Whey Protein

Old September 18th 06, 10:53 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
tom

Default Whey Protein

Hi everyone,

I just started strength training because I was bored in the off season
and decided to put my time to good use. I am 15 years old and weigh
about 122 lbs. I want to take whey protein because all my friends do
but as you guessed they're alot bigger than me. All the labels I have
seen say "YOU MUST BE 18 TO USE THIS PRODUCT". Should I take it anyway?
Any suggestions as to what to take? I would like to gain weight too,
but in a healthy way. Thanks.

Old September 18th 06, 11:01 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Jason Earl

"tom" writes:

Hi everyone,

I just started strength training because I was bored in the off
season and decided to put my time to good use. I am 15 years old and
weigh about 122 lbs. I want to take whey protein because all my
friends do but as you guessed they're alot bigger than me. All the
labels I have seen say "YOU MUST BE 18 TO USE THIS PRODUCT". Should
I take it anyway? Any suggestions as to what to take? I would like
to gain weight too, but in a healthy way. Thanks.

Whey protein is just protein. Specifically it is protein from the
part of cows' milk that historically hasn't been particularly
valuable. Whey is what is left over after making cottage cheese.

As such whey protein is a perfectly good way (ha ha) to add protein
and calories to your diet. It's not any more dangerous than milk
(which I personally don't consider to be dangerous), and it's
relatively inexpensive.

Jason
Old September 19th 06, 01:26 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Spammers_Should_Be_Shot

"Jason Earl" wrote in message
"tom" writes:

[...]

Although at 15 you're probably better off just making sure you eat enough,
and good foods not just junk food.

Old September 19th 06, 10:37 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Pete

"tom" schreef:

All the labels I have
seen say "YOU MUST BE 18 TO USE THIS PRODUCT". Should I take it anyway?

No.

You must be 18.

Any suggestions as to what to take? I would like to gain weight too,
but in a healthy way. Thanks.

You never go to McDonalds, Burger King or Kentucky?

----
Pete

Old September 19th 06, 10:39 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Pete

"Spammers_Should_Be_Shot" schreef:

As such whey protein is a perfectly good way (ha ha) to add protein
and calories to your diet. It's not any more dangerous than milk
(which I personally don't consider to be dangerous), and it's
relatively inexpensive.

Although at 15 you're probably better off just making sure you eat enough,
and good foods not just junk food.

Uh, no...

WE are the tallest people on the Planet right now, and its not from eating
vegetables.

Are you sure you want to know why we are so big?

----
Pete

Old September 19th 06, 11:14 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Pete" wrote in message
"Spammers_Should_Be_Shot" schreef:

As such whey protein is a perfectly good way (ha ha) to add protein
and calories to your diet. It's not any more dangerous than milk
(which I personally don't consider to be dangerous), and it's
relatively inexpensive.

Although at 15 you're probably better off just making sure you eat
enough,
and good foods not just junk food.

Uh, no...

WE are the tallest people on the Planet right now, and its not from eating
vegetables.

Are you sure you want to know why we are so big?

I am told that wanking makes you taller

Old September 19th 06, 11:38 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Pete

"David" schreef:

Are you sure you want to know why we are so big?

I am told that wanking makes you taller

AND heavier!

A bit more vascular as well...

----
Pete

Old September 19th 06, 12:09 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights

"Pete" wrote in message
"David" schreef:

Are you sure you want to know why we are so big?

I am told that wanking makes you taller

AND heavier!

A bit more vascular as well...

C'mon Pete why are you dutch people tall? It's the milk right? You are still
drinking mothers milk till you are 10 years old, right?

Old September 19th 06, 02:39 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Will Brink

In article . com, "tom"
wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just started strength training because I was bored in the off season
and decided to put my time to good use. I am 15 years old and weigh
about 122 lbs. I want to take whey protein because all my friends do

"If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you follow them?" - Your mom

but as you guessed they're alot bigger than me. All the labels I have
seen say "YOU MUST BE 18 TO USE THIS PRODUCT".

I have never seen a whey product with that warning

Should I take it anyway?
Any suggestions as to what to take?

Yes, food, and lots of it. There is no magic in whey as a weight gainer.

I would like to gain weight too,
but in a healthy way.

See above

Thanks.

Old September 19th 06, 06:25 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Pete

"David" schreef:

Are you sure you want to know why we are so big?

I am told that wanking makes you taller

AND heavier!

A bit more vascular as well...

C'mon Pete why are you dutch people tall? It's the milk right? You are
still drinking mothers milk till you are 10 years old, right?

15

And if you give me the oppertunity, i will drink it again.

----
Pete