lean up or bulk up..

Old February 5th 04, 12:34 AM
2fast

Default lean up or bulk up..

I am coming off a semester-long layoff. I have put on some fat, probably
about 10 pounds, and I have basically gone from being very defined to barely
defined. I am 6.2 @ 180 pounds. I am thinking of going on a cutting cycle,
and then bulking up afterwards. I am really not sure if that's a good idea
though, since I eventually want to get quite a bit bigger. What do all of
ya think: is it better to bulk first or cut first?

- 2fast

Old February 5th 04, 02:51 AM
Bob Falooley

2fast wrote:

I am coming off a semester-long layoff. I have put on some fat, probably
about 10 pounds, and I have basically gone from being very defined to
barely
defined. I am 6.2 @ 180 pounds. I am thinking of going on a cutting
cycle,
and then bulking up afterwards. I am really not sure if that's a good
idea
though, since I eventually want to get quite a bit bigger. What do all of
ya think: is it better to bulk first or cut first?

- 2fast

6.2 180 sounds pretty lean to me, but thats my opinion. So I would go ahead
and bulk.
Old February 5th 04, 03:09 AM
Wayne S. Hill

2fast wrote:

I am coming off a semester-long layoff. I have put on some
fat, probably about 10 pounds, and I have basically gone
from being very defined to barely defined. I am 6.2 @ 180
pounds. I am thinking of going on a cutting cycle, and then
bulking up afterwards. I am really not sure if that's a
good idea though, since I eventually want to get quite a bit
bigger. What do all of ya think: is it better to bulk first
or cut first?

You're lifting right now, right? If you feel like you've got
excess BF, you should cut first. This keeps you from freaking
out when you gain some fat when you're bulking.

--
-Wayne