HIT and Powerlifting

Old September 24th 04, 12:24 AM
Publius Enigma

Default HIT and Powerlifting

Just wondering if any powerlifters here have had any experience with High
Intensity Training? I'd like to hear some advice! Thanks!

Old September 24th 04, 12:52 AM
Pat Styles

"Publius Enigma" wrote in message
Just wondering if any powerlifters here have had any experience with High
Intensity Training? I'd like to hear some advice! Thanks!

Don't do it! You're welcome!
ps

Old September 24th 04, 12:57 AM
Keith Hobman

In article , "Publius
Enigma" wrote:

Just wondering if any powerlifters here have had any experience with High
Intensity Training? I'd like to hear some advice! Thanks!

What do you mean by 'High Intensity Training'?

Are you talking Mentzer/Jones/Darden one set to perceived failure done
once or twice per week? Or something else.
Old September 24th 04, 02:28 AM
John Hanson

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:24:32 GMT, "Publius Enigma"
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

Just wondering if any powerlifters here have had any experience with High
Intensity Training? I'd like to hear some advice! Thanks!

It's a common training techniques used by powerlifters when they get
too strong and want to lower their totals.

Old September 24th 04, 03:01 AM
Wayne S. Hill

John Hanson wrote:

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:24:32 GMT, "Publius Enigma"
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

Just wondering if any powerlifters here have had any
experience with High Intensity Training? I'd like to hear
some advice! Thanks!

It's a common training techniques used by powerlifters when
they get too strong and want to lower their totals.

Doh! Beat me to it.

--
-Wayne
Old September 24th 04, 11:06 AM
Helgi Briem

wrote:

Just wondering if any powerlifters here have had any experience with High
Intensity Training? I'd like to hear some advice! Thanks!

It's very good if you don't want to get too big and too strong.

--
Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

Never worry about anything that you see on the news.
To get on the news it must be sufficiently rare
that your chances of being involved are negligible!
Old September 24th 04, 03:49 PM
No Frills

wrote:

Just wondering if any powerlifters here have had any experience with High
Intensity Training? I'd like to hear some advice! Thanks!

HIT is the best thing since trap bars.
Old October 2nd 04, 12:53 AM
Kromagnon

Publius Enigma wrote:
Just wondering if any powerlifters here have had any

experience
with High Intensity Training? I'd like to hear some advice!

Thanks!

Since powerlifting is intense by itself I'll assume you're
talking about cardio. Yes you should do cardio even if you
powerlift. HIIT is better than long drawn out cardio. I don't
do cardio the day before heavy lowerbody/legs and I don't do
cardio immediately after legs.

Doing cardio will NOT make you weaker and it's not used by
lifters to reduce the amount they can lift , as suggested by
some others. Don't do five 45 minute sessions a week though. I
do either 20 min of HIIT 3 times/week or 3-30 min
sessions/week. Mix it up but don't avoid it.

I lift competitively and have been doing so for approx. 11
years.

Old October 2nd 04, 03:17 AM
John Hanson

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:53:51 -0700, "Kromagnon" wrote
in misc.fitness.weights:

Publius Enigma wrote:
Just wondering if any powerlifters here have had any

experience
with High Intensity Training? I'd like to hear some advice!

Thanks!

Since powerlifting is intense by itself I'll assume you're
talking about cardio. Yes you should do cardio even if you
powerlift. HIIT is better than long drawn out cardio. I don't
do cardio the day before heavy lowerbody/legs and I don't do
cardio immediately after legs.

Doing cardio will NOT make you weaker and it's not used by
lifters to reduce the amount they can lift , as suggested by
some others. Don't do five 45 minute sessions a week though. I
do either 20 min of HIIT 3 times/week or 3-30 min
sessions/week. Mix it up but don't avoid it.

I lift competitively and have been doing so for approx. 11
years.

So what is your name?