Old June 1st 17, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.walking
Peter Clinch

Default Scottish mountains - how on earth can anyone pronounce them?

On 27/05/2017 11:46, Graham Seed wrote:
On 27/05/2017 9:44 AM, wrote:
Larik groo. The pass of Drew.

You say that but English is much worse. My German friend pointed out
that the German language was fairly easy to follow as it was logical
whereas English was a minefield, demonstrated when we were on the
Worcester and Birmingham canal - as we passed a foreign couple on a boat
going the other way they shouted out that 'Wer-chester' was a lovely place!

There was a young lady from Slough
Came down with a very bad cough
She wasn't to Know
It would last until now
I just hope the poor girl will pull through

--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
NHS Tayside & Univ. of Dundee Ninewells Hospital & Med. School