his books years ago.

I've been reading it and although it makes sense it
seems like one group of people...
Forum: Weights September 28th 06, 01:38 AM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Eitner
Circuit training?

KR wrote:
I'm starting to think this will be a much better use of my hour at the
gym every second day. Can anybody recommend a good routine to follow?
My main goal right now is to lose weight,...
Forum: Weights September 27th 06, 04:56 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Eitner
Lifting before breakfast?

Bully wrote:
Bill Eitner wrote:
DZ wrote:
Bill Eitner wrote:
eponymous cowherd wrote:
It's commonly said that you should eat several hours before
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45