Can steroid use cause Atrial Fibrillation?

Old September 24th 04, 12:30 PM
Afibdude

Default Can steroid use cause Atrial Fibrillation?

Just wondering because I had an episode
of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
of a cycle of Testosterone.

I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
squats.

Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?

The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
steroids.

So could the test. have caused it?

Thanks,
Afibdude
Old September 24th 04, 02:22 PM
Dally

Afibdude wrote:

Just wondering because I had an episode
of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
of a cycle of Testosterone.

I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
squats.

Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?

The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
steroids.

So could the test. have caused it?

Seriously, why not tell your doctor? It's not like they're going to
slap you in jail. If you don't trust your doctor then find one you do
trust.

May I suggest you make out a will, durable power of attorney and health
care proxies soon, by the way?

Dally

Old September 28th 04, 06:12 AM
Robert Schuh

Afibdude wrote:

Just wondering because I had an episode
of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
of a cycle of Testosterone.

I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
squats.

Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?

The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
steroids.

So could the test. have caused it?

Thanks,
Afibdude

No

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

Old September 28th 04, 06:13 AM
Robert Schuh

Tiger Hillside wrote:

On 24 Sep 2004 04:30:05 -0700, (Afibdude) wrote:

Just wondering because I had an episode
of AF 2 weeks ago while in the 3rd week
of a cycle of Testosterone.

I am 42 5' 10" 195 and in pretty good shape.
The night before the AF episode I did 40 total pull-ups
and 40 total chin-ups (5 sets of each), 5 sets of bench
presses, a few sets of weighted sit-ups, and 5 sets of
squats.

Could the amount of exertion have caused the AF?

The doc's seem to think it was due to excess caffine
or stress, I did not tell them about the cycle of
steroids.

So could the test. have caused it?

Tell your doctor about any and all drugs you take, about anything you
do that can affect your health. Their job is to keep you alive and
healthy, not to fink on you to some authority. Do not assume that you
are sufficiently competent (and clearly you are not or you would not
have asked a medical question is a newsgroup) to know what is
sufficiently relevant. Afib is not necessarily deadly, but it is not a
good thing. If you are damaging your heart you really want to know so
you can stop. I can tell you from experience that Afib is not caused
by excessive exercise. I had a bout of Afib and discussed it at length
with my cardiologist.

Who is this know nothing moron? I take it he is a new MFW troll. Typical
anonymous ****.

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

Old September 28th 04, 02:02 PM
Tiger Hillside

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:13:39 -0700, Robert Schuh
wrote:

Tiger Hillside wrote:

[...]

I am sorry you have such a bad attitude towards women. Was there
anything specific you have to say or are you the one trolling?

Old September 28th 04, 02:03 PM
Tiger Hillside

wrote:

Tiger Hillside wrote:

[...]

Sorry, I just saw more of his posts. He is a troll. My error.

Old September 28th 04, 02:33 PM
Lee Michaels

"Tiger Hillside" babbled

Robert Schuh wrote:

Who is this know nothing moron? I take it he is a new MFW troll. Typical
anonymous ****.

Sorry, I just saw more of his posts. He is a troll. My error.

Whatever yout attitude towards Mr Schuh may be, he has good troll radar. He
may be ill tempered from time to time, but he has far more expertise than
you.

I will take Robert's opinion over yours anyday.

Troll.

Old September 28th 04, 04:14 PM
Tiger Hillside

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:33:06 GMT, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Tiger Hillside" babbled

Robert Schuh wrote:

Who is this know nothing moron? I take it he is a new MFW troll. Typical
anonymous ****.

Sorry, I just saw more of his posts. He is a troll. My error.

Whatever yout attitude towards Mr Schuh may be, he has good troll radar. He
may be ill tempered from time to time, but he has far more expertise than
you.

I will take Robert's opinion over yours anyday.

Troll.

I guess I come from a tradition where people present evidence and make
argument, not just call people names. What exactly seemed troll like
from my Afib comment? Neither you nor Mr Schuh have said. Mr Schuh
made multiple at that time that seemed nothing but insults. If that is
what you consider good radar go with it.

Old September 28th 04, 05:21 PM
John M. Williams

Tiger Hillside wrote:

I guess I come from a tradition where people present evidence and make
argument, not just call people names.

Given your willingness to express your opinion without a shred of
evidence, you must be quite a rebel when it comes to tradition.

Lt's make Lardo admit he is on Welfare and a note too MFW: The anti Steroid people should read this Azhosers Weights 19 April 9th 04 01:23 PM
Indictments in Steroid Scheme Ozzie Gontang Running 3 February 13th 04 08:15 PM
Steroid E-book corruptbizkit1 Weights 0 November 23rd 03 07:01 AM
aspirating during steroid injection SK Weights 2 October 1st 03 08:37 PM
Steroid Use covered on the Ricki Lake Show this week. [email protected] Weights 11 August 27th 03 09:19 AM