Old February 15th 07, 08:33 PM posted to misc.fitness.misc
Joe Watts

Default Best Cardio Machine for Lower Back Strengthening?

Have had chronic back pain for many years till it has deteriorated to Spinal
Canal Stenosis. Saw this machine on Australia's "Beyond Tomorrow" and
decided to give it a try. Best move I ever made. Abdominal core, back, leg
and arm muscles have strengthened to a point I am more of a stock-whip than
a slack piece of string. Recent EEG shows no cause for concern. Lung
capacity and endurance has increased. Physical and mental well-being have
improved
Best of all is that there has been no deterioration in the lower back..No
"slipped" disc. No pain or additional numbness/burning in 6 months. Touch
wood.
AND........IT"S FUN
http://www.trikke.com/

BTW.Am 60 y/o

--
All incoming & outgoing email is scanned using the latest weapon in
antivirus software, Nod32.

PLEASE NOTE:

Names & Email Addresses have been removed to protect the privacy of those
particular individuals,... The Email to be forwarded CAN be edited in its'
Window..(this practice is recommended when forwarding all emails).

"Joe Weaks" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking at buying an Elliptical, Treadmill, Bike, Recumbent, or
Climber for Cardio. I'm id decent shape, less than 20 pounds over
ideal.

I have chronic pain around a fused vertebrae in lower back, so want my
choice to also be the one that gives the most benefit as far as lower
back strengthening. (A rower would be too direct/painful.)

Is there a clear choice which of the above makes the right machine? I'm
thinking Elliptical.
Thanks.