Old April 25th 16, 05:41 PM posted to rec.running
Sam Seagate

Default sudden return of plantar fasciitis

On 04/23/2016 02:01 PM, Beach Runner wrote:
On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 1:37:07 AM UTC-7, Sam Seagate wrote:
On 04/21/2016 08:43 AM, Ed Prochak wrote:
Sam,
Sounds like you are finding ways to manage this.

No, not really. Truly wish I had this time.

IIRC you decided not to have surgery to correct this. But I will mention for others that may be an option. my wife had it done and she no longer has problems with plantar faciitus.

I wish you well and glad to hear you found a way to keep moving.

As a last resort, I'm going to give Beach Runner's suggestion a try
first before moving on to a podiatrist.

Sam

Enjoy the walk.
Ed

Hi, I went back to the Walking Company to update my inserts. They have improved their technology and I love the improvements in their sport orthodic. Besides their sensors measuring the foot, your pressure points,
your gait, they are now water wicking and breath.

I was finally able to visit the store today. My feet were measured
twice: first by taking a step with each foot across a platform, and then
standing on the platform. From this information, they computed an
insert for my shoes. This is the first time my feet have been checked
in more than one way. With the Dr. Scholl's machine, there was only a
single standing measurement, so with the additional method I'm hopeful.
Since this particular store is in a mall, I then walked very fast a
couple of miles around the mall with the new inserts. So far, so good
and no pain, but I won't really know until I get out to my walking
locales and go three+ miles for a couple of days. Keeping my fingers
crossed. Will report back.

Sam