Just Beginning Walking-Need Advice!

Old February 1st 18, 05:11 AM
JMFIT JMFIT is offline
Junior Member

Location: New Jersey
Smile Just Beginning Walking-Need Advice!

Hi there,

I started walking about 8 months ago then stopped after 3 months. Then 3 weeks ago I started to walk again. I walk in a running field 6 rounds in about 20 minutes. I am trying to do it everyday but because of my job schedule I can only walk every other day. My purpose of walking is to reduce my tummy fat and weight.

What is the best way to walk? After breakfast or before? Do I have to increase the distance every day or every week?

I will appreciate your great advise. Thanks a lot!
Old February 8th 18, 02:39 AM posted to misc.fitness.walking
Joy Beeson

Default Just Beginning Walking-Need Advice!

On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 06:11:38 +0100, JMFIT
wrote:

I am trying to do it everyday but because of my job
schedule I can only walk every other day.

I try to include short walks in my everyday routine -- enough of them
add up.

When I park at a supermarket, instead of looking for a place near the
door, I look for a place where I'm not likely to have anyone parked
close when I back out, or a place where I can pull in from the back
and not have to back the car. Then I always return the cart to the
store instead of the corral.

I probably took a two-mile walk yesterday: I had a check to cash, and
walked to the bank.

Going out of my way to use staircases helps some.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Old February 27th 18, 07:18 AM
Simi Simi is offline
Junior Member

My suggestion to you would be a short daily walk before breakfast (you don't want to mess up with your stomach after breakfast obviously). It doesn't have to be a long walk that could end up discourage you to maintain this exercise habit.
Otherwise, as Beeson did propose, you can take advantage of short walks combined within a few days.
Old February 27th 18, 10:39 PM posted to misc.fitness.walking
walktx

See if you can find a walking club near you. AVA.org has a list of clubs nation wide and Meetups sometimes has walking groups. If you are going to make walking a lifetime habit you need to get off the track and see interesting things and meet interesting people.